Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Carpe diem: Intraday tactics for Dax and Dow (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=506246)

tunera Sep 29, 2014 9:16am | Post# 21

sl hit. -10
May i give you an advice in a very humble way (i'm sure you trade from some time and already know your stuffs in terms of trading).

I see you got stopped out 2 times (at -10 each), my humble advice is just try to avoid using stoplosses, especially little ones, in the long run they are an account killer! At least they are with me.

So.. no little stoplosses of course you better use them when trading counter trend, but if your trade goes in the trend direction then let the market breath without forcing you to take a loss in the process.

You would have to try the game of sell high buy low, and be prepared for some floating drawdown from time to time, so there is always some risk involved.
But, using a 10pips stoploss in the DAX (that move 160pips daily on average) is just a very difficult way of making money!

deltaone Sep 29, 2014 9:31am | Post# 22

{quote} May i give you an advice in a very humble way (i'm sure you trade from some time and already know your stuffs in terms of trading). I see you got stopped out 2 times (at -10 each), my humble advice is just try to avoid using stoplosses, especially little ones, in the long run they are an account killer! At least they are with me. So.. no little stoplosses of course you better use them when trading counter trend, but if your trade goes in the trend direction then let the market breath without forcing you to take a loss in the process. You...
hi tunera,

thanks for your polite and friendly advice.

sometimes itīs a very difficult way, sometimes itīs a very profitable way. over the several years iīm trading the dax intraday, the outcome on average is ok for me. i could have done better, thatīs true. i have a maximum loss rule of -50 points a day, if this is reached, i stop trading and wait for the next extra opening. so, at minimum i have three bullets left in the rifle

Ata-Turkoglu Sep 29, 2014 9:45am | Post# 23

Fdax (15 min.)

As long as price stays below 9465 I stay short..
If it wants to fall down more IMO 9432 could be retested first..

Happy Trades

tunera Sep 29, 2014 9:55am | Post# 24

{quote} hi tunera, thanks for your polite and friendly advice. sometimes itīs a very difficult way, sometimes itīs a very profitable way. over the several years iīm trading the dax intraday, the outcome on average is ok for me. i could have done better, thatīs true. i have a maximum loss rule of -50 points a day, if this is reached, i stop trading and wait for the next extra opening. so, at minimum i have three bullets left in the rifle
Ohh that's great then, i must say i've no experience on indices (done some trades on various indices from time to time during the years, but got burned most of the time).

Too much fast and large moves everyday compared to currencies, maybe the approach "fixed stoploss" is really the best one here

I'm still looking around to find out the best way to trade this instruments, so great to have a thread where to see how other people trade.. thanks!

Ata-Turkoglu Sep 29, 2014 11:36am | Post# 25

Fdax (15 min.) As long as price stays below 9465 I stay short.. If it wants to fall down more IMO 9432 could be retested first.. Happy Trades
As I mentioned ealier FDAX is still retesting 9432 and I am waiting with my short from 9492, till it gives up trying or till it climbs over 9463.. (The SL of my position is safely at 9466 and +26 points already guaranteed)

Happy Trades

deltaone Sep 29, 2014 11:42am | Post# 26

{quote} Ohh that's great then, i must say i've no experience on indices (done some trades on various indices from time to time during the years, but got burned most of the time). Too much fast and large moves everyday compared to currencies, maybe the approach "fixed stoploss" is really the best one here I'm still looking around to find out the best way to trade this instruments, so great to have a thread where to see how other people trade.. thanks!
youīre welcome. i had very bad experiences with taking overnight-risk and having no sl in 2008/2009... will never trade again without sl

deltaone Sep 29, 2014 11:47am | Post# 27

{quote} As I mentioned ealier FDAX is still retesting 9432 and I am waiting with my short from 9492, till it gives up trying or till it climbs over 9463.. (The SL of my position is safely at 9466 and +26 points already guaranteed) Happy Trades
comfortable position. iīm done with dax for today and switched to dow. atm daily pivot is the maximum there i guess. will wait for the 1h-candle close in order to get a better view...

http://td.md.it-finance.com/ProRealT...g&purpose=file

deltaone Sep 29, 2014 12:06pm | Post# 28

ok, bearish engulfing followed by three black crows on 1m timeframe:

short dow @ 17061, sl 17081 tp 17001

deltaone Sep 29, 2014 12:26pm | Post# 29

ok, bearish engulfing followed by three black crows on 1m timeframe: short dow @ 17061, sl 17081 tp 17001
sl = be now.

geomoon Sep 29, 2014 12:28pm | Post# 30

Hi deltaone,

Congrats on the new thread , that's Cool.....
Cheers

deltaone Sep 29, 2014 12:31pm | Post# 31

Hi deltaone, Congrats on the new thread , that's Cool..... Cheers
hi geomoon,

thanks!

cheers

deltaone Sep 29, 2014 12:34pm | Post# 32

stop is @ +10 now.

deltaone Sep 29, 2014 12:39pm | Post# 33

stop is @ +20 now.

deltaone Sep 29, 2014 1:18pm | Post# 34

stopped out. +20

deltaone Sep 29, 2014 2:23pm | Post# 35

dow crazy-hour ahead, everything is possible. will s1 hold? waiting...

http://td.md.it-finance.com/ProRealT...g&purpose=file

if h1 closes below s1, this would be a sign dow will move to daily low, i guess. also, psycho-level would be breached...

deltaone Sep 29, 2014 3:18pm | Post# 36

still daily p as a barrier for dow? switching to 1m binaries...

deltaone Sep 30, 2014 1:40am | Post# 37

good morning,

last trading day of the month and the quarter. dax is red on both time frames and is below 200d-line. my bias remains short.

xetra-close 29.9. 9422,91
fdax-close 29.9. 9430,00

Pivots:

r3 9699
r2 9622
r1 9522
p 9445
s1 9345
s2 9268
s3 9168

good luck!

cat Sep 30, 2014 3:07am | Post# 38

Good to see this new thread solely for the Dax and Dow, I shall contribute when and if I have anything useful to say. Take note of a very healthy looking diversion with MACD on the Dax H1 tf. I'm not long but I have a long bias for today, but, I need the price to come back somewhat, can't say exactly to where as I don't know how high this pop up will reach. I think pivot R1 will be a good sort of area to look to for any upside move, though could go higher - never really know with the Dax. Good luck.

deltaone Sep 30, 2014 3:14am | Post# 39

xetra gap closed. and now?

Haendlerin Sep 30, 2014 3:16am | Post# 40

I don't expect any bigger movement until 11am = CPI Eurozone

© Forex Factory