Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Plan the Trade (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=582121)

onejester Jan 19, 2019 2:18pm | Post# 10261

I liked Rockys thread and it looks so simple and logical, until you get your face slapped a few times with bigger stops. Whether he can make it work or not, is a matter for him.

There are a lot of people paid to be on these threads to mention brokers and trading software and keep threads going (not saying Rocky is). Look at 'trading made simple for instance'. I mean, why (how) would/could so much be written about green crosses red.

If you can't interpret the size of those bars, (via an algo or otherwise) what they mean and get some context around them on a given days behaviour (early on), the only thing you can do is to keep looking until you can.

There is more than enough on this thread to get you there.

Divergence Jan 19, 2019 2:19pm | Post# 10262

I agree VEE if strategy works it works all thats left to do is work it

Divergence Jan 19, 2019 3:02pm | Post# 10263

a guy asked me for this I'd thought I'd share it
Inserted Video

bapakjason Jan 19, 2019 8:18pm | Post# 10264

Monday is MLK day . . . .

corinthia Jan 20, 2019 2:55pm | Post# 10265

Not sure if this was answered before. Anyone tried ninjatrader platform and brokerage to trade the NQ1?

magnumfreak Jan 20, 2019 3:14pm | Post# 10266

Not sure if this was answered before. Anyone tried ninjatrader platform and brokerage to trade the NQ1?
I use NT8 with NinjaTrader brokerage. They aren't technically a brokerage, they are an FCM for Phillip Capital and Dorman. I went with Phillip Capital. Very stable connection. Haven't had any dropped connections in the first 7 months I have used them. Instant execution on orders. Bank wire withdrawals are in the bank next day. Deposits to them via bank wire are also next day.

onejester Jan 20, 2019 4:38pm | Post# 10267

Its a personal thing, but I tried nt7, then 8. I had to install windows in a virtual machine to get it to get it to work. I came across Sierra much later and didn't need Windows to run it. The replay function was far easier to use in Sierra (and less buggy) . If you're going to invest in a learning curve I think Sierra is better.

jack411 Jan 20, 2019 4:46pm | Post# 10268

Excellent tbread you have going. I trade YM and NQ in a very similar way myself.

I usually am only active in the C-12 supply and demand thread. Id recommend anybody who likes this methodology to jump over and read through C-12s stuff. All supply and demand. The only difference is nowadays C holds onto the bigger intraday moves. It certainly can be done, but the impatient person in me still prefers fast scalping action.

CableGuy, I would also like to see what your thoughts are long term for silver and gold charts. I never got into studying Elliot Wave, but those that understand it seem to do well with interpreting direction for the long term.

Anyway, cheers to you all for a great thread.

Someone else has already started a 'Trade the Plan' thread, so i have shortened my preferred title! I am combining a couple of systems, so i will try to explain as i go along, rather than list all criteria here in the title. I am basing my trading method on a style i learnt from a brilliant trader with the handle 'Divergence'. He selflessly shares this method on a thread under 'Trading Systems', so whereas, i wanted to start a thread, i thought i would list it under 'Traders Journals' instead. I will include some Elliott Wave work within my own...

jack411 Jan 20, 2019 4:49pm | Post# 10269

a guy asked me for this I'd thought I'd share it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crkPBEATMw0
Excellent video and very thorough. This is almost exactly what I do, just explained a little differently. Basically the same trades though.

bapakjason Jan 20, 2019 5:15pm | Post# 10270

Its a personal thing, but I tried nt7, then 8. I had to install windows in a virtual machine to get it to get it to work. I came across Sierra much later and didn't need Windows to run it. The replay function was far easier to use in Sierra (and less buggy) . If your'e going to invest in a learning curve I think Sierra is better.
How do you run Sierra?

onejester Jan 20, 2019 6:44pm | Post# 10271

{quote} How do you run Sierra?
Wine/play on mac in osx. The program allows certain windows programs to run in osx environment. Drag SC into the folder created by play on mac, enter folder, click on .exe and off you go good as gold.

bapakjason Jan 20, 2019 6:57pm | Post# 10272

{quote} Wine/play on mac in osx. The program allows certain windows programs to run in osx environment. Drag SC into the folder created by play on mac, enter folder, click on .exe and off you go good as gold.
Gotcha. Thanks

Mum Jan 20, 2019 7:37pm | Post# 10273

{quote} Wine/play on mac in osx. The program allows certain windows programs to run in osx environment. Drag SC into the folder created by play on mac, enter folder, click on .exe and off you go good as gold.

does it run as good as on windows 10 ?

corinthia Jan 21, 2019 1:31am | Post# 10274

{quote} I use NT8 with NinjaTrader brokerage. They aren't technically a brokerage, they are an FCM for Phillip Capital and Dorman. I went with Phillip Capital. Very stable connection. Haven't had any dropped connections in the first 7 months I have used them. Instant execution on orders. Bank wire withdrawals are in the bank next day. Deposits to them via bank wire are also next day.
Thanks for the response. Will check it out.
Thanks also Onejester for the Sierra advice. Will check out it out also.

VEEFX Jan 21, 2019 2:27am | Post# 10275

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Under Global Settings > Graphics Settings > scroll down to Chart Trading Order Fills.
Sorry, this was for setting graphics..

Here's how you set up fills to show on charts in Sierra
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 137 KB

onejester Jan 21, 2019 3:44am | Post# 10276

{quote} does it run as good as on windows 10 ?
There is nothing I can't do with it that I couldn't do in windows 10. Back then (couple of years ago) you couldn't run nt8 in the same way.

hilmy83 Jan 22, 2019 9:51am | Post# 10277

today's trading theme song...hehe

Inserted Video

Divergence Jan 22, 2019 10:00am | Post# 10278

lousy PA got a sell waiting at 4350 from 123 break

Mum Jan 22, 2019 10:01am | Post# 10279

lousy PA got a sell waiting at 4350 from 123 break
pa looks weird, what is going on? it's taily and shit

hilmy83 Jan 22, 2019 10:05am | Post# 10280

got longs in. hoping to sell into vwap

© Forex Factory