Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Technical Analysis Fallacy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=57639)

Exnav Feb 22, 2019 5:30am | Post# 58141

{quote} , less than 1% of the people here know what they are doing, and only a few people from that 1% fully share their findings. If you want to be among the 1%,
Hello Split_Unit,

Whatever critics and perhaps a different view might make me thinking. Thanks for that.
Then there could also be a point to discuss if some 5 - 7 (at least that I have deciphered ) consistently successful traders (not sellers) have been present on FF (being Fti's followers) and are holding this thread in high esteem.
You may also specify if your code was to find the Holy Grail in those courses.

Trade safe,
Exnav

alexandria Feb 22, 2019 5:59am | Post# 58142

{quote} You obviously have not read anything here and of course it makes perfect sense to pay $15-25k for what you can get for free, good business model you have there. Good luck, looks you are going to need itů

course FTI has no experience at all .... harrumph... hope you are well my friend

Alex

CookieMonsta Feb 22, 2019 6:20am | Post# 58143

{quote} You will be better equipped to trade in the market once you learn how the markets work. You won't find it here. Coursera might be a good place to start. Too many newbies, come to the site in the hope of the holy grail. You have to realize that FF is a newbie swamp, less than 1% of the people here know what they are doing, and only a few people from that 1% fully share their findings. If you want to be among the 1%, you have to realize that FF is a Forex broker backed website. They make their money when newbies come to their site and trade...
Funny, because I went to Coursera and I found the stuff to be too predictive, yet still cannot perform better than the material here, maybe you are looking for the holy grail perhaps and can't find it hence your so upset?

Or maybe you need to be spoonfed?

Btw, I'm really curious about how do you trade, because you claim brokers are wolves, and unless you have a seat on an exchange, how exactly do you access the exchange? And even then you need to have all that qualification and clearing stuff like that. And infrastructure to access the price. Who exactly pays for those stuff?

Sure there are scammy brokers out there, but there's also legit ones. And everyone is out for their own money. You as well, so technically your also a wolve preying on a newbies money.

alexandria Feb 22, 2019 6:21am | Post# 58144

{quote} Funny, because I went to Coursera and I found the stuff to be too predictive, yet still cannot perform better than the material here, maybe you are looking for the holy grail perhaps and can't find it hence your so upset?

but we are all in FTI cult...

Alex

CookieMonsta Feb 22, 2019 6:24am | Post# 58145

{quote} but we are all in FTI cult... Alex
Funny part is, how blind some people can be. He wants to "find someone whom manages alot of money and is generous enough to share the information" and proceeds to discount everything Infront of him when it's exactly what he is looking for.

antmindset Feb 22, 2019 6:42am | Post# 58146

Alex, CookieMonsta, Exnav , Phil and other...
Someone with wisdom said "Garbage in" -> "Garbage Out"....
Ignorance is Bliss

Dont replay to questions which add no value to the thread and mind set. No point doing it. if we keep doing it, we may corrupt our mindset.
You can not stop anyone to post here and in this case "Garbage in". let us stop it there and ignore. We dont need to provve anyone if it works or not. Other loss or profit has no meaning to us. So let us focus on keeping this thread clean.

One comment can start 2 page of garbage comments.

Clearness of mind and singleness in purpose with deadly commitment is required. When the general become irritable and edgy, it is because he is physically exhausted.
Happy trading.

-Ant

CookieMonsta Feb 22, 2019 6:56am | Post# 58147

Alex, CookieMonsta, Exnav , Phil and other... Someone with wisdom said "Garbage in" -> "Garbage Out".... Ignorance is Bliss Dont replay to questions which add no value to the thread and mind set. No point doing it. if we keep doing it, we may corrupt our mindset. You can not stop anyone to post here and in this case "Garbage in". let us stop it there and ignore. We dont need to provve anyone if it works or not. Other loss or profit has no meaning to us. So let us focus on keeping this thread clean. One comment can start 2 page of garbage comments....
What many who flushed out here in failure probably don't realize is, this thread here is written in a special way. Not just to impart knowledge, because what is a person with a lot of knowledge with no means to apply it, he's called a walking textbook, not a trader. What's done here is to help you come to a natural conclusion by yourself as to how the market work and by allowing you to actually figure parts by yourself you actually make the mental connection required to succeed as a trader, the how and why and how to readjust if the market changes. It teaches more than just market knowledge, but also the essential thinking process and is more akin to a mentorship than a course. Funny how some people can't drop their ego and actually just go read and think properly for once.

phil13 Feb 22, 2019 9:05am | Post# 58148

{quote} course FTI has no experience at all .... harrumph... hope you are well my friend Alex

Hi Alex

I am good thanks, hope everything is well with you my friend

Regards

Phil.

Exnav Feb 22, 2019 9:23am | Post# 58149

Alex, CookieMonsta, Exnav , Phil and other... Someone with wisdom said "Garbage in" -> "Garbage Out".... Ignorance is Bliss Dont replay to questions which add no value to the thread and mind set. No point doing it. if we keep doing it, we may corrupt our mindset. You can not stop anyone to post here and in this case "Garbage in". let us stop it there and ignore. We dont need to provve anyone if it works or not. Other loss or profit has no meaning to us. So let us focus on keeping this thread clean. One comment can start 2 page of garbage comments....
Hello Ant,

Thanks a lot, you are right. But... it's also due to Fti and his wisdom shared and our friends, Fti's followers comradeship within the TAF, FF, I'm able to digest, dissect and make my use of such interventions. My mind is neither corrupted nor affected. Opposite, I appreciate any critics or even provocative or disruptive ones either to look once more to my mirror or just train to be happy. The only discrepancy that I don't: envy and care. If the Guy needs assistance here, he is still welcome to ask. Or, even more welcome - to express his good will and friendly share his trading related ideas. Or, as I mentioned previously his "Holy Grail code" isn't for free? I don't need any...

Actually, I was trading while posted my feedback. That's why we 're here - to trade and evolve. At this precisely moment I'm fed up and tired, not because of writing... Week-end is ahead.

Trade safe,
Exnav

pannet1 Feb 23, 2019 2:44am | Post# 58150

after you people's kind replies for the unwanted post, i have got the courage to ask all my doubts without holding back anything. doubts are basically there because ..

1. english is not my mother tongue
  2. i don't understand certain trading words in the given context

to begin with what does FTI mean by MO (Modus operandi). is it the attack and the defence

phil13 Feb 23, 2019 2:58am | Post# 58151

after you people's kind replies for the unwanted post, i have got the courage to ask all my doubts without holding back anything. doubts are basically there because .. english is not my mother tongue i don't understand certain trading words in the given context to begin with what does FTI mean by MO (Modus operandi). is it the attack and the defence
Hi pannet1

just use the dictionary for things like words my friend..

modus operandi
Dictionary result for modus operandi
/ˌməʊdəs ɒpəˈrandiː,ˌməʊdəs ɒpəˈrandʌɪ/
noun

1. a particular way or method of doing something.
    "every killer has his own special modus operandi"
    synonyms:method of working, method, way, MO, manner, technique, style, procedure, approach, course of action, plan of action, methodology, mode, fashion, process, means, strategy, plan, formula, recipe, practice; rarepraxis

regards

Phil.

pannet1 Feb 23, 2019 3:09am | Post# 58152

{quote} Hi pannet1 just use the dictionary for things like words my friend.. modus operandi Dictionary result for modus operandi /ˌməʊdəs ɒpəˈrandiː,ˌməʊdəs ɒpəˈrandʌɪ/ noun a particular way or method of doing something. "every killer has his own special modus operandi" synonyms:method of working, method, way, MO, manner, technique, style, procedure, approach, course of action, plan of action, methodology, mode, fashion, process, means, strategy,...
thanks phil,

i got the meaning ... but here the context is what i am not clear. so we could apply all the synonyms (highlighted above) and still it feels right. this also confuses me on what the master means exactly by MO. Should this be understood in an abstract manner. If that is the case, I would request everyone to tell what according to them is MO. We may have different answer from different people.

phil13 Feb 23, 2019 3:16am | Post# 58153

{quote} thanks phil, i got the meaning ... but here the context is what i am not clear. so we could apply all the synonyms (highlighted above) and still it feels right. this also confuses me on what the master means exactly by MO. Should this be understood in an abstract manner. If that is the case, I would request everyone to tell what according to them is MO. We may have different answer from different people.
Hi pannet1

short answer...

it is the way you trade or a way another person trades, no two ways will be identical hence our friend FTI talking about 'MO' in many forms. mine like others is a blend of what works for me but can evolve as i find/discover any new things that may help me trade better.

so it is the 'whole' of what you do when you trade.

regards

Phil.

Exnav Feb 23, 2019 3:16am | Post# 58154

after you people's kind replies for the unwanted post, i have got the courage to ask all my doubts without holding back anything. doubts are basically there because .. english is not my mother tongue i don't understand certain trading words in the given context to begin with what does FTI mean by MO (Modus operandi). is it the attack and the defence
Hello Pannet1,

Neither mine is native one. Phil's reply is as diligent as always has been. My personal MO is all in my signature text. As I wrote earlier you will see all MOs in Fti's followers - traders' individual journals I referred in your thread (you may also look at GeFx), how they act (plan and execute).

IMHO, first version of Phil's feedback before redaction is also relevant.

Trade safe,
Exnav

split_unit Feb 23, 2019 7:54am | Post# 58155

{quote} Funny, because I went to Coursera and I found the stuff to be too predictive, yet still cannot perform better than the material here, maybe you are looking for the holy grail perhaps and can't find it hence your so upset? Or maybe you need to be spoonfed? Btw, I'm really curious about how do you trade, because you claim brokers are wolves, and unless you have a seat on an exchange, how exactly do you access the exchange? And even then you need to have all that qualification and clearing stuff like that. And infrastructure to access the price....

Hehehe this post cracked me up. Most of the replies to my post cracked me up. Why would I need to be spoon fed by you guys? I already have a CFA, MSc in Finance and work as a full time PM for a large asset manager. You probably didn't understand the value that Coursera offers due to your ignorance. Did you ever wonder who provides those courses??? Not some blood sucking Forex broker, that's for sure. People who teach at Coursera are the best in their field, some are academic and some are professionals and you won't find them here. If you want to sit here and learn nothing, then be my guest.

CookieMonsta Feb 23, 2019 8:16am | Post# 58156

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hehehe this post cracked me up. Most of the replies to my post cracked me up. Why would I need to be spoon fed by you guys? I already have a CFA, MSc in Finance and work as a full time PM for a large asset manager. You probably didn't understand the value that Coursera offers due to your ignorance. Did you ever wonder who provides those courses??? Not some blood sucking Forex broker, that's for sure. People who teach at Coursera are the best in their field, some are academic and some are professionals and you won't find them here. If you...
lol, nice one, your a joke too, i seen everything there and i do not dare even dare touch it, so much predictive-ness and so much crystal balling.

btw, tell me which fund your working in so i don't ever put my money in.

btw, you don't need to be a professional to trade well and being a professional doesn't make you immune to mistakes.

btw, if i sat here and learnt nothing, then whats this?

i used everything i learnt here and this is the result.

btw these are not "random trades which got lucky", they are trades which are maker trades with limit orders being placed and maker fees plus position profits. so do you think I know nothing? and do you still think that this thread teaches nothing?
Click to Enlarge

Name: bitmex_src.JPG
Size: 205 KB

CookieMonsta Feb 23, 2019 8:58am | Post# 58157

{quote} Hehehe this post cracked me up. Most of the replies to my post cracked me up. Why would I need to be spoon fed by you guys? I already have a CFA, MSc in Finance and work as a full time PM for a large asset manager. You probably didn't understand the value that Coursera offers due to your ignorance. Did you ever wonder who provides those courses??? Not some blood sucking Forex broker, that's for sure. People who teach at Coursera are the best in their field, some are academic and some are professionals and you won't find them here. If you...
btw, since you are so educated and have a CFA and MSc in Finance and works as a full time PM for a large asset manager, tell me, whats wrong with this article?
its really very embedded and takes awhile to figure out the logical fallacy here but since you claim you are so good, then you should be able to tell me whats wrong.

https://forexop.com/martingale-trading-system-overview/

Exnav Feb 23, 2019 9:58am | Post# 58158

Hello Split_unit,

Since it's Saturday and I have some time.
All what I need is to internalize my individual skills and knowledge. At the moment, I'am learning and training to stick to my guns.
As far as I understand, you're promoting/ offering the Coursera, your own high level of proficiency and blaming on brokers and those traders who asked you to share trading ideas (for free).
Yours is a paid one secret (of course), presumably forming a trader and mindset, ability to perform, act right by the book and having 100% guarantee. Whoever is teaching (with all due respect to their degrees and reputation), they cannot produce victors for sure. There have been, are and always will be losers and winners. Because it still is dependent on You. Nothing more.
As regards a theoretical ground, this TAF thread, trading journals of some Fti's followers and books by reputable TA/Fundamental founders are sufficient, at least for me personally.
And concerning the ignorance, I should look in your mirror.
Thanks for your offer.

Edit on Sunday, 24th FEB:

"A person may have all of the finest technical tools available at his disposal and yet be unable to make money at this business because of his personal psychological makeup. If you are to be successful in this business, you must learn who you are—how you make decisions."
And e.g., "Compulsive gamblers want to lose to punish themselves..." "A speculator who dies rich dies before his time."
All the above cited was written by John R. Hill

Exnav Feb 23, 2019 10:41am | Post# 58159

{quote} btw, since you are so educated and have a CFA and MSc in Finance and works as a full time PM for a large asset manager, tell me, whats wrong with this article? its really very embedded and takes awhile to figure out the logical fallacy here but since you claim you are so good, then you should be able to tell me whats wrong. https://forexop.com/martingale-trading-system-overview/
Hello CookieMonsta,

Thank you for bringing this topic. Nothing is absolute but, in fact, we do have an absolute figure in trading, it's Zero (00). Either 00 in our pocket or a value of something close to very down. Then, once so close to the bottom of everything, we may exercise the Martingale. Unfortunately, we won't know, how long, e.g., 00.001 could fluctuate between 00.0011 and 00.0099.
Hopefully, you follow my attempt to joke, or treat it as a regular non-sense.

Have a nice week-end,
Exnav

CookieMonsta Feb 23, 2019 11:30am | Post# 58160

{quote} Hello CookieMonsta, Thank you for bringing this topic. Nothing is absolute but, in fact, we do have an absolute figure in trading, it's Zero (00). Either 00 in our pocket or a value of something close to very down. Then, once so close to the bottom of everything, we may exercise the Martingale. Unfortunately, we won't know, how long, e.g., 00.001 could fluctuate between 00.0011 and 00.0099. Hopefully, you follow my attempt to joke, or treat it as a regular non-sense. Have a nice week-end, Exnav
Well you get the point, the fallacy inside gave rise to the usage of locking, but lets see if split_unit can figure this out on his own, if he is whom he claims he is, this would just be a walk in the park for him.

Btw, im not saying coursera is bad, but i highly doubt id use anything from it. It just is too predictive, i rather listen to people like ray dalio whom managed to remove the predictiveness from their model.

© Forex Factory