Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Lets Automate a Simple Renko Strategy! (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=531783)

sminage Mar 20, 2015 8:20am | Post# 61

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for starting this topic @ shreyash , I also renko trader .It gives good result in big movements.
Click to Enlarge

Name: renkotrading.PNG
Size: 88 KB

sminage Mar 20, 2015 8:21am | Post# 62

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Version 1.6 of the EA that implements a Trailing Stop of the N-brick size. You can enable/disable the trailing stop and specify the number of bricks for the trailing stop in the input settings. {file}
Trailing work but trade close when a reverse bar .
Click to Enlarge

Name: trailing.PNG
Size: 78 KB

MathTrader7 Mar 20, 2015 8:29am | Post# 63

{quote} Trailing work but trade close when a reverse bar . {image}
Thanks for backtesting and the reports. They are helpful for me to figure out the possible bugs in the EA.

sminage Mar 20, 2015 8:55am | Post# 64

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hey sminage! Can you pls post the median renko EA or indicator that you use here!
that I use a paid version median renko I think free version is also available in ff.
Click to Enlarge

Name: renkonew.PNG
Size: 75 KB
RenkoMeanLiveChart_v1.0.ex4

Smartboi Mar 20, 2015 9:05am | Post# 65

Am a big fan of Renko. Am impressed with the system. I must say it has a lot of potential.

sminage Mar 20, 2015 9:22am | Post# 66

1 Attachment(s)
started a new demo account with ea
Click to Enlarge

Name: renkotradeexp.PNG
Size: 43 KB

Phil2015 Mar 20, 2015 9:32am | Post# 67

started a new demo account with ea {image}
Nice! I know it's just demo, but have you hidden balance, profit and lot size from public view on purpose?

shreyash Mar 20, 2015 9:45am | Post# 68

{quote} that I use a paid version median renko I think free version is also available in ff. {image} {file}
Thanks for the tool!
Its excellent!
FIO : Is it the paid version or some other one?

sminage Mar 20, 2015 9:53am | Post# 69

{quote} Thanks for the tool! Its excellent! FIO : Is it the paid version or some other one?
it is from FF free version

shreyash Mar 20, 2015 9:58am | Post# 70

{quote} it is from FF free version
Does the paid version have any distinct advantage or difference compared to the free one??

sminage Mar 20, 2015 10:05am | Post# 71

{quote} Does the paid version have any distinct advantage or difference compared to the free one??
In news time paid version works better than free one.

sminage Mar 20, 2015 10:08am | Post# 72

1 Attachment(s)
New account with 50pip box.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_2015-03-20-19-31-57.png
Size: 66 KB

shreyash Mar 20, 2015 10:21am | Post# 73

{quote} In news time paid version works better than free one.
Oh thats great!
Can you please send me the link of where i can get the EA in a private message or to my Email...
mane.shreyash@gmail.com

Thanks!

shreyash Mar 20, 2015 10:26am | Post# 74

New account with 50pip box. {image}
Thanks to MathTrader7!

Also, you are trading 50 pips or 5 pips median brick exactly??
I asked you that bcos many ppl tend to get confused here bcos for 5 digit brokers we enter 50 for a 5 pip box and for 500 pips.

AcerPhoon Mar 20, 2015 10:42am | Post# 75

{quote} Thanks for backtesting and the reports. They are helpful for me to figure out the possible bugs in the EA.
Can you give me an explanation of how to install your EA? I dropped it onto my Renko chart, which I previously created with the download link on the first page and followed the steps by OP, but the Mathtrader EA always has a sad smiley for me for some reason? Did I do something wrong?

Smartboi Mar 20, 2015 10:50am | Post# 76

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} In news time paid version works better than free one.
There is also another one where you can shift the boxes in certain percentages. I found it somewhere here in ff. The downside is that I find it difficult to use with normal indicators. If someone can be able to code an ea in such a way that upon colour change of the boxes we enter or exit a trade I think there would be no need for adding indicators. Look at this pic.
Name:  USDJPYM2.png
Views: 12639
Size:  18 KB

sminage Mar 20, 2015 10:55am | Post# 77

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachme...9&d=1344738270

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachme...8&d=1414160813

MathTrader7 Mar 20, 2015 10:55am | Post# 78

{quote} Can you give me an explanation of how to install your EA? I dropped it onto my Renko chart, which I previously created with the download link on the first page and followed the steps by OP, but the Mathtrader EA always has a sad smiley for me for some reason? Did I do something wrong?
1. From the Tools menu, choose the Options item, it will bring up the Options window. From the Expert Advisors tab check Allow automated trading and Allow DLL imports options. Click on the OK button.

2. In order to enable trading on an offline chart, you have to uncheck the Offline chart option in the Common tab of the Renko chart properties (press F8 to bring up the properties window).

3.. Now, remove the EA and re-attach it to the Renko chart. You should see a glad smiley icon ;-)

AcerPhoon Mar 20, 2015 11:14am | Post# 79

{quote} 1. From the Tools menu, choose the Options item, it will bring up the Options window. From the Expert Advisors tab check Allow automated trading and Allow DLL imports options. Click on the OK button. 2. In order to enable trading on an offline chart, you have to uncheck the Offline chart option in the Common tab of the Renko chart properties (press F8 to bring up the properties window). 3.. Now, remove the EA and re-attach it to the Renko chart. You should see a glad smiley icon ;-)

Thanks for that. My EA smiley is happy now!

Now the program just needs to open trades so I can see if this works nice and smooth-

howard Mar 20, 2015 11:41am | Post# 80

{quote} 1. From the Tools menu, choose the Options item, it will bring up the Options window. From the Expert Advisors tab check Allow automated trading and Allow DLL imports options. Click on the OK button. 2. In order to enable trading on an offline chart, you have to uncheck the Offline chart option in the Common tab of the Renko chart properties (press F8 to bring up the properties window). 3.. Now, remove the EA and re-attach it to the Renko chart. You should see a glad smiley icon ;-)
Hello Math Trader

Thanks for the EA, is the size of the bricks not definable?

© Forex Factory