Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Plan the Trade (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=582121)

erasmus66 Feb 28, 2019 3:07pm | Post# 10881

for those interested in the 123 pattern that forms everyday on the ym {image}
top work Harold .. what parameters are you using for ym(sl/tp/be+1)

erasmus66 Feb 28, 2019 3:08pm | Post# 10882

also are you using 30 sec chart?

LookinGood Feb 28, 2019 3:08pm | Post# 10883

not much for me grabbed my automatic 123 on ym and grabbed 20 today with nq
Nice ain't it. Started looking at NQ again. It's a good combo.

Divergence Feb 28, 2019 3:20pm | Post# 10884

also are you using 30 sec chart?
20 second chart up 6 stop to +1 up 12 lock in 11 target is 12 ticks

VEEFX Feb 28, 2019 3:25pm | Post# 10885

{quote} Don't know if this would be of interest (not wishing you to go off down the rabbit hole). But it's what my business partner would use if he were programming such a thing: https://www.quantopian.com/
Yeah... it has to pass my smell test first and foremost otherwise I am just no different than the 1000s of EA developers out here in trading strategy secion.

I already have contacts with some VERY DEEP pockets (I am talking 100M plus here) that I can tap into down the road. Capital is not a problem.... preservation is where my focus is :-)

FXsniper111 Feb 28, 2019 3:33pm | Post# 10886

{quote} Yeah... it has to pass my smell test first and foremost otherwise I am just no different than the 1000s of EA developers out here in trading strategy secion. I already have contacts with some VERY DEEP pockets (I am talking 100M plus here) that I can tap into down the road. Capital is not a problem.... preservation is where my focus is :-)
If you have contacts with 100 mill..Shouldnt be a problem to get a mill to trade and quit the job you hate so much.I mean 10% a year would be more than enough.

erasmus66 Feb 28, 2019 3:39pm | Post# 10887

{quote} 20 second chart up 6 stop to +1 up 12 lock in 11 target is 12 ticks
ok great thanks Harold .. will investigate

erasmus66 Feb 28, 2019 3:40pm | Post# 10888

sl 8?

VEEFX Feb 28, 2019 3:49pm | Post# 10889

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} You can just let people who program for a living to do the grunt work for you. https://www.sierrachart.com/index.ph...rogrammers.php
No thanks. I don't believe in paying a dime to anyone else... never have and never will! I have been duped by many unsuspecting developers pretending as traders in the past with whom I shared fully documented strategies only to get nothing in return. I simply cannot and will not trust strangers on forums when it comes to my future livelihood. There is no shortcut bro and I personally have a very hard time giving up on anything until I reach the finish line. I will get there for sure....atleast the algo is generating signals properly most of the time and works fine if individually triggered. I just don't believe in half-ass solutions (just my background comes in my way I guess). You give it all in or why bother at all.

Just to give a flavor of how comprehensive I get during design phase.... here's some "stats" on my strategy development.

Total Studies: 138 (uses only a couple of moving averages as "indicator")
Total Alert Studies (visual confirmation): 5
Total Trading Condition Based on Alert - Entry :
Market Condition based = 30 (15 for buys and 15 for sells... covering TF, CTF, Rangebound, Reversion, Breakout and Bounce market conditions within OC)
Time-Based = 8
Total Trading Condition Based on Alert - Profit Exits = 12 (6 for long and 6 for short)
Total Trading Condition Based on Alert - Loss Exits = 10 (5 for long and 5 for short)
Tools specific to entry/exit Setups = 10
Studies that act like Global Parameters: 22
Cockpit: Studies to control on/off of individual algos = 8
Portfolio:Account Management Study: 9
General Tools: 17 (mostly related to OC Framework)

I am into my 35th version of study collection and have run over 20K market replays since 12/1 just on NQ alone. Obviously, None of this effort will guarantees success but it provides 100% assurance what to avoid.

I will delete this post to avoid clutter.
Name:  Image1.png
Views: 310
Size:  18 KB

hilmy83 Feb 28, 2019 3:59pm | Post# 10890

{quote} No thanks. I don't believe in paying a dime to anyone else... never have and never will! I have been duped by many unsuspecting developers pretending as traders in the past with whom I shared fully documented strategies only to get nothing in return. I simply cannot and will not trust strangers on forums when it comes to my future livelihood. There is no shortcut bro and I personally have a very hard time giving up on anything until I reach the finish line. I will get there for sure....atleast the algo is generating signals properly most...
oh my god

FXsniper111 Feb 28, 2019 4:04pm | Post# 10891

{quote} oh my god
I knowTry and keep it simple somebody told me once.

VEEFX Feb 28, 2019 4:13pm | Post# 10892

{quote} I knowTry and keep it simple somebody told me once.
Behind all this fluff, it is as simple as 123. Trust me on this. Most of these are only used for me to validate and confirm what I see whether it has any merit. When I will go live, it will most likely have only a handful of studies.

Divergence Feb 28, 2019 4:16pm | Post# 10893

sl 8?

VEEFX Feb 28, 2019 4:17pm | Post# 10894

{quote} If you have contacts with 100 mill..Shouldnt be a problem to get a mill to trade and quit the job you hate so much.I mean 10% a year would be more than enough.
That contact requires me to relocate to his home country as a pre-condition to invest and he won't accept any strategy that is not proven to work independently on both Gold and Oil... as weird as it sounds.

Divergence Feb 28, 2019 4:25pm | Post# 10895

{quote} That contact requires me to relocate to his home country as a pre-condition to invest and he won't accept any strategy that is not proven to work independently on both Gold and Oil... as weird as it sounds.
its as easy as 123 hint hint

bluesteele Feb 28, 2019 4:25pm | Post# 10896

{quote} No thanks. I don't believe in paying a dime to anyone else... never have and never will! I have been duped by many unsuspecting developers pretending as traders in the past with whom I shared fully documented strategies only to get nothing in return. I simply cannot and will not trust strangers on forums when it comes to my future livelihood. There is no shortcut bro and I personally have a very hard time giving up on anything until I reach the finish line. I will get there for sure....atleast the algo is generating signals properly most...
Please dont take this the wrong way V...
But damn your one hell of a smart guy...Highly intelligent without a doubt...
I honeslty dont understand alot of what you post... I look at it and scratch my head ...And I have an above average IQ lol.

I admire your Bulldog tenacity and work ethic.. I really do.

Were all different and Maybe because I am a much simpler person.... I keep my trading simple(NOT EASY) but simple with good Rs and MM.....

Maybe if you were to simplify things somehow ??? But i dont know if its in your nature...As your intelligence blows me away.
Again I say that respectfully.

But man youve put in serious time and efforts ... Something is missing tho... I wish I had the smarts to help.
But your leagues above me with your programming and development...

Anyways I hope you find a solution...But i dont think hardly anyone on this forum has the smarts to help you..
Maybe a few guys from the past...

Anyhooo GoodLuck Vee... hope outside of your Sierra fun..life is well

Cheers
Blue

hilmy83 Feb 28, 2019 4:26pm | Post# 10897

{quote} That contact requires me to relocate to his home country as a pre-condition to invest and he won't accept any strategy that is not proven to work independently on both Gold and Oil... as weird as it sounds.
a 100k account is more than enough to pull 1-2k a day. Why even bother with outside money?

VEEFX Feb 28, 2019 4:33pm | Post# 10898

{quote} a 100k account is more than enough to pull 1-2k a day. Why even bother with outside money?
exactly. Trading OPM does not fancy me at all. It's more stress than what I go thru at work so why other.

VEEFX Feb 28, 2019 4:38pm | Post# 10899

{quote} its as easy as 123 hint hint
i think so too.. he has real and legit businesses in gold and oil with supposedly daily revenue into 1Mplus. He is worth 600M+ but didn't want to sound like BS. I think it has got to be related to some hedging shit with his business. He probably wants me local to choke my throat if I lose so no thanks to that offer lol

Divergence Feb 28, 2019 4:50pm | Post# 10900

{quote} i think so too.. he has real and legit businesses in gold and oil with supposedly daily revenue into 1Mplus. He is worth 600M+ but didn't want to sound like BS. I think it has got to be related to some hedging shit with his business. He probably wants me local to choke my throat if I lose so no thanks to that offer lol
do it yourself abc its easy as 123

© Forex Factory