Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   Double MACD & Stoch strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/547479-double-macd-stoch-strategy)

venividivici Jul 1, 2015 5:20pm | Post# 1

Double MACD & Stoch strategy

2 Attachment(s)
This system is simple, it involves two different macd values as seen in the screenshot below and 8,3,3 stoch.
For there to be a valid trade both MACD's must have crossed and be on the same direction at the same time, we then look at the stoch for either overbought or oversold to get in our trade depending which direction the MACDs indicate.
When to get out of a trade? You get out when you have both MACDs and you get in a trade and one of them crosses before the other you get out.
This system may not be 100% complete but it was a brainstorm of my own ideas, so comments and suggestions are welcome.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_1.jpg
Size: 168 KB

Failed trade example

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 6772
Size:  36 KB

shg Jul 2, 2015 12:38am | Post# 2

This system is simple, it involves two different macd values as seen in the screenshot below and 8,3,3 stoch. For there to be a valid trade both MACD's must have crossed and be on the same direction at the same time, we then look at the stoch for either overbought or oversold to get in our trade depending which direction the MACDs indicate. When to get out of a trade? You get out when you have both MACDs and you get in a trade and one of them crosses before the other you get out. This system may not be 100% complete but it was a brainstorm of my...
It seems interesting...i was trying with 70,200,70...i will be joining with you...

i am using stoch 5,3,3. i will change it to 8,3,3 and will give you feedback...

thanks

venividivici Jul 2, 2015 3:31am | Post# 3

{quote} It seems interesting...i was trying with 70,200,70...i will be joining with you... i am using stoch 5,3,3. i will change it to 8,3,3 and will give you feedback... thanks
welcome aboard, great things have come out of inventions and not being stuck in evolution.

redwed Jul 15, 2015 3:42am | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
Nice idea you got here. Maybe you want to take a look at latest h1 setup on UJ.

Click to Enlarge

Name: macd&stoch.png
Size: 51 KB

I'm using

1. Original mt4's MACD and added 0.05 level on both up and down. It just to make sure that we get the volatility we want. Using the original setup 12,26,9 and blank the signal line out.
  2. Stoch with 1 TF higher. For this, 11,3,3.

I'll be posting more charts as we go on.

Thanks for the idea mate!

shg Jul 15, 2015 3:51am | Post# 5

Nice idea you got here. Maybe you want to take a look at latest h1 setup on UJ. {image} I'm using Original mt4's MACD and added 0.05 level on both up and down. It just to make sure that we get the volatility we want. Using the original setup 12,26,9 and blank the signal line out. Stoch with 1 TF higher. For this, 11,3,3. I'll be posting more charts as we go on. Thanks for the idea mate!
Well H4 stoch, you can not place the trade as soon as cross happen because it is h4 and it repaints. How it repaints? it repaints because h4 candle is not closed...so on h1 you have to wait 4 candles before placing trade...

thanks

redwed Jul 15, 2015 4:01am | Post# 6

{quote} Well H4 stoch, you can not place the trade as soon as cross happen because it is h4 and it repaints. How it repaints? it repaints because h4 candle is not closed...so on h1 you have to wait 4 candles before placing trade... thanks
Well, that's a shame.

Been using Stoch m15 on m5 chart in Genesis Matrix.

© Forex Factory