Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Dashboard EAX (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=568595)

aeseme Jan 16, 2019 11:02am | Post# 7841

@aeseme I think there is a bug with the ADR settings ... when a change is manually applied to either the + or - the change is applied to both settings instead of just the individual setting. {image}
@ aeseme Any update on https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...8#post11670998 This was a bug once before and was fixed and has since reverted. Thanks
@Aeseme You did fix it once but in the latest is still an issue as shown here: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...8#post11670998
I cannot reproduce it... or I cannot get what you mean. Can you please elaborate on this?

Tjommas Jan 16, 2019 3:45pm | Post# 7842

Hi there,

First I want to say this is a lovely dashboard. Thanks to author and contributors.

But I've noticed a bug with RSI values. I'm trying to put 70/30 values but it keeps the default 55.75 / 25.45 displayed on dashboard.
And sometimes it displays 0.0/0.0 (i have to reset to default, display RSI, confirm, and then I can load my own settings)

Please, check this and tell me if you have same problem.

Thanks

denya Jan 16, 2019 4:56pm | Post# 7843

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} This has introduced some brainstorming for and against, thus I guess it might require some further deepen. What I can say beforehand is that the originally proposed method is at least frightening since i.e., starting with 0.01 [multiplier=2] will reach 1.28 on #8, 5.12 on #10... and so on... then... guess how big an account must be to survive this? Sequence of orders following this scary method with multiplier=2 (previous order's lot multiplier): 0.01, 0.02, 0.04, 0.08, 0.16, 0.32, 0.64, 1.28, 2.56, 5.12, 10.24 .... Perhaps alternatives...
Hello aeseme!

First of all, thank you for the excellent, difficult work! Secondly, thank you for being interested in the idea.
English is not my native language, so I will explain the essence of the case.

About MARTIN's.
For about 10 years, our Russian community of traders has been studying MARTIN technology inside and out. We tried all the options. (lock, trailing, dynamic grid step, indicator inputs, etc.). We stopped at model "last order size * mult", as the best option. Thousands and thousands of back-tests prove it. I would explain it in terms of probability theory .... but only in Russian .
(lot #orders multiplier), (following Fibonacci sequence) really very interesting methods. But they lose on backtests (previous order's lot multiplier).

MARTIN is very dangerous and almost 100% likely to destroy your Deposit. Trading according to Martin's strategies is carried out in a different way, not in the "classical way". According to the classic version you put all the money on 1 account and trade. By trading MARTIN you have a piggy Bank and have working trading accounts. 1/10money - trading accounts, 9/10money piggy Bank. On backtests you select the size of the Deposit and trade. Profit from trading is regularly withdrawn to the piggy Bank. And only after that, MARTIN becomes profitable, It is not SET-AND-FORGET strategy .... And yes ... cent accounts are preferable when working with Martin.

In pic:
GBPNZD 2018/12/11-2019/01/11.
1000p movement. 18 orders opened.
Mult=1.1 so ... no problem for LOT SIZE.
EA closes orders by approximately 50% of the rollback from the main movement. So DD=TP (approximately).
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-01-17_0-04-12.png
Size: 191 KB

PayItForward Jan 16, 2019 5:49pm | Post# 7844

{quote} {quote} {quote} I cannot reproduce it... or I cannot get what you mean. Can you please elaborate on this?
@ aeseme
OK, assume you have %ADR(10) TP set at 100 and the %ADR (10) SL set at -100 OR
you have set your PIP TP & SL ... a trade has been opened and the settings in the Trade Window are as they should be as per the EAX setting.
Now use EAX to change the %ADR to say 50% and you will see in the trade window that both the SL & TP go to zero instead of the correct setting as per EAX.
This was a bug before and you did fix it but somehow it has returned.
While you are there, nothing important but you may want to fix the spelling of "Proofit" to "Profit"
Hope this helps & thankyou

PayItForward Jan 16, 2019 9:07pm | Post# 7845

@ aeseme
Currently I use EAX with various filters and start the Dashboard at specific times.
Prior to the specific time I go through the pairs that I intend trading and look to see if EAX is generating a long/short signal and if a pair is highlighted then manually disable that pair - reason ... is that I have no idea how long that signal has been "on" and the last thing I want is to have a trade opened when the move is about to finish ... I always look for Fresh signals ... hope that makes sense.
So what I am asking is it possible to have a setting in EAX that stops any signals that are current at the time of the Dashboard's start time and then only reactivates them after the signal has been lost for a period of user defined "x" time period e.g. secs, mins etc?
If possible it could be used whenever the Dashboard opens.
Thanks for reading, hope this is worthwhile ... your time and skill is greatly appreciated

belief Jan 17, 2019 12:21am | Post# 7846

So what I am asking is it possible to have a setting in EAX that stops any signals that are current at the time of the Dashboard's start time and then only reactivates them after the signal has been lost for a period of user defined "x" time period e.g. secs, mins etc?
i asked my self this question few days ago too, I second this suggestion, maybe can allow signal once given x seconds after candle at given tf closes.

Gentlepips Jan 19, 2019 12:53am | Post# 7847

{quote} Sorry but I am constantly changing settings and swapping pin indicators in and out. Wouldn't do you much good. Just start with the latest dashboard build and read this site for ideas. It's a pain I know but it's the only way to learn.
Thanks. You are right. I would learn and ge to know the best for my style and strategy.

kyen87 Jan 19, 2019 1:48pm | Post# 7848

3 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 68 KB

Pin : TC_Vdub_Pivot_Channel_FF_for_EAX_PIN_06.ex4

Indicator : Vdub_Pivot_Channel_FF_for_EAX.ex4

ejsellers Jan 19, 2019 3:14pm | Post# 7849

I have tried this several times and I haven't found a way to do it.
I want to add more than 28 pairs to my dash. Has anyone been able to make this happen?

leewiean Jan 20, 2019 5:39am | Post# 7850

Hi , i thought that one can not create a machine which will be better Scalp like a man . You have done so . Respect for all the coders !!!!!! {image}
Hi i wonder if you share this chart file? It looks nice, is that work? Thanks bro .

kyen87 Jan 20, 2019 6:16am | Post# 7851

1 Attachment(s)
I have tried this several times and I haven't found a way to do it. I want to add more than 28 pairs to my dash. Has anyone been able to make this happen?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot4.png
Size: 227 KB

Hi, you can add more 28 pairs or just private pairs. however, the parities you add here should be visible in Market watch and update History data. After you've done all this, you can see new parities like in the picture above. But there are 2 important problems, the first if you are using a pin, this pin should show the new parity, the second and most importantly, when the new parity is added to the dashboard ea does not work functionally, the new parities are not doing any action. I could not succeed. I think we need aaseme's help.

Husky77 Jan 20, 2019 6:34am | Post# 7852

you guys focus on low importance things instead on most important ones, adding more than default 28 pairs in this dash have no use at all,as long you cant be constant and successful in trading any of those 28 first why bother complicate things and add more? it seems to me like trying to fix something that is already working.
logic tells me new pairs to be added then code must be bigger and complicated ,as every pair have his own calculation place in the code.
I know and i work with this dash since the first days Aeseme made it and uploaded here, and seems to me that 90% of guys here dont understand one important thing,this is not a full auto trader,this is just one tool who can help you with assistance in your trading. I use it more to help me with fast information and organize and manage my trades.I want to see all my open trades in one place live,to see live spread,live ADR,BQR,GAP,RSI,R/S or fibo pivot R/S values etc. or any other information can help you to be fast and just then jump on the right chart to study before make a trade decision.
In my talks with Aeseme i always tried to make logic and usable requests for any new function that can be added to help you and assist you in your trading.
Using this dash doesnt mean you dont need to have trading experience,until you dont get rid of this you will not find the right use of this beautiful dashboard.
cheer up

leewiean Jan 20, 2019 6:47am | Post# 7853

{quote} whats the point with more than 200 pips SL if we trade daily? and trail st 200 pips here's an earlier version of swiss,maybe work better {image} {file}
Hi do you mind share me this good looking indicator? Thanks.

Husky77 Jan 20, 2019 6:51am | Post# 7854

{quote} Hi do you mind share me this good looking indicator? Thanks.
if you dont point it on chart i have no idea which one is. and if was just a ''good looking'' at that time then for sure i got rid of it since long time.

tapyoung Jan 20, 2019 11:10am | Post# 7855

1 Attachment(s)
{image} Pin : {file} Indicator : {file}

Hi kyen87, How i can change this setting for PIN signalling?

Click to Enlarge

Name: vdub.jpg
Size: 64 KB

in other strategies this can be used to filter for ranging markets and exit strategy.

ThankYou.

ejsellers Jan 21, 2019 3:02am | Post# 7856

you guys focus on low importance things instead on most important ones, adding more than default 28 pairs in this dash have no use at all,as long you cant be constant and successful in trading any of those 28 first why bother complicate things and add more? it seems to me like trying to fix something that is already working. logic tells me new pairs to be added then code must be bigger and complicated ,as every pair have his own calculation place in the code. I know and i work with this dash since the first days Aeseme made it and uploaded here,...
I agree. I also want to see all my pairs in one place quickly. If someone is successful at adding more than the standard 28 pairs (metals, exotics, indexes) since I haven't been able to, or adding other pairs that i trade they would help me to do it also. That is my reasoning behind the question.

belief Jan 21, 2019 8:30am | Post# 7857

{quote} Hi kyen87, How i can change this setting for PIN signalling? {image} in other strategies this can be used to filter for ranging markets and exit strategy. ThankYou.
do u mind to elaborate how it can be done to filter that?

belief Jan 21, 2019 9:08am | Post# 7858

1 Attachment(s)
{image} Pin : {file} Indicator : {file}
thanks for sharing TC_Vdub_Pivot_Channel_FF_for_EAX_PIN_06.ex4

but it only show last direction, and all pairs signals are on all the time, which means it doesn't give the signal timing as it should?

Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 816
Size:  1 KB

kyen87 Jan 21, 2019 4:46pm | Post# 7859

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi kyen87, How i can change this setting for PIN signalling? {image} in other strategies this can be used to filter for ranging markets and exit strategy. ThankYou.
{quote} do u mind to elaborate how it can be done to filter that?
{quote} thanks for sharing TC_Vdub_Pivot_Channel_FF_for_EAX_PIN_06.ex4 but it only show last direction, and all pairs signals are on all the time, which means it doesn't give the signal timing as it should? {image}
Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 793
Size:  18 KB ... added

... "appear last arrow direction section" added... but it may cause to slowing run of system.
I recommend that you decrease the bar numbers in "options -graphics" and increase the "Timer in millisecond" option in the pin.
if I have free time and can make a pin that runs faster, I add updates.
green pips....

TC_Vdub_Pivot_Channel_FF_for_EAX_PIN_07.ex4

leewiean Jan 21, 2019 9:37pm | Post# 7860

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} {quote} {quote} {image} ... added ... "appear last arrow direction section" added... but it may cause to slowing run of system. I recommend that you decrease the bar numbers in "options -graphics" and increase the "Timer in millisecond" option in the pin. if I have free time and can make a pin that runs faster, I add updates. green pips.... {file}
Hi .I tried to plug on Usdchf H1 but the pin gives many short signal, did i do something wrong? Please help. Thanks bro.
Click to Enlarge

Name: IMG_20190122_093453.jpg
Size: 1.4 MB

© Forex Factory