Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Renko Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=561530)

ollaya Oct 24, 2015 10:34pm | Post# 41

just wanna share this here , i found this method on mql5.com while i was looking for a way to backtest renko chart. i did not verify if this is accurate or not ;

"
In external params add the following line:
extern int TimeFrame = 2; // if you use M2 offline chart

For indicators use the following (for example RSI):
myRSI = iRSI(Symbol(), TimeFrame, RSIPeriod, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);

In strategy tester select M1 timeframe. All your indies get values from M2 offline chart, however you backtest on M1. "

please try it and share your experience here

sabar786 Oct 24, 2015 11:07pm | Post# 42

Hi,
Would you be able to make an EA based on the complete strategy given below:

Inserted Video

catalin_eros Oct 25, 2015 4:51am | Post# 43

Hey there, guys!

I wish to say I liked renko in the past, about 3 years ago, but I have not managed to make profits with it. I hope this thread can change that.

Thank you, MathTrader7, for starting it!

Regarding the above youtube clip, I must say I tried to put the strategy into practice some while ago. But without the martingale part. The results were not as the guy claims: for every 4 trades, 3 won traders and one lost, which is a 75% winning ratio. I tried it with range bars, not with renko, because he uses range bars in his video. If anyone else tried it and had more success, please let me know!

Gladly subscribed to this thread!

saiffx Oct 25, 2015 12:51pm | Post# 44

{quote} Here is Version 1.00 of such indicator which brings up an Alert window when an opposite Renko bar forms. It additionally shows cumulative of Renko bars with the same direction.{image}{file} Note: This indicator works on non-gap Renko charts only.
Thanks a lot.... It will help many trader who is not aware of opposite bar formed.

sailoratsea Oct 26, 2015 10:34am | Post# 45

Your non gap Renko charts are a great tool - but unfortunately your charts do not allow any other EA to run - not only this your own EA's for example the ma cross ea does not run on your own renko charts - - i have spent hours on end trying to run any type of EA on your renko created charts but to no avail

MathTrader7 Oct 26, 2015 10:52am | Post# 46

1 Attachment(s)
Your non gap Renko charts are a great tool - but unfortunately your charts do not allow any other EA to run - not only this your own EA's for example the ma cross ea does not run on your own renko charts - - i have spent hours on end trying to run any type of EA on your renko created charts but to no avail
You have to uncheck "Offline chart" on your Renko chart properties. Otherwise, MT4 won't send any tick to any EA attached to offline charts.
Name:  Offline_Chart.png
Views: 5599
Size:  136 KB

Schrempfy Oct 26, 2015 4:40pm | Post# 47

Hi MathTrader7,

I set up everything and wonder if the "RenkoMaxEA" will actually place an automated trade or not? Right now the pipsize is 100 i believe and well it doesnt make sense to watch the chart at all.

For testing I would want to resize the pipsize of the renko bars and look at the whole chart for one day. Where do I do that? And what exactly changes would you suggest?

Thanx in advance!

dzsiaar Oct 26, 2015 5:16pm | Post# 48

Hi,

in this post (http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...88#post8545688) I advised a better solution. You can code in your EA the "fake tick", and your EA will work on offline chart.

MathTrader7 Oct 26, 2015 5:27pm | Post# 49

Hi MathTrader7, I set up everything and wonder if the "RenkoMaxEA" will actually place an automated trade or not? Right now the pipsize is 100 i believe and well it doesnt make sense to watch the chart at all. For testing I would want to resize the pipsize of the renko bars and look at the whole chart for one day. Where do I do that? And what exactly changes would you suggest? Thanx in advance!
You need to change Renko Brick Size (points) in the input settings of MathTrader7_RenkoChartCreatorEA in order to generate non-gap Renko charts.
To test "RenkoMaxEA" faster, I suggest that you create Renko charts of 20 points (2.0 pips) and attach the EA to the chart. Don't forget to uncheck "Offline chart".

saiffx Oct 26, 2015 6:34pm | Post# 50

1 Attachment(s)
I have running your MathTrader7_Renko EA 3.36 the whole day in different pair of your non gap chart but It did not open any trade
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.JPG
Size: 93 KB

MathTrader7 Oct 26, 2015 7:46pm | Post# 51

I have running your MathTrader7_Renko EA 3.36 the whole day in different pair of your non gap chart but It did not open any trade {image}
Have you unchecked "Offline chart" I described in Post 1?

skyler Oct 27, 2015 3:38pm | Post# 52

Hey MathTrader any news about my strategy? Its possible to make EA? Thanks

MathTrader7 Oct 27, 2015 4:10pm | Post# 53

Hey MathTrader any news about my strategy? Its possible to make EA? Thanks
I looked at the screenshots. I'm wondering if any of the indicators repaints?

skyler Oct 27, 2015 5:06pm | Post# 54

only channel and renko trend indicator repaint

MathTrader7 Oct 27, 2015 6:47pm | Post# 55

only channel and renko trend indicator repaint
I usually do not try to automate strategies based on repainting indicators...

osfx Oct 28, 2015 9:58am | Post# 56

Hi MathTrader,

thanks for opening this thread, as I like the simple nature of renko charts.
I was dealing with automated strategies on renko's for a while, but never brought one of them to consistency...

I look into my files and check, which of those strategies are worth further discussed here.

Cheers, Oliver

MathTrader7 Oct 28, 2015 10:51am | Post# 57

Hi MathTrader, thanks for opening this thread, as I like the simple nature of renko charts. I was dealing with automated strategies on renko's for a while, but never brought one of them to consistency... I look into my files and check, which of those strategies are worth further discussed here. Cheers, Oliver
Hi Oliver, glad to see you here :-)

Please feel free to share with us your thoughts, ideas and strategies about trading Renko charts in this thread.

Best,
Math

skyler Oct 28, 2015 11:20am | Post# 58

you can make an exception , repaint it does not matter here

MathTrader7 Oct 28, 2015 11:54am | Post# 59

you can make an exception , repaint it does not matter here
Really? ;-)
If repainting doesn't matter for this strategy, I'll take another look at it.

saiffx Oct 28, 2015 10:30pm | Post# 60

{quote} Have you unchecked "Offline chart" I described in Post 1?
Yes I have done this before.

© Forex Factory