Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   My Trading Life (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=538457)

MarkChew May 5, 2015 5:57am | Post# 1

Hi all, Thanks for stopping by my corner.

turboane May 5, 2015 9:51am | Post# 2

Yes, Hong Kong is good, no capital gain tax.
I think?!

MarkChew May 5, 2015 11:48am | Post# 3

Yes, Hong Kong is good, no capital gain tax. I think?!
Yes turboane, Hong Kong is capital gains tax free. However, I came from another expensive and capital gains tax free country, Singapore. So it doesnt really make a big difference for me.

MarkChew May 6, 2015 10:33pm | Post# 4

A little more about my style :

GMMA
Stochastics
Macd

Main Timeframes : 30m , 1Hour , 4 hours
Occasionally: Daily , Weekly

Intraday trading with no more than 2 trades per day.

Pairs watched: Which ever pair from my broker that is below 4 pips.

MarkChew May 7, 2015 11:55pm | Post# 5

Must Watch !

Inserted Video

SmoothTrader May 8, 2015 12:53am | Post# 6

Brings back so many memories....loved those days.

It took quite a while to transition from floor trading to trading in front of screens, but now I am able to trade from virtually anywhere in the world. Gotta love it.

GREEN pips to one and all.

MarkChew May 8, 2015 1:40am | Post# 7

{quote} Brings back so many memories....loved those days. It took quite a while to transition from floor trading to trading in front of screens, but now I am able to trade from virtually anywhere in the world. Gotta love it. GREEN pips to one and all.

MarkChew May 8, 2015 3:51am | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
GBP CAD up next few weeks ?

Yes / No ?

Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpcad.jpg
Size: 98 KB

turboane May 8, 2015 7:25pm | Post# 9

GBP CAD up next few weeks ? Yes / No ? {image}
It looks that way.
But a retracement can happen before the movement.

MarkChew May 9, 2015 2:38am | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
I have received some private messages asking for hints to help other traders just starting out. Here is something , I would like to share which during my 'lost' years, I conducted my own research and made an excel sheet of random numbers. This is just pure maths , nothing to do with any gambling or any related games.

I have attached an excel screen shot which I post to another forex forum many years ago.

I have used the maths random function in the excel work book. As you can see there are many reds and some reds are all clustered together. (8 losses in a row).

I think the function I used was rand 3 and 2( please google ) , meaning my account would have increase up to 3 per cent per trade and loss up to 2 percent per trade. Over all the simulation was about 10000 trades forgot how many rows did i extrapolated to, but you can see the equity trend line is positive.

Moral of the story : Have an good Risk Reward Ratio and God's mathematics will favor you
Click to Enlarge

Name: Excel.png
Size: 238 KB

MarkChew May 9, 2015 2:50am | Post# 11

Another video for those starting out.

Inserted Video

limzy May 9, 2015 3:35am | Post# 12

Hi Mark,

its good to see another trader hailing from singapore, although im still not quite there yet..lol

just out of curiosity, you've migrated?

also, would like to ask about your risk for each trade?

MarkChew May 9, 2015 4:04am | Post# 13

Hi Lim,

I married and had to move but still considering to come back to Singapore in the long run as I believe our medical system is much better (personal bias) and better air, lesser stinking drainages..... some things money just can't buy.

I am a high risker - 10 percent. But if you are just starting out better keep it to 1-2 percent. Mine was slowly build up from 2 then 5 then 10. Have done 20 but that blew up my account many years back - so for my personal system ~ 10 and below is best.

Taha.M May 9, 2015 4:36am | Post# 14

Congratulations you can make it, I am on verge of making it, only thing I need is to control my greed, I have a perfect trading model and capability, within next 2 months by GOD willing I shall reach my goals and financial freedom.

and its good to know some one else could also make it.

limzy May 9, 2015 6:21am | Post# 15

Hi Lim, I married and had to move but still considering to come back to Singapore in the long run as I believe our medical system is much better (personal bias) and better air, lesser stinking drainages..... some things money just can't buy. I am a high risker - 10 percent. But if you are just starting out better keep it to 1-2 percent. Mine was slowly build up from 2 then 5 then 10. Have done 20 but that blew up my account many years back - so for my personal system ~ 10 and below is best.
Hi Mark,

yea there is no place like home..despite its costs singapore has still a pleasant environment .

okay thanks for enlightening me on your risk profile....but with such high risks you must have been super selective on your trades (meaning the best setups a few times each month)?

would also like to find out from you about your risk:reward ratio for your system and your win rate(so i can gauge what its like before i can go full time as well )

Thanks for the tips!

MarkChew May 10, 2015 11:02pm | Post# 16

{quote} Hi Mark, yea there is no place like home..despite its costs singapore has still a pleasant environment . okay thanks for enlightening me on your risk profile....but with such high risks you must have been super selective on your trades (meaning the best setups a few times each month)? would also like to find out from you about your risk:reward ratio for your system and your win rate(so i can gauge what its like before i can go full time as well ) Thanks for the tips!

yes , I try and understand weekly and daily, find a pull back on the 4 hour 1 hour charts. Below that its quite 'noisy' for my current stage of trading.

For RR , my loss is 2 USD , win is 2 - 15 USD. Of cos the main bulk of it will be 2 - 6 USD and the 10 - 15 USD days will be not as often.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway ,

On a side note, I would like to point out that I do seek out other meaningful projects , be it business or church , to fulfill my time in Hong Kong.

When you say full time, I presume that your mind is associating to the positive side of things , as profits tend to infinity , or full timers are better off than part timers.

How about every day dealing with my wins and losses on daily basis , emotional ups and downs is not as positive as people imagine it out to be .

Setups and RR might be the basics but not the whole pictures. Just like Sex , Trading is a mind game too. You master all the positions in karmasutra or forexsutra doesn't give exemplary performance. Other aspects of managing your life and taking the risk mentally , how are you going to grow in this game counts and how you are using this business to make your life more fulfilled or meaningful might be other areas that you would want to consider.

MarkChew May 13, 2015 11:57pm | Post# 17

Inserted Video

MarkChew May 20, 2015 11:36pm | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
My biases for this coming weeks / month.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Picture.png
Size: 333 KB

MarkChew May 22, 2015 6:21am | Post# 19

Ironfx Scam chinese TV

Inserted Video

Moral of the story : Never piss off your clients till you end up on national TV.

Thank God I don't use IRONFX and I am not from china. I did try calling IronFX once to check them out. After this video..... who will dare??

小心啊 !

MarkChew Jun 2, 2015 5:28am | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
I am running a vps with 4 virtual processors xeon x5560 2.8ghz 16 gb ram.

It seems I have plenty of space with the ram but after launching 6 instances of MT4 I am already at 40 to 50% cpu.

Does any one have an idea how am I going to break 20 instances of MT4 ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: server.png
Size: 70 KB

© Forex Factory