Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   Trapping System: Grid (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/539304-trapping-system-grid)

ChicagoRob Jun 13, 2015 11:32am | Post# 241

How about a non-hedging, FIFO-compliant version for US traders?

hewtwok Jun 13, 2015 11:38am | Post# 242

{quote} This issue is interesting. Does it still happening now?
hi im not sure. sometimes the line drew by the EA resets as i start my MT4, sometimes it uses previous line drew.

i am suspecting is my MT4 software. If i have another EA running, it may not run your gridtrap EA.

seems like my MT4 allow only 1 EA at a time
so whicheve EA come on queue faster, that EA will run

radityo.ardi Jun 13, 2015 12:01pm | Post# 243

{quote} hi im not sure. sometimes the line drew by the EA resets as i start my MT4, sometimes it uses previous line drew. i am suspecting is my MT4 software. If i have another EA running, it may not run your gridtrap EA. seems like my MT4 allow only 1 EA at a time so whicheve EA come on queue faster, that EA will run
I see...
then you can try to run grid EA alone to see if the problem because of multiple EA running. But I'm quite sure, 2 or more EA together is not recommended. The reason is that I don't know how the other EA is doing with the orders. My EA is using unique number to identify the order created by this EA. But if the other EA is not using unique number, then likely will alter the orders created by my EA.

{quote} open and close very fast
not normal I guess. See whether you are running 2 different EA on 2 different chart on the same account. The other EA sometimes could alter the behavior of this EA.

{quote} Radityo, i have 3 more questions: 1. since it's running 24hours I guess there's no use on setting the "close if no order?" 2. do you mean run GT500 on 14-23 WIB instead of 24 hours? or just for start (1st time) only? 3. I have a friend who interested to try limit order set (GT1000) on a live account, is using an ECN broker is better option than standard one? since we always try it on standard demo account...
1. Yes, no use.
2. Yes, try it. Time is also important factor that people sometimes missed.
3. As I have informed before, live account settings is same as demo account, reduce by half at the maximum. Or to be safe, by quarter or less. I had tried it on live account sometime back. Going to try it some other time.

{quote} So the outmost pending order still in pending mode at the time when EA recreate new pending order. Ok got it, thanks radityo.ardi ! Today on EURUSD, the price opened my last SELL STOP pending order, but the EA didnt create additional SELL STOP pending order. {image} {image} For your information, this cycle started at around 16:00:00 yesterday (11 June). The running time for the EA is 8:00:00 till 22:59:59. Today (12 June), the price already opened all my SELL STOP pending order. The running time for the EA is active however, no additional...
Possibly because of 1 scenario I forgot to cater on the current version. I consider this as bug.
If the trade is still open, and the current time is not in the time range, and the price is reaching more than the threshold, it will NOT re-create orders. I'll have it fixed on the next version. Just stay tuned.

{quote} Hi, only proven on the paper.. sorry I haven't saw tunnel martingale before,but just read it,really like. but I backtest EURUSD,always margin call,I fix grid size to 5,still margin call...really don't know why.if you can make an EA,will more clear to find what is the downside in there... Liu
I strongly dislike tunnel martingale, although I wrote it myself. The reason is, you can basically run 1 cycle a day. Which is still fine. The downside of tunnel martingale is the martingale concept itself.

{quote} I've written a EA does what Liu exactly said. And the result is when 10+ orders get tiggered , you'll have to open a huge lot order ,eg 50 lots,100 lots,even start with 0.01 lot. And it's so easy to get 10+ orders with a grid of 50pips. And also the commission is consume large part of profit.It will work,but not good enough,and dont last long. I've seen so many grid systems,and none of them can work in every market environment. But it does mean gird system is not good , I think we can use several optimized grid system for different market...
I do agree. I would not want to say grid is 100% good, it also has risks which was mentioned some other member in this thread.

Robertk Jun 13, 2015 6:42pm | Post# 244

Hi, first post in this topic. I am really interested in applying this EA in certain way that fits within my strategy. Is it possible for this EA to have the start of the grid not time based, but rather pre-defined price level based? I would like to have possible hedges going on at a pre-defined level, not at current price or time-based.

Perhaps this function is already build in (is "dynamic" a drag and drop red line/starting point?), but i am not able to test this because there are no incoming prices right now...

My 2nd question is related to other active pending orders(manually put into the market) / not being set by this EA. Is there an option in this EA that terminates/makes the EA inactive whenever a take-profit or SL is hit from a manual pending order by chance?

Thank you, kind regards

Alyle Jun 14, 2015 10:12am | Post# 245

2 Attachment(s)
I wanna share some of my ideas here.I mainly discuss stop order stategy here,which I am familiar with.

I suppose we all know a fatel situation of STOP order grid is that we get stuck in a grid which has many negative order,and without much more positive orders we can't get TP to get out.

To prevent that happen,we need to get out of the grid as quick as we can.There's two mothed:
1. Reduce the TP, eg from $100 to $50,or even $20, which will reduce the final gain a lot.
2. Increase the lots,eg from 0.1 to 0.2, or even 0.5, which we can get to a fixed TP in a shorter tiime but also increase the risk a lot.

When we load GT500 settings, for $10000 balance,the default dynamic lot and dynamic TP would be:
Name:  a.jpg
Views: 1341
Size:  16 KB
For $10000 balance, initial lot would be 0.3,the TP would be $100.

I make a table to show you ,when we get different negative orders ,we need how many positiive orders to get $100.
Click to Enlarge

Name: b.jpg
Size: 538 KB

As we can see:
0 negative order, 4 positive orders to get $100.
1 negative order, 5 positive orders to get $100.
2 negative orders,7 positive orders to get $100.
3 negative orders,9 positive orders to get $100.
6 negative orders,16 positive orders to get $100.
9 negative orders,23 positive orders to get $100.

Conclustion 1:The more negative orders we get, the more positive orders we need to get TP,the more chance we get stuck. I believe we've all known that. So it's important to get out of grid quickly.

Also,from the pic above,we can see:
0 negative order, the profit between 4 positive orders and 5 positive order is $60.
3 negative orders, the profit between 9 positive orders and 10 positive order is $90.
6 negative orders, the profit between 16 positive orders and 17 positive order is $150.
9 negative orders, the profit between 23 positive orders and 24 positive order is $570.

Conclustion 2:As we get more orders, we can gain more profit every 100 pips the price move.Let's say so,we can gain $100 more easily when we get more orders.But harder to gain $100,when we get less orders.

So ,in order to avoid get stuck in grid,I suggest these to get out of grid more quickly,without sacrifice too many profit:
Dynamic TP should increase as total lots we take ,not balance.
For 0.1 lot each order, 0-2 negative orders, a proper TP maybe $50.
3-4 negative orders,a proper TP maybe $100.
5 negative orders and more,a proper TP maybe $200 and more.
Of course,a max TP value is reasonable,too.

My 2 cents.

jediwarrior Jun 14, 2015 10:27am | Post# 246

My 2 cents.
Thanks Alyle!

274275025 Jun 14, 2015 11:11am | Post# 247

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I have an new idea,see attachment,this EA will auto drawing trend line,
I mean make buy/sell on stop above/below.when break out tread line,then will make right direction.
Tp is also when make fix profit then out and wait new trend line and break.

Best Regard

Liu
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.gif
Size: 28 KB
ZZ SR TL Indicator.mq4
ZZ SR TL.mq4

omar79 Jun 14, 2015 12:56pm | Post# 248

Hi all, I have an new idea,see attachment,this EA will auto drawing trend line, I mean make buy/sell on stop above/below.when break out tread line,then will make right direction. Tp is also when make fix profit then out and wait new trend line and break. Best Regard Liu {image} {file} {file}
Please my friend, we are enjoying this thread and watching it daily, don't post any indicators from other websites here in this thread, if you have a new idea that works with the main object of this thread, then we are fine, Just write it down and the experts here will take care of it. If not, then please try to appreciate the hard work these guys here are doing.

With all my respect

kofix11 Jun 14, 2015 1:23pm | Post# 249

@ 274275025

By the way there are lots of errors in this indi and ea. Sorry but it is not funny.

yemendood Jun 14, 2015 3:50pm | Post# 250

after long testing here is my opinion, gt500 and alike have almost the best settings for a grid, would be better if the step is 10 pips! but the very sad truth eventually it will wipe out your account wither you like it or not, changing the lot by half or quarter like radityo suggested will let you survive some long trades but will decrease the profit alot! and will still wipe out your account sooner or later. what would be cool is if we all try to find the safest exiting strategy, like for example, having multipe accounts and withdrawing the profits regularly so if you lose one, it wouldn`t be the worse thing, the thing about this strategy is it can work sometimes for years, but also can wipe your account in a day or the first day which is the worse case, waiting for the next version so we can test more and find the best settings!
we appreciate your work Radityo

auvergnat78 Jun 14, 2015 4:40pm | Post# 251

Hi radityo.ardi,
Thks a lot for your nice Ea and for your hard work. I want to know if you can make a new version which permit to choose buy or sell mode and to mix Limit and Stop orders in the same time ?
Best regards.
Tof

JoshuaHope Jun 14, 2015 4:44pm | Post# 252

after long testing here is my opinion, gt500 and alike have almost the best settings for a grid, would be better if the step is 10 pips! but the very sad truth eventually it will wipe out your account wither you like it or not, changing the lot by half or quarter like radityo suggested will let you survive some long trades but will decrease the profit alot! and will still wipe out your account sooner or later. what would be cool is if we all try to find the safest exiting strategy, like for example,...
I must agree with your sentiment. Key is taking profits regularly, expecting a account loss. If you can on average produce 2-3(or more lol) times your account before it blows on average...that would be a valid tactics.
Best, Josh

auvergnat78 Jun 15, 2015 5:49am | Post# 253

Hi radityo.ardi, Thks a lot for your nice Ea and for your hard work. I want to know if you can make a new version which permit to choose buy or sell mode and to mix Limit and Stop orders in the same time ? Best regards. Tof
After reading post 31, Few Limit Orders seems to answer to my query and for buy only or sell only, I can choose it on EA's parameters. I need to make a test tonight to confirm this.
Tof

chucrut Jun 15, 2015 6:29am | Post# 254

GT500 v.2, Stop Orders DateTimeType=0 DailyStartTime=08:00:00 DailyStopTime=23:59:00 StopTimeMode=1 OpenType=2 OrderOperation=0 OrderCountPerSide=4 RecreationCountPerSide=2 LimitOrdersCount=1 RecreationThreshold=140 GridStepPoints=70 CurrentPriceInterval=70 MagicNumber=8888 InitialLotsType=0 InitialLots=0.3 InitialLotsMult=0.0001 CommentInfo= ProfitTakingMode=0 TargetProfitDynamicBase=0 TargetType=0 TargetProfit=10.0 TargetProfitMult=0.004 CloseType=2 CloseMode=0 CountRunningCloseEA=0 CheckIsCorrupted=false Andres
I'm testing the settings posted from andres and it looks promising. Shorts cylces with small target, to stay in the grid less time possible.
0.3 lots for 10 $ target. My demo account is growing...
I would like to ask what settings suggest to start with a 500 $ account.
I'm trading from London Open to New York close, avoiding red news, what is the scenario that could blow up the account?
Would this work in real?

codar Jun 15, 2015 7:26am | Post# 255

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the great system!
As we dive into discussion further, we will soon get lost with all the settings. So I wanted to make a small contribution to this thread by making a table with the initial settings, posted by Mr. Radityo.
You can use this table to add your sets or to write your notes/opinions/results for the current set.
Please download this table, make changes and post in a new reply. If we always download the table from the latest reply, with time, we will have a log of every set with opinions and results.
Please don't delete anyone else's data, but rather write a comment or add a new entry.
Thanks!
PS: If possible, I would like Mr. Radityo to take a look first at the settings already in table and make changes if needed.

GTSettings.xls

radityo.ardi Jun 15, 2015 8:51am | Post# 256

Hei guys....
thanks for your support to testing it. I forgot to tell 1 important thing for GT500. It it using Exchange account (probably ECN) which actually it is 0.0 spread with commission. So, you guys need to select profit calculaction mode without commission and swap.

radityo.ardi Jun 15, 2015 8:57am | Post# 257

Hi, first post in this topic. I am really interested in applying this EA in certain way that fits within my strategy. Is it possible for this EA to have the start of the grid not time based, but rather pre-defined price level based? I would like to have possible hedges going on at a pre-defined level, not at current price or time-based. Perhaps this function is already build in (is "dynamic" a drag and drop red line/starting point?), but i am not able to test this because there are no incoming prices right now...
My 2nd question is related to other...
Hi Robert,
not sure whether I can cater your requirement. But if I can, I will give you a button to start trading, would that be enough?

{quote} After reading post 31, Few Limit Orders seems to answer to my query and for buy only or sell only, I can choose it on EA's parameters. I need to make a test tonight to confirm this. Tof
Hi, yes, you can use Few Limit Orders. Not sure whether this is a good idea. actually I was just trying.

radityo.ardi Jun 15, 2015 9:04am | Post# 258

1 Attachment(s)
My 2 cents.
Brilliant idea!!!

I thought of that too, but couldn't figure out in what "form" I should do it.
Then I should play with some dynamic series of numbers that was implemented in tunnel martingale, I guess....
Will cover that idea up, find sometime to do it and see whether it is worth to try.

after long testing here is my opinion, gt500 and alike have almost the best settings for a grid, would be better if the step is 10 pips! but the very sad truth eventually it will wipe out your account wither you like it or not, changing the lot by half or quarter like radityo suggested will let you survive some long trades but will decrease the profit alot! and will still wipe out your account sooner or later. what would be cool is if we all try to find the safest exiting strategy, like for example,...
Yes, bro.
Exitting is somewhat important. You can't get out of this cycle, it'll wait for sometime to close it out.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 124 KB

The red circle is where I was stuck at multiple negatives. While the greens are working smoothly. This is quite "normal" (I would say normal) as we are expecting this more whenever it is on holiday or off market hours, price will just go zig zag. That's why LIMIT orders are good at this hours, while STOP orders are not the match for this situation.

{quote} I'm testing the settings posted from andres and it looks promising. Shorts cylces with small target, to stay in the grid less time possible. 0.3 lots for 10 $ target. My demo account is growing... I would like to ask what settings suggest to start with a 500 $ account. I'm trading from London Open to New York close, avoiding red news, what is the scenario that could blow up the account? Would this work in real?
Spreads too big, grid is too tight, off market hours (for STOP orders), trending (for LIMIT orders), that I guess will blow your account. I know that you guys like GT500 as I do. But be realistic (and practical), GT500 is way too unrealistic in my opinion. 1000% in 77 days, so if you reduce by quarter, you'll get 250% in 77 days, or by 1/10, which is 100% in 77 days. Still a good deal, right?

Work in real or not, that depends on your measurement. As I said, I was testing it with live, but I stopped it for sometime till now. The reason is due to my VPS is too far from the nearest broker's server, so I would suspect that the grid will not be very optimal. And moreover, I've ran out of memory often in my VPS. So, I don't want to take any chance for all negative external factors.

Try to measure this, if GT500 or any settings you've tested 2-3 months working, with the same balance as in demo, try to reduce the lot size and target by half, or even better by quarter.

bivt Jun 15, 2015 10:23am | Post# 259

hello, i am new here..
i already setting my EA with initial lots 0.01, but my ea run with initial 0.03. can someone explain this ?
my demo acct starting with 500$.

second question, is it good if this EA running on currency with high ADR ? e.g GBPJPY / EURJPY, cause i think the spread is same with GU.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii288/bivt/setting%201.png

thanks
regard

pakpac Jun 15, 2015 10:48am | Post# 260

change initial lots size from dinamic to fixed

© Forex Factory