Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Billytt Die happy trading e/j daily breakout (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=524601)

fxray Oct 10, 2019 2:50am | Post# 44861

[quote=billytt;12551427]
{quote} Could be a good idea. GBP is a bit of a volatile mess at times. Between EJ & UCAD things might be a bit easier... Ray[/quote Hi Fxray. We need volatility BUT NOT WHIP. Difficult to explain. But in a short time span up/ down movement is whip, but over a length of longer time it is Range.
Thanks Billy. Looking back, trying to trade with outside distractions it looks like I'd forgotten about the size of the bar closing at 8:00am and was forciing some trades on too big a range...slap my hand, won't do it again.

Ray

lemercenaire Oct 10, 2019 2:53am | Post# 44862

1 Attachment(s)
'Morning, folks.

Played off something a bit different this morning. Still Pre-KO. Used Camarilla Levels (yep, another kind of line-in-the-sand) and took an easy drop off of the H3 level.

DAX Camarilla H3 Short Pre-KO +5.9 +8.4 +9.1 [+23.4]

Click to Enlarge

Name: DAX-Cams-PreKO-OffH3Short10thOct19for+5.9+8.4+9.1.png
Size: 32 KB

billytt Oct 10, 2019 2:54am | Post# 44863

[quote=fxray;12551516]
{quote} Thanks Billy. Looking back, trying to trade with outside distractions it looks like I'd forgotten about the size of the bar closing at 8:00am and was forciing some trades on too big a range...slap my hand, won't do it again. Ray
Somtimes the big range bar is difficult.
Difficult as in you need the bank.
i tend to leave big Range bars, just as well they are not frequent.

bojack34 Oct 10, 2019 2:58am | Post# 44864

[quote=billytt;12551524]
{quote} Somtimes the big range bar is difficult. Difficult as in you need the bank. i tend to leave big Range bars, just as well they are not frequent.
I've been trading the 08-15 bar with the parameters of 13 pip minimum range and 20 pip maximum range. Is this too tight? I keep it tighter since I have a smaller bank roll. My stats that I have from the past also show those are the most profitable ranges anyways. I must also admit I do not counter. I just set a SL and take the Loss and move on to the next days trigger and sometimes I double the lot size to help recover the loss faster.

bojack34 Oct 10, 2019 3:15am | Post# 44865

For those of you trading GBP. We have a lot of Red News coming out in about 1hr 15min from now. And then Carney speaks 1 hour after that. We should get all the volatility we need later if we happen to be chasing the Modest Daily Range.

billytt Oct 10, 2019 3:33am | Post# 44866

[quote=bojack34;12551540]
{quote} I've been trading the 08-15 bar with the parameters of 13 pip minimum range and 20 pip maximum range. Is this too tight? I keep it tighter since I have a smaller bank roll. My stats that I have from the past also show those are the most profitable ranges anyways. I must also admit I do not counter. I just set a SL and take the Loss and move on to the next days trigger and sometimes I double the lot size to help recover the loss faster.
That is good Bo, hope you are ok.

i will drop my minimum bar to 8 and go up high to 28. As a guide.

lemercenaire Oct 10, 2019 3:34am | Post# 44867

[quote=bojack34;12551540]
{quote} I've been trading the 08-15 bar with the parameters of 13 pip minimum range and 20 pip maximum range. Is this too tight? I keep it tighter since I have a smaller bank roll. My stats that I have from the past also show those are the most profitable ranges anyways. I must also admit I do not counter. I just set a SL and take the Loss and move on to the next days trigger and sometimes I double the lot size to help recover the loss faster.
Good to see you, stranger! Glad you're still making hay.

Are you still also running your take on the AU H4 play? (Only taking the retrace after a fail).

lemercenaire Oct 10, 2019 3:36am | Post# 44868

The Not-The-Billy-Bar made the +5 on a break North.

The Billy-Bar is having a harder time of it. I have taken a WZ Short to cover the fail of the Short break. This is in clear profit as I type and I could close if I wanted to play safe (or bank the WZ profit and leave the original to play out). Decisions...decisions...lol.

billytt Oct 10, 2019 3:43am | Post# 44869

Cable. 08-00 15 minute bar break.
Low broke then reverse up, We can trade. Retrace trade. I am already short.
Lets see.

Trade well all.
t 08-43

lemercenaire Oct 10, 2019 3:44am | Post# 44870

The Not-The-Billy-Bar made the +5 on a break North. The Billy-Bar is having a harder time of it. I have taken a WZ Short to cover the fail of the Short break. This is in clear profit as I type and I could close if I wanted to play safe (or bank the WZ profit and leave the original to play out). Decisions...decisions...lol.
Just checked - and as a coincidence, that WZ Short is also a play off the Camarilla H3.

lemercenaire Oct 10, 2019 3:47am | Post# 44871

{quote} Just checked - and as a coincidence, that WZ Short is also a play off the Camarilla H3.
Closed that WZ Short for +6 and-a-bit.

In again off a pivot level.

Fun-Fun-Fun!

turnip15 Oct 10, 2019 4:10am | Post# 44872

1 Attachment(s)
Dax
Failed Long and Short and Good Long and short
Click to Enlarge

Name: ThursDAX.png
Size: 283 KB

bojack34 Oct 10, 2019 4:20am | Post# 44873

[quote=lemercenaire;12551636]
{quote} Good to see you, stranger! Glad you're still making hay. Are you still also running your take on the AU H4 play? (Only taking the retrace after a fail).
No I don't run the 2nd trigger only on AU 04-00 anymore. Due to Billy's stats and the results from the 08-15 bar I strictly trade that bar and I actually had an EA made using most of Billy's strategy....not exactly (no counter). Out of respect to Billy I don't post anything in the thread....however I do still stalk you guys and contintue to try to learn from Billy.

lemercenaire Oct 10, 2019 4:24am | Post# 44874

Dax Failed Long and Short and Good Long and short {image}
Nice, T.

I missed all this upward easy move due to running The Billy-Bar. My call to do so, obviously but still mildly frustrating. Can't get 'em all, I guess!

lemercenaire Oct 10, 2019 4:31am | Post# 44875

1 Attachment(s)
[quote=bojack34;12551746]
{quote} No I don't run the 2nd trigger only on AU 04-00 anymore. Due to Billy's stats and the results from the 08-15 bar I strictly trade that bar and I actually had an EA made using most of Billy's strategy....not exactly (no counter). Out of respect to Billy I don't post anything in the thread....however I do still stalk you guys and contintue to try to learn from Billy.
Name:  I C U.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  69 KB

ia1979 Oct 10, 2019 4:36am | Post# 44876

{quote} Closed that WZ Short for +6 and-a-bit. In again off a pivot level. Fun-Fun-Fun!
Hi Lem. I can't see WZ short trade, based on the 8am bar?Hope all is well with you and everyone else here. Been lurking on and off for a while due to work lol.

turnip15 Oct 10, 2019 4:36am | Post# 44877

{quote} Nice, T. I missed all this upward easy move due to running The Billy-Bar. My call to do so, obviously but still mildly frustrating. Can't get 'em all, I guess!
Yes - I often try to watch several charts at the same time but always come back to staring at the Dax. One day I will have the smarts enough to mark up charts as I go rather than watch one and mark up as I go on that single item !!
But maybe that is the way to go. It's not the number of trades but the winning trades that count -less is more as per "Billy Bar" theory.
Often repeated but worth doing so again is the fact ( Billy stats.) that 5 posts is easier to repeatedly get than the big 30 pip run where losses can undo your discipline.

turnip15 Oct 10, 2019 4:37am | Post# 44878

Time to go. Mrs T is taking me to lunch via the shopping centre.

ia1979 Oct 10, 2019 4:39am | Post# 44879

Cable. 00-00 4 hour bar. High broke and so far nothing. I am not trading it but will trade if the Low breaks and maybe retrace trade. i am not looking at anything else. 08-00 15 minute bar break is my standard trade. Trade well all. t 07-10
Hi Billy. Both the low and high of the 8am bar have been broken this morning. Lots of indecision it would seem.

lemercenaire Oct 10, 2019 4:40am | Post# 44880

{quote} Nice, T. I missed all this upward easy move due to running The Billy-Bar. My call to do so, obviously but still mildly frustrating. Can't get 'em all, I guess!
Added another +4 off the top edge. Still well in profit overall and happy to keep surfing the zone till I see if the original eventually clears. Hey, what else is there to do, it's raining out, lol.

© Forex Factory