Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Ichimoku Cloud Break Out Email Alert (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=500089)

mokuro89 Jan 28, 2016 5:50am | Post# 61

{quote} I have added condition for Tenkan above/below the senkou span B Also Price above/below kijun Note that I have not tested this at all, just modified the code {file}
Hi Gumrai, for some reason the alerts (popup and notification) does not work on Renko offline charts?
Im using the ''Price above(buy)/bellow(sell) the clould'', tried with both "only signal on closed candles" true and false, no notifications,
the arrows are printed on chart, but no notifications, nothing on journal neither experts tab

This indicator is the key to my strategy, isnt it able to send notifications on renko ?
Thanks !

abmmalay Jan 28, 2016 5:58am | Post# 62

{quote} Hi Gumrai, for some reason the alerts (popup and notification) does not work on Renko offline charts? Im using the ''Price above(buy)/bellow(sell) the clould'', tried with both "only signal on closed candles" true and false, no notifications, the arrows are printed on chart, but no notifications This indicator is the key to my strategy, isnt it able to send notifications on renko ? Thanks !
Hi Mokuro89,

I would like to share some of my exp, about the renko and mean renko charts with Ichimoku system,

please donot trade ichimoku with renko or mean renko , because it will give most of time wrong signals, when you backtest chart, it will look like very wonderfull entry and exit , but the real trading is very difficult to manage trade entry profitable,

my personal suggestion for ichimoku is we can only trade any time frame, because since 2 years i was trading with mean renko , i could not able to maintain a consistent entry and exit

if you have any idea, pls post with attachment

we will discuss

thanks

mokuro89 Jan 28, 2016 6:34am | Post# 63

{quote} Hi Mokuro89, I would like to share some of my exp, about the renko and mean renko charts with Ichimoku system, please donot trade ichimoku with renko or mean renko , because it will give most of time wrong signals, when you backtest chart, it will look like very wonderfull entry and exit , but the real trading is very difficult to manage trade entry profitable, my personal suggestion for ichimoku is we can only trade any time frame, because since 2 years i was trading with mean renko , i could not able to maintain a consistent entry and...
Hi abmmalay, my strategy is simple and easy to backtest since ichi doesn't repaint,
its 2.5 to 5pip brick size, only enter direction of bigger trend (only sell or only buy, never mixed), enter on clould break closed candle, SL behind the other side of the clould, TP 2x the SL
around 40-60% win rate on the last months, since its 1:2 R:R its profitable, i can post attachments later when I get home.
The need of the alert is because i trade many charts, and notification on phone is a very must

Gumrai Jan 28, 2016 6:50am | Post# 64

{quote} Hi Gumrai, for some reason the alerts (popup and notification) does not work on Renko offline charts? Im using the ''Price above(buy)/bellow(sell) the clould'', tried with both "only signal on closed candles" true and false, no notifications, the arrows are printed on chart, but no notifications, nothing on journal neither experts tab This indicator is the key to my strategy, isnt it able to send notifications on renko ? Thanks !
I have never done any work with renko or any other offline charts, so I don't know.

mokuro89 Jan 28, 2016 8:33am | Post# 65

{quote} I have never done any work with renko or any other offline charts, so I don't know.
Gumrai, thanks for your reply

I've got an idea, not sure if it is possible: since the Arrows are printed flawless, just the alerts not (on renko), is it Possible to create another indicator that check if New arrows are printed and then send the alert based on this condition? Or another parameter like "send alerts on arrow print", and on the print send the alert, instead the other alert logic already build? Please give me your opinion!

Edit: arrows are hidden from object list,I was not able to get them on code. Hope you can help me ^^

Thanks very much!

abmmalay Jan 28, 2016 9:28am | Post# 66

{quote} Hi abmmalay, my strategy is simple and easy to backtest since ichi doesn't repaint, its 2.5 to 5pip brick size, only enter direction of bigger trend (only sell or only buy, never mixed), enter on clould break closed candle, SL behind the other side of the clould, TP 2x the SL around 40-60% win rate on the last months, since its 1:2 R:R its profitable, i can post attachments later when I get home. The need of the alert is because i trade many charts, and notification on phone is a very must

Ok bigger trend is, what time frame you are looking bigger trend ? and in the bigger trend is how you are analyzing ? i mean its up trend and down trend ,
abdul

Gumrai Jan 28, 2016 7:03pm | Post# 67

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Gumrai, thanks for your reply I've got an idea, not sure if it is possible: since the Arrows are printed flawless, just the alerts not (on renko), is it Possible to create another indicator that check if New arrows are printed and then send the alert based on this condition? Or another parameter like "send alerts on arrow print", and on the print send the alert, instead the other alert logic already build? Please give me your opinion! Edit: arrows are hidden from object list,I was not able to get them on code. Hope you can help me ^^ Thanks...
The arrows are printed from buffers so will not appear in the objects list.
I can only imagine that the code that prevents alerts on all historical arrows and repeat alerts on the same arrow somehow prevents alerts altogether on renko charts.
In the attached version, I have removed some of the checks for the alerts, this may result in additional alerts being created when the platform is started and updating. I have not tested it and do not know whether it will work on renko or not
Ichimoku_Conditions v3.4R.ex4

mokuro89 Jan 29, 2016 6:03am | Post# 68

{quote} The arrows are printed from buffers so will not appear in the objects list. I can only imagine that the code that prevents alerts on all historical arrows and repeat alerts on the same arrow somehow prevents alerts altogether on renko charts. In the attached version, I have removed some of the checks for the alerts, this may result in additional alerts being created when the platform is started and updating. I have not tested it and do not know whether it will work on renko or not {file}
Gumrai, as you said there are additional alerts and no arrows when started, those extra alarms kept going for many minutes, and after that only true alerts.
Thanks very much for releasing this version. It does work with Renko now

lmu-trader Jan 31, 2016 9:42am | Post# 69

{quote} Hi, I checked the code and had made a silly typo so that the sell message was sent by push notification for both buy and sell. So version 3.3 need to be replaced with this {file}
hello
Thank you for this Aler ex4 file, can you give me the mql4 file please as I wish to convert it into a EA so that it can take trades automatically for me.
I would also like to add this the Condition Kumo Twist = True/Flase from the period in Kijun-Sen.

Thanking you in advanced.
lmu-trader

Gumrai Jan 31, 2016 3:42pm | Post# 70

{quote} hello Thank you for this Aler ex4 file, can you give me the mql4 file please as I wish to convert it into a EA so that it can take trades automatically for me. I would also like to add this the Condition Kumo Twist = True/Flase from the period in Kijun-Sen. Thanking you in advanced. lmu-trader
Sorry, as I have already stated just 10 posts before yours, I do not supply the mq4 files.
I would also like to add this the Condition Kumo Twist = True/Flase from the period in Kijun-Sen.
as a twist can occur before or after the current bar, you will have to explain more precisely. If/when I have time, I may be able to do it

lmu-trader Jan 31, 2016 4:09pm | Post# 71

3 Attachment(s)
Thank you for your prompt reply.
My apologise for asking for the mql4 file, I am very new to this site.

can I ask you to make it a EA so it can take trades based on my conditions.

For example;

One of my entry require
TK cross and price Close below Kijun Sen
Chikou Span is below (for short) /above (for long) price from the entry bar
Future cloud bearish crossover from the entry bar.

TP/Close trade when Price closed above Kijun Sen for Short
and for long when Price closed below Kijun Sen

I have enclosed some pciture, hope this helps.

Thank you once again.
Ichimoku guide.txt
Click to Enlarge

Name: MetaTrader 1H.png
Size: 121 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Chart 5m  IC Markets.png
Size: 73 KB

Gumrai Feb 1, 2016 2:59am | Post# 72

I usually only do EAs here if it is something that may interest me personally. I have been meaning to develop an EA with Ichimoku, so I will do this as/when I have time.

lmu-trader Feb 1, 2016 4:47am | Post# 73

Gumrai,
Thank you.
I hope you find my chart and guide lines useful for EA development.
Please share your EA with us.
Many thanks in advace.

mugie Mar 17, 2016 5:34am | Post# 74

Hello Gumrai.
I observed when Chikou crossing or breakout anything, price movements will happen very significant.
I want you help me with this Ichimoku_Conditions v3.4.ex4 indicator. I need to add alert with pop up window for this indicator when :
- Chikou break out Kumo
- Chikou crossing Price
- Chikou crossing Tenkan
- Chikou crossing Kijun
Thank you.

qwerty7071 Apr 19, 2016 4:12pm | Post# 75

Its possible to have alert for all conditions independently eg
- alert for Price above Cloud
- alert for Tenkan above Kjun
- alert for Price above Tebkan
Now arrow set to chart when price make all conditions true.

Regards. Sorry for my English

crunchfx Jun 13, 2016 11:51am | Post# 76

Gumrai

Im not sure if you answered this but is there a reason why the you indicator doesnt send push notifications when used on offline charts. Like renko or range bars. I have other indicators that use push and the work fine.

lctrader11 Nov 2, 2016 7:04pm | Post# 77

I'd like to have an alert for when SSA crosses SSB. Then if it could be programmed to add an "IF" statement that compares the slope of Kijun-sen with the direction of the cross.

Gumrai Nov 6, 2016 4:16pm | Post# 78

I'd like to have an alert for when SSA crosses SSB. Then if it could be programmed to add an "IF" statement that compares the slope of Kijun-sen with the direction of the cross.
I don't know if/when I might have time to do this.

lctrader11 Nov 6, 2016 4:42pm | Post# 79

Thanks for even considering it. I look forward to it when you get a chance.

LiarTrader Mar 8, 2017 10:39am | Post# 80

interesting to follow this thread

© Forex Factory