Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   TPT - Trend pullback trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=504242)

Thruline Sep 13, 2014 6:09pm | Post# 1

TPT - Trend pullback trading

3 Attachment(s)
This is a profitable method if you follow the rules. Any time frame from 15mins up.

Buy:

1) Blue trendline
2) Price above trendline
3) 50 CCI histogram blue; 14 CCI histogram blue OR flips from red to blue prior to entry bar
4) Heiken Ashi red on pullback, turns white before or on entry
5) Enter on move past last pivot high (fractal)
6) Stop below last pivot low
7) Take profit at 1:1 or next pivot line, BUT move stop to break even on any move of 10+ pips AND/OR take partial profits

Sell:

1) Red trendline
2) Price below trendline
3) 50 CCI histogram red; 14 CCI histogram red OR flips from blue to red prior to entry bar
4) Heiken Ashi white on pullback, turns red before or on entry
5) Enter on move past last pivot low (fractal)
6) Stop above last pivot high
7) Take profit at 1:1 or next pivot line, BUT move stop to break even on any move of 10+ pips AND/OR take partial profits

Trading times: 1am - 5am EST, 7am - 11am EST OR when you see sufficient volatility, however you measure that.
Vary time frames based on volatility; go to lower time frame to improve entry and reduce risk.

Indicators and template below.

Buy examples:

Click to Enlarge

Name: buy examples.jpg
Size: 134 KB

Sell examples:

Click to Enlarge

Name: Sell examples.jpg
Size: 64 KB

Indies and template: Trendline indie from Symphonie thread

TPT.zip

balouf Sep 14, 2014 2:30pm | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
Symphonie_Trendline_Indikator.mq4 doesn't work. I have tried to download it and I get the message below.
Click to Enlarge

Name: symphonie.PNG
Size: 6 KB

Thruline Sep 14, 2014 3:57pm | Post# 3

Balouf, I checked the indicator and it's good on my platform. Not sure what this problem could be.

Thruline Sep 14, 2014 4:34pm | Post# 4

2 Attachment(s)
A sell and a buy on 30m GPBJPY.

Click to Enlarge

Name: 30m.jpg
Size: 96 KB

The same buy on a 15m chart gives a better entry and shows another valid signal from the day before (ellipses).

Click to Enlarge

Name: 15m.jpg
Size: 82 KB

vinstar Sep 14, 2014 4:51pm | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Symphonie_Trendline_Indikator.mq4 doesn't work. I have tried to download it and I get the message below. {image}
Try now, Balouf.
Thanks Thruline for sharing the method.
Symphonie_Trendline_Indikator.mq4

balouf Sep 14, 2014 6:08pm | Post# 6

{quote} Try now, Balouf. Thanks Thruline for sharing the method. {file}
Hi Vinstar,
Thank you very much for your indicator.
No problem with it!

Thruline Sep 14, 2014 9:34pm | Post# 7

Ur welcome Vinstar - thanks for ur help!

adai123 Sep 15, 2014 4:05am | Post# 8

hi may i ask you got backtesting this system? if got how long the tiime?

Way2005 Sep 15, 2014 4:47am | Post# 9

thanks for share your way trading its look good way
have question price must be close above pday only or can entry trade if price closed above r1 day or r2 day

Thruline Sep 15, 2014 6:58am | Post# 10

hi may i ask you got backtesting this system? if got how long the tiime?
Adai, no backtesting. If you follow rules, you'll be 70% or better. Trendline indicator and CCI histogram change colors in ranging markets, keeping you out most of the time. You want to see market pullback from up or down move while trendline and CCI 50 DO NOT change color. Look for heiken ashi to change color in pullback; sometimes you must go to lower timeframe to see heiken ashi color change.

Thruline Sep 15, 2014 7:07am | Post# 11

thanks for share your way trading its look good way have question price must be close above pday only or can entry trade if price closed above r1 day or r2 day
Way, just look for next area of resistance in buy or support in sell. If it's far enough away its worth the risk.

Thruline Sep 15, 2014 7:10am | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
Example of ranging no-trade and valid trade today.

Click to Enlarge

Name: notrade and trade.jpg
Size: 85 KB

Thruline Sep 15, 2014 8:59am | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
Example of going to lower time frame to get valid entry and better price. I like that CCI 15 changes color.

There's also a valid earlier entry on 5m chart at 9:50am (broker time)
that I haven't talked about yet.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurcad.jpg
Size: 151 KB

Nednones Sep 19, 2014 12:52pm | Post# 14

What's the ideal timeframe to use this strategy, presume lower TF for entry but overall view should be on the 1HR?

Thruline Sep 19, 2014 10:11pm | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
What's the ideal timeframe to use this strategy, presume lower TF for entry but overall view should be on the 1HR?
Hey Ned:

The ideal TF is defined by the market action. I'll keep several TFs like 15m and 1hr and look for a clean signal based on the rules. The up move in the Euro Yen was big and looked good on an hourly. The down move reaction was best viewed on a 5m (see chart). So I click through TFs looking for clean signals. Once I find one, then I may go to lower TF looking for better entry; sometimes that works, sometimes not. During Asian, sometimes I'll start at 5m and look for 1m entries, going for scalps. Markets have been more volatile recently so bigger TFs are showing clean signals than in the summer.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_53 Sep. 19 22.03.jpg
Size: 146 KB

reddevil Sep 29, 2014 6:15am | Post# 16

HI Thruline,
started testing your strategy.
Can you elaborate about the entry condition after the pullback? I noticed that sometimes you enter on the second bar and sometimes 3rd bar on the same trend.
in the EJ above, the first arrow shows entry when the current white bar is higher than all the bars on the left. But for 2nd and 3rd arrow, there is a higher white bar to the left.

Hope you can provide more insight on this.?

Thanks.

Ni

Thruline Sep 29, 2014 7:23am | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Ni:

The second arrow is the one where I entered a little bit early on a lower TF. See all the white bar shadows to the left? I'll go in on the shadows sometimes if there's a fractal on a lower TF (see charts below). The rules are to wait for a break of the prior high or low (fractal). On the first and third arrows I did wait for a break of the prior high before entering. I will usually put stop orders in just beyond the last high or low. Occasionally, like the second arrow, I'll go in early, based on a clean signal on lower TF. If you're trading off an hourly chart, for example, it's always good to go to a 5m, 15m or 30m chart and look for a better entry. If I held on to trades longer, the second entry wouldn't be necessary... :-).

I put the fractal arrows in to make it clearer:
Click to Enlarge

Name: fractal entry.jpg
Size: 145 KB

pilotfish Oct 1, 2014 2:32am | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Thruline,

This is current EURJPY on the M30 timeframe, with the trendline (blue) and both CCIs (blue) pointing to a buy signal.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPY 201410010600.jpg
Size: 129 KB

(1) The pullback candle has formed (green up arrow), which means we will have a buy entry once price moves past point A (fractal) ?

(2) As price proceeds, a new fractal is formed (B) while we're waiting for our entry. Do we now move our pending buy to just above point B instead of A?

Thanks!

Thruline Oct 1, 2014 5:12pm | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Pilot:

Are you sure that's EurJpy? I have different price levels and action on my chart. But just looking at the set up, the problem with it is the market appears to have gone in to a trading range. JPY pairs can be ok during Asian market but generally its more choppy and you may want to use a 15m or 5m chart as your base. Smaller TFs, smaller moves.

I posted the same time period below on a 15m chart as the base, 5m chart as entry. Using 5m for entry gets you in 3-4 pips earlier. I didn't take this trade. There was a really nice couple of sell trades during NY session using 15m chart as base.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_54 Oct. 01 17.10.jpg
Size: 109 KB

Thruline Oct 1, 2014 5:31pm | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
EURJPY later during NY trading session. Two really clean 15m sell setups. The first one follows an ABC correction. When the fractal breaks after a visible ABC correction, it can be a big move. Wait for quality signals and search for them on various TFs. If they look right, they usually work out. Try to catch the 1st and 2nd move. After that, odds go down.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_55 Oct. 01 17.29.jpg
Size: 51 KB

© Forex Factory