Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   MADdash (Moving Average Distance) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=545718)

919gilead May 19, 2020 12:13pm | Post# 3061

{quote} Hi gilead, how you been? Is the image below an EA and is it available for download anywhere? {image}
{quote} Is it a EA??
Hi Shiva, Chandana & Hazemhakeem

Yes it is an EA and it is not publicly available. I already answered the question here.

Thank you

Hammertop May 20, 2020 5:14pm | Post# 3062

Hello 919gilead and honestknave.
Only recently I rediscovered this thread that I had approached maybe at its very beginning but, I'm embarrassed to say, I dropped it very soon, because at the time I didn't have enough experience and I was still stupidly searching for the Holy Grail. I didn't pay the required attention (or maybe I was blind) to the nuances that were openly presented. Now, I have been looking at it with very different eyes, and I have to honestly say that I am very impressed by this indicator. Having studied with much more attention the details and the suggested strategy, I implemented my own entries and started to trade with Maddash this current week and I've to say I've had some astonishing results. For sure only 3 days are not remotely enough to evaluate a strategy and I might have been just lucky, although I have a strong conviction this is the way to go for me. So let me thank you both for making it available.
Although in a way what I'm about to suggest might sound foolish, since the layout is based on the 8 currencies versus each other, I was wondering if it could be possible to add Gold, as it's undeniably a relevant currency of its own nowadays and it does affect the global markets big time. My broker for instance offers XAUUSD, XAUAUD, and XAUEUR. I have traded Gold vs USD for ages and it can give really good pips every day. I don't know if adding it as a currency would create some imbalance in the logic, or any other problem, but it's just a suggestion and it can't hurt. At worst, if too stupid, someone will have a laugh about it.

919gilead May 20, 2020 11:42pm | Post# 3063

Hello 919gilead and honestknave. Only recently I rediscovered this thread that I had approached maybe at its very beginning but, I'm embarrassed to say, I dropped it very soon, because at the time I didn't have enough experience and I was still stupidly searching for the Holy Grail. I didn't pay the required attention (or maybe I was blind) to the nuances that were openly presented. Now, I have been looking at it with very different eyes, and I have to honestly say that I am very impressed by this indicator. Having studied with much more attention...

Thank you for your kind words Hammertop.
On adding Gold as a potential currency to the dashboard, you should document how you think this can be achieved and I am sure Honestknave will consider it. Most times it is easier for coders to consider your ideas or requests if you can explain in great details what you want done and why.
Cheers

fx11trade May 21, 2020 3:06am | Post# 3064

I know it's your thread and I wish you all the success BUT I don't see the benefit that you post your results of your EA and brag about it if you are not going to even tell us where could we buy it if even we could afford it, because I guess it won't come cheap.

All the best to you.

919gilead May 21, 2020 3:30am | Post# 3065

I know it's your thread and I wish you all the success BUT I don't see the benefit that you post your results of your EA and brag about it if you are not going to even tell us where could we buy it if even we could afford it, because I guess it won't come cheap. All the best to you.
There are different ways to inspire people and it is always the choice of each individual how you react to information. I am inspired by seeing what others have done and finding my path to doing the same thing or even better. I am also challenged and provoked to action when I hear that something is impossible and I try to give it my best to see whether it can be done (or possible).
We have all been told that it is almost impossible to succeed in this market or that only 5% succeed and I just wanted to prove to myself that it is possible. All it takes is the little extra effort that you need to put in front of ordinary to make it extraordinary. It is therefore a choice we all have to either be provoked to action, inspired to do better or misconstrue other people's motive as bragging. I have been on Forex Factory for about 10 years now and you can read through all my posts and will not find one negative comment I ever made.
Before I started posting EA results, I shared how I trade, showed detailed steps, shared live examples and answered questions for several years. All the information needed to adapt and build a good trading system is here and in other threads on FF. If this was not done and I was just posting EA results, it will be a different ball game.
I wish you all the best too.
Shalom

Hammertop May 21, 2020 4:39am | Post# 3066

{quote} Thank you for your kind words Hammertop. On adding Gold as a potential currency to the dashboard, you should document how you think this can be achieved and I am sure Honestknave will consider it. Most times it is easier for coders to consider your ideas or requests if you can explain in great details what you want done and why. Cheers
Well, my understanding is that in MADdash a strength of a currency group derives from the distance of each pair from its own ma. In the case of Gold we don't have all the other currencies for it to compete against, but only USD, EUR and AUD as far as I can see. I checked another live account with another broker and a few other demos, and that's the most I can find. Some brokers only offer gold vs USD but for their clients that could be overcome by using a demo account to load the indicator onto. I suppose, although its strength could only be compared vs 2 currencies, that would still make it reliable because if a genuine move (and so the widening distance from the MA) is caused by an underlying strength of the metal, that would have its own bearing. The best visual idea I can come up with is to add the Gold pairs to the groups where they belong to and treat them as added confirmation for strength. But I am no coder and have no practical imagination, so I can't possible suggest correctly. I do hope (and pray) that honestknave will be able to fly over my poor description and find a viable solution to add Gold. Thank you both anyways for taking my request into consideration.

I know it's your thread and I wish you all the success BUT I don't see the benefit that you post your results of your EA and brag about it if you are not going to even tell us where could we buy it if even we could afford it, because I guess it won't come cheap. All the best to you.
A little confession: when I approached this thread last week for the second time in years, I confess that by reading 9a9gilead's latest posts with his EAs results, I was tempted by your same thought, but then I dug a bit deeper and read more about his own adventure, especially the motivational post where he details it (sorry, I can't find the link just now), which I think deserves to be permanently added to the opening post. Then his above post makes it more clear (sorry for intruding)

fx11trade May 21, 2020 4:50am | Post# 3067

{quote} There are different ways to inspire people and it is always the choice of each individual how you react to information. I am inspired by seeing what others have done and finding my path to doing the same thing or even better. I am also challenged and provoked to action when I hear that something is impossible and I try to give it my best to see whether it can be done (or possible). We have all been told that it is almost impossible to succeed in this market or that only 5% succeed and I just wanted to prove to myself that it is possible....
I understand and you may be right

Will the EA be ever available for us peasant to buy or rent or whatever option or is that a 100% exclusive for you?

Hammertop May 22, 2020 6:25am | Post# 3068

1 Attachment(s)
... Another warning which you should also note on the attached dashboard is the low values on all the groups hinting that this movement will not last. We need total value above 10 for any sustained movement....
Going back to your early strategy, by total value do you mean in a group the horizontal sum of all the TF values as highlighted in the picture? In that case, that will depend on the chosen number of TFs to be displayed and anyway it would be almost impossible to see a lower value than 10. Or maybe it's the vertical value that needs to be over 10 in all TFs? Thank you
Name:  2020-05-22_11-09-50.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  24 KB

Frika May 22, 2020 6:47am | Post# 3069

Hi all,
if I have a question about a detail in coding the cs dash, is it possiple to write directly at honestknave or gilead?
Thank you and stay safe and healthy.

ea0setup May 22, 2020 12:07pm | Post# 3070

IŽd like to thank you guys for giving the chance to use (for free!) this indicator. The more I get used to it and the more I like this tool.

919gilead May 22, 2020 7:25pm | Post# 3071

{quote} Going back to your early strategy, by total value do you mean in a group the horizontal sum of all the TF values as highlighted in the picture? In that case, that will depend on the chosen number of TFs to be displayed and anyway it would be almost impossible to see a lower value than 10. Or maybe it's the vertical value that needs to be over 10 in all TFs? Thank you {image}
Yes the vertical values for each time frame

919gilead May 22, 2020 7:26pm | Post# 3072

Hi all, if I have a question about a detail in coding the cs dash, is it possiple to write directly at honestknave or gilead? Thank you and stay safe and healthy.
Hi Frika,
I am not a coder, and all coding questions and requests go to Honestknave

ohm May 22, 2020 10:43pm | Post# 3073

{quote} There are different ways to inspire people and it is always the choice of each individual how you react to information. I am inspired by seeing what others have done and finding my path to doing the same thing or even better. I am also challenged and provoked to action when I hear that something is impossible and I try to give it my best to see whether it can be done (or possible). We have all been told that it is almost impossible to succeed in this market or that only 5% succeed and I just wanted to prove to myself that it is possible....
You are really an inspiration, please keep posting, always get inspired by your blogs here http://919-gilead.blogspot.com/, thanks

bojack34 May 26, 2020 1:29am | Post# 3074

{quote} Hi Saleh, I answered the question of availability of the EA here. It is a major commercial project and still a work in progress. Thank you and God bless you too
It's better to give than to receive. Just think of all the lives you could change just by sharing your EA. If you TRULY cared about others you would share rather than just show results and give your "words of wisdom". Congrats on your success! WWJD??

919gilead May 26, 2020 2:40am | Post# 3075

{quote} It's better to give than to receive. Just think of all the lives you could change just by sharing your EA. If you TRULY cared about others you would share rather than just show results and give your "words of wisdom". Congrats on your success! WWJD??

Well quoted Bro. and trust you will be sharing than waiting to receive. I am not asking to receive and have already contributed to the development and sharing of MADdash, MADDY and MADTrader.

bojack34 May 26, 2020 9:04am | Post# 3076

{quote} Well quoted Bro. and trust you will be sharing than waiting to receive. I am not asking to receive and have already contributed to the development and sharing of MADdash, MADDY and MADTrader.
If I had what you have, I would share. You're honestly displaying your selfishness and gloating sliently along the way. WWJD? If your so religious. He would SHARE the EA! Your ALL TALK. You're the same person that says, "if I hit the lottery, I would take care of soooo many people. I would donate to charities...etc." Then as soon as it happens you forget everyone/everything that matters. You're ALL TALK!!

macosd May 28, 2020 2:11am | Post# 3077

{quote} Well quoted Bro. and trust you will be sharing than waiting to receive. I am not asking to receive and have already contributed to the development and sharing of MADdash, MADDY and MADTrader.
tnx a lot for this share and is there expiration date for Maddash?

Ultiforex Jun 1, 2020 7:31am | Post# 3078

2 Attachment(s)
Hello, I'm new here (to this thread) and very impressed by what I've seen so far.
Thank you for sharing.
Please can someone help, I have loaded the dash running on just two time frames and that seems to work fine, however despite having all the currency pairs set [True] most are not displaying a result on the dash?
I have highlighted AUDCAD as an example.Attachment 3651671
Please see attached screen shot.
Copy Log error messages attached.

Thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-06-01 logs.jpg
Size: 210 KB

retireme Jun 1, 2020 11:42pm | Post# 3079

Ultiforex

To me it doesn't look like you have enough data, in particular the log is saying that you do not have H1 data for some of the Pairs.

Rgds
RM

sandipnegi Jun 2, 2020 1:52am | Post# 3080

1 Attachment(s)
HI
Can any one help me to get below lines on MT4 Indicator

I need Lines as per Attached sheet. Everything is thr. PLease Help if possible

Thanks
Ssandeep Negi
VENGAI-2.xls

© Forex Factory