Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   TMT Scalping System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=577639)

Iamdrp Mar 27, 2019 10:17am | Post# 1761

Hi guys i am curious what settings do you use for the half trend? I set it at 10 the default settings where too sensitive any advice will be awesome thanks

daviejwg8 Mar 27, 2019 10:18am | Post# 1762

{quote} Thanks mate, Now i Get it. You adjust the EA to the % calculated based on ATR. Example: SL = 2,5 ATR First TP (70%) = 1 ATR TP (30%) = 2,5 ATR BE = 0,5 ATR ( 0,1 from that input is my locked pip) Trailing start 1 ATR In the NZD JPY Today ATR is 16,3 Pips. You have to setup EA like that: SL = 32,6 First TP (70%) = 16,3 TP (30%) = 32,6 BE = 8,1 Trailling = 16,3 Correctly?
Hey Coyahhh,

Which TF are you getting your ATR from out of curiosity?

Cheers

coyahhh Mar 27, 2019 10:24am | Post# 1763

{quote} Hey Coyahhh, Which TF are you getting your ATR from out of curiosity? Cheers
Get on 5M.

MaPi Mar 27, 2019 12:05pm | Post# 1764

Hi, just received some question via pm about Quik Trailing so I post the answers here:

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INPUTS ARE IN PIPs, so e.g. 0.1 would mean 0,00001 in EURUSD or 0,001 in USDJPY. PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT OTHER MARKETS LIKE DOW OR DAX might be different, reason behind is the concept of MT4 Poits, so e.g. at Dax 10 would represent 1 Dax point. THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BE SURE IS CHECK SETTING ON A DEMO ACCOUNT FOR EACH MARKET TYP, BUT PLEASE DO THIS BY YOURSELF

1. The EA is quite easy and well documented (I also uploaded the manual), so the best way to get used to it is by trading on a demo account and check all functions (this is exactly the way I created all my knowledge on it).

2. Quick Trailing has the option to be switched to "Auto" for SL and TP calculation. There is now periode setting in it, so it is not celar what kind of ATR it is calculating. With the input you set a multiple of the calculated value. PLEASE NOTE FOR SL YOU CAN SET A MAXIMUM (IF ATR GOES TO WIDE) AND ALSO PLEASE NOT THAT TP IN AUTO IS ALWAYS 0,5 of SL (DUE TO THE FACT THIS EA IS FOR SCALPING WHERE TP IS OFTEN CLOSER THEN SL). So if you want to have a 1/1 ration between SL and TP set e.g. 5 SL and 10 TP. You can check the calculation in the chart.

3. The function first TP allaws you a partial close. You can set the % you want to close and the pips (calculate from opening price) where the partial close should take place.

I hope this helps you, but again, if anything is not clear, try it on demo account to check, this will help you to handle the EA and I will never recomand using an EA on a real acc. when you are not be able to handle ist...

Cheers and green pips to all of us!

daviejwg8 Mar 28, 2019 12:51am | Post# 1765

{quote} Hi Davie, My deepest appreciation for sharing this with us! I've set this up on my charts and it's already highlighted several good entry points! I'll start testing and sharing my results so we can all benefit from my learning.
Hey there,

You're most welcome, hope it adds value and I look forward to seeing your results!

I'm working on some interesting tweaks that I look forward to sharing after testing.

daviejwg8 Mar 28, 2019 12:58am | Post# 1766

{quote} Hi, i have been checking your tpl and it seems really nice do you mind sharing your setting on the trend corridor? since i notice you use 2 of them thank you green pips
Hey,

Of course, so the first set of bands you add the settings are as standard.

For the second set the ATR multiplier is set to 3.8, this should give you the 'zones' you see in my previous pics. Obviously the colours are down to preference.

Hope this helps

daviejwg8 Mar 28, 2019 4:34am | Post# 1767

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all,

I thought some of you might find this useful, it's an alert for trendline breaks and works perfectly. Just add it to your experts folder and stick it on your chart, you can remove the writing it puts on your screen in the inputs section.

It will also take trades for you automatically but I'd rather do that manually personally.

TrendlineAlert.mq4

Pollen Mar 28, 2019 5:38am | Post# 1768

1 Attachment(s)
EU on channel, Daily candle is now green.
Might go fro buy scalps later

Click to Enlarge

Name: POL-EU-44.PNG
Size: 54 KB

Iamdrp Mar 28, 2019 7:36am | Post# 1769

{quote} Hey, Of course, so the first set of bands you add the settings are as standard. For the second set the ATR multiplier is set to 3.8, this should give you the 'zones' you see in my previous pics. Obviously the colours are down to preference. Hope this helps
Yes, thank you so much for the reply as soon as i have time for live trade even on demo i will contribute too.

eInvestFX Mar 28, 2019 7:43am | Post# 1770

Hi @Pollen

Maybe you can uploud your indicators and teamplate ?

daviejwg8 Mar 28, 2019 8:26am | Post# 1771

Safe to say today has been extremely challenging with a string of losses outweighing a couple of wins! With tomorrow being the last day of the month I'm expecting some manipulation as the Market Makers wrap things up.

Pollen Mar 28, 2019 10:46am | Post# 1772

Hi @Pollen Maybe you can uploud your indicators and teamplate ?
check first post, all indicators you need are there

Hutch Mar 28, 2019 4:35pm | Post# 1773

Safe to say today has been extremely challenging with a string of losses outweighing a couple of wins! With tomorrow being the last day of the month I'm expecting some manipulation as the Market Makers wrap things up.
Never worry about market makers since they are all small fries. Instead, worry about the investment banks and hedge funds since these are the entities controlling the currency market.

moaaz.mirza Mar 29, 2019 4:08am | Post# 1774

1 Attachment(s)
One more indicator for remain in trend and not caught in Choppy market

Symphonie_Trendline_Indikator.ex4

saulriets6 Mar 29, 2019 5:33am | Post# 1775

1 Attachment(s)
Vamos, here we go again {image}
Hi Mapi! can i ask you this indicators and template from this post 1,757 please???
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-03-29 11.32.43.png
Size: 227 KB

AlexeyRoss Mar 30, 2019 7:07am | Post# 1776

Hello traders, in addition to 1 posts indis id like to reccomend you True MACD And better volume indicators
Try And you Will see that they are good for confirmation. And better volume is Best in keeping you away from bloodbath trades

Hutch Mar 30, 2019 12:44pm | Post# 1777

Hello traders, in addition to 1 posts indis id like to reccomend you True MACD And better volume indicators Try And you Will see that they are good for confirmation. And better volume is Best in keeping you away from bloodbath trades
Is the True MACD better than the Zerolag MACD?

2george Mar 30, 2019 12:47pm | Post# 1778

1 Attachment(s)
Bearish – Lower PRICE High – Higher Indicator high – indicates underlying weakness.

Not often I see these hidden divergences!

I will wait and see the result next week as there is plenty of bullish momentum on the lower timeframes.
George
Click to Enlarge

Name: #Germany30H4.png
Size: 65 KB

Pollen Apr 1, 2019 4:09pm | Post# 1779

1 Attachment(s)
here we go!!!

Click to Enlarge

Name: POL-EU-45.PNG
Size: 3 KB

danc Apr 2, 2019 12:04am | Post# 1780

GREAT Stuff Thks