Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   My EA Gift to Traders (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=520258)

Dave_C Jan 6, 2015 1:10am | Post# 1

5 Attachment(s)

TRADERS GIFT EXPERT ADVISOR Still completely Free with source code included

Use of this Expert Advisor is only limited by your imagination as there are many thousands of combinations available. I encourage you to publish your own personalized input presets if they are noteworthy.

OVERVIEW
Traders Gift uses rules to advise or automatically trade on entry (and exit). The rules fall into the categories below and all values are fully customizable

Modes
ADVISORY (On Screen or Email)
DISCRETIONARY (Trades placed upon confirmation - "OK" , To reject trade - "Cancel")
AUTOMATIC

Money Management
FIXED LOT SIZE
LOT SIZE BASED ON EQUITY
LOT SIZE BASED ON STOP LOSS
FIXED STOP LOSS AND TAKE PROFIT
TRAILING STOP LOSS
STOP LOSS and TAKE PROFIT BASED ON ATR
RISK/REWARD TAKE PROFIT
MULTIPLE BASED WAGER PROGRESSION UP TO LIMIT
BREAK EVEN
MINIMUM PIP GAIN FOR RESET
DECREASE STOP LOSS PERCENT

Strategies
EMA CROSS
PRICE / EMA EVENT
RSI CROSS
MACD CROSS
STOC CROSS
BOLLINGER BAND CROSS
PSAR CROSS
COMMODITY CHANNEL INDEX
ZIG ZAG
NEWS OR TIME OF DAY STRADDLE TRADE - (new OPTION FOR STRADDLE BASED ON STRATEGIES)
CONTINUOUS STRADDLE
TRADING RANGE BREAKOUT

Filters
ADX
TIME OF DAY
NEWS
PIVOT POINTS
FIBONACCI
SUPPORT/RESISTANCE
DIVERGENCE
CANDLESTICK PATTERNS
VOLUME

By default - no Strategies or Filters are enabled. (any combinations are OK)

Whilst there are many input parameters, refer to the enclosed strategies (included as a zip file) to get started. (Use the load button on the inputs tab)

I encourage you to delve into the source code which is open and commented with meaningful variables, and suggest improvements. If your suggestions or requests are personal, please PM me. I would welcome any constructive criticism and the thread is yours for discussion and I won't be banning anybody (profanity excluded). Please think before you post and do some homework.

For info on back testing, http://www.easyexpertforex.com/backtesting-optimization.html
For free VPS, Post #206
For free tick data, Post #185 (GOLD traders read Post #576)
Absolutely essential reading, Post #526
A valuable comment from a contributor regarding back testing, Post #685

Sample Data is enclosed for testing purposes but is not required by the EA.

7 Majors_M1_2013.zip (21MB)
7 Majors_M1_2014.zip (20MB)
7 Majors_M1_2015.zip (23MB)
7 Crosses_M1_2013.zip (22MB)
7 Crosses_M1_2014.zip (21MB)
7 Crosses_M1_2015.zip (22MB)

Use Tools, History Centre, double click on currency pair, 1 min, download to import the unzipped files. Nominate the correct UTC/MT4 shift. Don't forget to refresh your chart after any import. You can then run the MT4 script PeriodConverter for other time frames. The appropriate model for back testing is "EA's that explicitly control bar open".

If you choose to do tick data back testing, remember to set the ReqTimeFrame.

TRADERS GIFT STRATEGY OPTIMIZER

56 Current Optimization Examples - Still Free

Strategy Optimizer is an alternative to MT4 Strategy Tester and includes enhanced Genetic Optimization and will read and write Set files for the TradersGift EA.

Introduction to Traders Gift EA video
Inserted Video

Introduction to Strategy Optimizer video

Inserted Video

Opening and Saving Set Files video
Inserted Video

Working with Optimizations video
Inserted Video

Update 15th May 2015
Fix for trailing stop loss not updating on all pairs

Update 25th June 2015
Fix to allow recovery of variables on MT4 restart

Update 13th Aug 2015
Fix to allow recovery of more variables on MT4 restart

Update 19th Aug 2015
Amendment to Trailing Stop Loss Logic

Traders Gift EA executable Download
Traders Gift EA source code Download
Traders Gift EA and Strategy Optimizer Getting Started PDF Download
Traders Gift EA and Strategy Optimizer Full Discussion PDF Download
Traders Gift Strategy Optimizer Demo Download
Traders Gift 56 Current Optimization Examples Download

For those of you who are perplexed, please refer to Post #1301

Strategy Optimizer
Click to Enlarge

Name: Strategy Optimizer4.jpg
Size: 159 KB

Drentaga Jan 6, 2015 1:41am | Post# 2

Thanks Dave....

DRT

zebedeus Jan 6, 2015 1:44am | Post# 3

Muchas gracias, makasih banyak boss

jpdlegault Jan 6, 2015 1:53am | Post# 4

Wow!

Thank you so much Dave! Will keep you posted as to the results I will be getting.
Dan

Dave_C Jan 6, 2015 3:29am | Post# 5

Thank you for your input. If any of the downloaders have general questions, I am happy to respond.

kleybenny Jan 6, 2015 3:37am | Post# 6

Hi Dave!

Great to see you here beginning a new threat. And thanks a lot for the great EA! I allready started to backtest. I will send good setups after finishing.

Dave_C Jan 6, 2015 3:46am | Post# 7

Hi Dave! Great to see you here beginning a new threat. And thanks a lot for the great EA! I allready started to backtest. I will send good setups after finishing.
I have tried to help in other threads and kley responded to my personal requests to continue an educated discussion. He has not only supported me but has added his own intellect to grow each discussion to a new level. This is what Forex Factory encourages. I could have easily posted the .ex4 only but this is not a black box and is for all of you to improve or add value to.

Thanks kleybenny

Mr.Ma Jan 6, 2015 3:50am | Post# 8

thank you dave!!!

will have a look into it when I get home tonight

I very much appreciate your work
please keep it up!

br0wnie Jan 6, 2015 10:24am | Post# 9

Thank you very much for this! Very thorough, with so many customization possibilities to fit the needs of any trader.

I REALLY like the feature that it automatically leaves a comment on the trades it makes. It helps me separate trades I have made manually (seperate from the EA) on my demo account from those that the EA makes. I haven't seen any other EA do this.

Egosuma Jan 6, 2015 5:29pm | Post# 10

thanks ! I will be having some fun with this !

PipsExpress Jan 7, 2015 12:17am | Post# 11

Real AI EA

Thank you

ajidss Jan 7, 2015 12:18am | Post# 12

thanks for the indicator

subbu Jan 7, 2015 12:47am | Post# 13

Thank you so much Dave...

dman7800 Jan 7, 2015 7:01am | Post# 14

Hi Dave,
Thanks for this EA.. im just playing with the EMA Cross, but it doesnt seem to open a trade when the cross happened..
It opened a trade about 20 candles later..

The settings I have are:

UseEMACross = 1
ShortEMA = 5
LongEMA = 20
EMAMaxBarsAgo = 2

Any ideas? I could figure out where to insert a screenshot on this post.. it would be easier to see it..

Cheers

Dman

olimpia Jan 7, 2015 7:14am | Post# 15

[quote=Dave_C;7975175]TRADERS GIFT EXPERT ADVISOR Use of this Expert Advisor is only limited by your imagination as there are many thousands of ...

AMAZING WORK DAVE!! Congratulations!

vmaris Jan 7, 2015 8:11am | Post# 16

Hi Dave, Thanks for this EA.. im just playing with the EMA Cross, but it doesnt seem to open a trade when the cross happened.. It opened a trade about 20 candles later.. The settings I have are: UseEMACross = 1 ShortEMA = 5 LongEMA = 20 EMAMaxBarsAgo = 2 Any ideas? I could figure out where to insert a screenshot on this post.. it would be easier to see it.. Cheers Dman
Hi Dave,
I also tested this EA on EURUSD, TF 1H;
1) with EMA Cross, settings ShortEMA = 8, LongEMA = 21 and the results was similar to Dman. EA open trades some candles late after crossing; if the trade is stopped by SL - open the new trade after some time, even in opposite direction;
2) also with TrailingStop = 0, the EA start to use it after some trades;
3) MACD Cross filter use Macd line cross with Signal line, but more usefull (to my mind) is Macd line cross with 0 line, sometimes Signal line cross with 0 line. Of course, this cross can be replaced with EMA cross, but the problems is described in p.1 (see above);
4) I try to mix EMA Cross with Price/EMA Cross - EA not open trades at all!

What I miss? Your advices?
Thanks,
Maris

pm.fx Jan 7, 2015 8:45am | Post# 17

Hi Dave,

Great Work,

Thanks for you help...

Dave_C Jan 7, 2015 12:42pm | Post# 18

Hi Dave, Thanks for this EA.. im just playing with the EMA Cross, but it doesnt seem to open a trade when the cross happened.. It opened a trade about 20 candles later.. The settings I have are: UseEMACross = 1 ShortEMA = 5 LongEMA = 20 EMAMaxBarsAgo = 2 Any ideas? I could figure out where to insert a screenshot on this post.. it would be easier to see it.. Cheers Dman
Also for VMaris

That was my error. On checking my code, I see that the EMA's were calculating on the 5min time period. Could you please download the latest build from Post 1

Regards
Dave

Dave_C Jan 7, 2015 12:53pm | Post# 19

{quote} Hi Dave, I also tested this EA on EURUSD, TF 1H; 1) with EMA Cross, settings ShortEMA = 8, LongEMA = 21 and the results was similar to Dman. EA open trades some candles late after crossing; if the trade is stopped by SL - open the new trade after some time, even in opposite direction; 2) also with TrailingStop = 0, the EA start to use it after some trades; 3) MACD Cross filter use Macd line cross with Signal line, but more usefull (to my mind) is Macd line cross with 0 line, sometimes Signal line cross with 0 line. Of course, this cross...
I see your point about the MACD and will update the EA to give you the option for the main or signal MACD to cross the zero line. The EMA problem has been fixed, see above.

rkkgs Jan 7, 2015 1:01pm | Post# 20

great EA!

© Forex Factory