Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   Billytt Die happy trading e/j daily breakout (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/524601-billytt-die-happy-trading-ej)

billytt Jul 11, 2020 3:39am | Post# 52001

{quote} Right I'm off out to set up my night vision cameras (I film owls, it's my 'thing') have a great weekend!
Where i live in the forest,, there is a small meadow to my side then the forest again about 100 mtrs,
i am always watching 2 hawks performing aerobatics with each other .
I have no idea of the breed above the forest in the distant.

Once they retire the dumpy pigeons sort of escape and even the pheasants come out.
Nature is brilliant . we have bats in the roof, bats are getting s bad name lately, they are amazing.

I am out later taking gf for a picnic......

birdland Jul 11, 2020 5:50am | Post# 52002

1 Attachment(s)
because there was a "line in the sand"-discussion going on the last days.

years ago i traded the "10" level/numbers (yellow dotted lines) for some pips, even it worked with the 05 numbers (mangenta dotted lines).

i had this approach from udine (many thanks), you can go through his thread. also atheer inspired me a lot (but he is vanished).

but i adapted it to my need. the rule was simple:

we have a trend when the h1 bar is blue (long) or red (short). (udine took the daily candle for the trend direction).

so when the 10 (or 05) level on the next bar-hour is broken, then go long(blue) or short(red). you can follow the trend for ADR hunting, or take a few pips and run away (my way).

it can be boring, but it is simple&successful;-)
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1udine00.png
Size: 45 KB

turnip15 Jul 11, 2020 7:36am | Post# 52003

because there was a "line in the sand"-discussion going on the last days. years ago i traded the "10" level/numbers (yellow dotted lines) for some pips, even it worked with the 05 numbers (mangenta dotted lines). i had this approach from udine (many thanks), you can go through his thread. also atheer inspired me a lot (but he is vanished). but i adapted it to my need. the rule was simple: we have a trend when the h1 bar is blue (long) or red (short). (udine took the daily candle for the trend direction). so when the 10 (or 05) level on the next...
Just escaped after cutting the grass and seen this.
Yes -I think what the 'crossing of the lines' indicates is a disciplined approach works. Simpler the better. Patience and a knowledge that 5 pips ( or locked in profit at least) is better than bugger all. Billy and others have often said this but it is often forgotten - statistically it is easier to get 5 pips than 20 pips per trade. Frequency?
Ah -the boss calls me - coffee is ready.

lemercenaire Jul 11, 2020 7:45am | Post# 52004

{quote} Where i live in the forest,, there is a small meadow to my side then the forest again about 100 mtrs, i am always watching 2 hawks performing aerobatics with each other . I have no idea of the breed above the forest in the distant. Once they retire the dumpy pigeons sort of escape and even the pheasants come out. Nature is brilliant . we have bats in the roof, bats are getting s bad name lately, they are amazing. I am out later taking gf for a picnic......
One of my cats once brought a bat in! Still alive and no damage. Kept it quiet and warm - the usual story - and when it got itself together, took it out into the copse and let it go.

With birds, they need anti biotics but bats, we took the chance, it was really wanting to go, lol.

My partner volunteers at a rescue sanctuary and has handled and treated bats since but that was a first for me.

Fantastic creatures.

lemercenaire Jul 11, 2020 7:48am | Post# 52005

because there was a "line in the sand"-discussion going on the last days. years ago i traded the "10" level/numbers (yellow dotted lines) for some pips, even it worked with the 05 numbers (mangenta dotted lines). i had this approach from udine (many thanks), you can go through his thread. also atheer inspired me a lot (but he is vanished). but i adapted it to my need. the rule was simple: we have a trend when the h1 bar is blue (long) or red (short). (udine took the daily candle for the trend direction). so when the 10 (or 05) level on the next...
Oh dear, udi**'* 00 concept, which some have said is - ahem - inspired by an Alien method, uncredited, lol.

You lot like stirring up old trouble, don't ya' hahahaha.

Depending on the indi featured, check the code and branding.

lemercenaire Jul 11, 2020 7:51am | Post# 52006

Pippy and I ran our variant of this, adding the 3ZZ indi and once that printed in direction of H1 candle colour, go for 5 as it crosses the next line in that direction, triggered off the 5 or 15 min chart.

It's money in the bank if you know the pairs to use.

Stev1929 Jul 11, 2020 7:59am | Post# 52007

{quote} One of my cats once brought a bat in! Still alive and no damage. Kept it quiet and warm - the usual story - and when it got itself together, took it out into the copse and let it go. With birds, they need anti biotics but bats, we took the chance, it was really wanting to go, lol. My partner volunteers at a rescue sanctuary and has handled and treated bats since but that was a first for me. Fantastic creatures.
This is from my garden gate last month...
Inserted Video

ia1979 Jul 11, 2020 9:28am | Post# 52008

Hi B, why are some of the arrows pointing down when the candle is blue and up when the candle is red? Should we not be looking for long entries on blue candles and short on red candles as per the rules?

Edit: might have something to do with which direction the bar took initially (i.e. which 05 or 10 it hit first)

lemercenaire Jul 11, 2020 10:40am | Post# 52009

{quote} This is from my garden gate last month... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56hyj3yShiA
That's awesome!

birdland Jul 11, 2020 10:47am | Post# 52010

{quote} Hi B, why are some of the arrows pointing down when the candle is blue and up when the candle is red? Should we not be looking for long entries on blue candles and short on red candles as per the rules? Edit: might have something to do with which direction the bar took initially (i.e. which 05 or 10 it hit first)
we need to find the direction first. is the h1 bar blue or red?

when the bar was blue we go long in the next hour when the 05 or 10 level step is broken. vice versa short. now the arrows are clear, right?;-)

birdland Jul 11, 2020 10:49am | Post# 52011

{quote} Oh dear, udi**'* 00 concept, which some have said is - ahem - inspired by an Alien method, uncredited, lol. You lot like stirring up old trouble, don't ya' hahahaha. Depending on the indi featured, check the code and branding.
you are joking or am i understanding you wrong? why should it be a problem to show a chart with 05 levels? and what labels?!!

ia1979 Jul 11, 2020 2:07pm | Post# 52012

{quote} we need to find the direction first. is the h1 bar blue or red? when the bar was blue we go long in the next hour when the 05 or 10 level step is broken. vice versa short. now the arrows are clear, right?;-)
Yes that makes sense now lol. Thanks for clarifying.

lemercenaire Jul 11, 2020 3:09pm | Post# 52013

{quote} you are joking or am i understanding you wrong? why should it be a problem to show a chart with 05 levels? and what labels?!!
No joke - yes, it really is that bad, or was anyway. The indicator used stolen code. Not saying the one there is the same variant but the original.

It all escalated from there.

You can't copyright an idea as such but it was a pretty straight lift of someone else's method.

soccerfan Jul 11, 2020 6:03pm | Post# 52014

@soccerfan - good luck v Norwich. They've lost the last 6 league matches so ....
Yay..4-0..haha
Norwich prove that you CAN make a silk purse out of a sow's ear..!!!
Hope they keep up their new found success.
Well done to Antonio who bagged all 4..!!

turnip15 Jul 11, 2020 6:24pm | Post# 52015

{quote} Yay..4-0..haha Norwich prove that you CAN make a silk purse out of a sow's ear..!!! Antonio played Right back all year..put him up front and he bags 4 Prem league for WHU ..
Well - I'll go to the foot of our stairs !

claudia1 Jul 12, 2020 2:56am | Post# 52016

{quote} Yay..4-0..haha Norwich prove that you CAN make a silk purse out of a sow's ear..!!! Hope they keep up their new found success. Well done to Antonio who bagged all 4..!!
Great result ! Watford next.

birdland Jul 12, 2020 3:50am | Post# 52017

{quote} No joke - yes, it really is that bad, or was anyway. The indicator used stolen code. Not saying the one there is the same variant but the original. It all escalated from there. You can't copyright an idea as such but it was a pretty straight lift of someone else's method.
so don't exaggerate now. i haven't stolen anything here. i have developed existing trading approaches and basically everyone here does it. don't accuse me of stealing!

and the indicator i used here is the "rooicol-grid" indi, that will still be allowed;-)

never mind, i used it for trading years ago and it was successful but boring at the time. maybe it is of use for someone here. that's why we are all here on ff.

billytt Jul 12, 2020 4:58am | Post# 52018

{quote} This is from my garden gate last month... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56hyj3yShiA
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT,,,,,, i was watching my lone hawk yesterday .(i say hawk) big wide wings, hooked beak, aerobatics.

billytt Jul 12, 2020 5:06am | Post# 52019

[quote=birdland;13054309]because there was a "line in the sand"-discussion going on the last days. years ago i traded the "10" level/numbers (yellow dotted lines) for some pips, even it worked with the 05 numbers (mangenta dotted lines). i had this approach from udine (many thanks), you can go through his thread. also atheer inspired me a lot (but he is vanished). but i adapted it to my need. the rule was simple: we h

it is a grid method i would say.

i have been told i trade a sophisticated grid , instead of trading over a few hours i can do it over several days. with specific entries.
The reason i stepped away from grid is ,,,,,,, i want the main trade to end as soon as possible, Hence the 5 points. (trigger, enter, close, coffee).

Mr T posted, it is easier to get 5 than 20???, on paper it is and i agree.
Trouble is, you use big size for the 5 point trade and you need to fix a fail, that is a bit harder..

BUT, every 20 point win, contains a 5 point win.
AND the big majority of 20 point trade fails ALSO have a 5 point win. Check it.

turnip15 Jul 12, 2020 5:15am | Post# 52020

{quote} ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT,,,,,, i was watching my lone hawk yesterday .(i say hawk) big wide wings, hooked beak, aerobatics.
Could be a buzzard but you tend to see them in pairs. They are big and emit a single high pitched call to each other. Lovely creatures

© Forex Factory