Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Rookie Talk (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/56-rookie-talk)
-   -   Let's build together a system which makes 1000%/month (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/499091-lets-build-together-a-system-which-makes-1000month)

Proximus Sep 10, 2014 2:53pm | Post# 421

{quote} I have no **** clue what those indicators measure but by the name "Awesome Oscillator" it doesnt seem very scientific isnt it? Gann Fans are just lines drawn to the chart, and pretty subjective... The ROC oscillator measures acceleration, i`ve wanted to look into it, but i didnt had time to do it so far. But my indicator measures velocity, i also posted an indicator which measured speed, the difference between velocity and speed is the direction, while speed is only a scalar , and absolute one , velocity measures the direction of the price...
So did any one of you guys checked out my indicator and experimented with the data ?

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...12#post7728012

Any results, comments or observations?

ForexKnight Sep 11, 2014 4:36am | Post# 422

{quote} So did any one of you guys checked out my indicator and experimented with the data ? http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...12#post7728012 Any results, comments or observations?
i had a look at it. it looks good for now.
im not sure how long will it look good for in few months time or under hectic market conditions.
it can be tested back and forth and see whether it will withstand all these market conditions.
With my experience what i have learnt is that the market moves and the indicator follows only what the market is doing.
now if a trader is looking for tiny SLs and small DDs then we have to move when the market move and not when our indicator moves.
that means get into a trade before the indicator shows us a signal.
this comes with experience.
i have none but i saw traders do it. and you will sit and wonder how dd they do that.

if we get into a trade after our indis show us a signal then the bulk of the move already happened or it formed too big candles to get it also when you get in that time it will give you big DDs.
now before the indis gives a signal there are nice size candles which means small DD.
so also think about this and put this into consideration.

Proximus Sep 12, 2014 5:26am | Post# 423

{quote} i had a look at it. it looks good for now. im not sure how long will it look good for in few months time or under hectic market conditions. it can be tested back and forth and see whether it will withstand all these market conditions. With my experience what i have learnt is that the market moves and the indicator follows only what the market is doing. now if a trader is looking for tiny SLs and small DDs then we have to move when the market move and not when our indicator moves. that means get into a trade before the indicator shows us...
Can you share your results, or alteast specify what you looked at and what parameters you used for the test?

Proximus Sep 12, 2014 5:45am | Post# 424

1 Attachment(s)
Ok so it has come clear that most of you guys would look for intra-day methods

Click to Enlarge

Name: SADASDA.png
Size: 6 KB

But intra-day and intra week is a too broad definition so i made another thread where we should discuss the specific timeframe on which the strategy should be designed, and also if you already have a strategy i`m curious about your timeframe of choice and why you choose it.

So lets discuss that in this thread:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=504116

Proximus Sep 13, 2014 11:13am | Post# 425

Ok in the mean time while you guys check out that thread about TIMEFRAMES.

I have a question to you guys, regarding low winrate systems and high winrate systems.So this is a big dilemma, regarding RR, winrate and risk in general.

Here are the characteristics of these kinds of systems and we must choose between them, or find a common ground between it.

High winrate system:

1. High winrate
  2. Fewer consecutive losses
  3. STOPLOSS needs to be big, and TAKEPROFIT usually small => Risk > Reward
  4. We are in and out quicker from trades
  5. Lot size should be small because SL is big
  6. We have many trades so we are diversified in general
  7. More trades = more times spread paid
  8. We need to deal with a noisy market and must have good execution speed (if we scalp for example)

Low winrate system:

1. Low winrate
  2. More consecutive losses
  3. STOPLOSS can be small, and TAKEPROFIT usually big => Risk < Reward
  4. We hold trades more , if over daily then we can get swaps too
  5. Lot size can be big because SL is small, but because there are more consecutive losses, we need to be careful setting our risk
  6. We have few trades,so we are at the mercy of the market, and we also cant trade many pairs because our leverage is used by higher lot size
  7. Less trades =less times spread paid
  8. We have a smooth market on the long run, and the execution speed doesnt matter

Lets debate this, which system type is more viable ? CHOOSE!!!

Proximus Sep 14, 2014 7:00am | Post# 426

Looks like there is nobody interested in this thread anymore, well if thats the case than i shall not try to force this anymore, looks like this thread is at its end and i shall unsubscribe from here.

merquise Oct 1, 2014 9:21am | Post# 427

Proximus the only way to do this, and I can't think of a better way is to use High Leverage Scalping (10 pip target with insane amount of leverage available) (1 trade per day and minimizing market exposure - withdrawing profit on regular $ amount or interval so to counter the black swan effect which might happen)

gridmaster Oct 29, 2014 2:14am | Post# 428

4 Attachment(s)
I m testing a method on demo. perhaps i m not so strict . so i would like to shere . hope and one try this. i open a big lot manully and put some opposite order by script.
##BREACK EVEN EA.mq4
01 Sell X SL20 TP10.mq4
ma hull.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: Traders Way MetaTrader 4.png
Size: 116 KB

© Forex Factory