Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   Lets Automate a Simple Renko Strategy! (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/531783-lets-automate-a-simple-renko-strategy)

wansiman Jun 1, 2018 1:51pm | Post# 2581

Hi guys, I wanted to share with you the Renko Live Charts EA which I added to version v600.4 the following changes. First publication was by Tim Welch here, and the fixes came along the way. Of course you could take it and add to it you current trading EAs, but do notice that this is not a trading EA version, only a renko brick chart creator. I just felt the need to improve the existing version. I hope you will find it useful and I would appreciate any comments on my additions. //| May 14 2018 (TS)...
When using small bricksizes of 3 pips it slows down MT4 a lot

reteid2222 Jun 3, 2018 4:04am | Post# 2582

{quote} Hello, I have a beautiful strategy and proittevole, it is renko graph, brick by 10 pips, I include photos and indicator, you could make an EA with this strategy? {image} {file} {file} {file} {file}
A little late but I have coded it...

ZhenLegend Jun 3, 2018 11:07pm | Post# 2583

Hi

Not sure if I am doing this correctly. I'm using MathTraders's Renko no-gap + trading EA - some how no trades are done. The latest Chart EA don't need any uncheck offline chart. Am I doing this right?

Lupus29 Jun 20, 2018 8:37am | Post# 2584

Hi guys, I wanted to share with you the Renko Live Charts EA which I added to version v600.4 the following changes. First publication was by Tim Welch here, and the fixes came along the way. Of course you could take it and add to it you current trading EAs, but do notice that this is not a trading EA version, only a renko brick chart creator. I just felt the need to improve the existing version. I hope you will find it useful and I would appreciate any comments on my additions. //| May 14 2018 (TS)...
Friday thanks for sharing, i have another problem with my renko, as i have non standard symbol names by my broker f.e. "GBPUSD..r". The EA does create an offline renko chart with the option "strange symbol name" set on true, but its name is GBPUSD,M4 and i can't trade on it. I can trade only on those with original "..r". HOw to create renko offline chart with copied name of original symbol ?

Greetings

ekoveadvisor Jun 20, 2018 3:15pm | Post# 2585

1 Attachment(s)
if you guys have the error like my screen shoot while using Renko Mod EA.

this is the solutions.
1. Tools/Tab/ in MT 4
2. Select "Options"
3.Expert Advisors tab
4.check box "Allow DLL imports (potentially dangerous,enable only for trusted applications)
thats it !
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.JPG
Size: 60 KB

Halley Jun 21, 2018 11:03am | Post# 2586

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Friday thanks for sharing, i have another problem with my renko, as i have non standard symbol names by my broker f.e. "GBPUSD..r". The EA does create an offline renko chart with the option "strange symbol name" set on true, but its name is GBPUSD,M4 and i can't trade on it. I can trade only on those with original "..r". HOw to create renko offline chart with copied name of original symbol ? Greetings
Not sure, it might be the Renko generator restriction. I have double dots in the symbol names, too, but I do not encounter such problem myself. So, try another generator.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 118 KB

Lupus29 Jun 22, 2018 1:39am | Post# 2587

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Not sure, it might be the Renko generator restriction. I have double dots in the symbol names, too, but I do not encounter such problem myself. So, try another generator. {image}
Which generator are you using for double dots ? I've tried them all i could find and all i get is this: (attachment) or they won't generate an offline chart at all.

As you can see on the picture there's no OneClickTrader triangle i top left corner on renko chart as it's non tradeadble...

greetings
Click to Enlarge

Name: renko.png
Size: 35 KB

friday13 Jun 23, 2018 6:03pm | Post# 2588

{quote} Friday thanks for sharing, i have another problem with my renko, as i have non standard symbol names by my broker f.e. "GBPUSD..r". The EA does create an offline renko chart with the option "strange symbol name" set on true, but its name is GBPUSD,M4 and i can't trade on it. I can trade only on those with original "..r". HOw to create renko offline chart with copied name of original symbol ? Greetings
Hi, got your p.m also, thanks for reminding me.
Did you try keeping the "strange symbol name" on false and see what happens? It should open up the new chart with your tradable symbol.
Tell me how that went.

friday13 Jun 23, 2018 6:07pm | Post# 2589

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi if i turn wicks to false it still shows the wicks can you take a look ?
You're correct, wanisman.
Thank you for noticing.
I attach here the new version. which fixes the "ShowWicks" issue, using File45 from MQL5 community code.
RenkoLiveChart_v600.7.mq4

Drakenon1 Jun 24, 2018 8:25am | Post# 2590

I am testing the strategy but as soon as I open the offline graph, leave and update the current prices.

Lupus29 Jun 25, 2018 2:04am | Post# 2591

{quote} Hi, got your p.m also, thanks for reminding me. Did you try keeping the "strange symbol name" on false and see what happens? It should open up the new chart with your tradable symbol. Tell me how that went.
On false it didn't create any offline chart by me.

Greetings

friday13 Jul 5, 2018 5:30pm | Post# 2592

{quote} On false it didn't create any offline chart by me. Greetings
So, what do you see on the main chart window after you put the EA?
I tried it now and it does open the offline chart, and make the proper comments on the main chart, which prompt me to "click HERE" if the offline chart does not open.
So, basically, you should leave that "strange symbol name" option on False, and it should work out for you.
If not, please provide as much detail as you can (screenshots of the main chart and of the Experts tab will be great)

friday13 Jul 5, 2018 5:33pm | Post# 2593

I am testing the strategy but as soon as I open the offline graph, leave and update the current prices.
I am sure you meant for something and came with something else entirely.
Would you like to explain again? You can even write in Spanish if you want.

Lupus29 Jul 6, 2018 12:56am | Post# 2594

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} So, what do you see on the main chart window after you put the EA? I tried it now and it does open the offline chart, and make the proper comments on the main chart, which prompt me to "click HERE" if the offline chart does not open. So, basically, you should leave that "strange symbol name" option on False, and it should work out for you. If not, please provide as much detail as you can (screenshots of the main chart and of the Experts tab will be great)
Hi friday13, as for now i see only smileyface in top right with name of your ea, as i ve downloaded newest version it doesnt create any chart by me, show wicks on or off, makes no diffrence. Sth is changed, i dont know what, as earrlier ver worked on show wicks only, as i said before and gave screenshots

gr
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.png
Size: 83 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2.png
Size: 89 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 3.png
Size: 77 KB

friday13 Jul 24, 2018 7:05pm | Post# 2595

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi friday13, as for now i see only smileyface in top right with name of your ea, as i ve downloaded newest version it doesnt create any chart by me, show wicks on or off, makes no diffrence. Sth is changed, i dont know what, as earrlier ver worked on show wicks only, as i said before and gave screenshots gr {image} {image} {image}
I am happy to announce the newest version of RenkoLiveCharts, which now uses Windows API file functions to handle even history files of strange symbol names.

Note: input strange symbol name needs to be false just as the default.
RenkoLiveChart_v600.8.mq4

Lupus29 Jul 25, 2018 4:07am | Post# 2596

{quote} I am happy to announce the newest version of RenkoLiveCharts, which now uses Windows API file functions to handle even history files of strange symbol names. Note: input strange symbol name needs to be false just as the default. {file}
Holly sh.t Man You made IT !!! Congrats Now it works flawlessly . Thank YOu. Yeaaa

friday13 Jul 25, 2018 6:25am | Post# 2597

{quote} Holly sh.t Man You made IT !!! Congrats Now it works flawlessly . Thank YOu. Yeaaa
All thanks to you of course!

Lupus29 Jul 25, 2018 6:42am | Post# 2598

Haha Yeah, sure .

What's Your next step ?
Maybe ea looking always at m1 tf mother chart, so that changing tf's in mothers chart doesn't trigger recalculation on renko chart. Renko from higher tfs is BS, but there are a lot of people selling those strategies, showing renko from d1 or h1 tf . It looks nice on history but not in real time g\.

greetings

have a good one

Phyno Aug 5, 2018 7:56am | Post# 2599

Guys why not create renko mt5

ikouki Aug 5, 2018 10:41am | Post# 2600

Hello, can anyone suggest a good Renko chart builder EA that updates the chart real-time (at least every second) suitable for live trading and can be customize for Autotrading strategies. I wouldn't mind paying for it

© Forex Factory