Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Trading "The Quarters Theory" from Ilian Yotov (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=567962)

SwingMan Nov 29, 2015 3:40am | Post# 1

Trading "The Quarters Theory" from Ilian Yotov

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone know Yotov's book "The Quarters Theory" and whether you have tried to trade for it?
The ideas are interesting, and it's worth something new to try!
Yotov's book:
- I actually read, and it is not an easy read...
- In the last chapter are described until ten practice-oriented trading concepts around the Quarters.
The rules are more or less fixed, there are predetermined Entry, Exit, SL, TP values. One would trade on H1 time frame, and you can take your preferred indicators.

I believe that there are similarities with the basic idea of the 00-level system, and for me was interesting to learn how the Quarters are to be applied on a daily basis.
In the near future I'll post some indicators, but please to apply or to comment them only people who read the book (Amazon or google for free).

Here a link to some indicators in "Horizontal Lines on Round/Major Numbers?": http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=175620
Name:  51zeQpoXixL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_ - Kopie.jpg
Views: 25044
Size:  27 KB

pzr Dec 3, 2015 6:30pm | Post# 2

Hi,

itīs a great info the quarters theory, i've already use the Sessions, H&L and Round numbers and i watch order blocks. Its usefull to structure a bit more with a grill (quartes and zones).

Looking forward to aplly it.

SwingMan Dec 7, 2015 1:29pm | Post# 3

4 Attachment(s)
Hi, its a great info the quarters theory, i've already use the Sessions, H&L and Round numbers and i watch order blocks. Its usefull to structure a bit more with a grill (quartes and zones). Looking forward to aplly it.
Nice!

Here are a first attempt with indicators.
I'm going to program another one or two indicators.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDDaily.png
Size: 32 KB
AMA.mq4
smQuarters Lines_v1.mq4
TheQuartersTheory-D1.tpl

pzr Dec 8, 2015 12:24pm | Post# 4

Thank's its very usefull.

SwingMan Dec 8, 2015 7:03pm | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
Support and Resistance levels, but with Close prices...
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD-SupportResistance.png
Size: 55 KB

pzr Dec 9, 2015 8:10am | Post# 6

I'll start using it on Hiigher time frames. Lets see how it goes.

Mcken Jan 19, 2016 2:49pm | Post# 7

How is the Quarters Theory working for you, Swingman?

Fxafrica Jan 24, 2016 3:43pm | Post# 8

{quote} Nice! Here are a first attempt with indicators. I'm going to program another one or two indicators. {image} {file} {file} {file}
Hi Swingman,

Is there a pdf we can read to understand the indicators and rules for entry/exit?

I read about quarter theory and i like what i see.

Appreciate your help.

IRTrader Jan 24, 2016 5:09pm | Post# 9

The rules are more or less fixed, there are predetermined Entry, Exit, SL, TP values. One would trade on H1 time frame, and you can take your preferred indicators. {image}
You mentioned that the entry is predetermined .
1- Is it dependent on Time frame ?
2- when the signal is generated , does it redraw?(I mean indicator)

yonnie Jan 24, 2016 6:07pm | Post# 10

looks to me like the grid drawn by "bird watching in lion`s country" writer.
his quarters are not exactly the same size: lines can be drawn to point out support and resistance within the grid.

I use the grid with the same quarter size in my trading the Nasdaq100, because it makes the overall picture a lot clearer.
the top line of the grid is the high of the swing; bottom line the low of the swing on the daily TF.
when price comes down to the bottom quarter of the grid, I`m watching it like a hawk.
I tighten the trailing stop on my short and prepare to go long again.
the top quarter is the area to exit my long and to go short again.

if price is in the 2nd or 3rd quarter I do nothing, apart from putting my trade @ BE.

always keep an eye out for violations of the top and bottom line and know what to do.

for me no further indicators needed.

if you want to read more about bird watching in lion`s country there is an e-book here on FF.

Fxafrica Jan 25, 2016 12:14am | Post# 11

I'll start using it on Hiigher time frames. Lets see how it goes.

Hi there,

What are the rules of entry, exit, SL, TP etc....?

Thanks for sharing...

SwingMan Jan 25, 2016 2:01pm | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

thanks for some PM's which I got for some.
Here I post the indicator of the Closes-fractals and not as the original (Highs / Lows)

How to trade can be found in the book. Of course, everyone can apply their own strategies, and I would stay with the daily timeframe. For intraday trading should also take additional oscillators (Stochastic, RSI, etc.)

I trade actively rarely because I have health problems...
However, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND to trade by Alexander Elder's Triple Screen, and AMA is a very good indicator:
- Identify the Main Trend on D1
- Wait On H4 on neutral or retracement zones
- Take entrys on H1 in the Main Direction

Initial SL=1xATR on H1, possible TP=2xATR on H4
smQuarters Fractals.mq4

vasily Jan 25, 2016 2:04pm | Post# 13

Hi guys, thanks for some PM's which I got for some. Here I post the indicator of the Closes-fractals and not as the original (Highs / Lows) How to trade can be found in the book. Of course, everyone can apply their own strategies, and I would stay with the daily timeframe. For intraday trading should also take additional oscillators (Stochastic, RSI, etc.) I trade actively rarely because I have health problems... However, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND to trade by Alexander Elder's Triple Screen, and AMA is a very good indicator: - Identify the Main Trend on...
get well soon...!

Fxafrica Jan 25, 2016 2:34pm | Post# 14

Hi guys, thanks for some PM's which I got for some. Here I post the indicator of the Closes-fractals and not as the original (Highs / Lows) How to trade can be found in the book. Of course, everyone can apply their own strategies, and I would stay with the daily timeframe. For intraday trading should also take additional oscillators (Stochastic, RSI, etc.) I trade actively rarely because I have health problems... However, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND to trade by Alexander Elder's Triple Screen, and AMA is a very good indicator: - Identify the Main Trend on...
Get Well Swingman!!!

Would you be kind to share the book or a pointer to find it?

SwingMan Jan 26, 2016 4:54am | Post# 15

{quote}Would you be kind to share the book or a pointer to find it?
Here find you the book and many others...

http://www.cabafx.com/trading-ebooks-collection/newpdf/

Fxafrica Jan 26, 2016 5:28am | Post# 16

{quote} Here find you the book and many others... http://www.cabafx.com/trading-ebooks-collection/newpdf/
Many thanks SwingMan. Trust you will get better.

If you would be kind to let me know how to trade AMA and quarter theory. I found your indis and template very interested.

What are the entries/exits etc...?

vasily Jan 31, 2016 2:06pm | Post# 17

{quote} get well soon...!
for the person who steps back saying thank you, ı took my wishes back

livindaylite May 29, 2016 8:16am | Post# 18

Anyone come across these guys?
http://quartersindicator.com/

They claim they have a patent-pending quarters indicator.
Seems like it's tied into their software requiring their feed. I guess it does other things too like trade management, but the quarters numbers on the chart must be straight forward to map out.

@Swing Man, What is the purpose of the blue and purple rectangle?
I had a look in settings but didn't seem to be able to turn it off. They don't seem to box any numerical level that is drawn or indicated so, I don't find it useful.

Maybe, you can explain.

Regards,
livindaylite

chimoong Jun 3, 2016 12:11pm | Post# 19

Dear SwingMan, only now I know you have health problem, please take care bro. Sorry to trouble you, apology.

Forex37 Jun 3, 2016 3:49pm | Post# 20

Dear SwingMan, only now I know you have health problem, please take care bro. Sorry to trouble you, apology.
I think he is better now.

© Forex Factory