Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Quantum London Trading Custom EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=552185)

TheDirtySerb Aug 5, 2015 5:21pm | Post# 1

Quantum London Trading Custom EA

I was wondering if someone can create a custom ea based on mer071898's thread located here. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=551382

There is an ea that I am using and it was provided by Vlad13685 and shared by me in the above thread on page 12 post # 223. This ea does everything based on original rules. I would like a modified version so that I can control draw-down and have other built in safety features. Here are the things I would like to see:

Enter and exit per original rules. - the ea should enter and exit per original rules but instead of taking every entry after every box it should give more control, such as:

1. Spread out subsequent entries by at least 10 pips - Grid Size - Entries must be at the open of next candle after box appears. If less than 10 pips entry is skipped, if greater then enter.
2. Be able to specify how many entries per grid - 10 at 0.01, 10 at 0.02, 5 at 0.03, etc.
3. Max Grid Size in pips - In case of a strong move against or to protect account.
4. Break even option - This is when deep in DD but the trend changed and you want to risk leaving it open to get out at break even instead of the exit box.
5. Max Stop Loss in pips or percentage of account.
6 Continue trading after Frankfurt/London - ea would continue to trade, meaning after it closed out all the Frankfurt/London trades it would take new trades after new boxes appear. This is Yes/No. If no then it would trade per rules of original thread, then stop and reset after specified time. See original ea settings.
7. Someone asked about adding a FIFO option. Not sure how this would work, maybe a future addition.

I'm open to other suggestions and additions. I know there are a number of us over there using this method with special requests.

If anything is unclear I'll be around to answer questions. Thank you.

HighFivve Aug 5, 2015 7:00pm | Post# 2

4 Attachment(s)
hi thankx for sharing

I was thinking of a strategy of taking buy or sell box trades starting at 6:30 (in white)Then take my pips or losses at the London open (purple)8:00--close all trades--thus reducing overall risk And I think it would be profitable.. an EA would be nice to test it out.. Anyone?

another Idea buy or sell the first 15 1 min bars above or below the 6:30 pre-euro open.. using a trailing SL..

july 23 and july 21 saved big dd/ july 16 july 13 pure winners
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 65 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 63 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 62 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot4.png
Size: 89 KB

HighFivve Aug 5, 2015 8:39pm | Post# 3

3 Attachment(s)
this indi looks to be a nice filter
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 100 KB
FastTMALine.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 109 KB

budidharma19 Aug 5, 2015 9:39pm | Post# 4

this indi looks to be a nice filter {image} {file}
Dear HighFive,

Nice indie for filtering,... would you be kind enough to share the template and all indies from your chart ?

Thanks,

Budi

HighFivve Aug 5, 2015 9:46pm | Post# 5

3 Attachment(s)
sure.. just MTF fast line set to 20 , S/R..and Quantum which makes a box for a new H/L in X bars - GL
FastTMALine.mq4
Quantum.mq4
SS_SupportResistance_v06.ex4

mer071898 Aug 6, 2015 1:56am | Post# 6

I would like to see the option to takes all trades 24/7. By this I mean open a sequence and when it closes on an opposite box, immediately open a new sequence in the opposite directionPlus, the EA's "Broker Start time" works okay the way it should, but the "Stop Time To Close Trades" isn't the correct way to close a sequence. When the trades are initiated they should close on the opposite colored box. The "Stop Time To Close Trades" function is closing all open trades at a specific time, which is incorrect. That function should not to allow trades to be taken after a designated time. So if you start at 07:00 and set the close time at 22:00, the EA will only open a trade sequence between that time.

Vlad13685 Aug 6, 2015 3:15am | Post# 7

Hi,

You are correct mer, the only reason I added in the "Stop Time To Close Trades" part was because during backtesting, I noticed there were some days when an opposite didn't appear - and the chart data ended at say 22:00. This glitched the EA and threw the stats off - so I added in this option as a fail safe, if no opposite box appears then this is the cut off time. In live trading this isn't a problem. Happy to change the EA if needs be?

Vlad

mer071898 Aug 6, 2015 3:58am | Post# 8

Maybe something could be added in that if your trade sequence goes into the next day, no new trades are placed until the current set of open trades close out with an opposite signal. Is the option to takes all trade opportunities 24/7 with no time constraint possible?

Masterrmind Aug 6, 2015 3:58am | Post# 9

Hi, You are correct mer, the only reason I added in the "Stop Time To Close Trades" part was because during backtesting, I noticed there were some days when an opposite didn't appear - and the chart data ended at say 22:00. This glitched the EA and threw the stats off - so I added in this option as a fail safe, if no opposite box appears then this is the cut off time. In live trading this isn't a problem. Happy to change the EA if needs be? Vlad
Hi Vlad,

Nice work by the way.

If you could mod it to trade 24/7 that would be very useful.

But still with the user being able to set desired periods of time to trade.

An option that only closes out trades in profit not only for an opposite signal but also at a pre-set price level ( I realise pulling a script onto the chart to close all trades is easy enough but to have this option in the EA would be good) and lets the others run would also be useful.

Masterrmind...........

bishopdotun Aug 6, 2015 4:27am | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
depth: 400
starting lot: 0.01
lot multiplier: 1.05

Regards.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM1.png
Size: 41 KB

Vlad13685 Aug 6, 2015 7:08am | Post# 11

Ok cool,

I'll update the EA with some of the changes suggested.

Cheers

Vlad

karnet Aug 6, 2015 7:37am | Post# 12

I think there is another problem. i was watching the chart when suddenly after the news released the positions were taken one after another by the EA. but not after closing a candle. i mean the blue point appeared below the candle and the position were taken before close of the candle. this could increase the amount of loss. so Vlad would you consider this for the next update of the EA?
thanks

karnet

mario777 Aug 6, 2015 8:09am | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
this indi looks to be a nice filter {image} {file} {image}
hi HighFive, Im also using TMA as filter. how do you use it for quantum strategy? Thanks!
Click to Enlarge

Name: try.jpg
Size: 205 KB

avibe Aug 6, 2015 8:28am | Post# 14

{quote}hi HighFive, Im also using TMA as filter. how do you use it for quantum strategy? Thanks! {image}
Trade the break outs

HighFivve Aug 6, 2015 9:13am | Post# 15

{quote}hi HighFive, Im also using TMA as filter. how do you use it for quantum strategy? Thanks! {image}
15 min chart set to 20 ..add 2nd tma set 20 , 60min ---- BO + square -----____ _____how about you?____

TheDirtySerb Aug 6, 2015 9:24am | Post# 16

I would like to see the option to takes all trades 24/7. By this I mean open a sequence and when it closes on an opposite box, immediately open a new sequence in the opposite directionPlus, the EA's "Broker Start time" works okay the way it should, but the "Stop Time To Close Trades" isn't the correct way to close a sequence. When the trades are initiated they should close on the opposite colored box. The "Stop Time To Close Trades" function is closing all open trades at a specific time, which is incorrect. That function should not to allow trades...
Pretty much what I was trying to say in my original post number 6, but you just said it way better, lol thanks for that. I agree with you and Mastermind that a 24/7 option would be benefitial with the option to turn on/off. Good night last night, lets keep it rolling. Looking forward to seeing what Vlad comes up with.

mer071898 Aug 6, 2015 10:17am | Post# 17

I think there is another problem. i was watching the chart when suddenly after the news released the positions were taken one after another by the EA. but not after closing a candle. i mean the blue point appeared below the candle and the position were taken before close of the candle. this could increase the amount of loss. so Vlad would you consider this for the next update of the EA? thanks karnet
That could be an issue as all trades because after the candle with a box has closed the trade is placed at the opening of the new candle.

Vlad13685 Aug 6, 2015 10:21am | Post# 18

{quote} That could be an issue as all trades because after the candle with a box has closed the trade is placed at the opening of the new candle.
Seems weird - shouldn't be doing this. Will check it out.

Regards

Vlad

yorkshirelad Aug 6, 2015 10:32am | Post# 19

Good to see others using the tma as a filter I also added quantum to my template from another method. Works well.

blamshakk Aug 6, 2015 11:21am | Post# 20

can anyone advise, im running Vlads EA GU 1m and it took the shorts and closed for profit but didnt take the longs afterwards

© Forex Factory