Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Pair Strength Analyzer indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=513671)

Edd Ganuelas Nov 19, 2014 10:43am | Post# 21

1 Attachment(s)
Totally AWESOME {image}
Erebus,

Yours is different from what I have downloaded. How did you do that.

Edd
PriceAnalyzer.docx

Shabs19 Nov 19, 2014 11:48am | Post# 22

1 Attachment(s)
Just change some of the settings

Click to Enlarge

Name: pair analyser.jpg
Size: 387 KB

Nice tool by the way, Thanks Hanover. Any more Gems lying around ?

Edd Ganuelas Nov 19, 2014 12:51pm | Post# 23

Just change some of the settings {image} Nice tool by the way, Thanks Hanover. Any more Gems lying around ?
Shabs,

I exactly copied your settings, but it is not appearing in my side.

I am not sure why.

Edd

Shabs19 Nov 19, 2014 12:53pm | Post# 24

Maybe you do not need the suffix - leave blank.
Read the manual attached, plenty of things you can adjust to your liking.

Motiram Nov 19, 2014 2:18pm | Post# 25

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Shabs, I exactly copied your settings, but it is not appearing in my side. I am not sure why. Edd
Hello Edd Ganuelas,
Please try to change setting where red arrow is shown
Regards,
Moti
Click to Enlarge

Name: Pair Strength Analyzer Setting.JPG
Size: 170 KB

Big_A Nov 19, 2014 2:45pm | Post# 26

Many thanks, the tool is invaluable. I appreciate your kindness.

Erebus Nov 19, 2014 3:50pm | Post# 27

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Erebus, Yours is different from what I have downloaded. How did you do that. Edd {file}
As suggested, try changing a few setting, here are my current settings. The title on top is created in another indicator as shown
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20-11-2014 6-47-53 AM.png
Size: 105 KB

Erebus Nov 19, 2014 3:56pm | Post# 28

2 Attachment(s)
This is really great, thank you Hanover. It would be excellent if we could start an alternate thread on discoveries and possible methods using this tool.
Exactly, we need it to flash a message on the screen as shown, go the CHF-JPY, can Hanover program that?

Click to Enlarge

Name: 20-11-2014 6-51-48 AM.png
Size: 55 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 20-11-2014 6-54-07 AM.png
Size: 38 KB

Shabs19 Nov 19, 2014 5:29pm | Post# 29

In final Scale Value input, change to 100.0

It will make the column numbers into a percentage & that is a lot easier to read.

Changing the TF of the chart that the indicator is attached to, seems to throw up different values.

moneyflow21 Nov 19, 2014 7:22pm | Post# 30

{quote} Hi Han... This Indicator is very good for those that trade the Basket pairs which I do. It really helps to know which pair group are likely going to be movers for the trading session and simply focus on those basket of Pairs. Basket Trading has its risks but with the right tools and a little bit of understanding and patience, you easily can make a few thousand pips a month after months. This changes your game and lifestyle indeed. Thanks for deciding to share the tool hope you keep up with that spirit and share more tools you probably still...
I couldn't have said it any better.

Thank you all

Edd Ganuelas Nov 19, 2014 9:25pm | Post# 31

{quote} Hello Edd Ganuelas, Please try to change setting where red arrow is shown Regards, Moti {image}
Hi Motiram,

Thank you. The indi do not refresh itself. Just save it in my template and load it once and a while and you will noticed that new data is refreshing the old one.

Edd

hanover Nov 19, 2014 10:32pm | Post# 32

@everybody: thanks for the feeback.

Changing the TF of the chart that the indicator is attached to, seems to throw up different values.
Different TF = different candle closes = different regression lines = different values. You can choose to make the TF(s) over which the regressions are plotted by changing PeriodsForRegr to either absolute values, or values relative to the current chart. See the PDF.

Any more Gems lying around ?
Be fair. You guys are my competitors in a zero sum activity. LOL

Exactly, we need it to flash a message on the screen as shown, go the CHF-JPY, can Hanover program that?
SFA lags, due to the calculations that it performs. Hence the value for CHFJPY would not have been anywhere near as high, at the time of your signal. Set HistoricalShift to a positive value to see what would have been plotted N candles ago. Changing the lengths of the regression lines (LengthsForRegr) also changes the regression lines used, and hence changes the values (see my reply to Shabs19).

As stated in post #1, I am not doing any more programming.

It would be excellent if we could start an alternate thread on discoveries and possible methods using this tool.
Please feel welcome.

Coolbudz223 Nov 19, 2014 10:57pm | Post# 33

@everybody: thanks for the feeback.{quote} Be fair. You guys are my competitors in a zero sum activity. LOL
Don't worry, we can all just milk the banks together, lol

forexdave1 Nov 20, 2014 1:18am | Post# 34

HEHE Funny guy. But seriously. Is it that easy, just pick the highest strength pair, zoom down to a M20 and find an entry?

{quote} Exactly, we need it to flash a message on the screen as shown, go the CHF-JPY, can Hanover program that? {image} {image}

mypipbull Nov 20, 2014 1:42am | Post# 35

The King of Philanthropy......
Thanks David.....

lmjaguar Nov 20, 2014 3:30am | Post# 36

Thanks a lot !!!

Great tool !!!!!!!!!!

Edd Ganuelas Nov 20, 2014 4:25am | Post# 37

@everybody: thanks for the feeback. {quote} Different TF = different candle closes = different regression lines = different values. You can choose to make the TF(s) over which the regressions are plotted by changing PeriodsForRegr to either absolute values, or values relative to the current chart. See the PDF. {quote} Be fair. You guys are my competitors in a zero sum activity. LOL {quote} SFA lags, due to the calculations that it performs. Hence the value for CHFJPY would not have been anywhere near as high, at the time of your signal. Set HistoricalShift...
“‘“The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’

Shabs19 Nov 20, 2014 4:37am | Post# 38

[quote=hanover;7885353]@everybody: thanks for the feedback.{quote} Different TF = different candle closes = different regression lines = different values. You can choose to make the TF(s) over which the regressions are plotted by changing PeriodsForRegr to either absolute values, or values relative to the current chart. See the PDF.{quote} Be fair. You guys are my competitors in a zero sum activity. LOL {quote}]

I think it is useful to compare readings on different timeframes, helps to spot a valid trend. Strongest trending pairs in 2 or 3 timeframes worth looking at.

The tool is not to trade blindly, but to help you to narrow down candidates, then apply your method for trading. Avoiding ranging markets.

I will play about with it further & give you some feedback. Thanks again.

sharemaster2 Nov 20, 2014 5:05am | Post# 39

Be fair. You guys are my competitors in a zero sum activity. LOL {quote}

Hano...

How are we competitors, we all want to get the Brokers Broke together I'd thought and the more we do it together the better. In this business, we all need to learn we are all on the same side as this is different from all other forms of business. If you have more goodies in your closet, lest have it. There is a thrillion dollars in the market everyday, you can't have it all erh?? lol

Thanks for sharing anyway and hope we all get the Broker Broke and all in to our accounts.

hanover Nov 20, 2014 11:12am | Post# 40

Basket Trading has its risks but with the right tools and a little bit of understanding and patience, you easily can make a few thousand pips a month after months. This changes your game and lifestyle indeed…….. The more you share the more good happens to you.
How are we competitors, we all want to get the Brokers Broke together I'd thought and the more we do it together the better. In this business, we all need to learn we are all on the same side as this is different from all other forms of business.
OK then, I’ll share a few more tools when you share your strategy that can “easily make a few thousand pips a month after months.”

© Forex Factory