In this thread we discuss Renko trading strategies and share our trading systems, indicators and EAs. There are a few Renko trading EAs in Post 1. Some of them are based on the idea of FF members, some based on mine. I used to make money using Renko MA EA with re-optimizing the EA at the end of every week (to get the best input settings for trading the next week), but I no longer use any of the Renko EAs in Post 1. Currently I am forward testing a few new Renko EAs based on other strategies. If I have something promising (to be profitable) and want to share it, I will post it here.
How to create a Renko chart and attach a Renko Trading EA to the chart:
1. Download the Renko chart builder EA (that all my Renko trading EAs need it) from Post 1 of this thread.
2. Open a M1 chart of your selected symbol (for this example, EURUSD).
3. Attach "MathTrader7_RenkoChartCreatorEA.ex4" EA to the M1 chart with the default settings (or adjust them according to your preference) and wait until you see the message "Open offline chart..." on the chart. With the default settings the Renko brick size is 100 points and the Renko chart will be created as a M2 offline chart of the selected symbol. In our example with EURUSD, the message will be "Open offline chart EURUSD,M2 (100 points)".
NOTE: From version 1.50 of the Renko chart builder EA, it automatically opens the Renko chart for you. If you use the previous versions, you have to click on the "Open Offline" option of "File" menu and then locate for EURUSD,M2.
4. Now, attach a Renko trading EA, for example "MathTrader7_RenkoMA_EA.ex4" to the offline chart, EURUSD,M2.
5. Make sure that "Auto Trading" button on MT4 platform is active.
How to backtest?
In the following link there is a method of backtesing Renko EAs:
NOTE: I do not use above method to backtest my Renko EAs. I have my own way of doing so.
1. In this thread we only discuss Renko TRADING strategies, indicators, and EAs. We do NOT discuss Renko chart builders. I will IGNORE anyone write any irrelevant post here.
2. You post any commercial link (directly or indirectly) and that would be your last posts.
--- Renko Meta RSI EA ---
Version 1.01 of Renko Meta RSI EA released. See a backtest here (10 pips Renko). MT7_RenkoMetaRsiEA.ex4
Note: THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL EXPERT ADVISOR!
--- Renko Vdub EA ---
Version 1.18 of Renko Vdub EA released. MathTrader7_RenkoVdubEA.ex4
Note: This EA needs TOMTOM and Vdub indicators!
Download the indicators from above links and save them into your MT4's Indicators folder. You need to edit the input settings "Indicators Directory" of VdubEA to <empty> (just delete the default text "EA Indicators//RenkoVdubEA//").
--- Renko Divergence/Convergence EA ---
Version 1.28 of Renko Divergence/Convergence EA released. See a backtest here (10 pips Renko). MathTrader7_RenkoDivergEA.ex4
--- Renko Parabolic SAR EA ---
Version 1.36 of Renko Parabolic SAR EA released. See a backtest here (10 pips Renko). MathTrader7_ParabolicSarEA.ex4
--- Renko ADX EA ---
Version 1.44 of Renko ADX EA released. See a backtest here (10 pips Renko). MathTrader7_RenkoADX_EA.ex4
--- Renko Simple MA EA ---
Version 1.16 of the EA released. See a backtest here (10 pips Renko). MathTrader7_RenkoMA_EA.ex4
--- Renko MA Cross EA ---
Version 1.16 of the EA released. See a backtest here (10 pips Renko). MathTrader7_RenkoCrossEA.ex4
--- Renko EA ---
Here I will upload the latest version of (and any further updates to) the EA I developed for the strategy described in the thread "Lets Automate a Simple Renko Strategy!".
good to see you open a thread discussing Renko trading. are you going to talk about Renko scalper strategy here?
Version 1.41 of Non-gap Renko Chart Creator EA released. This version is compiled and tested on MetaTrader 4 Build 890
I'm really liking Renko and have done for a while. I am currently playing with an EA that has some success but what I would like to add to it is the ability to only take a trade if the previous bar formed in Less than X minutes. The idea being that when the market is moving really slowly, trades won't be taken, as it is more likely to move horizontally rather than vertically. Unfortunately my programming skills are very limited so any tips on how to do that Mathtrader would be very much appreciated.
Thats always the way, but I am using usually 4 pip (40 point) bars. Up until this week the markets have been swinging up and down quite nicely but this week they have been much more rangey. When this happens the bars take longer to form, typically half an hour plus. So what I want to do is, if the previous bar has formed in less than say ten minutes trade. If not, don't.
The time thing is not they system, just a qualification of the system
Note: The EA has not been tested yet. Use it on a demo account first.
The Red Band on Maxwell chart maybe using this indicator
Hello everyone, do you have try this indicator on renko? Is this repaint?.
I just download this indicator on the web. I try attach this indicator on 20 Renko Brick Size (MT7 Non Gap Version) to Minimize Choppy Market .
and The Game Is Follow The Arrow, If this Arrow is true ...(Aahhh Maybe its Just My Dream to trade With No Worry).
But,. MathT7, is this possible to make Renko EA based on this indicator?.
On this chart the number is basic calculation without Spread,SlipPage,Swap..etc
**Sorry For My Poor English.
Owh.. Sorry yes the Arrow is repaint.. just forget it.
maybe too good to be true.
Does anyone know how to download RENKO on Mac?
I wonder if you have tried Renko + Ichimoku?
No I haven't.. Have you? Hows it going
please i have this EA specifications in mind
1) Entry point : when 2 bricks of the same colours are formed
2) Exit point: when 1 brick of the opposite colour is formed
3) Lots size should be user define
4) Stop Loss: the wick of the first brick before entry point and option to insert manually specific level of stop loss
5) Up to two trades in an entry point, the first trade closes at a specific target of pips (user defined)
while the last trade and remaining trade moves stops to breakeven or exit at the close of 1 brick opposite colour( which ever come first)
6) EA should have an option for broker time
7) sound alerts when trades are taken, breakeven or closed
8) EA should have an option for MA filter like the last EA version(3.36)
Thank you very much as you will code this
it's almost hypnotic to look at..... If only trading were that easy
Would you please share your settings the indies. ( where did you downloaded the Super Trend from? )
Please i tried talking about the an adjustment concerning the EA, and no reply from you
so any hope should we still expect it Mr MarthTrader7 ?
Do you have a renko chart that allows the block size to change depending on current market conditions. Big blocks for trending markets. Small for ranging?
does Renko HA indicator repaint?
I quite like the looks of this Renko. The one I use changes block size with ATR but only once. This changes constantly. I wonder if ATR is the best though or should the block size change with the hourly range?
MathTrader you doing amazing work. I have nice strategy for renko. This threat is for update any suggestion and you could make EA for it? I would like to know, if you would like to create EA for this
And whats you think about your latest EA from http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=531783 ?
Its profitable? Give money?
i wanna ask about the buy and sell rolls
just going with the arrows ?
Hi Math Trader would you like to make a indicator that gives alert when opposite renko brick has formed.
2) I stopped forward testing that EA. However, I think it is profitable in long run but one has to accept draw downs for a while...
Note: This indicator works on non-gap Renko charts only.
image hosting over 10mb
Rules: renko 10 pips
1.Candle need to be green and above close MA
2. The best signal is if renko bounce of channel and reversal
3. We need to confirm green renko street trend and MACD
Everything same but need to be red
TP. Its close to channel line something about 10 pips before or when candle reversal and change colour
SL 20-30 pips
Trailing Stop 20-30 pips
Whats you think its possible to make EA? Would be great
Renko for EA.rar
just wanna share this here , i found this method on mql5.com while i was looking for a way to backtest renko chart. i did not verify if this is accurate or not ;
In external params add the following line:
extern int TimeFrame = 2; // if you use M2 offline chart
For indicators use the following (for example RSI):
myRSI = iRSI(Symbol(), TimeFrame, RSIPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);
In strategy tester select M1 timeframe. All your indies get values from M2 offline chart, however you backtest on M1. "
please try it and share your experience here
© Forex Factory