Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trend Hugger System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=57749)

tkimble Nov 26, 2007 12:14pm | Post# 1

Trend Hugger System

This is by far my most profitable system and very simple.

1. Works with all types of time frames (hourly, 4 hour, daily, weekly, monthly).

2. Create a MACD or OsMA chart using the following parameters:

Fast EMA 40
Slow EMA 50
Signal SMA 100

3. The MACD and/or OsMA value will change for every price bar.

4. Use 50 PIP stop on all trades...

Buy Signal: When the current price bar MACD or OsMa signal is greater than the previous price bar MACD or OsMA value

Sell Signal: When the current price bar MACD or OsMA signal is less than the previous price bar MACD or OsMA value

That is it. This system will allow execution of buys at the very low point of a trend and the exeuction of sells at the very high point of trends...

Your only preference should be the timelines. If you have time to monitor the market daily, use the hourly chart. If not, use the 4 hour or daily chart. The greater the timeline, the fewer the trades.

I have been successfully trading this system using a one hour chart.

Enjoy,

TK

fxking Nov 26, 2007 12:17pm | Post# 2

This is by far my most profitable system and very simple.

1. Works with all types of time frames (hourly, 4 hour, daily, weekly, monthly).

2. Create a MACD or OsMA chart using the following parameters:

Fast EMA 40
Slow EMA 50
Signal SMA 100

3. The MACD and/or OsMA value will change for every price bar.

Buy Signal: When the current price bar MACD or OsMa signal is greater than the previous price bar MACD or OsMA value

Sell Signal: When the current price bar MACD or OsMA signal is less than the previous price bar MACD or OsMA value

That is is. This system will allow execution of buys at the very low point of a trend and the exeuction of sells at the very high point of trends...

You only preference should be the timelines. If you have time to monitor the market daily, use the hourly chart. If not, use the 4 hour or daily chart. The greater the timeline, the fewer the trades.

I have been successfully trading this system using a one hour chart.

Enjoy,

TK
thanks for the system tk,can u pls post some charts? thanks

tkimble Nov 26, 2007 12:33pm | Post# 3

Chart Attached

1 Attachment(s)
thanks for the system tk,can u pls post some charts? thanks
I have attached the one hour GBP/JPY chart that I am currently trading. Simply selling the peaks and buying at the trough.

TK
Trend Hugger-GBPJPY,H1.pdf

WHTenn Nov 26, 2007 12:51pm | Post# 4

I have attached the one hour GBP/JPY chart that I am currently trading. Simply selling the peaks and buying at the trough.

TK
Your chart does not show us when you get into a trade and when you get out of it.

Can you post a chart from your trading screen instead?

You also state that the system works in all time frames but you only point out hourly and higher time frames.

What pairs do you trade?

Thanks for answering!

billbss Nov 26, 2007 12:58pm | Post# 5

Are you always in the market with this system?

Do you use a crash SL?

Thanks

Pidgeon Nov 26, 2007 1:02pm | Post# 6

Hey TK,
Thanks for another great system. With all the winning strategies you've shown us over the past year, I would think you could publish a book of them sooner or later

I'm still using the weekly and daily systems, but perhaps I'll give this a try on a seperate chart. I'll try it on the daily to see how it does. Possiblilty of a nice longer term system.

To answer WHTenn -- you buy at the "troughs" and sell at the "peaks" of the MACD or OsMA indicators. Fairly simple.

TK - do you use stop and reverses on this system? It would seem logical to do so.

Alvaro Nov 26, 2007 1:03pm | Post# 7

Glad to have TK back!!!!

Hi tkimble, very happy that you developed a new strategy, i know for sure it will be great, like the others.
I been very but very succesfully using your weekly scalping since a couple of months.
You deserve my respect ant 1000 thanks for sharing your experience with us.
But TK since i dont use any indicator on my strategy, i will like to get some help with this.
First, how to plot the emas?id try in MT4 but i dont see any set up for fast ema, i just saw exponential, simple, smothed and linear weighted with close, open etc, also i have no idea about what is osMA.
I know sounds a little bit ridiculos to ask for that, but belive it or not i use the weekly with profitable with no indicators at all.
So if you can help me with that, i ll be happy, i hope not booring you with stupid questions, but i really need the the help with this issue.
Ok, TK, great job my friend, keep it up, God bless you.

Pidgeon Nov 26, 2007 1:16pm | Post# 8

To help everyone not familiar with OsMA (Oscillator of Moving Averages), you plot this in MT4 using the Custom indicator list. Its under there, and you just plug in the 3 numbers TK gave us. I can post a picture if this isnt clear.

tkimble Nov 26, 2007 1:28pm | Post# 9

Stops...

Hey TK,
Thanks for another great system. With all the winning strategies you've shown us over the past year, I would think you could publish a book of them sooner or later

I'm still using the weekly and daily systems, but perhaps I'll give this a try on a seperate chart. I'll try it on the daily to see how it does. Possiblilty of a nice longer term system.

To answer WHTenn -- you buy at the "troughs" and sell at the "peaks" of the MACD or OsMA indicators. Fairly simple.

TK - do you use stop and reverses on this system? It would seem logical to do so.
My apologies. Yes, I use a 50 PIP stop for each trade...

TK

mxb Nov 26, 2007 1:47pm | Post# 10

system sounds interesting but i am still unclear after plotting macd not seeing clear signals to buy or sell...looks very descretionary (sp?)

Please plot chart and give some examples (of course when you have time)

thank you !!!

killertrader Nov 26, 2007 1:48pm | Post# 11

Visually, it's very nice. Conceptually, how is it supposed to work? I.E., where did you come up with the settings?

Alvaro Nov 26, 2007 1:48pm | Post# 12

Thanks Pidgeon

Thanks a lot pidgeon, i know souns stupid but i didnt know, thats why we are her with friends like you, just to help others, ok, ill be tryiong this one and let you know, thanks TK and all the friends at this forum.
God bless you guys.

carmel Nov 26, 2007 1:52pm | Post# 13

Thanks!

1 Attachment(s)
TKimble,

Your contributions are always appreciated. Thanks for this new system. Question on an entry: The attached picture seems to show a good entry but then a drawdown of about 165 pips while the MACD and OSMA are continuing their downtrends. Comments? Thanks again.
Click to Enlarge

Name: trend hugger.gif
Size: 51 KB

carmel Nov 26, 2007 1:59pm | Post# 14

Answered my own question!

I love it when I do that! HaHa. The answer is that one must buy at the bottom of the trend and sell at the top. This particular picture shows the bottom of the trend, which is no place to buy! Thanks again for a great system.

TKimble,

Your contributions are always appreciated. Thanks for this new system. Question on an entry: The attached picture seems to show a good entry but then a drawdown of about 165 pips while the MACD and OSMA are continuing their downtrends. Comments? Thanks again.

tkimble Nov 26, 2007 2:22pm | Post# 15

Visually, it's very nice. Conceptually, how is it supposed to work? I.E., where did you come up with the settings?
Many late hour prototypings...
TK

killertrader Nov 26, 2007 2:30pm | Post# 16

That's the best way. Good enough. Thanks for your work on this. Looks good at this point. I think I'll try to use it as confirmation of my other system.

billbss Nov 26, 2007 2:31pm | Post# 17

To help everyone not familiar with OsMA (Oscillator of Moving Averages), you plot this in MT4 using the Custom indicator list. Its under there, and you just plug in the 3 numbers TK gave us. I can post a picture if this isnt clear.
You don't need the custom list.
It's under the standard indicator list.
It's called "Moving Average of Oscillator"

dbeach777 Nov 26, 2007 2:59pm | Post# 18

signal

I love it when I do that! HaHa. The answer is that one must buy at the bottom of the trend and sell at the top. This particular picture shows the bottom of the trend, which is no place to buy! Thanks again for a great system.
That's not the way I understood the buy and sell signals, carmal. He says to buy at the trough, sell at the peak. See the blue line going across the MACD bars? I figure this meant that as long as the macd trends one way, down, then it's in a sell... once they start going up, it's a buy. In that case, every signal in your chart could have been profitable.

By the way, how did you come by that colorful OsMA indicator?

killertrader Nov 26, 2007 3:03pm | Post# 19

Yeah, I like yours better than the standard one. How about hookin' us up?

carmel Nov 26, 2007 3:04pm | Post# 20

Osma Indicator

2 Attachment(s)
That could be... Here is the indicator.

That's not the way I understood the buy and sell signals, carmal. He says to buy at the trough, sell at the peak. See the blue line going across the MACD bars? I figure this meant that as long as the macd trends one way, down, then it's in a sell... once they start going up, it's a buy. In that case, every signal in your chart could have been profitable.

OsMA.ex4
OsMA.mq4

© Forex Factory