Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Trade the plan (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=577102)

Bullseye Jem Feb 2, 2016 11:12am | Post# 1

Hi Guys, this is d' journey. I have been documenting my trades for a while now and i feel that it might be a good idea to have some company for discussion. It is after all a long and lonely road. Let's rock & roll, buddies!

Bullseye Jem Feb 2, 2016 11:14am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
USDCAD:
Trend - Up
Analysis - Short-term prices seem to be diving down, but overall longer-term trendlines (D1) all point to an uptrend. Price might have just reached the first retracement trendline.
Plan - Long in H1
Name:  Screenshot2.png
Views: 1057
Size:  26 KB

Bullseye Jem Feb 2, 2016 11:18am | Post# 3

4 Attachment(s)
USDJPY:
Trend - Neutral; bias with down
Analysis - D1 has hit a resistance and MA200, might reverse from here.
Plan - Short h1 once there is some confirmation.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 66 KB

As u would know, i have already shorted this. My entry price was 120.70 and i would either exit partially at a PRR (profit-risk ratio) of 2:1 or at 119.00.
Name:  Screenshot2.png
Views: 973
Size:  17 KB
Latest update - Price is now at 120.19 if you have been following the USD/JPY. I have reached my PRR of 2:1 but i will try to let the price run to 119.00 with a close eye on it. Any possible reversal and i will pull out with a TP (target profit).
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 40 KB
Price has continued to run to 119.75, and is approaching the first target profit zone. This has now reached a profit-risk ratio of 3:1. It has become more about controlling the trade win now. So the first thing i have done is to manually trail the SL. There is nothing much u can do about a loss, but everything to do for a win.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot4.png
Size: 45 KB
Price has hit 119.5 and we are almost near the final TP zone. Any threat of price reversal and i will just take majority of the profits and convert this into a D1 trade by reducing position size and putting the SL above yesterday's D1 candle instead.

Bullseye Jem Feb 3, 2016 11:50am | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
USDJPY: Trend - Neutral; bias with down Analysis - D1 has hit a resistance and MA200, might reverse from here. Plan - Short h1 once there is some confirmation. {image} As u would know, i have already shorted this. My entry price was 120.70 and i would either exit partially at a PRR (profit-risk ratio) of 2:1 or at 119.00. {image} Latest update - Price is now at 120.19 if you have been following the USD/JPY. I have reached my PRR of 2:1 but i will try to let the price run to 119.00 with a close eye on it. Any possible reversal and i will pull out...
Click to Enlarge

Size: 27 KB
As you can see, this USD/JPY trade has run very well according to how i hoped it would have been. Additionally, you would have noticed i have used a TSL to protect my running profits. Price has now run to 117.80 and I have set the next TP at the next D1 support. The profit risk ratio has now hit 10:1. This has helped offset my other 1% trade losses elsewhere and still come out profitable.

Bullseye Jem Feb 4, 2016 12:47am | Post# 5

Hey guys, good day! Started the week on the right footing and i am about to begin my analysis for the Europe/London session. If there is any interesting charts, let me know and we can discuss!

Bullseye Jem Feb 4, 2016 5:12am | Post# 6

2 Attachment(s)
AUDNZD:

Trend - Neutral; bias with UP
Analysis - On a longer-term trend, D1 has been moving up. However, it has stayed in consolidation in the medium-term. Prices have reached D1 m20 and also in H4, it has been travelling up on a rising broadening wedge.
Plan - I am going for a short-term trade via m15, looking to take profits at the next H4 resistance 1.0869. Watch out for H4 m20 at 1.0815 though.
Review - Stop loss got triggered a couple of times. Some retracement starting to happen in H4 back to its trendline. I would say wait for a bounce up in H4 first before executing in m15.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 62 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 59 KB

Bullseye Jem Feb 5, 2016 3:00am | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
Just to share current positions (last digit is a sub-pip).

Let me know if you have a similar or different view on my positions.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 30 KB

Bullseye Jem Feb 5, 2016 3:30am | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
USDJPY Non-farm Payrolls Impact:

My take on USDJPY today is that there will be a bounce regardless of the volatile non-farm payrolls, just whether it is from the beginning or eventually. If you look at the screenshot, as far as 5 months back, the USDJPY has been travelling above this support. How many non-farm payrolls have there been, do the maths? Price is now near the support and i will be entering at this zone.

All the best with your trading!
Click to Enlarge

Size: 132 KB

Bullseye Jem Feb 5, 2016 11:29am | Post# 9

1 Attachment(s)
After the Non-Farm Payrolls, it's like this huge wave has come and it's time to surf, dudes. I have added some positions but not before covering the original trading by moving the SL to breakeven!

Hope it's been a rockin' good day for you folks too!
Click to Enlarge

Size: 41 KB

Bullseye Jem Feb 11, 2016 11:44pm | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
USDJPY Non-farm Payrolls Impact: My take on USDJPY today is that there will be a bounce regardless of the volatile non-farm payrolls, just whether it is from the beginning or eventually. If you look at the screenshot, as far as 5 months back, the USDJPY has been travelling above this support. How many non-farm payrolls have there been, do the maths? Price is now near the support and i will be entering at this zone. All the best with your trading! {image}
Hi folks, i would like to eat my words and say that the USD/JPY has now changed bias. Its support was breached and confirmed. So my view is downtrend now. Refer to the chart. Click to Enlarge

Size: 47 KB

Bullseye Jem Feb 17, 2016 5:08am | Post# 11

1 Attachment(s)
EURJPY: Neutral; bias with UP

Analysis - D1 has come down to rest at a key support at 127.00. Anticipating a bounce from this zone.
Plan - Long in H1 when opportunity shows.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 36 KB

Bullseye Jem Feb 17, 2016 6:10am | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
NZJPY

17th Feb '16:
Analysis - D1 has been bouncing up this key support
Click to Enlarge

Size: 51 KB

Bullseye Jem Feb 18, 2016 9:37am | Post# 13

Anybody got any trade ideas to share?

Bullseye Jem Feb 18, 2016 12:15pm | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, does this chart get anyone as excited as me?

GBPCAD - Uptrend
Analysis - This uptrend has gone as far back as 2 1/2 years since Aug 2013.
Plan - I am so willing to put a long position trade on this one.

Click to Enlarge

Size: 95 KB

Bullseye Jem Mar 8, 2016 2:49am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
NZDUSD:
Trend - Up
Analysis - D1 has broken upwards of a long-term trendline but is lingering at the MA200.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot5.png
Size: 76 KB
Plan - Wait for d1 to confirm and close above MA200 to enter a long.

Bullseye Jem Mar 8, 2016 3:39am | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
EURNZD:

Analysis - Price has been travelling in a huge triangle and has now hit a support within a range.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 80 KB
Plan - Long in H1 with supporting indicators.

Bullseye Jem Mar 8, 2016 3:42am | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
AUDNZD:

Trend - Neutral; bias with Down
Analysis - D1 has hit a resistance of a range and is likely to bounce down.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 76 KB
Plan - Short in H1 with supporting indicators.

Bullseye Jem Mar 8, 2016 3:47am | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
NZDCAD:

Trend - Down
Analysis - D1 has broken downwards of a support and trendline support. It also seems to be travelling in a new down channel.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 55 KB
Plan - Short in h1 with supporting indicators.

Bullseye Jem Mar 8, 2016 3:51am | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
NZDCHF:

Analysis - Price has been travelling within the upper section of the range.
Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 686
Size:  34 KB
Plan - Long in h1 for a bounce up the support with supporting indicators.

Bullseye Jem Mar 8, 2016 3:52am | Post# 20

Okay folks, that's all my analysis for the NZD charts today. What is your opinion, which charts do you agree with me on? Drop me a reply or let me know which pair you would like to me to analyse so i know i am not alone and i will keep this thread going.

© Forex Factory