Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   Billytt Die happy trading e/j daily breakout (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/524601-billytt-die-happy-trading-ej)

Pipradar May 17, 2019 2:56am | Post# 41501

Dax, same with the 07-00. 15 minute bar... High 12247 & Low 12236. 11 range. Low broken so I will be looking for Range to be broken in a few hours. still trying the idea so I may sound sketchy, lol. trade well...
Snap Mr B , I am also following this for the Dax, lets see how it pans out. Took +4 on the second break earlier.

lemercenaire May 17, 2019 2:57am | Post# 41502

1 Attachment(s)
Really?!?!?

Click to Enlarge

Name: DAX-spooked-REALLY-17thmay19crop.png
Size: 48 KB

Pipradar May 17, 2019 3:01am | Post# 41503

The Monster is in a dangerous mood this morning. I was just about to post up that it looked like a sucker-move set-up on the 1-min / 5-min, with it seemingly tempting to go short. However, the overall pressure was definitely towards the upside. I must admit, I was tempted to try and nab a real quick couple while it hovered but so, so glad I didn't... {image} {image} The signs on the H1 that saved my embarrassment ... {image} Hope nobody was mauled.
That was my thought so I waited for a break Long on the Franky Open 15m, bagged +4 , left plenty on the table L.O.L. got lucky on the break I guess . It is Friday..

billytt May 17, 2019 3:02am | Post# 41504

The Monster is in a dangerous mood this morning. I was just about to post up that it looked like a sucker-move set-up on the 1-min / 5-min, with it seemingly tempting to go short. However, the overall pressure was definitely towards the upside. I must admit, I was tempted to try and nab a real quick couple while it hovered but so, so glad I didn't... {image} {image} The signs on the H1 that saved my embarrassment ... {image} Hope nobody was mauled.
Yep, the sharp move up nearly broke the 00-00 which I spoke of, if it had I would of gone Long, lol

Pipradar May 17, 2019 3:02am | Post# 41505

Really?!?!? {image}

billytt May 17, 2019 3:03am | Post# 41506

Cable, almost broke 00-00 4 hour range low, so I still wait.
T 08-03

billytt May 17, 2019 3:07am | Post# 41507

T08-05
Cable, I am short off a retrace trade.
the 00-00 range Low was broken definately, the way I have my chart showing caused me to miss the break.

lemercenaire May 17, 2019 3:08am | Post# 41508

1 Attachment(s)
This is just stupid.

Click to Enlarge

Name: DAX-spooked-1-min-juststupid-17thmay19crop.png
Size: 49 KB

lemercenaire May 17, 2019 3:20am | Post# 41509

1 Attachment(s)
FINALLY!!!

DAX 1-min +10

Click to Enlarge

Name: DAX-FINALLY-1-min17thMayOUTfor+10crop.png
Size: 46 KB

lemercenaire May 17, 2019 3:28am | Post# 41510

I'm leaving The Monster alone now, had a look to see if that was things settling down and no...it is still looking to sucker shorts and for me, all the pressure is to the upside, so it's just not worth the risk.

I'll leave it alone for an hour and see if it commits to the path North and if it does, then I'll look to ride that.

For now, brew + breakfast.

Trade well all.

billytt May 17, 2019 3:39am | Post# 41511

I'm leaving The Monster alone now, had a look to see if that was things settling down and no...it is still looking to sucker shorts and for me, all the pressure is to the upside, so it's just not worth the risk. I'll leave it alone for an hour and see if it commits to the path North and if it does, then I'll look to ride that. For now, brew + breakfast. Trade well all.
Not being an aficionado of Dax I would agree with you,looking at over time I see it drops then retraces, hence my interest now lol.
plus it keeps me quiet.

lemercenaire May 17, 2019 3:53am | Post# 41512

1 Attachment(s)
Managed to find a niche move.

Went in triple-dipped and very heavy to maximise it and got more than I could have hoped for.

Closed a split-second after I nabbed this screenshot.

DAX 1-min +8.5 +6.5 +0.5 [+15.5]

Click to Enlarge

Name: DAX+8.5+6.5+0.5onatriplediplong17thMay19crop.png
Size: 49 KB

kofix11 May 17, 2019 4:11am | Post# 41513

Managed to find a niche move. Went in triple-dipped and very heavy to maximise it and got more than I could have hoped for. Closed a split-second after I nabbed this screenshot. DAX 1-min +8.5 +6.5 +0.5 [+15.5] {image}
Thanks for your support. It is very helpful.
Is it always your intention to take a scalp profit - never let your profit run by trailing stop?

lemercenaire May 17, 2019 4:16am | Post# 41514

1 Attachment(s)
In again. Double-dip this time.

DAX 1-min +6 +2.5 [+8.5]

Click to Enlarge

Name: DAX+6+2.5foranotherdoubletap17thMay19crop.png
Size: 44 KB

lemercenaire May 17, 2019 4:20am | Post# 41515

{quote} Thanks for your support. It is very helpful. Is it always your intention to take a scalp profit - never let your profit run by trailing stop?
Hi Kofix. Welcome to the thread.

Yes, I am only interested in micro-scalps. Trying to hold for any length of time down here at the razor's edge on The DAX (especially at this time of day), is a great way to go broke very quickly.

If I was to look to hold positions for longer, then I would use a different method to find entries. I can do that, it's just that I choose not to - I prefer to scalp.

lemercenaire May 17, 2019 4:24am | Post# 41516

{quote} Hi Kofix. Welcome to the thread. Yes, I am only interested in micro-scalps. Trying to hold for any length of time down here at the razor's edge on The DAX (especially at this time of day), is a great way to go broke very quickly. If I was to look to hold positions for longer, then I would use a different method to find entries. I can do that, it's just that I choose not to - I prefer to scalp.
I should say, that this does not mean that I will never catch a runner - I do. However, the way I get into that is by adding in to moves that gain momentum, so in effect stacking multiple scalps on top of one another, rather than trying to hold one single position open for a long time.

billytt May 17, 2019 4:48am | Post# 41517

{quote} I should say, that this does not mean that I will never catch a runner - I do. However, the way I get into that is by adding in to moves that gain momentum, so in effect stacking multiple scalps on top of one another, rather than trying to hold one single position open for a long time.
An excellent method, good post.
i normally get the moves when fixing a fail, i.e. Hunting the daily range.

lemercenaire May 17, 2019 4:59am | Post# 41518

{quote} An excellent method, good post. i normally get the moves when fixing a fail, i.e. Hunting the daily range.
Absolutely, Billy.

If you and others maybe remember, I started using the scalp method as my main go-to set-up after I had been using it to unwind locked-in counters on The Morning Monster Break and Dead Zone and my brother asked why I wasn't simply using the scalps as the main one, as it was capable of making so much more, lol.

kofix11 May 17, 2019 5:07am | Post# 41519

{quote} Absolutely, Billy. If you and others maybe remember, I started using the scalp method as my main go-to set-up after I had been using it to unwind locked-in counters on The Morning Monster Break and Dead Zone and my brother asked why I wasn't simply using the scalps as the main one, as it was capable of making so much more, lol.
Yes, most time it works fixing a fail but when not then it can really hurt.

claudia1 May 17, 2019 5:34am | Post# 41520

1 Attachment(s)
Finished the week with some more tweaks.

Was very lucky last night - saved by the buffer twice. Statistics proving valuable.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AJ.png
Size: 28 KB

© Forex Factory