Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   Trapping System: Grid (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/539304-trapping-system-grid)

traco1 Jun 12, 2015 9:42am | Post# 221

Hi , I loaded this ea and what I see is pending orders opening and closing, this is normal ?

traco1 Jun 12, 2015 9:48am | Post# 222

Hi , I loaded this ea and what I see is pending orders opening and closing, this is normal ?
open and close very fast

slianto Jun 12, 2015 9:50am | Post# 223

2 Attachment(s)
Hi guys. Didn't manage to reply all your messages, but I will do it. I have some of the changes done such as: stop loss (of course with multiplier), fix in Dynamic Base calculation (this fix will not have any impact if you selecting Balance), some small fix related to errors. I can't continue coding during weekend, since my latest source code was lost a few days ago. Will start again with all the fixes by Monday once I recover it. Happy to see my GT500 has reached 1000% profit for 77 days! It is too bad is just for demo...
Hi Radityo,
thanks for your hard works! too bad you lost your source code.. I hope you can managed it!

Btw, any idea why my GT500 is generate negative result?different from yours... I use your GT500 original files *unchanged at all* on tickmill too.
VPS different shouldn't be that much effect I guess?

pls see screenshot below:

Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 10 KB

my GT500 set from your attached file:
Name:  Image2.png
Views: 1295
Size:  121 KB

any clue why the result is so different?

radityo.ardi Jun 12, 2015 9:50am | Post# 224

hi radityo, attach is a screen shot of EURUSD which i restarted the Mt4. it seems the buy lot is quite far away from the current price, buy at 1.20421 even though current price is floating around 1.1350 (which is about 692 pips away) my settings shows i select current price interval 10 and grid step 10. is this normal? seems everytime i ran the EA it has different behaviour. btw does it matter which timeframe the chart we looking at? or it will affect the EA depending on the timeframe? thx. {image}
This issue is interesting. Does it still happening now?

jediwarrior Jun 12, 2015 9:53am | Post# 225

{quote} Simple thing to say is, Let us say your threshold is 50 points (5 pips for 5 digit). Which means, threshold price (this ia a new term) is calculated from the outer orders (both upper and lower section) shrinked by 50 points. If the current price is outside of these threshold price boundaries, then EA will recreate (add new additional orders) on the outer grid. Which means that for STOP orders will prevent such scenario, whereby all pending orders are changed to open orders, you'll have another pending orders recreated for you.
Hello, need some clarification here from radityo.ardi or anyone who have tested this.

If Open Type: Dynamic Recreation by Threshold is enabled, the EA will only recreate new additional orders when ALL pending order has already changed to open orders.. is it correct?

Regards
Anakin

radityo.ardi Jun 12, 2015 9:58am | Post# 226

{quote} Hi Radityo, thanks for your hard works! too bad you lost your source code.. I hope you can managed it! Btw, any idea why my GT500 is generate negative result?different from yours... I use your GT500 original files *unchanged at all* on tickmill too. VPS different shouldn't be that much effect I guess? pls see screenshot below: {image} my GT500 set from your attached file: {image} any clue why the result is so different?
What I observed, it is due to many factor.
Although my GT500 is same as yours, it doesn't mean will produce the same result. Why?

Because imagine I'm currently running XXXX number of cycles since start, while you probably X number of cycles. If 5 minutes ago my cycle closed, it doesn't mean yours will also be closed. Yours can be closed at some point of time later, or this time on when the chart is moving.

Let us say, your cycle closes now, my cycle is not closing. And because of the different time in starting the cycle, there may be a differences also in the starting price of a cycle. This also impacting in the behavior of the closure of the cycle.

So there will be differences although we are using the same setting. But, I think the result (percentage) will be (nearly) the same.

slianto Jun 12, 2015 10:05am | Post# 227

{quote} What I observed, it is due to many factor. Although my GT500 is same as yours, it doesn't mean will produce the same result. Why? Because imagine I'm currently running XXXX number of cycles since start, while you probably X number of cycles. If 5 minutes ago my cycle closed, it doesn't mean yours will also be closed. Yours can be closed at some point of time later, or this time on when the chart is moving. Let us say, your cycle closes now, my cycle is not closing. And because of the different time in starting the cycle, there may be a differences...
that's what i thought too. because we start it on different time.
so we have different cycle... especially with 100 pending orders...

ah... so this strategy dangerous enough if we start it on the wrong time ( also i check your GT500 drawdown is 44.8%.. hmmm too risky? )

as i remember I start it on Sunday night, so the EA runs on Monday morning.... then I realize... stop order isn't good on slow market (asian)...
maybe I will try to make it start at London open...

and about GT1000 (Limit order) what do you think if we implement the new feature "close if no order" ?
do you think it's a good idea?

radityo.ardi Jun 12, 2015 10:14am | Post# 228

Radityo, (or anyone else who may know...) Could you please explain the different Close Type settings / exactly how the EA knows when to close orders? Many thanks, ytrader07
I have explained, but I think this is interesting to be re-explained.

Target Based (standard): It will close the order only when Target or Stop Loss (new in the next version) is reached.

Right in Start Point or Target Based: It will close when the Target or Stop Loss is reached, that is one condition. Another condition, it will close also when the current Bid and Ask price is touching the middle point (the Bid and Ask price where the cycle was started). This setting is useful when you use LIMIT orders, not with STOP.

All Orders Opened or Target Based: This setting is meant for testing actually. So, same for Target Based. Another condition, it will close also when all pending orders are opened. Which means you have no "bullet" left and will stuck there, then it will close all orders.

kofix11 Jun 12, 2015 10:16am | Post# 229

@radityo.ardi
Please, can you place a picture of your GT500 set file?
Thanks !

radityo.ardi Jun 12, 2015 10:17am | Post# 230

{quote} that's what i thought too. because we start it on different time. so we have different cycle... especially with 100 pending orders... ah... so this strategy dangerous enough if we start it on the wrong time ( also i check your GT500 drawdown is 44.8%.. hmmm too risky? ) as i remember I start it on Sunday night, so the EA runs on Monday morning.... then I realize... stop order isn't good on slow market (asian)... maybe I will try to make it start at London open... and about GT1000 (Limit order) what do you think if we implement the new feature...
Yes, I have emphasized before, it is too risky.
If you feel that way, probably reduce the lot size and target by half.
Since time settings is already there, try to use it to start around 14:00 WIB to 23:00 WIB.

{quote} Hello, need some clarification here from radityo.ardi or anyone who have tested this. If Open Type: Dynamic Recreation by Threshold is enabled, the EA will only recreate new additional orders when ALL pending order has already changed to open orders.. is it correct? Regards Anakin
That is Dynamic Recreation (All Orders).

By Threshold means that if it reaches XX points from the outer grid, it will recreate.

slianto Jun 12, 2015 10:38am | Post# 231

{quote} Yes, I have emphasized before, it is too risky. If you feel that way, probably reduce the lot size and target by half. Since time settings is already there, try to use it to start around 14:00 WIB to 23:00 WIB
Radityo,
i have 3 more questions:

1. since it's running 24hours I guess there's no use on setting the "close if no order?"
2. do you mean run GT500 on 14-23 WIB instead of 24 hours? or just for start (1st time) only?
3. I have a friend who interested to try limit order set (GT1000) on a live account,
is using an ECN broker is better option than standard one? since we always try it on standard demo account...

jediwarrior Jun 12, 2015 11:14am | Post# 232

2 Attachment(s)
That is Dynamic Recreation (All Orders). By Threshold means that if it reaches XX points from the outer grid, it will recreate.
So the outmost pending order still in pending mode at the time when EA recreate new pending order.

Ok got it, thanks radityo.ardi !

Today on EURUSD, the price opened my last SELL STOP pending order, but the EA didnt create additional SELL STOP pending order.

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2.jpg
Size: 473 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.jpg
Size: 252 KB

For your information, this cycle started at around 16:00:00 yesterday (11 June).
The running time for the EA is 8:00:00 till 22:59:59.

Today (12 June), the price already opened all my SELL STOP pending order. The running time for the EA is active however, no additional sell pending order were created.

DateTimeType=1
DailyStartTime=08:00:00
DailyStopTime=22:59:59
StopTimeMode=1
OpenType=2
OrderOperation=0
OrderCountPerSide=15
RecreationCountPerSide=10
LimitOrdersCount=1
RecreationThreshold=225
GridStepPoints=75
CurrentPriceInterval=75
MagicNumber=8888
InitialLotsType=0
InitialLots=0.02
InitialLotsMult=0.0001
CommentInfo=
ProfitTakingMode=0
TargetProfitDynamicBase=0
TargetType=0
TargetProfit=0.1
TargetProfitMult=0.004
CloseType=2
CloseMode=0
CountRunningCloseEA=0
CheckIsCorrupted=false

Regards

yemendood Jun 12, 2015 12:29pm | Post# 233

{quote} So the outmost pending order still in pending mode at the time when EA recreate new pending order. Ok got it, thanks radityo.ardi ! Today on EURUSD, the price opened my last SELL STOP pending order, but the EA didnt create additional SELL STOP pending order. {image} {image} For your information, this cycle started at around 16:00:00 yesterday (11 June). The running time for the EA is 8:00:00 till 22:59:59. Today (12 June), the price already opened all my SELL STOP pending order. The running time for the EA is active however, no additional...
Yes I've also noticed that, also close all when all orders are opened didn't seem to work at first, which I managed to fix! but Recreation seems to also have a bug. while testing it only managed to work once but not the other 10 times

slianto Jun 12, 2015 1:16pm | Post# 234

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, My GT500 forward demo is stopped out.
too risky IMO...maybe lower the order count and/or lower the target will help..

Name:  Image1.png
Views: 1235
Size:  5 KB

274275025 Jun 12, 2015 1:49pm | Post# 235

{quote} Hi Liu, is this strategy is proven? It seems totally different than grid concept, even more like tunnel martingale I wrote a few months ago..?? Correct me if I'm wrong.. {quote} Still virgin. Even that setting was generated from GT500. Never been changed, till now. {quote} That is correct, if no open order, it will close all. If one exist, it will not close.

Hi,

only proven on the paper..
sorry I haven't saw tunnel martingale before,but just read it,really like.
but I backtest EURUSD,always margin call,I fix grid size to 5,still margin call...really don't know why.if you can make an EA,will more clear to find what is the downside in there...

Liu

Bernhard Jun 12, 2015 3:07pm | Post# 236

{quote} Target Based (standard): It will close the order only when Target or Stop Loss (new in the next version) is reached.
Yes i will be very interested when you have add TP and SL. This is essential for next level. And it will work... even better.

IgotAplan Jun 12, 2015 10:51pm | Post# 237

TP exists and SL is not essencial because the risk is equal to the number of traps you set. Once all was triggered the lost will be always stable no matter where the market goes. The only diference is that with a SL the system will restart the trades and without you will have to do it manually. I like to do manually because i can understand what went wrong.

A feature that i would LOVE to have is been able to use the system in multiple pairs at the same time. I tested in other pairs and i liked the results on GBPUSD and USDJPY too, because it works best in low spreads pairs, the others not so much. But i could not use in multiple pairs simultaneously in the same account.

The reason is that i like to diversify the risk and trading the system in a basket maybe its possible to increase the leverage without increasing the risk so much (or at least concentrate).

Great work and potential here. Cheers

Alyle Jun 13, 2015 2:30am | Post# 238

{quote} Hi Liu, is this strategy is proven? It seems totally different than grid concept, even more like tunnel martingale I wrote a few months ago..?? Correct me if I'm wrong.. {quote} Still virgin. Even that setting was generated from GT500. Never been changed, till now. {quote} That is correct, if no open order, it will close all. If one exist, it will not close.
I've written a EA does what Liu exactly said. And the result is when 10+ orders get tiggered , you'll have to open a huge lot order ,eg 50 lots,100 lots,even start with 0.01 lot. And it's so easy to get 10+ orders with a grid of 50pips. And also the commission is consume large part of profit.It will work,but not good enough,and dont last long.

I've seen so many grid systems,and none of them can work in every market environment. But it does mean gird system is not good , I think we can use several optimized grid system for different market environment.

274275025 Jun 13, 2015 4:47am | Post# 239

{quote} I've written a EA does what Liu exactly said. And the result is when 10+ orders get tiggered , you'll have to open a huge lot order ,eg 50 lots,100 lots,even start with 0.01 lot. And it's so easy to get 10+ orders with a grid of 50pips. And also the commission is consume large part of profit.It will work,but not good enough,and dont last long. I've seen so many grid systems,and none of them can work in every market environment. But it does mean gird system is not good , I think we can use several optimized grid system for different market...

how it's work on AUDNZD?more stable than other currency..
can you share your EA?

Cheer

Liu

Alyle Jun 13, 2015 11:15am | Post# 240

{quote} how it's work on AUDNZD?more stable than other currency.. can you share your EA? Cheer Liu
Sure,but after several weeks backtest,also I did add some filter parametas.I don't think it's a stable,potential EA ,since the flaw of that stategy (huge lot order) which I said before.

Since it's not a good EA,and I think we should focus on radityo.ardi's Trapping Grid System,I'll PM you.

By the way,I also have another EA ,which logic similar as the STOP order,but not so good as radityo.ardi's.But I want some thoughts later maybe could help.

© Forex Factory