Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Quantum London Trading Custom EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=552185)

chinfei Sep 29, 2015 6:09am | Post# 1181

Hi Maahome,

Yes exactly as you said, this system is meant to trade up to Frankfurt session only, no further entries after that.
There's 1 thing you shocked me, you said you recommend setting starting from 0.1(wow big starting) for 1000$ account, I think the size is a bit too big.
To be specific, can you post a picture of the setting in your next reply? Is there a stop loss? I would like to backtest and see for myself also.

As for me, my setting is 700$ starting capital, 1-12th=0.02, 13-29th=0.03, the rest=0.04, stop loss is 320$ to give room for temporary losses.
The result is net profit 3897$, which is good for me, however, the time setting is start from 00:00 because I can't set it running properly at 1900.
I checked at the graph, the 320$ stop loss is only hit 4 times this year, and I reviewed what caused the losses, ALL of the 4 losses can be AVOIDED if I start from 1900 manually.
In other words, this whole year is a profit if time = 1900.
In addition, I use 700$ as starting is just to test whether I can survive or not, I'm not going to use the same setting for 1 year, as my 700$ doubled to 1400$ after like 1 or 2 months maybe, I will add more power to the setting to enhance profitability. In short, will edit my settings to suit my account size to hasten account growth.

maahome Sep 29, 2015 6:29am | Post# 1182

Hi Maahome, Yes exactly as you said, this system is meant to trade up to Frankfurt session only, no further entries after that. There's 1 thing you shocked me, you said you recommend setting starting from 0.1(wow big starting) for 1000$ account, I think the size is a bit too big. To be specific, can you post a picture of the setting in your next reply? Is there a stop loss? I would like to backtest and see for myself also. As for me, my setting is 700$ starting capital, 1-12th=0.02, 13-29th=0.03, the rest=0.04, stop loss is 320$ to give room for...
Hi chinfei, first up, I did not "recommend" any starting size, I simply showed what he had done with it, the .1 is the lots size my friend used to test the small accounts, the biggest difference here is that with our settings the maximum number of trades to be opened is 4, there are no trade after that, end of story. We do not use all the different ones as in 1-12. 13--29 etc. It is max trades 4 and max cycles 1.

Like I said read some of the postings from the manual trading system and you will soon see that it is not necessary to take every trade.

Oh and here is a piece of advice, if you can double your capital, I suggest you take it off the table so you have zero risk after that.

Regards
maahome

TwinX Sep 29, 2015 6:38am | Post# 1183

{quote} I tried backtest with time from 0200 to 0500, results are bad. I suggest you scroll back the chart history and look at 1900 each day, benefits are: 1. If the entries taken at 1900 continued to next day's entry, there will be more entries = more profit. (just 1 cycle) 2. Sometimes entries taken at 1900 will exit before next day, OR exit very soon in next day, this means 1 cycle is complete, sometimes the next cycle after this is a no return cycle, meaning it never retrace back and you will be stopped out/suffer big loss. (In short, start...
That is because you use the default q depths. Adjust them!

ipoppy Sep 29, 2015 7:01am | Post# 1184

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
As per Hannele advise of placing this on EA thread I wonder if someone could help me to understand why long positions are not automatically open after short have been successfully closed? Is there something which I need to tweak in settings? Or do I have wrong EA version? Long and short chosen already in common tab.
Thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM1.png
Size: 28 KB

chinfei Sep 29, 2015 7:07am | Post# 1185

Hi Maahome,

Yes I understand that it is not necessary to take all trades, I get your point.
You said max 4 trades and max cycle is 1, it sounds normal to me.
However, you missed some other important info, is there a stop loss and is there minimum distance between trades? How you determine the entry for the 4 trades?
Let's say you took 4 trades and what if the price never retrace back? the 4 trades each with 0.10 lot is going to burn your account.

Hi TwinX, can you tell me what is the Q value? Thanks in advance!

TwinX Sep 29, 2015 7:21am | Post# 1186

Hi Maahome, Yes I understand that it is not necessary to take all trades, I get your point. You said max 4 trades and max cycle is 1, it sounds normal to me. However, you missed some other important info, is there a stop loss and is there minimum distance between trades? How you determine the entry for the 4 trades? Let's say you took 4 trades and what if the price never retrace back? the 4 trades each with 0.10 lot is going to burn your account. Hi TwinX, can you tell me what is the Q value? Thanks in advance!
Currently i use:

GBPUSD: 120 : 540
USDCAD: 240 : 390
EURUSD: 360 : 270
AUDUSD: 540 : 540
EURGBP: 120 : 390

Keep in mind these are not well tought settings, this was the best value i got in backtest to stay under a certain DD. The exeption is GBPUSD wich created a DD of 4.5% on 0.01 lot on 10000. Tested from 1st sept till 25 sept 2015.

Why don't you test first before you start trading with your 700 bucks?

maahome Sep 29, 2015 7:30am | Post# 1187

Hi Maahome, Yes I understand that it is not necessary to take all trades, I get your point. You said max 4 trades and max cycle is 1, it sounds normal to me. However, you missed some other important info, is there a stop loss and is there minimum distance between trades? How you determine the entry for the 4 trades? Let's say you took 4 trades and what if the price never retrace back? the 4 trades each with 0.10 lot is going to burn your account. Hi TwinX, can you tell me what is the Q value? Thanks in advance!
Very simple - there is no stop loss or take profit - settings are QDE/QDC = 240 distance = 50 points. Try running your own tests and see how different things affect the outcome, that will help you to understand the method I think.

If it never retraced the account would die no matter what settings you use, it is a counter trend method. You can always enter an equity stop at what you are prepared to lose, if you want to make 600% then be prepared to lose 600% - just the way it is. Even if you had a stop loss on each trade, in your own words "if it never retraces", you are then just going to continuously open losing trades which will result in the account dying anyway. I am not sure why you think for whatever reason a market will not retrace, it may well happen one day - they call that a black swan event

At the end of the day, a friend took the time to run backtests and ran it from the start of this year and sent me the results of what could happen with a small account , I am in no way recommending anyone do the same, it is each person's choice what they do with any information in this forum and I wish you good luck in the future.

Regards
maahome

chinfei Sep 29, 2015 8:14am | Post# 1188

Hi Maahome,

What I mean no retrace is that the market retrace very very very late for that one day, the whole day is blue box/red box, the account will die if stop loss is not used under a situation like this. However, if your account is big enough + your lot progression is small enough, you might survive the blow.
Now the situation is with limited capital, 1 day like this is enough to wipe out.

Hi twinX,

Based on what I see from adjusting the Q value, I can see that lower Q value will have more entries.
So far in the EA default settings, both value is set at 240, I never adjust the Q value because I'm not sure what it does, I only adjust other settings.
If you don't mind, can you explain in detail why your GBPUSD is 120 and 540?
If I am going to assume, I'm assuming that the 120 value is to enter more trades, the value 540 is to exit trades in a later time because most of the time the trade can run for a little longer for more profit, is my guess right?

EDIT: The account will crash if I use 120 and 540 for GU, looks like both 240 at default has its reason, or maybe do a little adjust is better, I'll try playing with the Q value for a while, let's see if 240 240 is the best setting.

TwinX Sep 29, 2015 8:49am | Post# 1189

EDIT: The account will crash if I use 120 and 540 for GU, looks like both 240 at default has its reason, or maybe do a little adjust is better, I'll try playing with the Q value for a while, let's see if 240 240 is the best setting.
Because you have not enough money to handle the drawdown maybe you can play a bit more not to take more then 5 trades or try more money in your test. Q value is distance.

And my time is in GMT+1 so 0200 till 0500 GMT +1

maahome Sep 29, 2015 8:49am | Post# 1190

Hi Maahome, What I mean no retrace is that the market retrace very very very late for that one day, the whole day is blue box/red box, the account will die if stop loss is not used under a situation like this. However, if your account is big enough + your lot progression is small enough, you might survive the blow. Now the situation is with limited capital, 1 day like this is enough to wipe out.
At the end of the day - you asked for settings, you asked for pairs, you have been given, them so instead of coming up with reasons why it won't work, perhaps test them first. And again I reiterate, let's us assume you do 1-12 at .01, 13-21 at .02, 22-29 at .03 etc etc we have 12 x .01, 9 x .02, 9 x.03 and so on, if those trades are taken then you have .12 + .18 +.27 = .57 at that stage - I have 4 @ .1 = .4 ?

And by the way the time is GMT start 01:00 end GMT 07:59. This is my last input on this topic.

Regards
maahome

Silicus Sep 29, 2015 2:23pm | Post# 1191

Hi, As per Hannele advise of placing this on EA thread I wonder if someone could help me to understand why long positions are not automatically open after short have been successfully closed? Is there something which I need to tweak in settings? Or do I have wrong EA version? Long and short chosen already in common tab. Thanks
ipoppy,

check the following:

The EA opens trades during the set time, but closes the trades past that time. Maybe it closes your trades, but is not 'allowed' to open, because it is outside the set time
Make sure that in the 'common tab' of the EA 'Long&Short' is selected in the Positions pulldown.
Make sure the EA is set to more than one cycle per day/session.

Hope that helps.

ipoppy Sep 29, 2015 4:52pm | Post# 1192

{quote} ipoppy, check the following: 1. The EA opens trades during the set time, but closes the trades past that time. Maybe it closes your trades, but is not 'allowed' to open, because it is outside the set time 2. Make sure that in the 'common tab' of the EA 'Long&Short' is selected in the Positions pulldown. 3. Make sure the EA is set to more than one cycle per day/session. Hope that helps.
Thanks. I will try that. The thing I have to wait for opposite box to check if works or not and that might be some time

ipoppy Sep 29, 2015 4:59pm | Post# 1193

2 Attachment(s)
Guys,
I dont know if that has been discussed before so apologise up front if it was as I am barely half way through that and the other Quantum thread. Anyways someone have already mentioned about using TMA bands for TP and I have test it manually with good>great results (see attachments). As I am not programmer I wonder if someone could create such EA and back test it.
Of course it have to be traded manually in relation to trading style and other time/technical analysis with similar to Mastermind approach. Well, each to their own. Additionally I think it might reduce risk of potential DD and cut amount of trades on the same swing.
Again it might have been already discussed so sorry for repetitive posts.
Thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM1.png
Size: 52 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDJPYM1.png
Size: 47 KB

cipan Sep 29, 2015 8:00pm | Post# 1194

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, As per Hannele advise of placing this on EA thread I wonder if someone could help me to understand why long positions are not automatically open after short have been successfully closed? Is there something which I need to tweak in settings? Or do I have wrong EA version? Long and short chosen already in common tab. Thanks {image}
it could be due to cycle not set to 0
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 543 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 291 KB

cipan Sep 29, 2015 8:11pm | Post# 1195

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, As per Hannele advise of placing this on EA thread I wonder if someone could help me to understand why long positions are not automatically open after short have been successfully closed? Is there something which I need to tweak in settings? Or do I have wrong EA version? Long and short chosen already in common tab. Thanks {image}
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...552185&page=58
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 65 KB

Surgefx Sep 30, 2015 2:53am | Post# 1196

This will be the next glorious level this already wonderful EA can reach combining X box before entry and box at TMA for entry. e.g Enter after 7 boxes and box at TMA. Exit at TMA if number of entries is greater than Y and breakeven.
BTW 2 cycles of trades in Asian session is great. I wonder why everyone is doing only one cycle. Manually, Mastermind is doing atleast 2 cycles with great results.

Masterrmind Sep 30, 2015 3:11am | Post# 1197

This will be the next glorious level this already wonderful EA can reach combining X box before entry and box at TMA for entry. e.g Enter after 7 box and box at TMA. Exit at TMA if number of entries is greater than Y and breakeven. BTW 2 cycles of trades in Asian session is great. I wonder why everyone is doing only one cycle. Manually, Mastermind is doing atleast 2 cycles with great results.
One cycle out of the Asian session depending when your trading window start time is set reduces in general DD significantly from the testing I have done.

This might be ideal for 'smaller' accounts that trade only the 1 pair such as GU.

Provided a SL or %Equity_SL is in place at a realistic location to protect against the unexpected then even with a small say 1K to 5K account the lot sizes could be increased slightly and I see the possibility of hitting 10K not too far into the future.

The Q strategies should be isolated from each other based on the starting account balance because this is a big factor in how it can be traded!!!

Masterrmind.........

chinfei Sep 30, 2015 6:41am | Post# 1198

I suddenly thought of something (might be useful) to add to the EA.
I've said things like turning on EA from 19:00 (solo NY session) is good until next day's Frankfurt session 09:00.
I further noticed that many times it is good to go for 2 cycles instead of 1, because sometimes the cycle ended before the next day, you will miss another good asian cycle if cycle is set to 1.

Now the problem is, not everyone of us have time to monitor what the EA is doing at a specific time, I am a very good example. My time is 5am when the forex time is 12am, I need sleep too. For me, while I am sleeping, I will never know if the cycle will be 1 or 2 for that particular day.
What if the cycle end before the next day? I will miss it. If cycle really bring forward to next day, that's cool.

Now the feature I want to request is, if cycle ended before next day, then continue 1 more cycle, otherwise just stick to 1 cycle.
I hope my suggestion is helpful, correct me if you have different opinion, thanks!

DirkH143 Sep 30, 2015 6:52am | Post# 1199

Hey,

I just have a quick question about the EA. (for ciphan or shoalinqant)
I know that the EA has the option of using the Stochastic.
Would it be possible to do it with the Quantum MACD too?
That would really help.

Thanks.

Surgefx Sep 30, 2015 7:51am | Post# 1200

Guys, I dont know if that has been discussed before so apologise up front if it was as I am barely half way through that and the other Quantum thread. Anyways someone have already mentioned about using TMA bands for TP and I have test it manually with good>great results (see attachments). As I am not programmer I wonder if someone could create such EA and back test it. Of course it have to be traded manually in relation to trading style and other time/technical analysis with similar to Mastermind approach. Well, each to their own. Additionally I...
TMA Repaints hope you put that into consideration cos the TMA exit may not have been met real time.

© Forex Factory