Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Can I recover trades with only 10% equity left? Please help! (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=515248)

BenderTrader Nov 29, 2014 6:28am | Post# 121

It can be done , it will be done - will keep posting to show my progress

Waitnsee Nov 29, 2014 6:35am | Post# 122

i might be able to save you

oil went from 80 dollars brent uk price to 69.75 in a week this last week - if you would of put 50k on that as a sell you would have roughly 330.000 british pounds

next week or within a month oil is predicted to go to 65 or even 60 - thus why not put 50k on a sell and take profit at 65 with no stop loss, as oil bounce up a few dollars is likely, but oil rise is almost impossible in this current market, so no stop loss means you cant close trade with short spike up, then you just hold for drop

at 65 dollars a barrell - youll have 165k pounds 260,000 usd - take profits, then reassess to trade down lower if oil keeps falling

the black stuff could save you

stewrigh Nov 29, 2014 6:40am | Post# 123

It can be done , it will be done - will keep posting to show my progress
Would you like to share your plan B

BenderTrader Nov 29, 2014 6:40am | Post# 124

i might be able to save you oil went from 80 dollars brent uk price to 69.75 in a week this last week - if you would of put 50k on that as a sell you would have roughly 330.000 british pounds next week or within a month oil is predicted to go to 65 or even 60 - thus why not put 50k on a sell and take profit at 65 with no stop loss, as oil bounce up a few dollars is likely, but oil rise is almost impossible in this current market, so no stop loss means you cant close trade with short spike up, then you just hold for drop at 65 dollars a barrell -...

Interesting indeed - I had a look on oil - was thinking of it but was hesitant to act

Maybe I should take a closer look

BenderTrader Nov 29, 2014 6:43am | Post# 125

{quote} Would you like to share your plan B

My plan is this - Right now positions are locked in - but a simple release of 10 % of the sell lots each time I see a possible upward movement I take it

Whatever profit I make from the sell I close off some of the buy lots from the top thereby reducing my pip fall and exposure

So now if I keep doing that - each 100 pips gained on upward banks me in 9000 and if market drops I sell - use profits and remove some lots from the top

This way the balance stays the same - equity increases and pip fall is reduced

BenderTrader Nov 29, 2014 6:44am | Post# 126

He he he ..... If it were real money, there's no way to have that many open positions of that size ..... You figure it out why ..... Someone must be laughing his a** off enjoying beer while reading the responses ........ Once in a while someone will show up with this prank - this is not the first time hahaha Edit: you removed the post with screen capture after you are busted Is this a new marketing strategy? Post 939,288 {image}

I removed the screenshot because of comments like this - it is not a demo - it is a REAL account - REAL problems too

Im just putting this out here as I want to see others opinions on this

Dont judge another until you have walked their path

PhAnTi' Nov 29, 2014 6:46am | Post# 127

Yes..it is possible with professional.

BenderTrader Nov 29, 2014 6:46am | Post# 128

At lot of interesting replies in this thread. The OP has not told how he has hedged or locked his positions. If he has them locked similar to a grid, he can dig himself out as the market fluctuates between the high and low of his grid. If he has many positions clustered around specific price levels, then he is in serious trouble unless he gets very lucky, and he should start scaling out in a recovery type method. OP, no one can really help you unless we know how you are positioned. If you are not willing to share that. That's okay. Start anew with...

Hi - basically all positions are locked but waiting to be released and cut off with profits - I figure this is safer than trading the equity and adding new risk - I can add to equity by small hedge releases each time without adding a significant new risk to the account

stewrigh Nov 29, 2014 6:51am | Post# 129

{quote} Hi - basically all positions are locked but waiting to be released and cut off with profits - I figure this is safer than trading the equity and adding new risk - I can add to equity by small hedge releases each time without adding a significant new risk to the account
B can you show us the current status of your positions - not interested in $ amts just position and where you got in - whether long or short/hedged.

Ken A Nov 29, 2014 6:51am | Post# 130

That's right everything on the internet is REAL ....

PhAnTi' Nov 29, 2014 6:54am | Post# 131

stewrigh Nov 29, 2014 6:54am | Post# 132

It is what it is - we just need to sift the wheat from the chaff.

Ken A Nov 29, 2014 7:07am | Post# 133

1 Attachment(s)
A stranger over the internet who is sincerely asking for help would have his Trade Explorer up for the public before even asking for help. Only then he will deserve a sincere feedback.

For example:

1. Post 42,941

Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 311 KB

trader121 Nov 29, 2014 7:54am | Post# 134

Can accounts be traded with only 10 % equity - have so many bad trades opened at 1.3600 on EUR USD Long - Help please anyone The accounts involved have large sums - Please any help is needed
NO, you can't. You have absolutely no idea how to trade, what makes you think you can recover your account?

Someone who fails to hold a tennis racket in his hand cannot win the US Open.

My advice: Close out all positions immedeately

srt Nov 29, 2014 8:05am | Post# 135

A stranger over the internet who is sincerely asking for help would have his Trade Explorer up for the public before even asking for help. Only then he will deserve a sincere feedback. For example: Post 42,941 {image}
He had all positions shown at one time. When I saw it he had approximately 80-100 lots of EU long & all hedged short. He had about 10-12 lots of GJ long & all hedged short. The EU lots were entered in 4 or 5 trades about 18 lots each trade. The GJ lots were entered in 3 trades. With all positions fully hedged (locked), in reality he has no exposure so could just close all trades but it would just cost more in commissions to re-establish new positions so might as well slowly remove positions watching the swings up & down.

I have not idea if real or not but an interesting experiment to see the opinions of how to get out of the mess :-)

Waitnsee Nov 29, 2014 8:28am | Post# 136

senior analyst at bank - with lots of similar commentary suggested usd keeps rising, euro going into trouble with QE on the horizon and growth problems, who would back a rise in euro against dollar with this as a market condition backdrop, perhaps small ups, but nothing big, all predictions are for euro further fall until later next year if dollar and us encounter problems with over use of QE eg the sting in the tail

i dont mean to sound mean but i was tearing my hair out this last two weeks when i made one big loss on oil circa 8k and then i was even more angry with myself this week when i made a similar mistake that cost me 2k -- but ive only been trading a month and i am in positive almost every day trading, ive doubled my original balance, so for the life of me i cant understand anyone new to trading who would bet 800k

with 800k you should of had porfolio of investments, some gold, some bonds, some on us stock market snp 500 and russell, a percentage on oil short which has been since june, some forex mainly buy usd , and then just manage portfolio -- as in a hedge fund, i have no idea what you actually did to lose this much - perhaps you could explain a little more -

your hail mary should be oil down - wait for little bounce eg 72 dollars this week, then short it and hope for fall to 60

PhAnTi' Nov 29, 2014 8:39am | Post# 137

try to use the power of the moon!

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...33#post4364133

PhAnTi' Nov 29, 2014 8:41am | Post# 138

senior analyst at bank - with lots of similar commentary suggested usd keeps rising, euro going into trouble with QE on the horizon and growth problems, who would back a rise in euro against dollar with this as a market condition backdrop, perhaps small ups, but nothing big, all predictions are for euro further fall until later next year if dollar and us encounter problems with over use of QE eg the sting in the tail i dont mean to sound mean but i was tearing my hair out this last two weeks when i made one big loss on oil circa 8k and then i was...
my girlfriend and me waiting for savings of around 150.000 to make a 52 week world tour (lifetime dream of us).... and these guys burn 800.000 $ buying eurusd....

PXDTrader Nov 29, 2014 9:00am | Post# 139

Do you know how to hedge with options, futures, etc? I would try to see what is the total delta of this account and then I will hedge to make it delta neutral.Or sell calls/puts against your existing position. You will not need more margin, but unfortunatelly a covered call and its equivalent for puts (sell puts against short position=wraper) are still unlimited risk strategies, contrary to what many brokers are recommended. Or use complex strategies w/ controlled risk, like butterflies, condors, and other spread combinations.
But anyway, to drop the account to 10% is against any trading rule. Do you play the fundamentals? This woudl help too w/ your hedges. Better you should talk to a pro, who maybe will ask you at least 30% of your repaired account. Hedging w/ options you can still free the margin.

Ken A Nov 29, 2014 9:01am | Post# 140

1 Attachment(s)
Can I make only 10% return p.a ? Please help!

I don't know how to trade and have large sum of money available

PROOF

Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 4 KB

But you will have to wire me minimum 10% of the equity to let you trade that account

Sound familiar?

Hehehe ......

Edit: the picture is made in Adobe Lab

Saturday entertainment

© Forex Factory