Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading in line with Daily Momentum (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=550934)

JackAntigua Jul 27, 2015 6:47pm | Post# 1

Trading in line with Daily Momentum

1 Attachment(s)
I thought it was probably time I stepped up to the plate as it were. The idea of this this thread is to trade in line with the bias and direction of momentum (as defined by the indicator I am using) on the Daily chart but take entries from the 240 min chart.

Here is an example. More to follow when my whisky haze disappears.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Daily Momentum #1.png
Size: 124 KB

JackAntigua Jul 27, 2015 7:01pm | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
One more before bedtime.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Daily Momentum #2 - Soybeans.png
Size: 41 KB

godwi Jul 27, 2015 7:50pm | Post# 3

Can u share your indicators and help explain better? thanks

shg Jul 27, 2015 10:00pm | Post# 4

Hi There,

Thanks for sharing. subscribed....

But in your first chart where you showed entry point has red bar. This bar is for bias i think and it is increasing from previous bar means that it is showing the long interest but it is still red so is it valid? i mean you might want to wait till you see green histo bar....

thanks

MeLe Jul 27, 2015 11:37pm | Post# 5

Hi Jack
Looks very interesting, am looking forward to more input from you.
Regards

elikon Jul 28, 2015 1:53am | Post# 6

hi mele

can you share the indis?
thanks

MeLe Jul 28, 2015 2:11am | Post# 7

hi mele can you share the indis? thanks
I do not have the indicators

elikon Jul 28, 2015 2:23am | Post# 8

sorry mele

jackantiqua want......to ask

AnilLonely Jul 28, 2015 3:51am | Post# 9

Looks interesting. Could you share more details regarding indicator that is used and how to check it.

JackAntigua Jul 28, 2015 5:23am | Post# 10

Can u share your indicators and help explain better? thanks
I use a paid for indicator, if you Google it you'll find it. I'll post some more screenshots with commentary to further explain.

JackAntigua Jul 28, 2015 5:26am | Post# 11

Hi There, Thanks for sharing. subscribed.... But in your first chart where you showed entry point has red bar. This bar is for bias i think and it is increasing from previous bar means that it is showing the long interest but it is still red so is it valid? i mean you might want to wait till you see green histo bar.... thanks
You are right, I could wait but all that does is get me in later and worsens the R's. All I'm interested in is that the histogram is increasing in line with the Daily. I'm also not particularly concerned if the 240 min bias is in line with the Daily bias at that stage as if I've got an increasing histogram, I'm expecting the 240 min bias to come into line.

JackAntigua Jul 28, 2015 5:33am | Post# 12

5 Attachment(s)
Some more examples. Now the challenge is to find some live examples.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZD #1.png
Size: 128 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZD #2.png
Size: 118 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: DOW #1.png
Size: 134 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD #1.png
Size: 159 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZD #1.png
Size: 124 KB

elikon Jul 28, 2015 6:26am | Post# 13

{quote} I use a paid for indicator, if you Google it you'll find it. I'll post some more screenshots with commentary to further explain.
if you want help, then give the indis or tell where to find them
if you cant do it then you must go to comercial content
no sense to look something if you cant test it
thank

JackAntigua Jul 28, 2015 6:31am | Post# 14

{quote} if you want help, then give the indis or tell where to find them if you cant do it then you must go to comercial content no sense to look something if you cant test it thank
I don't want help thank you. And I have told you where to find the indicator, you can use Google I presume.

elikon Jul 28, 2015 6:55am | Post# 15

{quote} I don't want help thank you. And I have told you where to find the indicator, you can use Google I presume.

if dont wantt help us then you post your system
1) for clients
or
2) for for jealousy

sorry my frient i want understend how to use your idea
anyway i dont want to be the idiot here
i will be silence

Exciter135 Jul 28, 2015 7:19am | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one of them, but it doens't work on new MT4 build, mine is Version 4 Build 840. Someone help fix it.
PBF_Squeeze.mq4

loucam Jul 28, 2015 7:44am | Post# 17

10 Attachment(s)
I do not normally post but we are here to help each other.
paint bar forex .tpl
PIP-F_ATRStop.ex4
PBF_iTunnel.mq4
PBF_iTunnel.ex4
PBF_OSOB.mq4
PBF_OSOB.ex4
PBF_PB_Direction.mq4
PBF_PB_Direction.ex4
PBF_Scalper_Show_Me.mq4
PBF_Scalper_Show_Me.ex4

Greenlight Jul 28, 2015 7:56am | Post# 18

I do not normally post but we are here to help each other. {file} {file} {file} {file} {file} {file} {file} {file} {file} {file}
Thank you loucam, thats really kind of you.

JackAntigua Jul 28, 2015 8:18am | Post# 19

I do not normally post but we are here to help each other. {file} {file} {file} {file} {file} {file} {file} {file} {file} {file}
Thank you loucam, I didn't have these, as I mentioned earlier I'm using a paid for version (unfortunately, could have saved myself some money !!). I'm also using Tradestation not MT4.

And just for clarification, I'm not looking for anyone to help me, but I thought it might be useful to post these setups and some might get benefit. If not, no problem.

elikon Jul 28, 2015 8:32am | Post# 20

thanks loucam

its better if you post more often

© Forex Factory