Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   GBP/NZD... this Pair is Amazing! (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=557067)

dbutton1990 Sep 9, 2015 8:31pm | Post# 1

GBP/NZD... this Pair is Amazing!

I've been trading this pair on and off for the last two months. It has generated me a lot of profit. I'm creating this thread to help my forex buddies trade this pair and capitalize on profit!

WARNING: THIS PAIR HAS HIGH SPREADS AND IS VERY VOLATILE. TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

dbutton1990 Sep 9, 2015 8:36pm | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the 4 Hour Chart. After the big spike a couple weeks ago we have entered consolidation. We are looking for a sell signal here at the top. Wait for the sell signal. Do not sell right now!!!!! I'm confident we will get a great signal before the GBP rate decision tomorrow morning. Patience is a virtue!
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZD4HOUR.png
Size: 49 KB

SmallPaul Sep 9, 2015 8:38pm | Post# 3

major trend is up been like that for the whole year, you can get 1,000 pips a week if you know how to trade it

dbutton1990 Sep 9, 2015 8:43pm | Post# 4

major trend is up been like that for the whole year, you can get 1,000 pips a week if you know how to trade it
Exactly!!

SmallPaul Sep 9, 2015 8:50pm | Post# 5

{quote} Exactly!!
don't forget eur/nzd

SmallPaul Sep 9, 2015 8:51pm | Post# 6

you can also trade these pairs with gbp/nzd, gbp/aud and eur/aud

SmallPaul Sep 9, 2015 9:34pm | Post# 7

Geez damn thing don't wanna stop

bladerogers Sep 9, 2015 9:52pm | Post# 8

yep, great pair. incredible volatility, but high rollover fees...AND refunds! she can be scary though 8}

san99 Sep 9, 2015 10:07pm | Post# 9

Oh indeed, I certainly agree with you that it's *QUITE* a pair to say the least. Ever since I began looking at this pair a couple of months back now it's always like 200-300 pip days, some days even more, all due to NZD's nearly 40% discount to USD and the higher valuation of GBP vs USD. But have to confess that I wasn't playing the market right on Aug 24th and got a bit of sticker shock with this pair. So have been very cautious with it since. Really annoyed with myself that I didn't see how I should've been long. Could've made out with my first $5K+ day in all that panic that day, that frenetic NY morning .

yermommy Sep 9, 2015 11:24pm | Post# 10

I've been trading this pair recently. Only using half my standard size, but winning super easy trades. This pair just trends extremely well. My broker's spreads seem to be pretty comparable to most others (6-8 pips).

missH Sep 10, 2015 12:15am | Post# 11

Here is the 4 Hour Chart. After the big spike a couple weeks ago we have entered consolidation. We are looking for a sell signal here at the top. Wait for the sell signal. Do not sell right now!!!!! I'm confident we will get a great signal before the GBP rate decision tomorrow morning. Patience is a virtue! {image}
What is your system?
Haven't a total discription?

Thank you

shadodwel Sep 10, 2015 12:10pm | Post# 12

I've been trading this pair, EURAUD, GBPAUD, and EURGBP for a few years now. I used to pay attention to EURNZD, but the spread is ridiculous with this pair. It's over 9 pips with forex.com as a broker. GBPNZD is still high, 7 - 8 pips, but the daily range on GBPNZD is well over 200 pips almost every trading day!

Good spot

SmallPaul Sep 10, 2015 12:23pm | Post# 13

I've been trading this pair, EURAUD, GBPAUD, and EURGBP for a few years now. I used to pay attention to EURNZD, but the spread is ridiculous with this pair. It's over 9 pips with forex.com as a broker. GBPNZD is still high, 7 - 8 pips, but the daily range on GBPNZD is well over 200 pips almost every trading day! Good spot
bad spreads from a bad broker

shadodwel Sep 10, 2015 12:25pm | Post# 14

{quote}bad spreads from a bad broker
Do you live in the US? If so, which broker do you use? I've used FXCM, and now I am with Forex.com. Just looking for a reliable broker with decent spreads in the US.

SmallPaul Sep 10, 2015 12:45pm | Post# 15

{quote} Do you live in the US? If so, which broker do you use? I've used FXCM, and now I am with Forex.com. Just looking for a reliable broker with decent spreads in the US.
Yes i live in the u.s. i use tallinex.com, they take u.s. clients

yermommy Sep 10, 2015 1:27pm | Post# 16

looking at a short on the H4
https://charts.mql5.com/8/799/gbpnzd...om-gbp-nzd.png

fxstaton Sep 10, 2015 11:54pm | Post# 17

Can you teach/guide your trading strategy for this pair?

Gbp/jpy Sep 11, 2015 12:04am | Post# 18

hey fxstation....trade the dealer chart too....specially during asia.....4H chart
throw a slo sto runnin along at 34,3,3.....

matheszabi Sep 11, 2015 12:09am | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
Can you teach/guide your trading strategy for this pair?
It is simple enough:

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZD.lmxDaily.png
Size: 213 KB

Buy, buy, buy

Just open a daily chart

dbutton1990 Sep 11, 2015 12:33am | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
still hovering right at the resistance line of consolidation. 1 hour shows head and shoulders pattern. Will it fall? Let's find out!!
Click to Enlarge

Name: image.jpg
Size: 281 KB

© Forex Factory