Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   trend catching with NonLagDot indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=571026)

BlackSun Jul 3, 2017 6:20am | Post# 4301

Subscribed.

Bobcat2 Oct 16, 2017 3:57pm | Post# 4302

{quote} Yes I am always here. I am always trading.
Hi Lebaneese.

Hopefully you are still around. I am trading with the NonLagDot on the daily chart and I am curious if you are currently trading version 1 or 2 or some other setup? On the D1 chart I use a larger NLD period with a big stoploss to try and stay in trades unless they run negatively in excess of 200 pips. If you like to connect the dots you can download the NonLagMA.

Green pips my friend!
Bobcat2

T4Trade Oct 16, 2017 6:19pm | Post# 4303

exactly bobcat,im using non lag Ma and non lag dot with the setting of 10 on daily chart,unfortunatelly today the market went opposite to the signal,lets see what happens tomorrow.

Bobcat2 Oct 20, 2017 8:25am | Post# 4304

Welcome T4Trade!

Maybe we can resuscitate this thread? Which currency pair on the daily did you encounter an opposite move? What is your entry rule (color change, pullback, break of candle hi lo or something else)? Stop Loss?

Bob

T4Trade Oct 27, 2017 5:18pm | Post# 4305

Welcome T4Trade! Maybe we can resuscitate this thread? Which currency pair on the daily did you encounter an opposite move? What is your entry rule (color change, pullback, break of candle hi lo or something else)? Stop Loss? Bob
I backtested it for several days and it seems like that it repaints on time frames from 15 min to 4 hour.Daily time frame showing results inconsistently.Let us talk about indicator first,this indicator is very useful.i am not using their strategy yet,i was using this indicator in my own strategy with non lag MA.what are your findings?what setting do u use?

the dots on higher time frames tells the overall scenario than entirely on its own(single daily candle)dots follow the present trend and not standing alone candle ,in this case dot doesn't make any sense,rather we use MA lines right? I was under impression that dot singularized each candle.

Bobcat2 Dec 6, 2017 2:13am | Post# 4306

T4Trade,

The NonLagDot indicator does not repaint provided you go into settings and make sure you change the ColorBarBack from 1 to 0. There is also a NonLagMA that acts as a moving average line rather than a dot if you prefer. You can run them both together if you like.

Take care, my friend!

T4Trade Dec 6, 2017 2:23am | Post# 4307

T4Trade, The NonLagDot indicator does not repaint provided you go into settings and make sure you change the ColorBarBack from 1 to 0. There is also a NonLagMA that acts as a moving average line rather than a dot if you prefer. You can run them both together if you like. Take care, my friend!
thanks for the great tip,you guys are awesome,God bless.i use non lag MA and histo with different settings than default and it works like a charm.Tnanks a lot.Happy Trading!

Bobcat2 Dec 6, 2017 8:00pm | Post# 4308

T4TRade,

Are you willing to share your method? You can PM me if you prefer. You've got me intrigued!

Thanks Bro

BLACKFEET Feb 7, 2018 9:59am | Post# 4309

Hi, every body.
I made serious researches but I was unsuccessful. I'm looking for an Indicator which signals / alerts when happens a CROSS of Nonlagdot (or TCCI) and a MA.

Thanks in advance if someone shows me where I can find this Indi.

Best Regards

BBF

reganjantony Apr 4, 2019 3:23am | Post# 4310

I will make this thread easy and simple. It will give nice trend catch. So just u need to be ready for collecting pips from trend movement. We just need one indicator and it will make our life easy. NonLagDot (20) is only what we need. Let start: what we need we wait until the indicator change color from red to blue or vice versa, after that we wait first retracement to enter the market with pending order of the break of the retracement candle. I will give some examples so u will understand it better. Time frame any but we will start with M30. We...
Hi Lebaneese, How are you? May be a very late query but please help this poor guy with a small change in your nonlagdot indicator. Please edit to show only the first color changing dot and the respective buffer so that it can be used for any EAs. Thanks.

Lizberz Apr 14, 2019 9:40am | Post# 4311

If I understand correctly you improved the code which Pawel made available for everybody? Can you share please the .mq4 source code?

© Forex Factory