Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   A Proven Simple Strategy (2MAs, 1 RSI) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=574065)

happytrade38 Feb 29, 2016 9:27pm | Post# 421

no one interested on this anymore?

01donatas Mar 1, 2016 4:38am | Post# 422

I will go live when the minimum distance feature between 2MA will be added.

sbenichou1 Mar 1, 2016 8:23am | Post# 423

no one interested on this anymore?
it has been mobed in another thread
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...59#post8784459

rammer13 Mar 3, 2016 1:20am | Post# 424

Hi There, Question. Is there a system that uses the previous days high and low as the indicator to place 2 trades ?

Copernicus Mar 3, 2016 1:43am | Post# 425

{quote} combine the results of the charts on the first post and there you go. 7 currency pairs all including 2011-2013. Non compounding the results are great. Compound them they are even better. Add more pairs to the basket and it gets better.
Great thread Sis. Some great logic going on in here. Totally agree with your thoughts on diversification and I like the robust nature of your system. :-)

fxenthusiast Mar 20, 2016 1:57am | Post# 426

{quote} Good idea to wait for the spread to calm down. If you trade when the spreads are bad it will drastically change your results. I would recommend testing the strategy using your SL and TP idea and then reporting back the results. I may check it out and test it my self a little later today if I have time.
May I know where to get template for your strategy...?

Hewee Mar 28, 2016 11:12am | Post# 427

{quote} SL and TP will be at the cross of fast EMA. This is a valid setup as per the default system rules on post # 1.
So in this case, there's no SL nor TP. But is "exit" condition, just close the position whenever price crosses the fast EMA. Isn't it ?

*I'm trying to figure out what SL is used in this system.

abokwaik Mar 28, 2016 11:18am | Post# 428

{quote} So in this case, there's no SL nor TP. But is "exit" condition, just close the position whenever price crosses the fast EMA. Isn't it ? *I'm trying to figure out what SL is used in this system.
Yes. This is one of the options available in the EA.
Other options including Hard Stop are also available.

The EA was provided for testing different options.

Sunny7day May 17, 2016 10:01am | Post# 429

I have no idea of what the settings do!
I am trying to figure out the best settings for M15 to M30.

sbenichou1 May 17, 2016 10:17am | Post# 430

I have no idea of what the settings do! I am trying to figure out the best settings for M15 to M30.
Hello
Don't waste your time.
best settings is on 1h
S

sapere.aude Sep 4, 2016 4:23pm | Post# 431

Hey!

Anybody still trading this system with success? Would be nice to see some forward testing.

pipshaman Nov 1, 2016 12:40am | Post# 432

I found this setting as the best for H1 EU, very low DD and very big profit factor: {image}
Namaste! I am looking for a viable EA that is a trend following EA. I've tested this EA with defe's setings on different pairs and it gave me only good results. I will try to put it on a demo on a vps.

All the best!

alexmccullie Nov 4, 2016 3:41pm | Post# 433

2 Attachment(s)
Hi I used this strategy as a test for my new EA, fxRulesEngine, software (for MT4) as part of final testing for release. The software processes rules and instructions in a text file enabling non-programmers to back test or forward test (and run live) plans like this. My version tested as profitable ($10,000 demo account) on the EURUSD from Jan to Oct 2016 but with only a few signals (results attached). For the record my rules were configured for daily trades:

1. Buy when price above SMA(200); below SMA(5); and below 5 for RSI(2)
  2. Sell when price below SMA(200); above SMA(5); and above 5 for RSI(2)
  3. Close Buy order when price crosses above SMA(5)
  4. Close Sell order when price crosses below SMA(5)
  5. Otherwise rely on stop loss or take profit settings for closing
  6. Calculate stop loss and take profit settings on daily ATR(14)
  7. Calculate lot size on risk management settings (by default 1%)
  8. Trail stops from break-even using ATR(14) calculations

So it looks a profitable, although, conservative trading plan. A trader may be able to safely increase the risk% to 5% with little draw down. Obviously more testing would be needed.

Thanks Alex
Click to Enlarge

Name: mt4 results.PNG
Size: 56 KB
FXR-EURUSD-180008-export.csv

shimmering Nov 26, 2016 10:22am | Post# 434

This is a quick EA to test the system. I've added few options, but the default settings are as per Sis.yphus rules. {file}
HI, are you using this EA. I just came across it. I put it onto the backetester, but nothing moved!

carddard Aug 5, 2017 11:14pm | Post# 435

Hi,

Is anyone still working on this?

I have been testing the exit strategy for this system and have been getting good results.

I was wondering if anyone was keen to throw some ideas around.

BlackNapkins Mar 23, 2018 6:04am | Post# 436

3 Attachment(s)
I have made my own test …
Based of original Sis.yphus rules using only close of candles as levels of opening and closing positions, spread and gaps included to testing, no swap calculated…
15 pairs:
ADUJPY, AUDNZD, AUDUSD, CADJPY, CHFJPY, EURCHF, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY
Daily time frame
Multiply entries - max 3 per pair
Basic capital of 10000 USD
Simulation for 0,1 L position
Simulation for 0,3 L position
Simulation for 0,3 L position and increasing/decreasing position by 0,01 L every 1000 USD of increase or decrease of equity
Time: 01.01.2013 to 31.12.2017 … five years

Click to Enlarge

Name: position size 0,1 L.png
Size: 16 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: position size 0,3 L.png
Size: 15 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: position size 0,3 with compounding.png
Size: 18 KB

dnv999 Feb 12, 2019 7:25pm | Post# 437

1 Attachment(s)
This is a quick EA to test the system. I've added few options, but the default settings are as per Sis.yphus rules. {file}
G'day Khalil Abokwaik
First of all thanking you for such a wonderful work, I have been forward testing TWOMA ONE RSI EA. It is observed that the second simultaneous trade is a loss in most of the time , How can the second order can be restricted? for example a SELL trade, RSI was above 70 line during first SELL trade, then it crosses below 70 line, the first trade closes in profit, after few bars RSI return back and crosses above the 70 line creates another SELL trade and in most cases the trade is big loss. is there any chance, can we restrict second immediate same direction trade if not RSI move to oversold area(crosses below 30 line) and return back?

thanksName:  second order.JPG
Views: 610
Size:  22 KB

© Forex Factory