Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Red News Hedge Trading + EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=565676)

MathTrader7 Nov 27, 2017 10:43am | Post# 341

{quote} Sorry I had to quote again. From your description of the both options , seems like from your sentence that for both options you have to " Hence, I will SELL AUDUSD and BUY AUDCAD. "
I didn't understand your message/question here...

MathTrader7 Nov 27, 2017 1:50pm | Post# 342

{quote} Thank you. Now very clear about without doing any test for the moment. Fundamentals playing important role for the specific pair, in the example here the AUD....Otherwise I wouldn't say and guess it could be important without the red news as others are doing. Without the AUD red news, trade directly USD/CAD. Why others trying it without the role player. So better I will take this on my chart and be able to better analyze. I think somehow behind the 2 years of this EA experience , things were going good. I missed the thread so I can start...
You're welcome!
Sure you can trade USDCAD without looking at any news! :-)

freedom48 Nov 28, 2017 1:13am | Post# 343

{quote} I didn't understand your message/question here...
Hi back, sorry I was not so clear about my question, I mean:

- If the red news of AUD is good for this currency, then the prediction is that AUDUSD would probably goes up less than AUDCAD because USD is stronger (about twice in our example) than CAD.

- If the red news of AUD is bad for this currency, then the prediction is that AUDUSD would probably goes down more than AUDCAD because USD is stronger (about twice in our example) than CAD.
Hence, I will SELL AUDUSD and BUY AUDCAD.

So you mean that in both option of red news ( good or bad) you will make the same action SELL AUDUSD and BUY AUDCAD. ?
Or did you mean if the red news for AUD is good we do not trade?
When we will do BUY AUDUSD and SELL AUDCAD if USD is 7.0 and CAD is 3.6 in currency strengh meter is remain as my question.

I hope now I was more clear. Thank you Math

MathTrader7 Nov 28, 2017 3:51am | Post# 344

{quote} Hi back, sorry I was not so clear about my question, I mean: - If the red news of AUD is good for this currency, then the prediction is that AUDUSD would probably goes up less than AUDCAD because USD is stronger (about twice in our example) than CAD. - If the red news of AUD is bad for this currency, then the prediction is that AUDUSD would probably goes down more than AUDCAD because USD is stronger (about twice in our example) than CAD. Hence, I will SELL AUDUSD and BUY AUDCAD. So you mean that in both option of red news ( good or bad)...
Hi freedom48,

Please note that we do an analysis before the red news release time. Let's say that half an hour before a red news for AUD, we analyze the possible outcomes given currency strength values of USD (7.0) and CAD (3.6). So, I will SELL AUDUSD and BUY AUDCAD one minute before the red news release. If the red news outcome is good for AUD, I expect to see more bullish movement in AUDCAD which would cover my loss on selling AUDUSD (and possibly makes a profit in total). And if the red news outcome is bad for AUD, I expect to see a more bearish movement in AUDUSD which would cover my loss on buying AUDCAD (and possibly makes a profit in total).

Hope this explanation helps you to get the whole idea :-)

P.S. Our analysis is valid as long as the currency strength values are (at least to some degree) correct.

Best,
Math

freedom48 Nov 28, 2017 6:23pm | Post# 345

{quote} Hi freedom48, Please note that we do an analysis before the red news release time. Let's say that half an hour before a red news for AUD, we analyze the possible outcomes given currency strength values of USD (7.0) and CAD (3.6). So, I will SELL AUDUSD and BUY AUDCAD one minute before the red news release. If the red news outcome is good for AUD, I expect to see more bullish movement in AUDCAD which would cover my loss on selling AUDUSD (and possibly makes a profit in total). And if the red news outcome is bad for AUD, I expect to see a...
Thank you much. Now I get it totally clear. In overall from above example it is also very important to seek a pair combination with AUD before the news outcome. A 7.0 can lead to 8 and a 3.6 can wipe out totally till 0.5 or the opposite can happen. So I probably will need to test very often many options .
Again thanks for clear my mind.
Wish best trades.

T4Trade Nov 30, 2017 7:45am | Post# 346

I downloaded this EA,but it doesn't give correct corealtion pairing,for example when USDJPY is low,GU is high but the options are only both sell or both buy.it should be one buy and one sell option.Pleae fix this,i like this EA very much otherwise.

please guide me to latest version.i have the first one only.

MathTrader7 Nov 30, 2017 9:22am | Post# 347

I downloaded this EA,but it doesn't give correct corealtion pairing,for example when USDJPY is low,GU is high but the options are only both sell or both buy.it should be one buy and one sell option.Pleae fix this,i like this EA very much otherwise. please guide me to latest version.i have the first one only.
I always put the latest version of the EA in Post 1.
This EA uses D1 candles of two pairs to calculate the correlation over last 200 candles.

T4Trade Nov 30, 2017 9:50am | Post# 348

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I always put the latest version of the EA in Post 1. This EA uses D1 candles of two pairs to calculate the correlation over last 200 candles.
I am using that EA what is there in post 1 and by the way there is only one version there right? I have seen other traders also having the same problem that this EA is not showing correct correlation.plese refer to this screen shot.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 54 KB

MathTrader7 Nov 30, 2017 2:03pm | Post# 349

{quote} I am using that EA what is there in post 1 and by the way there is only one version there right? I have seen other traders also having the same problem that this EA is not showing correct correlation.plese refer to this screen shot. {image}
A correlation of -0.78 between EURUSD and USDJPY is correct. And for a negative correlation higher than 0.5 we either use the button BUY/BUY or SELL/SELL. Please read Post 1.

T4Trade Nov 30, 2017 3:22pm | Post# 350

{quote} A correlation of -0.78 between EURUSD and USDJPY is correct. And for a negative correlation higher than 0.5 we either use the button BUY/BUY or SELL/SELL. Please read Post 1.
Thankyou for assisting,but still I don't understand the logic to enter,should we be trading on D1 time frame? red news I trade on 15 min chart normally.

please guide me to the psot where I can read more about sound entry other times than news events.

T4Trade Dec 13, 2017 5:23pm | Post# 351

does this EA still gives good correlation results?

El1000 Apr 19, 2018 9:49am | Post# 352

Hi MathTrader7,
Does this EA work today? I got a Message up in the left corner "auto trade time has passed!" and it's not working?

MathTrader7 Apr 27, 2018 4:03pm | Post# 353

Version 1.72 of the EA released (I updated Post 1).

El1000 Apr 27, 2018 4:29pm | Post# 354

Version 1.72 of the EA released (I updated Post 1).
Tusen takk

MathTrader7 Apr 27, 2018 5:16pm | Post# 355

{quote} Tusen takk
Varsågod!

ekoveadvisor Apr 30, 2018 7:42am | Post# 356

{quote} I am using that EA what is there in post 1 and by the way there is only one version there right? I have seen other traders also having the same problem that this EA is not showing correct correlation.plese refer to this screen shot. {image}
HI T4Trade. Would you mind to share your template? because my MathTrader7_NewsHedgeEA.ex4 doesnt look like this. And im pretty sure there is some special set up you have there. Thank you.

T4Trade May 1, 2018 5:46am | Post# 357

sorry I don't have it,im no more using this EA,but I would like to practice hedging,good luck!

ktooph May 8, 2018 10:26am | Post# 358

1 Attachment(s)
hey mathtrader7.

sorry to bump on yout threath but im still a junior member and i cannot create one by my own.

i would like to know if u can create an ea based on the no loss reentry of the bbma with the heiken ashin candles.

can you create a theath just for this sistem pls?

the rules are simple

the price must be on extreme (out of the bb) and in touch or really near the de 50 ema.

in preference for stronger sinals it must be all in touch.

entrys
- price on extreme
- ma 50 must come from outside the bb and serve as support or resistance when price is on extreme.
- after that heiken ashin candles needs to change color (confirmation)
- open sell or buy order in place of half the candle that changed color

indicators
- heikin ashin candles
- ema 50 green ema 55 red for filter and suport/resistance
- bb standard

Name:  Screenshot3.png
Views: 407
Size:  37 KB

fairtraderuk Jul 29, 2018 6:43pm | Post# 359

Hi MathTrader thank you also from a relative newbie. I have been researching fundamentals for a few months and testing out few strategies including news straddling on demo and live accounts using a custom EA with mixed results. Just came across your EA MathTrader7_NewsHedgeEA.ex4 Uploaded Apr 27, 2018 3:01pm and tried to add this to a Demo account following what I thought were the right steps. Unfortunately I cannot seem to attach the EA to any chart as it drops out following settings update. I am also assuming if the step was successful I would see the EA name on top right hand side of the chart? Is there something I'm missing? I really appreciate your help. Best regards Ben

MathTrader7 Jul 30, 2018 9:05am | Post# 360

Version 1.73 of the EA released (I updated Post 1). This version is compiled with MT4 build 1126.

© Forex Factory