Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   My Pattern/Trend Journal (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=549591)

maxss280 Aug 11, 2015 9:42am | Post# 81

AUDCAD 5 min Bat Bat 3 Major Struct 2 RSI Divergence 1 Ratio Confirmation 1 HTF Confirmation 1 {image}
Closed AUD/CAD stuck to my rules and took a tp even though pretty sure it's going to drop back down to support.

maxss280 Aug 11, 2015 9:48am | Post# 82

Looks like I just have GBP/JPY to monitor the the rest of the day and if I get filled when my first TP is hit I will move the second half the the half position to BE. Besides that going to wallow in my own self pity for leaving those AUD trades open last night

Just kidding if your not able to pick yourself back up with a smile then you have already lost .

maxss280 Aug 11, 2015 10:07pm | Post# 83

1 Attachment(s)
EURUSD Gartly and Cypher setting up on daily

May be something to watch. Think the stops may be a bit large for me though
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 101 KB

maxss280 Aug 12, 2015 9:20am | Post# 84

Last night did some structure trades
GBPJPY was just under support and USDJPY was just above.

Went Long USDJPY and Short GBPJPY
Stopped out of USDJPY and TP was hit for GBPJPY so back in the green for this week woot!

maxss280 Aug 12, 2015 9:31am | Post# 85

1 Attachment(s)
EURUSD Stop Limit put in for the Gartly
Major Structure 2
Gartly 3
RSI oversold 1

Was only a score of 6 so opened half position and since it is a much higher time frame I only opened half of that to keep with my risk parameters in my trading plan.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 110 KB

maxss280 Aug 12, 2015 1:48pm | Post# 86

1 Attachment(s)
Got Entered into EURUSD

Also took a short on AUDCAD
Major Structure 2
Wedge Below Structure 2
RSI Divergence 1
Score five took half position
Click to Enlarge

Size: 84 KB

maxss280 Aug 12, 2015 2:39pm | Post# 87

1 Attachment(s)
Noticed my Wedge also happened to be a ugly Gartly lol That would have given me 8 and I would have been able to open a full position. Too late now though.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 87 KB

Asr1 Aug 12, 2015 3:42pm | Post# 88

{quote} Ah that is just a CTS (combined technical score) think it has a few names. Basically a checklist so you trade more consistently and less willy nilly has helped me alot. It can be whatever you want to look at for example mine is: RSI 5 20/80 Over Bought over Sold 1 RSI Divergence 1 Minor Structure 1 Major Structure 4hr Chart 2 Ratio Confirmation Fibs lining up in one point 1 HTF Confirmation 1 AB=CD completion 2 Gartley/Butterfly/Bat Completion/Cypher 3 Additional Test of Structure 1 My trading plan allows for me to open half sized position...

lol i need to work on my discipline as well ive had a few burnt fingers on my journey. thanks for the help

maxss280 Aug 12, 2015 9:58pm | Post# 89

Stopped out on my AUD/CAD
and Closed EURUSD for profit just wanted to get it off my mind lol

maxss280 Aug 13, 2015 9:44am | Post# 90

1 Attachment(s)
Not seeing much today made a small play at some consolidation last night on the USDCAD and came out for a profit.

There is a Bat forming on the GBPJPY 4hr but still some time before it would reach completion.

Just regretting closing out my EURUSD earlier lol still heading for the TP
Click to Enlarge

Size: 100 KB

maxss280 Aug 13, 2015 7:28pm | Post# 91

Long EURUSD We are setting on some Support on the 15.
Short EURGBP We are setting under Resistance on the 15.

Playing the news hopefully my stoplosses are enough to keep me in the market until the news comes out for the EUR. Not sure how much impact it will have but hopefully enough to hit my TP .

Oh the pair is fairly correlated meaning they move the same way and I am expecting the news would effect them the same. This way I don't have to be up at 1:00 am and I'll just take a loss one whichever I am wrong on. This is only the second time doing this news type trade with correlated pairs since it has to match up correctly. As long as my stops are not hit before the new or during and my TP are not to far away should be an easy win.... If there is such a thing O_o

maxss280 Aug 14, 2015 9:32am | Post# 92

Well those trades didn't go as planned. Just wasn't enough juice to hit my TP then news came out and then the rest of the news came out and did a 180 on me right for my SL XD

Live and learn lol.

Asr1 Aug 14, 2015 8:50pm | Post# 93

1 Attachment(s)
hey max, gbpusd is on the radar its it in a bit of a weird space at the moment as price is in a gartley completion zone but could also push on for a possible bearish butterfly which im hoping for, i think this pattern would get a decent score on your rating system as there are a few bits of confluence if they all align.

Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpaug.jpg
Size: 408 KB

maxss280 Aug 21, 2015 2:45pm | Post# 94

Asr1 sorry I had gotten caught up in moving to a new broker ;D that one looks like it would be outside my rules since it pulled back and closed past the 61.8 However was just shy of being a cypher on my data lol. I had stopped trading butterflies the R:R rarely worked out for me

Think I may be done with this thread for now. After working on it for awhile and keeping to my CTS the Cypher/Garlety/Bat patterns appear to be profitable at least last few months. Although they can be highly subjective but with fib ratios it can be backtested and practiced consistently. Moving on to another area of trading that I am extremely weak on... The dreaded Fundis .

Then be one step closer to getting that sports car and yacht .

Asr1 Sep 4, 2015 7:59am | Post# 95

Asr1 sorry I had gotten caught up in moving to a new broker ;D that one looks like it would be outside my rules since it pulled back and closed past the 61.8 However was ju shy of being a cypher on my data lol. I had stopped trading butterflies the R:R rarely worked out for me Think I may be done with this thread for now. After working on it for awhile and keeping to my CTS the Cypher/Garlety/Bat patterns appear to be profitable at least last few months. Although they can be highly subjective but with fib ratios it can be backtested and practiced...

Hey max

Thats a shame, thanks for the help with the cts info ive been looking into it, the fundis go right over my head at the moment unless very obvious. good luck

© Forex Factory