Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   Matrix Grid Trading Community Edition (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/518257-matrix-grid-trading-community-edition)

TheDirtySerb Feb 23, 2015 10:16am | Post# 1601

I know first hand the hedging strategy and have used it and have made money. I will say this to new or novice traders... Your account will always grow and it will always make money but, it will also always be in DD and some of you may not be able to handle that. The best scenario I see is when 1.1 starts getting away in the wrong direction with multiple offsets, make it stop taking trades and execute 1.0 to take the opposite direction in order to balance margin and increase account balance.

This then gets tricky because if the pair reverses, 1.0 is now in DD and the cycle continues. This is why I say your account will always be in DD. For me, that's not an issue. To others, may be hard to take. I leave it up to you to decide.

BillYon Feb 23, 2015 10:17am | Post# 1602

I've just signed up for a new VPS and installed ver 1.1 Unfortunately the EA is not able to recognize the trend and does not take any trades As you can see in the attached image it shows UNKNOWN on all the charts Any suggestions on what could be the reason for this? {image}

check post 1502.

It may be something as such

madscalp Feb 23, 2015 10:18am | Post# 1603

{quote} Hasnt he done enough? ;-)
He started the topic but not involved in the discussions...curious
we would like to know if he is satisfied with his EA or if he hopes to improve it

JoshuaHope Feb 23, 2015 10:24am | Post# 1604

{quote} He started the topic but not involved in the discussions...curious we would like if he is satisfied with his EA or if he hopes to improve it
I would agree with BillYon that he is probably collecting data. I see all of us as beta-testers. My guess he is working on the next version. Remember, we are the fellas doing alot of guesswork about the trend mechanism. He is not disclosing his exact method, so he probably would not discuss it. But he has helped various people get their working in regards to troubleshooting.

madscalp Feb 23, 2015 10:31am | Post# 1605

{quote} I would agree with BillYon that he is probably collecting data. I see all of us as beta-testers. My guess he is working on the next version. Remember, we are the fellas doing alot of guesswork about the trend mechanism. He is not disclosing his exact method, so he probably would not discuss it. But he has helped various people get their working in regards to troubleshooting.
Correct... he is only helping people with trouble shooting but he said nothing about any improvment
in each topic on FF, the author participates in discussions
my opinion is he is listening to us to improve his own EA

JoshuaHope Feb 23, 2015 10:38am | Post# 1606

Yes, that is what beta tester do. They test, report bugs/issues and give out suggestions. Hopefully he will use it to improve the EA and give out a new version that will still be CE.(Community Edition). Its a good way to get fresh ideas and other perspective. Many are having benefit running it on live acc. My 2 cents.

madscalp Feb 23, 2015 10:43am | Post# 1607

OK we are waiting for his communication about that...but I doubt

thejerry Feb 23, 2015 11:57am | Post# 1608

I've just signed up for a new VPS and installed ver 1.1 Unfortunately the EA is not able to recognize the trend and does not take any trades As you can see in the attached image it shows UNKNOWN on all the charts Any suggestions on what could be the reason for this? {image}
Try this one from GT:
Try disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration (google it)

armyda Feb 23, 2015 12:10pm | Post# 1609

Trend changed

Alyle Feb 23, 2015 12:55pm | Post# 1610

1 Attachment(s)
I did make a backtest base on BillYon's Idea,and make little change too:

[+]When first grid orders closed,leave second grid orders open.
[+]Open new grid orders when condition meet.
[+]Params, 0.1 lots,step 10,initianstep 5,multilots 1.0,TP 12.

I think the result is much better than I expect.

Balance 10000,test EU from 2015/01/05 - 2015/02/19,since I don't have the necessary data before 2015/01/05:

Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 45 KB

BillYon Feb 23, 2015 1:03pm | Post# 1611

I did make a backtest base on BillYon's Idea,and make little change too: [+]When first grid orders closed,leave second grid orders open. [+]Open new grid orders when condition meet. [+]Params, 0.1 lots,step 10,initianstep 5,multilots 1.0,TP 12. I think the result is much better than I expect. Balance 10000,test EU from 2015/01/05 - 2015/02/19,since I don't have the necessary data before 2015/01/05: {image}

Thanks for this

Alyle Feb 23, 2015 1:19pm | Post# 1612

{quote} Thanks for this
Thanks for great idea!

shg Feb 23, 2015 3:43pm | Post# 1613

LETS GET IT!!! So here is the idea I have been testing. Those who do not have version 1.0 will have to manually do this until it's implemented as an option if it is at all. So your in the middle of a trade and the trend changes. Like right now on EU... Since it will continue taking trades against this new trend change, what you do is leave that to continue as is. Have a second chart opened with version 1.0 set the same or as you find more profitable/less risky in testing this. At trend change Activate the second chart to start taking trades in direction...
I like your idea. I dont have 1.0 but if we get magic number in 1.1 then we dont need 1.0 because as soon as trend changes we can change the magic number or we can open one more chart and run 1.1 with different magic number. This way we will be able to make lot of pips as well as we will have low DD...

I dont know if this is the right way we can do but lets see if GT can add magic number to 1.2....

thanks

shg Feb 23, 2015 3:48pm | Post# 1614

{quote} GT is listening to us but does nothing
Well, personally i didnt like your comment...he had done everything and he is the one to judge further what he wants to do....

Plz dont complain and plz dont disrespect him....

madscalp Feb 23, 2015 4:41pm | Post# 1615

{quote} Well, personally i didnt like your comment...he had done everything and he is the one to judge further what he wants to do.... Plz dont complain and plz dont disrespect him....
lol....you want a magic number for the next EA in your last post...why ?
GT's work is fantastic... it's enough...don't move

qFish Feb 23, 2015 5:04pm | Post# 1616

{quote} lol....you want a magic number for the next EA in your last post...why ? GT's work is fantastic... it's enough...don't move
Guys, it's still in testing mode, how is it "enough." We can never be "enough" with the market. We need to be open minded to new ideas. Yes, the EA shows potential, but it also shows potential for blow out. That's why you and me are here helping GT to test it, whether it be live or demo, which are two completely different beasts concerning psychology and trade management. That's why we are at version 1.1. If it was enough, we would have never moved from 1.0. CE needs healthy upgrades, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0... and so on. We can only make it better and limited by our imagination. Let's not close ourselves off here. I've already congregated all the ideas here and even coded a similiar system with a lot of potential in backtests, all thanks to everyone. So let's respect each other's opinions and stay open minded to everyone's suggestions. Whether GT decides to make any version free, public, or cost, I respect that. No biggie and no worries. Plus, it's not like he doesn't, he hasn't even said anything about it yet, so let's not jump to conclusions. We all should focus on the trade, like BillYon, and Spyder. Take whatever we can use and forget the rest. Anyways, CE 1.1 is showing promising results for UJ, AU, and NU (avoiding GU and EU like a plague for now). Trust me, GT needs our help as much as we need his. So let's help each other improve. Keep on keeping.

-qFish

JoshuaHope Feb 23, 2015 5:09pm | Post# 1617

{quote} Guys, it's still in testing mode, how is it "enough." We can never be "enough" with the market. We need to be open minded to new ideas. Yes, the EA shows potential, but it also shows potential for blow out. That's why you and me are here helping GT to test it, whether it be live or demo, which are two completely different beasts concerning psychology and trade management. That's why we are at version 1.1. If it was enough, we would have never moved from 1.0. CE needs healthy upgrades, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0... and so on. We can only make it better...
Well said qFish.

armyda Feb 23, 2015 5:15pm | Post# 1618

1 Attachment(s)
today in real but what effort!!!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Cattura.PNG
Size: 78 KB

spyderman Feb 23, 2015 6:06pm | Post# 1619

The trouble with jumping back and forth with the trend change is sometimes the dang thing flips back and forth.
So hedging the previous grid is going to be an issue.

I'm wondering about perhaps setting a benchmark on where to hedge, for example if we have a long grid and trend switches to short, not putting on a hedge or taking short trades until trend is at least 55 or 60%. That would cut down on the whipsaw effect.

Alyle Feb 23, 2015 9:25pm | Post# 1620

{quote} I like the tighter grid settings for this setup So ver 1.1 trend conf 10 step 2 tp 5 lot 0.01 every 5k Ver 1.0 trend conf 10 step 4 tp 3 lot match ver 1.1 Try many different settings and see what you get. Those setting give strong DD at time so watch it. That is the setup I used on 4 horseman
Hey,BY.Would like to ask for some detail.

1.You setup on 4 paris at same time and 0.01 lot every 5k?
2.According to you experience, when is the best time to close the 1.0 orders?
3.Your max DD?

Thanks.

© Forex Factory