Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Higher Edge within a Single Candlestick (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=533279)

acetrader Dec 30, 2017 5:00pm | Post# 1981

For better or worse - this topic has become in my eyes, something to follow. Keep the discussing going guys...and happy New Year!

Welcome Aboard Almo. Read & learn, but rest assured CrucialPoint is the only one that knows what he is doing with his method. Others are "Speculating" (NO Pun Intended)& some may truly have discovered what he is doing, but I doubt they have & that
includes ME. What I have discovered from all of the many posts from CrucialPoint is something that is working very well for me.
I discovered it from one of CrucialPoint's post that really has nothing to do with what I discovered, but that post got me to
pondering what he said & it led to what I discovered. Its NOT THE HOLY GRAIL, but it is working for me. The reason it is working for me is because it is so simple a 12 year old could do it once you show them. It requires NO TRADITIONAL INDICATORS. Seek out CrucialPoint's thread & read all he posted. Will you discovered what he is doing? Don't know, but you just might. From the
chart he post on this thread it appears complicated, but may not.

Best wishes to you in quest for knowledge. "It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

"Happy New Year"

CARP.BLUFFS Jan 1, 2018 3:05pm | Post# 1982

Spiritual Weight Training and Becoming a Peaceful Warrior with Dan Millman and Lewis Howes

Inserted Video

almo Jan 1, 2018 4:08pm | Post# 1983

{quote} Welcome Aboard Almo. Read & learn, but rest assured CrucialPoint is the only one that knows what he is doing with his method. Others are "Speculating" (NO Pun Intended)& some may truly have discovered what he is doing, but I doubt they have & that includes ME. What I have discovered from all of the many posts from CrucialPoint is something that is working very well for me. I discovered it from one of CrucialPoint's post that really has nothing to do with what I discovered, but that post got me to pondering what he said & it led to what I...
Thank you AceTrader!

I seriously doubt I will be able to figure out what CP was doing, but I do look forward to the challenge. Glad to hear that you were able to use some of CP's nuggets of wisdom within your own trading.

So.....here is where I am at , and what I hope to find. Some of you may have already found it, others may still be on the same quest. And yet there are others that willl likely berate me for bothering to pursue this, which I understand. Its all good

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...29#post3827929

CP mentioned quite a few things here he intended on discussing
Specifically
I wanted to introduce a newer concept on understanding the price/charts:

1. Trading without the use of any historical data.
  2. How to read any chart and know where the opportunity lies.
  3. The real working nature of charts.
  4. To explain how the highly successful traders were unable to explain.
  5. A guaranteed edge (for all eternity) in all market conditions without all the fluffs.

Now it seems to me that this very discussion answered points 1 , 2 and 3.

I have no idea re: #4, but I suspect somewhere out in his 700+ posts, there is something , so that is what I will be researching

and then lastly #5 - this one I have a hard time with. For someone who was able to render down all the data down to one candle, and yet posts multiple posts with indicators....there seems to be something I am missing. I know what he said as to why he uses them ( cant find the specific post at the moment, but its within this topic) , but I think there has to be something else...

acetrader Jan 1, 2018 6:01pm | Post# 1984

Hi almo. Your most welcome. It appears your hot on the trail that CrucialPoint left behind. Copy that trail so you can read it away from the glare of the screen. That worked better for me. Yellow highlight areas of interest. CrucialPoint reminds me of the elusive trail our friend Gann left behind. Many have been pursuing his well encrypted methods for years. Not really sure what Crucial is doing, but his chart looks covered with whatever is guiding him. If Crucial shared (which he said he wouldn't) his method most would probably never be successful trading it. That includes me. For me methods that I put together always works the best over the long term. Keep reading & you just might discover what Old Crucial has behind the curtain. Speaking of behind the curtain.......The Wizard behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz was offering only elusions to Dorothy & friends. What CrucialPoint is sharing just might be an elusion to EVERYONE, but CrucialPoint.

Best wishes to you in your quest for the TRUTH.

VEEFX Jan 6, 2018 6:56pm | Post# 1985

Happy New Year to all our esteemed members of FoolsFactory!

There is ONLY ONE Edge necessary for every Strategy and across all markets regardless of your years of trading experience, knowledge or understanding.

G(F)

"GET IT DONE (WITH FOCUS)" !!!!!

THIS IS THE KEY INGREDIENT TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS IN 2018. YOU AND ONLY YOU CAN FORCE THIS YEAR TO BE THE LAST YEAR OF STRUGGLE WITH TRADING.

STOP THE SPECULATION OF WHAT CRUCIALPOINT DOES, DEFINE YOUR OWN GOALS AND OBJECTIVES AND GET TO WORK WITH DISCIPLINE AND FOCUS. THERE IS NO SHORT CUT TO SUCCESS! LET THIS YEAR BE THE YEAR OF EXECUTION.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! MAY THE $ANGEL OF TRADING CAST HER MERCY AND GLORY INTO OUR TRADING ACCOUNTS

diceman555 Jan 7, 2018 1:28pm | Post# 1986

Happy New Year to all our esteemed members of FoolsFactory! There is ONLY ONE Edge necessary for every Strategy and across all markets regardless of your years of trading experience, knowledge or understanding. G(F) "GET IT DONE (WITH FOCUS)" !!!!! THIS IS THE KEY INGREDIENT TO ACHIEVE SUCCESS IN 2018. YOU AND ONLY YOU CAN FORCE THIS YEAR TO BE THE LAST YEAR OF STRUGGLE WITH TRADING. STOP THE SPECULATION OF WHAT CRUCIALPOINT DOES, DEFINE YOUR OWN GOALS AND OBJECTIVES AND GET TO WORK WITH DISCIPLINE AND FOCUS. THERE IS NO SHORT CUT TO SUCCESS! LET...
The wonderful thing about life is that the each and every single person is unique in I ones genitical DNA. Our thought process differs from those around you.sucsess for one is measured very differently to another.the two key points from this are quite profound.

Quoting crucialpoint

ANY SYSTEM needs at least 3 Different confirmations.
Fundamental + MA + Sentiments = Correct
Sentiments + Arbitrary + Price Action = Correct
Currency strength + Fundamental + Inside information = Correct
Volume + Sentiments + Fibs = Correct

agree with it. I have several post that indirect refers to it. About transcribing thought and ideas into another form. Transcribing anything into anything.
Transcribing any indicator into any other indicator. Its how I understood and how all things are related and can see all relationships between one another.
It is how I can take one concept from one idea and transcribe it into trading. How a predator hunts its prey and transcribe it into trading. How a sniper is also transcribed into a trader.

AS veefx has said it's possible for others to find a direction unique to themselves but they must incorporate certain understanding of these two quotes and understand many others which are not trying to find some secret code .but again I quote the 2nd quote which helps imensly.

take on board the guidance and create your own path that fits your gentical make up

!iii! Jan 10, 2018 9:04am | Post# 1987

1 Attachment(s)
I am of the firm belief, that 90% win rate scalping day in day out on tick charts (as CP claims somewhere) is not doable for a human - the tools he is using must have an edge. He might have gotten really fast at applying his tools, but HE is NOT the edge.

My initial take is that he is using the Influx indicator for the 2 MAs on the compressed tick chart and then calculates derivatives of Influx, similar to the greeks (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeks_(finance)).

First comment: he is most certainly not using tick charts, unless his broker is a snail. I'm using Pepperstone with a rather normal tick feed and there I get over 150 ticks per minute from the FRA/LON through the NYO trading sessions. My screen can display around 1,400 bars at the most compressed zoom level, so that's about 9 minutes of ticks...his charts show approx. 1 hour of price feed.

I will try to reconstruct his trading screen and occasionally report back here.
Influx.mq4

!iii! Jan 10, 2018 6:19pm | Post# 1988

My tests today suggest CP is using range bars :

1. The compression of the feed to allow the display of over an hour of price information on one screen speaks against pure tick charts.
  2. Looking at the upper window of the screenshots he posted, there are no spread spikes between the light blue upper and lower price bands, hence suggesting it is not spread we are looking at.
  3. The irregular periods on the time axis under the upper window of his screenshots also suggest changing speeds of price plot.
  4. Given he is a scalper, range bars make perfect sense as they form and progress with increasing volatility rather than accumulation of ticks or time.

I will therefore use range bars to base the indicator tests on.

artem_t Jan 11, 2018 2:58am | Post# 1989

My tests today suggest CP is using range bars : The compression of the feed to allow the display of over an hour of price information on one screen speaks against pure tick charts. Looking at the upper window of the screenshots he posted, there are no spread spikes between the light blue upper and lower price bands, hence suggesting it is not spread we are looking at. The irregular periods on the time axis under the upper window of his screenshots also suggest changing speeds of price plot. Given he is a scalper, range bars make perfect sense as...
Don't waste your time on range bars (I mean regarding trying to figure out what CP does - not range bars in general).
CP uses tick charts from FXCM via their Trading Station platform.

!iii! Jan 11, 2018 6:39am | Post# 1990

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Don't waste your time on range bars (I mean regarding trying to figure out what CP does - not range bars in general). CP uses tick charts from FXCM via their Trading Station platform.
Is that because you know or because he said so? He speaks in riddles and very often deliberately not precise at all, e.g. you don't overlay a 30 min and 90 min MA onto a tick chart, because there is no stable relation between a tick and a minute - besides the fact that both those MA wouldn't move in a meaningful way.

Attached a screenshot of my initial tests based on 2 point range bars.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDM1.png
Size: 58 KB

artem_t Jan 11, 2018 8:14am | Post# 1991

{quote} Is that because you know or because he said so? {image}
I said that because I know it for sure.

{quote} e.g. you don't overlay a 30 min and 90 min MA onto a tick chart, because there is no stable relation between a tick and a minute - besides the fact that both those MA wouldn't move in a meaningful way. {image}
In Trading Station you can add MAs from 1min on tick charts.

VEEFX Jan 13, 2018 6:14pm | Post# 1992

{quote} I said that because I know it for sure. {quote} In Trading Station you can add MAs from 1min on tick charts.
Agree. I have traded on TS2 for over a decade. Its the best platform from FXCM. Zooming on ticks is available like no other platform. CP already confirmed this style is not going to be equally profitable on MT4. Waste of time but worth a try imo. There is no edge except in microscopic scale between lag and nonlag. He will fail outside of tick charts.end of discussion!

!iii! Jan 14, 2018 12:45pm | Post# 1993

{quote} Agree. I have traded on TS2 for over a decade. Its the best platform from FXCM. Zooming on ticks is available like no other platform. CP already confirmed this style is not going to be equally profitable on MT4. Waste of time but worth a try imo. There is no edge except in microscopic scale between lag and nonlag. He will fail outside of tick charts.end of discussion!
I'm wondering how many ticks a GBPUSD 1 min bar contains at FXCM - CP's charts don't look compressed, at all, hence my doubt about the light blue bands being Ask and Bid prices. I have traded with FXCM for a while, and their spread is also far from being stable nor very narrow.

Either way, I'm giving each tick a time stamp in MT4 and can thereby overlay time based moving averages on all sorts of chart types: be it pure ticks, range bar or time based bars. It should be visible eventually, if mixing dimensions in a non-linear fashion is the basis for CP's magic.

zznbrm Jan 14, 2018 3:56pm | Post# 1994

1 Attachment(s)
Without dimensional overlay
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpusd4.PNG
Size: 58 KB

!iii! Jan 14, 2018 4:15pm | Post# 1995

Without dimensional overlay {image}
Did you use 1 sec bars then?

The Influx lines "feel" slightly different from what I saw on CP's charts - are they just different period combinations?
The inflection points on CP's charts seemed to line up more, hence my initial guess at derivatives rather than different periods.

zznbrm Jan 14, 2018 7:00pm | Post# 1996

{quote} Did you use 1 sec bars then? The Influx lines "feel" slightly different from what I saw on CP's charts - are they just different period combinations? The inflection points on CP's charts seemed to line up more, hence my initial guess at derivatives rather than different periods.
Yes 1 second.

Same period combinations...but without the dimension-specific multipliers.

!iii! Jan 15, 2018 12:31pm | Post# 1997

{quote} Yes 1 second. Same period combinations...but without the dimension-specific multipliers.
You're indeed close except for the orange influx. Nevertheless, no magic to be seen here, yet. Still searching.

GoldenFinger Jan 15, 2018 7:33pm | Post# 1998

Without dimensional overlay {image}
Hi zznbrm, are the value on the bottom right pip value or standard deviation?

I created this kind of indicator based on tick chart before, the indicator can only be used in certain time, when signal triggerred and have carry through effect, most of the time, the indicator will randomly touch trigger point and snap back.

Do you also combine signal from other pair? or just one pair?

regards

GoldenFinger Jan 15, 2018 7:48pm | Post# 1999

Hi all

For anyone who have a strong desire to know CP method, there is someone willing to teach, someone who already know and trade with the method, but it comes with a price, I am just wondering if anyone want to share the cost and bear some of the risk, if you want to know more, pm me.

regards

acetrader Jan 15, 2018 8:07pm | Post# 2000

Hi all For anyone who have a strong desire to know CP method, there is someone willing to teach, someone who already know and trade with the method, but it comes with a price, I am just wondering if anyone want to share the cost and bear some of the risk, if you want to know more, pm me. regards

Hi GoldFinger, From all the previous interest in what Ole CP is doing you'll probably need to hire an assistant to help answer all the PM's that should
be flooding your box by now. I just don't think the Cat's Out Of the Bag though. Of course I may be wrong, but I wish you the best with your
discovery. Crucial Point might have just shared to much.

© Forex Factory