Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The Paradox System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=574515)

shinny Nov 6, 2017 2:29am | Post# 11841

Dove Shaun Chad, I would be upgrading my trading desktop the soonest, I just have one question, would I need to stick with windows 8 or should I run into problems with windows 10?
Hello Marcos

So far, I have had no issues with Windows 10, but it depends what happens on the next W10 developer update. I am hoping the issues that are expected to occur with Metatrader will be resolved by the time I apply the update, otherwise I wont apply it.

Hope that helps.

Shaun

TraderMarcos Nov 6, 2017 4:58am | Post# 11842

{quote} Hello Marcos So far, I have had no issues with Windows 10, but it depends what happens on the next W10 developer update. I am hoping the issues that are expected to occur with Metatrader will be resolved by the time I apply the update, otherwise I wont apply it. Hope that helps. Shaun
ty shaun for the heads up

TraderMarcos Nov 6, 2017 5:14am | Post# 11843

{quote} why would I not go long, when you look on the 4 hr, sar attachment at the parabolic, romar ema are down and in sync going south, 4 horsemen are down with no crossings. next sar attachment at the bottom. are you anticipating so early for the psar to flip? the rule is never anticipate. your trading against sar, psar romar ema 4 horsemen. never forget that psar is a deadly stopper
took 40 within 3 hours of posting this @lhd, this post why i went short and had my 40 within 3 hours.

Do not analyze the paradox, just trade in the moment checking all the indicators in the moment on the 2hr 4hr and the daily. i only use the 1 hr chart as reference. and I heavily use the 2hr 4hr and daily. every time I trade in the moment and check the charts I will re adjust my trading plan re write everything im seeing in the moment and when opportunity comes and I have confluence on charts I will pull the trigger.

TraderMarcos Nov 6, 2017 5:27am | Post# 11844

last thursday you had sar and db attached with both standard and green divergence. you review the rules of db sar and you will know why I shorted the market instead of going long plus the parabolic flip on the 4hr chart and daily parabolic you shouldnt be trading against it. db sar is a weapon that can help you with your trading decision, everyone needs to learn and study the db sar if you all want to be successful in the paradox.

SixSigma Nov 6, 2017 7:43am | Post# 11845

1 Attachment(s)
Sunday Trading Plan NEWS: FOMC yellen speech 0800 Daily: ROMAR - Support EMA – resistance Parabolic - resistance Checklist: Last MACD 0 Crossing - down Last EMA Alert Arrow - up Fibonacci – green Notes: SAR/DB attached at bottom at 131.442 with lightskyblue swing line. Sar currently attached to top of candle at 133.105 after sudden rise after Kuroda speech. Market tested daily PSAR and was met with firm resistance. Purple crossed white and smooth for up, however parabolic have not flipped and still resistance. H4: ROMAR – resistance EMA - resistance...
Self-eval: +40 to TP. For this trade I listened to what the SAR was telling me to do. The DB/SAR had attached to the top of the H2 candle, with the SAR attaching at the top of the H4 and daily candle. Four horsemen in strong downtrend on H4, parabolic for the down on H2. I waited until the new H2 candle appeared to go short. This trade had basically no drawdown- went straight down. Like Dove said before, the H4 SAR is a deadly weapon.

Click to Enlarge

Name: 11-5 trade.JPG
Size: 14 KB

Lhd Nov 6, 2017 7:57am | Post# 11846

Day 6/11/2017 News: No red news Daily: ROMAR: Support EMA: Resistance/ Support Parabolic: Resistance Notes: Db and divergence attached at bottom, SAR attach on top at PSAR, Fibo up, MACD alert down, EMA alert up. White, Smooth crossed Purple. Open above EMA, Smooth H4 ROMAR: Resistance EMA: Resistance Parabolic: Resistance Note: Housemen down, Fibo down, lower BB inside Fibo, DB attach at the bottom with blue divergence, SAR attach above PSAR. H2 ROMAR: Support EMA: Resistance/ Support Parabolic: Resistance Notes: White Smooth cross Purple, ROMAR...
Evaluation: SL hit. I think the reason for the loss is counter trade H2 DB, and SAR attachment on Daily, H4. At the time I enter, H2 housemen, ROMAR, EMA and Fibo ready to turn up, I was confidence with the low and PSAR cover my SL, EMA alert up with MACD turn up. I encountered this problem many time, I very confuse which to follow DB trend or ROMAR trend.

Lhd Nov 6, 2017 8:13am | Post# 11847

1 Attachment(s)
last thursday you had sar and db attached with both standard and green divergence. you review the rules of db sar and you will know why I shorted the market instead of going long plus the parabolic flip on the 4hr chart and daily parabolic you shouldnt be trading against it. db sar is a weapon that can help you with your trading decision, everyone needs to learn and study the db sar if you all want to be successful in the paradox.
Thank you for point it out to me sir, I'll study more about DB/SAR and divergence. I was wrong when I trade again H4 D1 SAR at PSAR. I focus too much on H2 ROMAR/EMA with PSAR flip and not seeing the whole picture DB on top H2, SAR on H4 D1
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 1.15.32 PM.png
Size: 624 KB

shinny Nov 6, 2017 8:19am | Post# 11848

{quote} Evaluation: SL hit. I think the reason for the loss is counter trade H2 DB, and SAR attachment on Daily, H4. At the time I enter, H2 housemen, ROMAR, EMA and Fibo ready to turn up, I was confidence with the low and PSAR cover my SL, EMA alert up with MACD turn up. I encountered this problem many time, I very confuse which to follow DB trend or ROMAR trend.

Hello

You state above you have encountered this problem many times before, so lets solve this problem once and for all.

This starts with one word, and that word is Consolidation. How do we trade Consolidation? We don't trade from the middle!

Take a look at the Daily, what does it say? It says ROMAR is Support, and EMA/PSAR is acting as Resistance - although White/Purple has crossed the market is still effectively trading between Support and Resistance on the Daily.

So, on that basis, where do you need to be entering? On the 2hr/4hr, what is your Support or Resistance?

If you don't look at what your doing wrong you will NEVER move on from where you are now, I can promise you that.

Personally, I will trade the same way as the Daily for as long as I can, simply because its the easiest way to get +40. Selling at the top when the Daily PSAR is Resistance is the easiest way to go. The sell earlier today was a perfect example of a no brainer trade, that took you straight into profit and your done. It had so much confluence it would be a crime not to take it!

You need to work through your losses and examine what you are doing, only you can do that, then after that hopefully you can move onto improving.

Hope that helps.

Shaun

Lhd Nov 6, 2017 8:58am | Post# 11849

{quote}[/b][/u][/i] Hello You state above you have encountered this problem many times before, so lets solve this problem once and for all. This starts with one word, and that word is Consolidation. How do we trade Consolidation? We don't trade from the middle! Take a look at the Daily, what does it say? It says ROMAR is Support, and EMA/PSAR is acting as Resistance - although White/Purple has crossed the market is still effectively trading between Support and Resistance on the Daily. So, on that basis, where do you need to be entering?...
I'm very appreciate your input sir. I won't trade from the middle in consolidation again. As follow DB/SAR in consolidation from top to bottom, I study at post #11385 SCENARIO 2: But here is what everyone is missing and that is the DB. You never, ever trade opposite of the DB with the SAR. If the DB is on the bottom and SAR is on top then you wait on the SAR to reattached on the bottom for entry and true vice-versa. If both the the DB/SAR are attached together on top then you wait for a red bar before entry; and vice-versa with a green bar going long. THIS SCENARIO IS TRUE FOR BOTH CONSOLIDATIONS AND TRENDS. When I croll the chart to the past, it clearly follow the scenario, but when I apply to trade, DB keep going from bar to bar. That's why I wait to enter with the housemen. Now I see it have to do with the H4 and Daily support/ resistance.

The-Force Nov 6, 2017 12:05pm | Post# 11850

Trading plan 2017-11-05 Daily: ROMAR: Support EMA: Resistance / Support Parabolic: Eliminated Notes: Purple x smooth with open above EMA. SAR on top and awaiting DB for the up trend. Fib up. MACD down 4H: ROMAR: Resitance EMA: Resitance / Support Parabolic: Eliminated Notes: DB with SAR on bottom next will be DB on top. SAR on top waiting for DB H2 ROMAR: Resistance / Support EMA: Resistance / Support Parabolic: Eliminated Notes: ROMAR sliding under EMA. DB has set the trend on top. fib down, fib will flip in 2 bars. EMA arrow up, MACD is down H1...
Evaluation: SL hit
Daily SAR on top at PSAR, MACD down
4H SAR on top, ROMAR and the 4 Horseman Resistance
2H Consolidation DB/SAR on top... My trade was from the middle
But the biggest problem was my thinking/anticipating, This will kill me if i dont stop.
Only trade in the moment

dove_alliance Nov 6, 2017 12:14pm | Post# 11851

Alright Traders - been very busy lately but lets go through yesterday's opening.

At opening you had a Tentative RED Alert with BOJ Gov Kuroda Speaking. You had the market showing down on all 4 charts. The H1 with the 4 Horsemen, EMA and ROMAR down. The H2 with the 4 Horsemen, ROMAR crossing EMA for the down. The H4 with the 4 Horsemen, EMA and ROMAR down. The Daily you had EMA ins a slider with the Parabolic as resistance and ROMAR as support.

For those who went short at opening did so with a high power (tentative) economic release. And there are NO excuses for trading before the release; and I will not respond to any excuse. The only trader that had taken the correct trade was SixSigma off the Daily Parabolic. With this Hit off the Daily resistance had taken the market back into the trend with the Daily ROMAR as support.

If you are trading before a Tentative Release then do not start posting excuses - it is all on your mistake.

dove_alliance Nov 6, 2017 12:18pm | Post# 11852

{quote} Evaluation: SL hit Daily SAR on top at PSAR, MACD down 4H SAR on top, ROMAR and the 4 Horseman Resistance 2H Consolidation DB/SAR on top... My trade was from the middle But the biggest problem was my thinking/anticipating, This will kill me if i dont stop. Only trade in the moment
Bottom line - you traded AGAINST THE TREND.

baloot42 Nov 6, 2017 12:41pm | Post# 11853

Is the paradox system useful for daily trading? I only have time to analyze the charts and open trades in the morning and in the evening. Is that possible?

dove_alliance Nov 6, 2017 12:47pm | Post# 11854

Is the paradox system useful for daily trading? I only have time to analyze the charts and open trades in the morning and in the evening. Is that possible?
Trader - it is a minimum of 6 months in learning the Paradox. If you don't have 6 months then the Paradox is not for you.

The-Force Nov 6, 2017 12:51pm | Post# 11855

Alright Traders - been very busy lately but lets go through yesterday's opening. At opening you had a Tentative RED Alert with BOJ Gov Kuroda Speaking. You had the market showing down on all 4 charts. The H1 with the 4 Horsemen, EMA and ROMAR down. The H2 with the 4 Horsemen, ROMAR crossing EMA for the down. The H4 with the 4 Horsemen, EMA and ROMAR down. The Daily you had EMA ins a slider with the Parabolic as resistance and ROMAR as support. For those who went short at opening did so with a high power (tentative) economic release. And there are...
Thanks Dove for your comments!
Can I ask about the BOJ spike. 85% of the time the news will go with the 2h trend..
At Sundays open as you said the market was showing down on all 4 charts.
The spike went up. Was it with the 2H ROMAR trend (EMA not fully crossed). or against the 2H trend
Or because 2H was still in Consolidation at the time of news soo DB trend?
Sorry if this is a silly question im just trying to wrap my head around it.

dove_alliance Nov 6, 2017 1:00pm | Post# 11856

{quote} Thanks Dove for comments! Can I ask about the BOJ spike. 85% of the time the news will go with the 2h trend.. At Sundays open as you said the market was showing down on all 4 charts. The spike went up. Was it with the 2H ROMAR trend (EMA not fully crossed). or against the 2H trend Or because 2H was still in Consolidation at the time of news soo DB trend? Sorry if this is a silly question im just trying to wrap my head around it.
Kuroda speech had a lot to do with negative issues with their banking practices. But as I have said many times: it matters not which way the numbers fall - the trend will always return. Besides - breaking the rules will always place you in the negative.

baloot42 Nov 6, 2017 1:21pm | Post# 11857

{quote} Trader - it is a minimum of 6 months in learning the Paradox. If you don't have 6 months then the Paradox is not for you.
Thx for the answer. I mean when I learned the Paradox System after 6 months, can I trade it only in the morning and evening?
Is it possible to learn the Paradox System with a full time job?

dove_alliance Nov 6, 2017 1:39pm | Post# 11858

{quote} Thx for the answer. I mean when I learned the Paradox System after 6 months, can I trade it only in the morning and evening? Is it possible to learn the Paradox System with a full time job?
Yes - we have traders learning with a full time job and doing very well. And as you are learning you can trade any hour of the day.

I hope that helps.

The-Force Nov 6, 2017 3:36pm | Post# 11859

{quote} Evaluation: SL hit Daily SAR on top at PSAR, MACD down 4H SAR on top, ROMAR and the 4 Horseman Resistance 2H Consolidation DB/SAR on top... My trade was from the middle But the biggest problem was my thinking/anticipating, This will kill me if i dont stop. Only trade in the moment
Id like to add/redo my Evaluation if i could

EVALUATION: SL hit
Traded against the trend
I failed to mention the trend on my trading plan before the BOJ news release.
After news spikes the market will always return to the trend

Andiroo Nov 7, 2017 5:58am | Post# 11860

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Dana/Shaun/Chad, please could I ask for some guidance here (I didn't trade this due to Draghi speech);

H2 0700hrs gmt
- Market has moved up to H2 PSAR and SAR attachment
- We have EMA Arrow for the up, and MACD arrow for the Up

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYproH2 071117 0821hrs what next.png
Size: 69 KB

H4 0700 hrs gmt
- Market hits EMA and traces back down
- No SAR attachment

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYproH4 query.png
Size: 63 KB

Daily 0700hrs gmt
- Market hits Purple and traces back down.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYproDaily query.png
Size: 73 KB

A few minutes after 0800hrs gmt the H2 PSAR flipped for the up.....

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYproH2 071117 0822hrs what next.png
Size: 70 KB

'In the moment' at 0800hrs would it be right to say that with the rules applied it would suggest there is zero confluence on other charts to support the H2 EMA/MACD arrows plus the PSAR flip for the up (and lack of H4 SAR), suggesting a long entry (plus H1/H2 ROMAR were quite close), and on the contrary, the H2 SAR attachment, with added confluence of the other charts in consolidated downtrend, you would enter short as the H2 SAR is showing?

So in other words the trigger resistance for the short in this case would be the H2 SAR and H4 EMA? I tried reading what the Daily was saying to me - ROMAR Support/EMA Resistance, however it bounced off Purple which threw me completely!

Cheers,
Andy

© Forex Factory