Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Quantum London Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=551382)

mer071898 Aug 4, 2015 3:54am | Post# 121

Hi Mer, This system looks great - one question: We start trading at 5am GMT - but when should we stop trading for the day? Sorry if this has been answered already but couldn't see it! Mark.
It's up to your discretion, but I try not to trade past the halfway point of the New York session because you want the trading volume in your favor.

Masterrmind Aug 4, 2015 3:56am | Post# 122

1 Attachment(s)
Had to go out temporarily so missed the 5 short trades......

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 4 KB

If price continues up I may grab them on the way back down.....

Masterrmind...........

FXnitroC Aug 4, 2015 4:14am | Post# 123

1 Attachment(s)
Compered to G/U euro dollar is still have to catch up
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenShot087.jpg
Size: 76 KB

Spoon138 Aug 4, 2015 4:25am | Post# 124

I managed to get in but jumped out at the spike down. Be interesting to see how this one pans out. Would be nice to see/ understand the creation of the boxes( I'm not great at indi's) so as to gauge how close to an exit we may be. good luck all

Spoon138 Aug 4, 2015 4:35am | Post# 125

wow. so there we go. I missed out some, but respect to the strategy and mer.

SeaTheStars Aug 4, 2015 4:39am | Post# 126

The method how this indicator works is easy. You can put in any number you want in this indicator. It will draw a red box above the candle, if the high of this candle is also the high of the last x periods. So if you put in 300, and a red box comes up, it means, that the high of that candle is the high of the last 300 periods, also. Vice versa for the blue boxes

mer071898 Aug 4, 2015 4:48am | Post# 127

1 Attachment(s)
So, still think news events hurt??? 13 trades taken, all in profit. Thank you GBP Construction PMI!

Just remember, they all don't work out like this every time.

Trade 1= +24 pips
Trade 2= +23 pips
Trade 3= +26 pips
Trade 4= +25 pips
Trade 5= +27 pips
Trade 6= +27 pips
Trade 7= +31 pips
Trade 8= +29 pips
Trade 9= +37 pips
Trade 10= +37 pips
Trade 11= +38 pips
Trade 12= +41 pips
Trade 13= +86 pips (+43 pips X .02 lots)

Total= +451 pips

(By the way, if your keeping track since post 1, that's +948 pips in the last 5 trading days)
Click to Enlarge

Size: 263 KB

tradeforlife Aug 4, 2015 4:52am | Post# 128

If we could code the indicator to give an alert when a new box is created, that would help as a first step into automating i guess....

madscalp Aug 4, 2015 4:55am | Post# 129

1 Attachment(s)
The method how this indicator works is easy. You can put in any number you want in this indicator. It will draw a red box above the candle, if the high of this candle is also the high of the last x periods. So if you put in 300, and a red box comes up, it means, that the high of that candle is the high of the last 300 periods, also. Vice versa for the blue boxes
Interesting.
Maybe a eintDepht3 bigger to reduce the trades.
I tried 825 and it sounds good
Click to Enlarge

Name: Quantum_1.jpg
Size: 186 KB

mer071898 Aug 4, 2015 4:59am | Post# 130

If we could code the indicator to give an alert when a new box is created, that would help as a first step into automating i guess....
I am clueless about coding indicators or EA's, so if someone wants to tackle it, more power to them. But my job is done, time to go nite nite.

tradeforlife Aug 4, 2015 5:00am | Post# 131

{quote} I am clueless about coding indicators or EA's, so if someone wants to tackle it, more power to them.

I will come up with something tonight after work if anyone else have not worked on it by that time...

Spoon138 Aug 4, 2015 5:02am | Post# 132

an alert would be nice. I'm getting a bad neck from leaning over whilst in bed. (I'm assuming it isn't beeping or anything, sound has to be low so I don't wake the kids)

DavidRP Aug 4, 2015 5:04am | Post# 133

So, still think news events hurt??? 13 trades taken, all in profit. Thank you GBP Construction PMI! Just remember, they all don't work out like this every time. Trade 1= +24 pips Trade 2= +23 pips Trade 3= +26 pips Trade 4= +25 pips Trade 5= +27 pips Trade 6= +27 pips Trade 7= +31 pips Trade 8= +29 pips Trade 9= +37 pips Trade 10= +37 pips Trade 11= +38 pips Trade 12= +41 pips Trade 13= +86 pips (+43 pips X .02 lots) Total= +451 pips (By the way, if your keeping track since post 1, that's +948 pips in the last 5 trading days)...
Yep, a lot of pips, but what is the average $ per pip ? We don't eat pips. With this strategy you need a really big account if you want to make some good money and keeping the risk low.

I know this very well, I use a similar approach on GBP but using different filters.

Spoon138 Aug 4, 2015 5:11am | Post# 134

What happens when it goes bad? I believe the OP (Scott?) has been using this for a while, I have scrolled back and eyeballed it and as you have said there a re a few dodgy days in there. On 1m would it be safe to assume even on very strong moves on higher TF that mess it up there is nearly always an exit opportunity on 1m. Ive seen some that clearly may have resulted in loss but offsetting the better distanced trades make it nearly not as bad as it could have been. How have the losses been? anything catastrophic where you've had to step in with discretion?(lack of exit box)

SeaTheStars Aug 4, 2015 5:22am | Post# 135

pips (By the way, if your keeping track since post 1, that's +948 pips in the last 5 trading days) {image}
Congrats. Nice number. But keep in mind the relation between account size and lot size. How much growth is this?

Masterrmind Aug 4, 2015 5:22am | Post# 136

1 Attachment(s)
GBPUSD [M1 Chart]

Click to Enlarge

Size: 29 KB

TP set at the Daily Open so a few less pips than what the blue box would have yielded but I am not complaining!

Only took 17 trades [live]

Trade #1 28.2 pips
Trade #2 24.1 pips
Trade #3 23.9 pips
Trade #4 21.0 pips
Trade #5 20.5 pips
Trade #6 18.2 pips
Trade #7 18.2 pips
Trade #8 18.0 pips
Trade #9 17.8 pips
Trade #10 16.0 pips
Trade #11 15.0 pips
Trade #12 14.8 pips
Trade #13 13.5 pips
Trade #14 12.7 pips
Trade #15 12.5 pips
Trade #16 11.0 pips
Trade #17 10.0 pips

Total pips = 295.4 pips!

Note: missed 4 of the higher short entries which would have made a big difference and my TP was set at 1.55830 but the result is still great.

Good trading,

Masterrmind...........

Landline Aug 4, 2015 5:45am | Post# 137

1 Attachment(s)
Well everyone, another simple night with 8 trades all closed in profit within a couple of hours. Trade 1= +16 pips Trade 2= +11 pips Trade 3= +15 pips Trade 4= +21 pips Trade 5= +21 pips Trade 6= +21 pips Trade 7= +22 pips Trade 8= +20 pips Total=+147 pips As has been mentioned already, I am not closed to alternative strategies or someone using a different indicator, as a matter of fact, I applaud those who think outside the box. How they use this strategy in conjunction with other stuff may ended being great or not, I'm not here to judge. But to...
Hi all

In keeping with mers wishes, I've attached an AN chart on the 1hr tf. (For my method, there is no prime start time, and no pair preference, I rely on bisection...see previous charts for explanation.)

The result in my case captured two orders before I closed out.

I have several other pairs cooking at present on h4 applying same principal....very relaxing

I like to tp after 4 boxes btw on my method, which means I keep control...most of the time there are at least 6 - 8 boxes on the t/fs that interest me, and I like to take the lions share off the table early, which this strategy allows me to do, but as said, I won't go into too much detail as per mers request.

Excellent trading btw mer and the rest of you guys on the 1 min trades, but personally I don't want to be stuck in front of the computer every minute waiting for that box to appear or not, it would send me crackers lol.

Anyway heres my chart

Cheers

LL

Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZDH1.png
Size: 25 KB

Baba Gee Aug 4, 2015 6:50am | Post# 138

1 Attachment(s)
GBPUSD [M1 Chart] {image} TP set at the Daily Open so a few less pips than what the blue box would have yielded but I am not complaining! Only took 17 trades [live] Trade #1 28.2 pips Trade #2 24.1 pips Trade #3 23.9 pips Trade #4 21.0 pips Trade #5 20.5 pips Trade #6 18.2 pips Trade #7 18.2 pips Trade #8 18.0 pips Trade #9 17.8 pips Trade #10 16.0 pips Trade #11 15.0 pips Trade #12 14.8 pips Trade #13 13.5 pips Trade #14 12.7 pips Trade #15 12.5 pips Trade #16 11.0 pips Trade #17 10.0 pips Total pips = 295.4 pips! Note: missed 4 of the higher short...
I had a similar trade set up as well. i turned on MT4 a bit late today to find the red boxes already painted, so simply put in sell-limits at the same levels as the red boxes however i should note that if you are not constantly looking/ monitoring your charts you will miss the blue box appearance. On my charts i did bag some pips but i wish there could be a signal that goes off once the blue box has been painted. None the less it is a good system so far. I have put in a buy-limit around the area the first blue box appeared waiting for the next one to appear to act as a guide.

I believe in simple is always best so i use stochastic to aid my decision making.
Trade #1 - 19.9
Trade #2 - 7.9
Trade #3 - 9.5

Thanks a lot mer
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM1.png
Size: 110 KB

tradeforlife Aug 4, 2015 7:30am | Post# 139

{quote} Hi all In keeping with mers wishes, I've attached an AN chart on the 1hr tf. (For my method, there is no prime start time, and no pair preference, I rely on bisection...see previous charts for explanation.) The result in my case captured two orders before I closed out. I have several other pairs cooking at present on h4 applying same principal....very relaxing I like to tp after 4 boxes btw on my method, which means I keep control...most of the time there are at least 6 - 8 boxes on the t/fs that interest me, and I like to take the lions...

this happened because of the AUD red news i guess.. do you have any other trade results Landline?

Landline Aug 4, 2015 7:35am | Post# 140

{quote} Yep, a lot of pips, but what is the average $ per pip ? We don't eat pips. With this strategy you need a really big account if you want to make some good money and keeping the risk low. I know this very well, I use a similar approach on GBP but using different filters.
Hi D

I'm not being funny, but why should you worry about what his $ per pip is whatever that means. His lot size tells you the equation anyway. Surely your only interest is your own trading account, and as mer has quite rightly stated previously it is down to individuals to determine lot size and frequency of orders according to their own account size and appetite.

LL

© Forex Factory