Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hidden divergence (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=571044)

dany78 Dec 19, 2015 10:08am | Post# 1

2 Attachment(s)
I wait cross trendline and long....really good signal in my book
i like hidden divergence ; In my opinion, it's one of, if not the most powerful signal in trading.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCAD.png
Size: 44 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gold.png
Size: 49 KB

DonPato Dec 19, 2015 10:45am | Post# 2

From the screen shots you posted on this you are actually trading "reverse" divergence...which is, IMHO, the "correct" way to trade any form of divergence. You are correctly finding a trend, in this case bullish, and then finding the "reverse" divergence to watch for continuation...NOT call a top or bottom. Trading this way will be very rewarding for you.

I congratulate you sir.

Anusragger Dec 19, 2015 11:12am | Post# 3

I wait cross trendline and long....really good signal in my book i like hidden divergence ; In my opinion, it's one of, if not the most powerful signal in trading. {image} {image}
Ofcourse price diverges of some meaningless calculation. It's just lagging. If you change your settings the divergence will magically appear somewhere else. It's hocus pocus, you see what you want to see.

pips29 Dec 19, 2015 11:25am | Post# 4

I wait cross trendline and long....really good signal in my book i like hidden divergence ; In my opinion, it's one of, if not the most powerful signal in trading. {image} {image}
It's a good trend following strategy. What time frame are you trading with? For me H4 and the daily work very well and timing the trade is very important as divergence sometimes take a long time to play out .

Anusragger Dec 19, 2015 11:45am | Post# 5

{quote} It's a good trend following strategy. What time frame are you trading with? For me H4 and the daily work very well and timing the trade is very important as divergence sometimes take a long time to play out .
If you wait long enough price will cross any imaginary line.

pips29 Dec 19, 2015 11:50am | Post# 6

what line are you referring to? I don't get what you mean.Please elaborate or show us a chart

dany78 Dec 19, 2015 12:10pm | Post# 7

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} It's a good trend following strategy. What time frame are you trading with? For me H4 and the daily work very well and timing the trade is very important as divergence sometimes take a long time to play out .
I use all times so i prefer 4H and 15' and i work with ichimoku.
for this exemple, i wait the break of the tenkan :
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUD.png
Size: 57 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBP_AUD.png
Size: 53 KB

pips29 Dec 19, 2015 12:14pm | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think you have to wait long to get into this trade and the candle which made the LH was good for more than 300 pips and a stop just above this candle was all it required
Click to Enlarge

Name: guh4show.png
Size: 41 KB

dany78 Dec 19, 2015 12:15pm | Post# 9

I don't think you have to wait long to get into this trade and the candle which made the LH was good for more than 300 pips and a stop just above this candle was all it required {image}
I use only : OSMA 8/12/9

pips29 Dec 19, 2015 12:19pm | Post# 10

{quote} I use all times so i prefer 4H and 15' and i work with ichimoku. for this exemple, i wait the break of the tenkan : {image} {image}
I know nothing about ichimoku but I knew there was more to it to filter and time your entries..I use the cci..It's all good and if it works for you just carry on doing it.I just don't get it when someone comes in and say it doesn't work for no apparent reason..Just don't let this negativity put you down

dany78 Dec 19, 2015 12:20pm | Post# 11

2 Attachment(s)
another example: SP 500
Click to Enlarge

Name: SP500.png
Size: 61 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: SP_500.png
Size: 68 KB

pips29 Dec 19, 2015 12:30pm | Post# 12

another example: SP 500 {image} {image}
OK. I know it works...like any other strategy the important thing between winning and losing is the application (timing) and I have to sleep now...trade well..wishing you all the success with this thread and trades

dany78 Dec 19, 2015 12:33pm | Post# 13

2 Attachment(s)
If yu don't use ichimoku :

Curves and candles
Click to Enlarge

Name: wti.png
Size: 43 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: wti_png.png
Size: 38 KB

dany78 Dec 19, 2015 12:38pm | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)
WTI
Click to Enlarge

Name: wti.png
Size: 36 KB

SeaTheStars Dec 19, 2015 1:16pm | Post# 15

Why are you posting yesterday's charts. Are you ready to trade them now? lol I dare you, double dare you, triple dare you to trade them live. I already know what is going to happen. Been there, done that. Historical charts do not make money, and trading divergence LIVE does not make money either. Please stop the madness before you get crushed. Want to know why it doesn't work? Because you have no idea it is happening until after it happens. Too late then. You are already trading in the wrong direction. It's cool to be passionate about an idea, but...
Well, I know a few guys who make consistent profit with divergence. There is no "always" and "never" in trading.

tibovwh Dec 19, 2015 2:22pm | Post# 16

{quote} That would be the reason for your divergence. You are looking at the squeeze distance of the 8 and 12 over 9 periods. Each time they get near each other, you are going to get a head fake that the trade is over. You cannot possibly know which is real and which is fake until after-the-fact which causes two very distinct problems. 1. You cannot trust your signal because you do not know if it is real or not. 2. Each time you trust it and it head fakes you, you lose money. OH, but beautiful after it occurs. Personally it is difficult enough to...
Hi dkrock,

I'm unsure as to whether you are claiming hidden divergence is not useful or whether hidden divergence on these particular settings are not useful? Could you explain a bit more please

Best,

dany78 Dec 19, 2015 2:34pm | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
You will understand better why the hidden differences are effective
Hidden Divergence Explanation.doc

Warburg Dec 19, 2015 4:23pm | Post# 18

It's obviously your money - you spend it any way you want to. But 'hidden divergence' is actually a fallacy. There are a lot of experienced traders on here that will tell you the same. You're trying to convert a 'variable' into a 'constant' and it can't possibly be done. Will you be right sometimes - definitely. But it will be no better than a coin flip with a 50/50 probability. Don't waste your time and more importantly - your money.

iak Dec 19, 2015 4:54pm | Post# 19

This is interesting. Please keep it going. I use divergence with osma together with renko. This could be a useful extra entry for my arsenal.

CrazyOz Dec 19, 2015 8:15pm | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
Divergence & Reverse (hidden) divergence used correctly can be a potent weapon, especially when both appear together & are not taken for granted.
Honestly guy's. I have never seen such an appalling use of divergence lines as those in all the charts posted so far.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCADM5.png
Size: 35 KB

© Forex Factory