Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   Reverse Martingale strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/542835-reverse-martingale-strategy)

techlover Jun 3, 2015 12:36pm | Post# 1

Reverse Martingale strategy

Hello guys,

where ever u see any Ea or strategy u will always find a martingale strategy , we know it is a good strategy for loosing money

i am thinking why cant we try a reverse martingale strategy , here is my idea

Assume that market in in buy trend so we took buy order

Trade 1:

0.1 buy order opened

if market went up 15 pips

we moved SL of trade 1 to 10 pips

we open another trade 0.2

Trade 2:
0.2 buy opened
if market went 30 pips

we moved SL of trade 1 &2 to 25 pips

we opened another trade 0.4

Trade 3:
0.4 buy order opened
if market went 45 pips

we moved SL of trade 1 ,2&3 to 40 pips

we opened another trade 0.8

Trade 4:
0.8 buy order opened
if market went 60 pips

we moved SL of trade 1 ,2,3 &4 to 55 pips

we opened another trade 1.6

Trade 5:
1.6 buy order opened
if market went 75 pips

we moved SL of trade 1 ,2,3,4&5 to 70 pips

we opened another trade 3.2

we keep on continue this until we hit the SL , i know it will not happen easily but even if we hit it once we can hit a jackpot

if we are lucky we can get good amount of profit

What do u say guys ?

MathTrader7 Jun 3, 2015 1:25pm | Post# 2

Hi Techlover! :-)
I've heard about a similar strategy to this idea. The power of this kind of positioning is that it results in a high reward to risk ratio. I may develop an EA to backtest it.

techlover Jun 3, 2015 1:29pm | Post# 3

Hi Techlover! :-) I've heard a similar strategy to this idea. The power of this kind of positioning is that it results in a high reward to risk ratio. I may develop an EA to backtest it.

Thank you math , this is a good strategy but we cannot always win but if we win we can get good profit,

broketrader Jun 3, 2015 2:30pm | Post# 4

Hi Tech,

You only described the winning scenario, what about the losing one and the variants in between ?

In short, you should write an Ea for this to see what the backtests results are.

Also I wouldn't discourage you but the reverse martingale is an old idea that many have tried without much success more or less like the standard martingale but that shouldn't prevent you to try and even succeed.

Anyway, good luck with your venture,
BT

techlover Jun 3, 2015 2:40pm | Post# 5

Hi Tech, You only described the winning scenario, what about the losing one and the variants in between ? In short, you should write an Ea for this to see what the backtests results are. Also I wouldn't discourage you but the reverse martingale is an old idea that many have tried without much success more or less like the standard martingale but that shouldn't prevent you to try and even succeed. Anyway, good luck with your venture, BT
The loosing scenario will have only 1 trade and that too we will place a SL for that at around 10 pip

and thank you for your views, no strategy is 100% success in fx market , only thing is we shld improve the strategies to make it working

and if the all the traders have there ideas on any strategy, we can make it good

Holypendant Jun 3, 2015 11:00pm | Post# 6

u just need one good trade on trending without any pull back and u gonna make big bucks.. Imagine G/J suddenly drop/spike 200pips..

techlover Jun 4, 2015 12:06am | Post# 7

u just need one good trade on trending without any pull back and u gonna make big bucks.. Imagine G/J suddenly drop/spike 200pips..
I am waiting for Math to Create the Ea I want to back test this strategy

and we can use this in news time aswell by opening buy and sell order at same time

the the problem in front of the trader was we will allow the negative trade for long time but we will close positive in a short time with low profit

techlover Jun 4, 2015 1:38pm | Post# 8

Waiting for the Ea Math

MathTrader7 Jun 4, 2015 1:54pm | Post# 9

Waiting for the Ea Math
It is under development ;-)

techlover Jun 4, 2015 2:48pm | Post# 10

{quote} It is under development ;-)
Thank you math , I am looking to test this ea tmrw's News

hope it will be done by that time

MathTrader7 Jun 4, 2015 3:24pm | Post# 11

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the first version of the EA. The user fires Buy or Sell order, and the EA takes care of the rest.
Click to Enlarge

Name: MathTrader7_Rev_Marti_EA.png
Size: 38 KB
MathTrader7_RevMartingaleEA.ex4

sminage Jun 4, 2015 10:00pm | Post# 12

Here is the first version of the EA. The user fires Buy or Sell order, and the EA takes care of the rest. {image} {file}
Hi math thanks for your effort. I have tested in instaforex demo and live but it not take trades. in which broker you tested it.

techlover Jun 4, 2015 10:43pm | Post# 13

Here is the first version of the EA. The user fires Buy or Sell order, and the EA takes care of the rest. {image} {file}
Excellent Math Ea works perfect , have to test it live

techlover Jun 4, 2015 10:45pm | Post# 14

{quote} Hi math thanks for your effort. I have tested in instaforex demo and live but it not take trades. in which broker you tested it.
Hello sminage,

This is not Auto Ea, you have to do it live

if u want to open buy trades pres Fire buy

If you wat to open sell trades press Fire Sell

you can open both buy and sell at a time by changing Magic number

sminage Jun 4, 2015 10:59pm | Post# 15

{quote} Hello sminage, This is not Auto Ea, you have to do it live if u want to open buy trades pres Fire buy If you wat to open sell trades press Fire Sell you can open both buy and sell at a time by changing Magic number
Thank you for replay.

That i have tested but in instaforex it not worked.

but in ic market demo it worked.

MathTrader7 Jun 5, 2015 3:07am | Post# 16

The first version only works on demo accounts since it has not been tested yet.

techlover Jun 5, 2015 3:42am | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: RESULT.png
Size: 12 KB

result of lodon open today

costadelsol Jun 5, 2015 4:00am | Post# 18

Hello everybody,
Thanks Techlover for this strategy and MathTrader7 for the EA.
It is a good strategy and I shall wish if possible to apply it to my real account, it is an microaccount thus not of big risk.
Please to put the EA in real for a microaccount.
Thank you very much

SmoothTrader Jun 5, 2015 4:07am | Post# 19

Hello everybody, Thanks Techlover for this strategy and MathTrader7 for the EA. It is a good strategy and I shall wish if possible to apply it to my real account, it is an microaccount thus not of big risk. Please to put the EA in real for a microaccount. Thank you very much
Firstly, Thank You MathTrader7 for providing the EA that you developed.

I agree since I always test my EA's under live conditions. Alternatively, if you could supply the MQ4 file so that we can look at it a see if we can see any questionable logic in your EA.

Currently, I am using a couple of scripts and a Trade Manager to enter Reverse Martingale orders and manage them as they move.

GREEN pips to one and all.

goldieboy Jun 5, 2015 4:08am | Post# 20

dear math, please make it possible to be used on real account. i'm looking forward to use it on NFP news.

© Forex Factory