Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   TMS and Me (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=511468)

birdnest Nov 10, 2014 10:57pm | Post# 81

Following your thread. Your journey is giving me inspiration

Direwolf Nov 10, 2014 11:04pm | Post# 82

Welcome birdnest. Glad I can help.

Direwolf Nov 10, 2014 11:39pm | Post# 83

1 Attachment(s)
GBPJPY H1 +32 pips (1R)
Name:  2014-11-11_1137.png
Views: 1410
Size:  21 KB

Direwolf Nov 10, 2014 11:58pm | Post# 84

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone.

A question was posted here and I think can help demonstrate what I am looking for regarding signals.
The chart in question was AUDUSD H1.
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...16#post7860816

Was that a reversal or traders taking profit? Would you take it?

In my opinion, it's quite pointless to try figure out the first question.

But would I take it? That's easy looking at TDI right? The up cross happened down at 32 so, there you go.

So what do I want? I want to give it time so Green and Red can go back around 50.
Then, if there's a cross down, it could be a good signal to short.
Name:  2014-11-11_1125.png
Views: 1379
Size:  13 KB

And guess what, AUDUSD did exactly that.
Name:  2014-11-11_1139.png
Views: 1374
Size:  17 KB

I hope that's useful. I'm not taking it as my goal for today has already been met and I have to leave soon for an appointment

Take care.

jeetvirk Nov 11, 2014 3:23am | Post# 85

1 Attachment(s)
AU Trade in progress

***** Update TP hit got 28 pips 1R
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSDH1.png
Size: 65 KB

sdatta Nov 11, 2014 3:46am | Post# 86

AU Trade in progress ***** Update TP hit got 28 pips 1R {image}
Hi jeetvirk

Nice,,,

which dashboard are you using for the news event?

thx

pete123 Nov 11, 2014 4:26am | Post# 87

{quote} Hi jeetvirk Nice,,, which dashboard are you using for the news event? thx
Hi sdatta,

See post 51 of this thread, the link is just above the last chart in the post.

Cheers

Pete

sdatta Nov 11, 2014 6:47am | Post# 88

{quote} Hi sdatta, See post 51 of this thread, the link is just above the last chart in the post. Cheers Pete
Hey pete,

my bad, thanks

cheers

jeetvirk Nov 11, 2014 7:59am | Post# 89

{quote} Hi sdatta, See post 51 of this thread, the link is just above the last chart in the post. Cheers Pete
Thanks Pete.

jeetvirk Nov 11, 2014 8:13am | Post# 90

Hi Direwolf Want to ask you which pairs u focus.

Thanks

regards
jeet

tetis Nov 11, 2014 9:07am | Post# 91

nice journal subscribed

Direwolf Nov 11, 2014 11:22pm | Post# 92

Hi everyone. My home internet is broken at the moment so I can't trade/post much until it's fixed. Using my laptop from a cafe right now.

@jeetvirk. I flip through quite a lot of pairs when I look for signal.
The better pairs that pops up in my mind when I think about it are AUD pairs and some CAD pairs.
Pairs that I don't like much are EURGBP and EURCHF as their move is really tiny.

I'll see if I can demonstrate how I flip pairs with my laptop.

Direwolf Nov 12, 2014 12:59am | Post# 93

3 Attachment(s)
I used to have tons of pairs opened, lining up the bottom of my MT4.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2014-11-12_1135.png
Size: 6 KB
At one point, some will fall off to the side. Scrolling back and forth just to find the one you want can get really annoying. Plus, they make MT4 really slow to start up.

It was Gil again who showed me an alternative. Today I only have 1 chart per template and use the Market Watch to flip through pairs.

By right-clicking and turning off Auto Arrange, you can resize column and push the useless numbers off to the side.
Name:  2014-11-12_1142.png
Views: 1170
Size:  11 KB

I then show all symbols, delete the ones I don't need and drag/drop to arrange them in the way that makes the most sense to me.
Next, simply drag and drop the symbols onto your chart.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2014-11-12_1254.png
Size: 72 KB

If you draw any custom lines, they would be there when you switched back to it, too.

I usually start flipping through pairs 1-2 minutes before candle close.

TheScorpS Nov 12, 2014 2:16am | Post# 94

Hi

Nice to hear your story and see this thread growing following TMS and ur journal, good luck

I read some nice tips in the thread about TDI, thanks

BenderTrader Nov 12, 2014 4:34am | Post# 95

Hi

I am so glad to have come across this thread as I have been trading TMA Bands for about 4 years now, very successfully I may add.

I thought I was crazy as I did not know others used it as I did, in fact I always used the bands just like you on the EUR USD and made fantastic profits, however since I am a full time trader what I did not like on the H1 charts was that at mid band you are just trading till the top of 15 mins

SO I changed to 15 min charts, however about two years ago one May after making many fantastic profits I went into a huge dd...reason was I did not take the daily TF into account

So now I added the ffg :

14 MA to the 15 min charts
Macd to filter the timing
Trade when all in a row

If you would like to discuss these things more let me know, I dont want to hijack your amazing thread here...

honeybadger Nov 12, 2014 4:52am | Post# 96

Psychology & Me There were 2 turning points in 2014 which greatly affect my psychology. 1 good, 1 bad. The BAD January 2014, I quit my job. Not to trade FOREX, by the way, but due to personal reasons and workspace drama. FOREX however was 1 of my solution... since my demo in 2013 was so awesome, I decided to go live for the second time. And that was where the bad one began. With no other source of income, I felt so much pressure to make money with FOREX. I had to, I NEED to, was all I could think of. All the things that I've learned, forgotten....
Thanks for the journal!

This point is pretty much my story where my trading took a positive turn too. The moment I started caring less about finding signals the more better it got. I had been looking at screens constantly even at time where I had no signals only to find good signals being missed when I was tired or sleeping. Somehow along the way I got broed and started caring less about my signals. Although I have a very simple price action strategy in place which works well. But Now I see my screen and browse along charts available on my terminal. If I get a signal I trade it and close the terminal.

I really have made a lot of money by caring less about it. Although I won't say that I don't have a system in place. I really worked hard to learn and get used to the system I use. But I am no more running after the entries and It's much much much more than just doubling my account that I have done in past few months.

Thanks !

Direwolf Nov 12, 2014 6:38am | Post# 97

Hi Nice to hear your story and see this thread growing following TMS and ur journal, good luck I read some nice tips in the thread about TDI, thanks
Hi ScorpS. Thanks for dropping by, it's good to see you here

Hi I am so glad to have come across this thread as I have been trading TMA Bands for about 4 years now, very successfully I may add....
Hello and welcome BenderTrader! You are definitely not alone, we have a full group of traders using it
I would love to learn more about your method if you don't mind sharing, please. Thanks in advance!

{quote} Thanks for the journal! This point is pretty much my story where my trading took a positive turn too. The moment I started caring less about finding signals the more better it got....
Hello and welcome honeybadger! Thanks for sharing your story.

Such valuable (and expensive) lesson I learned from live trading indeed hehe... For the longest time I believe one can master FOREX by forward trading demo and used to disagree so much when others said we need to trade live and get hurt to properly learn trading psychology. Funny enough, I myself proved the latter to be true.

WDays Nov 12, 2014 7:04am | Post# 98

Nothing like adding funds to an account to really get your inner gambler going I myself being a poker player as well as a trader do find a lot of similarities between both

BenderTrader Nov 12, 2014 7:35am | Post# 99

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi ScorpS. Thanks for dropping by, it's good to see you here {quote} Hello and welcome BenderTrader! You are definitely not alone, we have a full group of traders using it I would love to learn more about your method if you don't mind sharing, please. Thanks in advance! {quote} Hello and welcome honeybadger! Thanks for sharing your story. Such valuable (and expensive) lesson I learned from live trading indeed hehe... For the longest time I believe one can master FOREX by forward trading demo and used to disagree so much when others...

Hi there Direwolf

Lovely thread you got going here - glad to see so many other users of TMA Bands

Basically here is a chart setup for my trades

I use the TMA with True Distances Indicator and the Bollingers to show me the ceiling and Floors which is where I usually place my TPs

I also use MACD and the SMA 14 for timing of entries

I just added the TDI after reading your thread and am checking it out....

I trade the 15 min charts cos the top of the 15 min chart is basically the mid band of H1 - I check the Daily trend and see if it is sync with H1 , H4 and then 15 min then Im good to go

Please check it out guys and let me know what you think, what can I improve?

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM15.png
Size: 43 KB

Direwolf Nov 12, 2014 7:46am | Post# 100

1 Attachment(s)
0.5 R USDCAD Today. +12 pips, SL 24 pips. Was hoping for an ABCD but it couldn't break TMA.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2014-11-12_1943.png
Size: 21 KB

© Forex Factory