Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Floating Charts mt4 (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=531848)

Contrax Mar 19, 2015 6:38pm | Post# 1

Floating Charts mt4

Hello im looking for how i can Float my Charts to other monitors. The only way i can do this its expanding all the MT4 program.... but i want to do it only the chart window. Anyone know how i can do that? Thank you.

Shabs19 Mar 19, 2015 7:02pm | Post# 2

Why don't you google the heading ?

FerruFx Mar 19, 2015 8:10pm | Post# 3

You should find a script called "undock chart" ...

justin7 Mar 19, 2015 8:24pm | Post# 4

I would be interested in this as well

cja Mar 19, 2015 8:30pm | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
Script & dll just load onto a chart and it can be floated anywhere, to return the chart to the normal position click the icon "re-dock" at the top left of the chart.
Undock chart.zip

Contrax Mar 19, 2015 8:37pm | Post# 6

Why don't you google the heading ?
Im not a lazy guy... first i invest an hour trying to find it and only i find was the only one that u have to pay it... first i try to look for myself and then i ask for help.

Contrax Mar 19, 2015 8:38pm | Post# 7

Script & dll just load onto a chart and it can be floated anywhere, to return the chart to the normal position click the icon "re-dock" at the top left of the chart. {file}
Thank yoy A LOT. When i back to my office im going try it. Green Pips to Everyone!

Contrax Mar 19, 2015 8:38pm | Post# 8

You should find a script called "undock chart" ...
Thank you my friend, Cja already did it.

FerruFx Mar 19, 2015 9:37pm | Post# 9

{quote} Thank you my friend, Cja already did it.
That was exactly what I was talking about ... Cja did a better job than me by providing it !

emmanuel7788 Mar 19, 2015 11:42pm | Post# 10

Script & dll just load onto a chart and it can be floated anywhere, to return the chart to the normal position click the icon "re-dock" at the top left of the chart. {file}

Thanks cja....

mosiskv Mar 20, 2015 7:28am | Post# 11

CJA

Thanks - will use it myself

Contrax Mar 20, 2015 7:42am | Post# 12

CJA . Im using it very very easy.

Akvisto Apr 5, 2015 3:18pm | Post# 13

CJA, Thank you for sharing the script....

forex baraka Feb 21, 2018 6:47am | Post# 14

hi cja, many thanks for posting the undock file. when i downloaded it and unzipped it, there are 2 files. one is "undock chart" (mq4) and the other one is "undock.dll" a .dll file. please can you tell me where to put both these files? thankyou and much appreciated.
regards

Shabs19 Feb 21, 2018 7:12am | Post# 15

Load files via the Data folder within MT4

1. MQ4 file is a script file goes into the script folder.
2. dll file goes into the Libraries folder.
3. Restart Mt4

forex baraka Feb 21, 2018 7:59am | Post# 16

Load files via the Data folder within MT4 1. MQ4 file is a script file goes into the script folder. 2. dll file goes into the Libraries folder. 3. Restart Mt4
many thanks for that shabs. ive done what you said but i cant see the dock, undock etc tabs anywhere on the mt4. any ideas pls???

Shabs19 Feb 21, 2018 8:37am | Post# 17

{quote} many thanks for that shabs. ive done what you said but i cant see the dock, undock etc tabs anywhere on the mt4. any ideas pls???
Drag the script on the chart that you wish to "undock" from the terminal. The chart should then be free to move around & out of the terminal boundary
onto another screen for example.
You will notice a small tab on your chart that says "re-dock", if you click that tab, your chart will return to the terminal (re-docked).
HTH

forex baraka Feb 22, 2018 4:31am | Post# 18

thax shabs, sorry for some reason, i did not get ur message and i have been waiting for your reply all day yesterday when in fact you did reply!! so strange really !! anyway, i put the script file in the script folder and the .dll file in the libraries folder. restarted mt4. nothing happens. are u saying that i should go back into the script folder, make a copy of the script file and paste it onto the charts? im confused because i dont have th e2 files now. they are in the mt4 folders. cheers

Shabs19 Feb 22, 2018 4:47am | Post# 19

Did you install the 2 files into the correct folders ?
script file mq4 or ex4 goes into script folder and the dll file goes into Libraries folder as shown below:

http://www.profitf.com/articles/fore...templates-mt4/

Once you do that open the script folder in your MT4 Navigator ( on the top tab appears as a folder with a star). Open the script folder & drag the Undock script onto the chart you wish to undock.

forex baraka Feb 22, 2018 2:21pm | Post# 20

Did you install the 2 files into the correct folders ? script file mq4 or ex4 goes into script folder and the dll file goes into Libraries folder as shown below: http://www.profitf.com/articles/fore...templates-mt4/ Once you do that open the script folder in your MT4 Navigator ( on the top tab appears as a folder with a star). Open the script folder & drag the Undock script onto the chart you wish to undock.
Many many thanks shabs. u got it working. im a happy man thanks to you. God Bless !!

© Forex Factory