Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New TDI Method v2 (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=551041)

yczzd Jul 28, 2015 10:32am | Post# 1

4 Attachment(s)
Update again(2015-10-09) in #POST 254:
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...06#post8531906

*************************************************************************************
Update again(2015-10-03): News_TDI_Double_Strategy_EA.mq4
Major improvements in the new version:
1 interface to the panel, more information and more intuitive;
2 adds a news trading strategy that makes it a dual strategy for EA;

Post update from: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...38#post8522338
==================================================================================

Update description(2015-08-16) :http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...89#post8437989
IN ADDITION: In order not to affect the confidence of the new entrants, I removed the previous Trade Explorers.
new version v2.1
new TDI method v2.1.mq4

Hello everyone
I am Zuodong Zheng, from China. I would like to share a trading strategy with forexfactory friends as a return to forexfactory, because I have benefited FF for many years.

First, English is not my mother tongue, most of the posts I can only use the translation software, may cause the syntax error, or to bring you to understand the confusion, I am very sorry.

Secondly, in order to reduce errors and misunderstandings, I will try to describe clearly. At the same time, because I am not a professional foreign exchange traders, busy with own work, to your question may not get instant reply, please forgive.

Third, I hope the traders in the proposed problem, can understand the basic concepts of TDI, and to understand the content of the post, so as not to cause unnecessary waste of resources.

Fourth, I wrote a EA for the implementation of this strategy, from debugging, optimization, modification, simulation account test, spent three months time, the current version is v2.0. At present, the robot is basically normal operation, earnings stability, the withdrawal is not too big, basically satisfactory. Note that I am not a professional programmer, and professional traders, there may be some problems. Later, please test and make suggestions for improvement, so that EA is more perfect. Maybe you made the suggestion that I might not be able to do it in the program, but I will try my best to finish it.
Ok,get down to business.

The so-called "New TDI Method" is a trading strategy based on the modified TDI indicator. I think the original TDI trading is not simple, the reaction is not sensitive. So I do not use the original TDI indicator, but the use of alternative solutions to simplify. I only apply three indicator lines instead of the original TDI:
1. RSI (13) as the relative strength index, the application price is close, the color is set to be colorless;
2. SMA (7) as a trading signal line (TSL), applied to RSI, the color is red;
3. SMA (2) as the RSI price line (RPL), also applied to RSI, the color is green.
For your convenience, I have attached a template that can be downloaded directly.

New TDI's trading method is the same as the original, when the green price line (RPL) with the red trading signal line (TSL), it generates a trading signal, at same time, added the reverse entry point, OBOS strategy etc. In addition, the position can be a variety of ways (SL, TP, reverse cross, BE).

Specific methods are as follows:
1. Symbol............All pairs(I generally trade20~ 28 pairs)
2. TimeFrame.......M30
3. SELL Signal(See figure below)
The green line (RPL) crossed down red line (TSL) after Pre-Candle Close,
and red line (TSL) >68
4. Buy Signal(See figure below)
The green line (RPL) crossed up red line (TSL) after Pre-Candle Close,
and red line (TSL) <32
5. Add Orders(Corrected
If the price is running in the Opposite direction as orders, then every 20 points to increase a position, up to 6.
6. Exit Trading
a)A single currency pair or basket of profits reached TP;
b) A single currency pair or basket of profits reached SL;
c) When the opposite direction of the trade signal;
d) When setting the break even point, the price is withdrawn to BE.
Next step, after I'm considering the maturity, will increase the number of signal filtering options.

Trading happiness!
Good luck, everyone!

Figure1
Click to Enlarge

Name: shot1.png
Size: 42 KB

Attachments
newTDImethod.tpl
EA file and other file see #Post 24. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...86#post8407086
Good luck, everyone!

kaixinjili Jul 28, 2015 1:12pm | Post# 2

期待您的策略,中国那个城市?我也是

mnmnmmnnmnmn Jul 28, 2015 2:12pm | Post# 3

我也是 大家一起交流 留下微信吧 626082835

yczzd Jul 28, 2015 2:16pm | Post# 4

期待您的策略,中国那个城市?我也是
湖北黄石市

yczzd Jul 28, 2015 2:18pm | Post# 5

我也是 大家一起交流 留下微信吧 626082835
相互学习,好的,多多指教

Davit Jul 28, 2015 2:24pm | Post# 6

Have you read TMS 30 thread?
Pretty much exactly what we do!
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=526735

Instead of opening a new "system" you should of joined us
good luck

wattaman Jul 28, 2015 8:37pm | Post# 7

Have you read TMS 30 thread? Pretty much exactly what we do! http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=526735 Instead of opening a new "system" you should of joined us good luck
Not exactly. Zoudong trades only outside the 32 and 68 limits, trying to catch the very top/bottoms, probably. There is a difference

yczzd Jul 28, 2015 9:12pm | Post# 8

Have you read TMS 30 thread? Pretty much exactly what we do! http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=526735 Instead of opening a new "system" you should of joined us good luck
Hi,Davit
I have read TMS 30 theme, is a very good thread, let me benefit a lot. But:
1) trading strategy is still a bit complicated;
2) thread is too long, gathering all kinds of thoughts, has lost the theme, so that the traders at a loss, this is also a lot of good thread the final outcome.
3) the new TDI method has many differences with the TMS strategy. Even if I add on the HeatMap、 the currency strength of the filter in the future, will not be too complex.
4)The new TDI method is easier to program robots.

Thanks, good luck.

yczzd Jul 28, 2015 9:16pm | Post# 9

{quote} Not exactly. Zoudong trades only outside the 32 and 68 limits, trying to catch the very top/bottoms, probably. There is a difference
Exactly right. Thank you very much.

Trading happy。

mkfx Jul 28, 2015 9:35pm | Post# 10

{quote} Exactly right. Thank you very much. Trading happy。
Thanks for your efforts.

I have couple of thoughts:

1.you need to think to use some filters, specially taking a direction or from HTF (4 HR and 1 HR).
2.Cross of green to yellow line at 30 min TF is very important.
3. Cross of 10 EMA
4.Angle of MTF HTF TDI (code is available here on FF)
5.Position adding should have some more filter I mean time min gap and on next cross of green to red, (otherwise in a strong direction you are adding position one after another and there is no sign of reversal).
6.Trade only in direction of daily/ 4hr candle direction.

Thanks

emmanuel7788 Jul 28, 2015 9:38pm | Post# 11

Hello everyone I am Zuodong Zheng, from China. I would like to share a trading strategy with forexfactory friends as a return to forexfactory, because I have benefited FF for many years. First, English is not my mother tongue, most of the posts I can only use the translation software, may cause the syntax error, or to bring you to understand the confusion, I am very sorry. Secondly, in order to reduce errors and misunderstandings, I will try to describe clearly. At the same time, because I am not a professional foreign exchange traders, busy...

Hi Zuodong,

Very good start with clean chart just the RSI (TDI). Keep it this way, do not add any other technical indicator to the sub-window. The key here is how to trade the price chart and use of the RSI only.

I am thinking of what you wrote; <quoted> below. I think we can work together on these and improve the "system". Give me some time.

<quote>
1. Symbol............All pairs(I generally trade20~ 28 pairs)
2. TimeFrame.......M30
3. SELL Signal(See figure below) The green line (RPL) crossed down red line (TSL) after Pre-Candle Close, and red line (TSL) >68
4. Buy Signal(See figure below) The green line (RPL) crossed up red line (TSL) after Pre-Candle Close, and red line (TSL) <32
5. Add Orders If the price is running in the same direction as orders, then every 20 points to increase a position, up to 6.
6. Exit Trading
a)A single currency pair or basket of profits reached TP;
b) A single currency pair or basket of profits reached SL;
c) When the opposite direction of the trade signal;
d) When setting the break even point, the price is withdrawn to BE. Next step, after I'm considering the maturity, will increase the number of signal filtering options.
<unquote>

I will be back after my summer vacation.

regards,

yczzd Jul 28, 2015 10:49pm | Post# 12

{quote} Thanks for your efforts. I have couple of thoughts: 1.you need to think to use some filters, specially taking a direction or from HTF (4 HR and 1 HR). 2.Cross of green to yellow line at 30 min TF is very important. 3. Cross of 10 EMA 4.Angle of MTF HTF TDI (code is available here on FF) 5.Position adding should have some more filter I mean time min gap and on next cross of green to red, (otherwise in a strong direction you are adding position one after another and there is no sign of reversal). 6.Trade only in direction of daily/ 4hr candle...
Hi,mkfx
Thank you for your advice.
I am considering a proper increase of one to two filtering options (as I mentioned before: Currency, Strength HeatMap). But I do not want to increase too much, lest it become a hodgepodge.

yczzd Jul 28, 2015 11:01pm | Post# 13

{quote} Hi Zuodong, Very good start with clean chart just the RSI (TDI). Keep it this way, do not add any other technical indicator to the sub-window. The key here is how to trade the price chart and use of the RSI only. I am thinking of what you wrote; <quoted> below. I think we can work together on these and improve the "system". Give me some time. <quote> 1. Symbol............All pairs(I generally trade20~ 28 pairs) 2. TimeFrame.......M30 3. SELL Signal(See figure below) The green line (RPL) crossed down red line (TSL) after...
Thanks, emmanuel
In your quote, I found my big mistake, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

5. Add Orders If the price is running in the same direction as orders, then every 20 points to increase a position, up to 6.
Correct forOpposite
Sorry。I will be corrected in the first post。

yczzd Jul 28, 2015 11:22pm | Post# 14

Hi, everyone
Please follow the rules (in the first post description) manual trading, in order to be familiar with the trading method. Will be able to put forward specific questions or suggestions.
After I will be EA file is sorted, will be released immediately, for everyone to test.

leastchaos Jul 29, 2015 12:15am | Post# 15

3 Attachment(s)
hi, i modified an existing indicator TDI Red Green and a MTF 1(requires TDI Red Green Tape), to indicate the cross over according to your rules for anyone that is going to manual trade it. here it is.

Attachment 1722196
MTFTDI.mq4
TDI Red Green Tape.mq4

majorusa Jul 29, 2015 3:07am | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
I am using TDI since three years ago. The problem with TDI is the problem with all oscillators. Can stay in the 68 or 32 area a lot of time. Let me show you what I mean. Look at the EA picture. Since the first signal the price climbed 400+ pips. Since the H4 signal 216 pips.

So the question is: where is TP and where is SL on your method?
Click to Enlarge

Name: EA TDI.jpg
Size: 318 KB

dinofx Jul 29, 2015 3:52am | Post# 17

my two cents:
- rsi is a noisy indi
- but rsi with divergence is a must have

hope rsi will be replaced by rsi-divergence to get better signal

oneffone Jul 29, 2015 5:18am | Post# 18

I am using TDI since three years ago. The problem with TDI is the problem with all oscillators. Can stay in the 68 or 32 area a lot of time. Let me show you what I mean. Look at the EA picture. Since the first signal the price climbed 400+ pips. Since the H4 signal 216 pips. So the question is: where is TP and where is SL on your method? {image}
hi

i think
anything more is not perfect, we just find some balance.
tp or sp too.

or
raise the bargaining chip.
but increase the risk.

----------------------
to yczzd
我是个新手,谢谢提供常年的积累的经验。
期待您的大招。

majorusa Jul 29, 2015 5:33am | Post# 19

{quote} hi i think anything more is not perfect, we just find some balance. tp or sp too. or raise the bargaining chip. but increase the risk. ---------------------- to yczzd 我是个新手,谢谢提供常年的积累的经验。 期待您的大招。
I know where my TP and SL are because I trade my own method. Though it is not clear for me for this method. What I want to say more is that you need to look at the price behavior in order the method to work. For me the indicator is just a confirmation tool and not the decision tool. I hope this helps.

Dimi.A Jul 29, 2015 8:01am | Post# 20

{quote} Hi,Davit I have read TMS 30 theme, is a very good thread, let me benefit a lot. But: 1) trading strategy is still a bit complicated; 2) thread is too long, gathering all kinds of thoughts, has lost the theme, so that the traders at a loss, this is also a lot of good thread the final outcome. 3) the new TDI method has many differences with the TMS strategy. Even if I add on the HeatMap、 the currency strength of the filter in the future, will not be too complex. 4)The new TDI method is easier to program robots. Thanks,...
Interesting concept and strategy. Looks good mate I like how your chart is simple. Have you traded your strategy live yet?

© Forex Factory