Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading is as simple as 1-2-3 (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=549745)

Davidh061 Aug 21, 2019 8:55am | Post# 8861

{quote} That DAX got the job done in the end. In the interest of clarity, I should point out that as well as the 1-2-3 entry (at the red circle), I was already in on the drop out of the Supply Zone, as a Spike-Hunt and so yes, if I was waiting on the classic 1-2-3 entry, it would have been a virtually instantaneous entry on the trigger bar, as there was as-near-as-dammit no move back towards the High. The max drop on the bar was around +18 or so. {image}
That's nice! I didn't get that and to be honest wouldn't have!

TooSlow Aug 21, 2019 1:56pm | Post# 8862

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: TOOSLOW1.png
Size: 57 KB

TooSlow Aug 23, 2019 12:15pm | Post# 8863

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: TOOSLOW1.png
Size: 57 KB

doubletop Aug 23, 2019 4:04pm | Post# 8864

2 Attachment(s)
{image}
Good evening TooSlow,

I have a question about your USDJPY trade today if I may?

I was studying your excellent post tonight and when I was evaluating your trade for my own research/study.

On the chart I have uploaded from my mt4 platform I noted on your chart the "Blue Socks - Red Caps) appear in a different place to mine!
Hope you do not mind but for ease of reading I have copied part of your chart and overlaid on to mine.

As you can see my chart is completely different and I am now wondering why, as if I am seeing false information it will adversely affect my results.
As you may be aware I stopped posting my EURJPY charts midweek as my results where very poor!

Hoping you can help,

Have a great week end, DT

*** PS: Out of interest here is the list of indicators used ***
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 20.55.04.png
Size: 160 KB
Name:  Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 21.12.44.png
Views: 475
Size:  19 KB

TooSlow Aug 24, 2019 10:48am | Post# 8865

{quote} Good evening TooSlow, I have a question about your USDJPY trade today if I may? I was studying your excellent post tonight and when I was evaluating your trade for my own research/study. On the chart I have uploaded from my mt4 platform I noted on your chart the "Blue Socks - Red Caps) appear in a different place to mine! Hope you do not mind but for ease of reading I have copied part of your chart and overlaid on to mine. As you can see my chart is completely different and I am now wondering why, as if I am seeing false information it will...
Different brokers, Mate.

doubletop Aug 24, 2019 10:57am | Post# 8866

{quote} Different brokers, Mate.
Good afternoon TooSlow,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
Throws my off a little to say the least in the sense of can I believe what I am seeing on my charts!

Cheers, DT

lemercenaire Aug 24, 2019 4:48pm | Post# 8867

{quote} Good afternoon TooSlow, Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Throws my off a little to say the least in the sense of can I believe what I am seeing on my charts! Cheers, DT
Just trade what you see in front of you, buddy. The differences even themselves out over time.

doubletop Aug 24, 2019 4:58pm | Post# 8868

{quote} Just trade what you see in front of you, buddy. The differences even themselves out over time.
Hello Lemercenaire,

Thank you for your answer, much appreciated.

I have spent most of today running over various charts on the 1 hour timeframe and must admit I now see what you mean.
As you say they all even out to win on the day.

I should have continued with my quest re trading the EURJPY for the remaining days of last week but got dismayed with it.

Onwards and upwards as they say!

Have a great week end,

Best regards, DT

kaza007 Aug 24, 2019 8:22pm | Post# 8869

{quote} Different brokers, Mate.
hi DT,
you are using the hilo arrows which gives you a cap on the days new high and a sock on the days new low. So higher highs and lower lows.

Correct me if I am wrong TS, but I believe you use Fractals or some other variant which behave differently to the hilo arrows.

Nothing to do with Brokers. Sorry TS.

doubletop Aug 25, 2019 3:47am | Post# 8870

{quote} hi DT, you are using the hilo arrows which gives you a cap on the days new high and a sock on the days new low. So higher highs and lower lows. Correct me if I am wrong TS, but I believe you use Fractals or some other variant which behave differently to the hilo arrows. Nothing to do with Brokers. Sorry TS.

Good morning Kaza007,

Many thanks for replying to my query.
As you will see from my posted chart it looks totally different to the chart from TooSlow.

TooSlow would you mind confirming for me re fractals as this may make more sense?

Best regards, DT

doubletop Aug 25, 2019 7:45am | Post# 8871

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning TooSlow,

I have now downloaded a new hi_lo fractal indicator on to my chart and as you can see my chart high low arrows seem to match yours!
On my chart I have also added the indicator list and you can see the new fractal indicator used.

Could you please confirm for me if this is correct?

Best regards, DT
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 12.44.39.png
Size: 81 KB

lemercenaire Aug 25, 2019 9:22am | Post# 8872

Good morning TooSlow, I have now downloaded a new hi_lo fractal indicator on to my chart and as you can see my chart high low arrows seem to match yours! On my chart I have also added the indicator list and you can see the new fractal indicator used. Could you please confirm for me if this is correct? Best regards, DT {image}
Without speaking for TS, others have asked the same question and been told it is unimportant and should be ignored, as the indicator is not used in the method.

I think you answered your own question latterly anyway.

We have had interesting discussions with traders from Australia, Japan and Singapore in the past, as they would have different indicator readings due to time zone differences and one of the ways we got round it for them was for them to chart using a UK-based broker but place trades on their local one.

The UK and US brokers match up pretty well and certainly doesn't bother TS when we compare our charts.

doubletop Aug 25, 2019 10:04am | Post# 8873

{quote} Without speaking for TS, others have asked the same question and been told it is unimportant and should be ignored, as the indicator is not used in the method. I think you answered your own question latterly anyway. We have had interesting discussions with traders from Australia, Japan and Singapore in the past, as they would have different indicator readings due to time zone differences and one of the ways we got round it for them was for them to chart using a UK-based broker but place trades on their local one. The UK and US brokers match...
Good afternoon Lemercenaire,

Again many thanks for your comprehensive reply, it's much appreciated.

My account is with IC Markets and must admit the generated arrows match most of the time.
But as previously posted my charts arrows looked miles away from TooSlow charts!

Also quite agree what you said previously re trade what you see and don't complicate things!

Incidentally I have been through all of the posts on this thread and can honestly say I haven't seem/read any posts relating to this particular angle.

Looking forward to next week were I will stick to my intended pair EURJPY.

Good trading,

Best regards, DT

lemercenaire Aug 25, 2019 10:40am | Post# 8874

{quote} Good afternoon Lemercenaire, Again many thanks for your comprehensive reply, it's much appreciated. My account is with IC Markets and must admit the generated arrows match most of the time. But as previously posted my charts arrows looked miles away from TooSlow charts! Also quite agree what you said previously re trade what you see and don't complicate things! Incidentally I have been through all of the posts on this thread and can honestly say I haven't seem/read any posts relating to this particular angle. Looking forward to next week...
I was meaning that traders have asked what the indicator on TS' charts is. You've figured it out anyway.

Break a leg next week!

doubletop Aug 25, 2019 10:49am | Post# 8875

{quote} I was meaning that traders have asked what the indicator on TS' charts is. You've figured it out anyway. Break a leg next week!

I do apologise, my bad

I will do my best, hope it's not both legs!

Cheers, DT

lemercenaire Aug 25, 2019 3:02pm | Post# 8876

{quote} I do apologise, my bad I will do my best, hope it's not both legs! Cheers, DT
It's a weird saying isn't it?

Get on that stage and break a leg...

If that's lucky, then is breaking two legs twice as lucky?

If so, why's it not, get on that stage and break your LEGS?!

Yes...I am bored...

TooSlow Aug 25, 2019 3:19pm | Post# 8877

{quote} hi DT, you are using the hilo arrows which gives you a cap on the days new high and a sock on the days new low. So higher highs and lower lows. Correct me if I am wrong TS, but I believe you use Fractals or some other variant which behave differently to the hilo arrows. Nothing to do with Brokers. Sorry TS.
Those have nothing to do with the method. You can trade 123 on a naked chart. Wouldn't help anyone if we posted naked charts, right Mate? Just ignore the caps and socks. CHEERS!

TooSlow Aug 25, 2019 3:22pm | Post# 8878

Good morning TooSlow, I have now downloaded a new hi_lo fractal indicator on to my chart and as you can see my chart high low arrows seem to match yours! On my chart I have also added the indicator list and you can see the new fractal indicator used. Could you please confirm for me if this is correct? Best regards, DT {image}
The indicators come from ADVANCED ALIEN CIVILIZATION TECHNOLOGY

doubletop Aug 25, 2019 3:24pm | Post# 8879

{quote} It's a weird saying isn't it? Get on that stage and break a leg... If that's lucky, then is breaking two legs twice as lucky? If so, why's it not, get on that stage and break your LEGS?! Yes...I am bored...
LOL!....

Yes I am bored too... never really figured out that well know saying either

Thats funny the chap at the end of my previous sentence has two legs too!

Take care, DT

doubletop Aug 25, 2019 3:29pm | Post# 8880

{quote} Those have nothing to do with the method. You can trade 123 on a naked chart. Wouldn't help anyone if we posted naked charts, right Mate? Just ignore the caps and socks. CHEERS!

Hi TooSlow, hope you'r having a great week end

Yes I do realise it can be traded bare ... as they say cant beat going back to nature though... LOL!

Message received loud and clear thanks, just like to sing on the same hymn sheet

Very best regards, DT

© Forex Factory