Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Need RSI dashboard indicator (Multiple timeframes and pairs) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=498016)

mindfreak87 Aug 6, 2014 3:56am | Post# 1

Need RSI dashboard indicator (Multiple timeframes and pairs)

Hello!

Is there an indicator that output the RSI "value" of chosen pairs / multiple pairs at once? Better from multiple timeframes e.g. 30m, 1h, 4hr, daily? I have found many indicators but they do not display the RSI value, just a green/red arrow. Searching hard for indicator that output the RSI value for many pairs togther instead of hand picking every pair chart.

Would be very helpful if someone is able to create this.

Thanks!

hanover Aug 6, 2014 4:21am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
I found the attached indicator in my archives.

It was created before the build 600 debacle, hence it might not run on build 600 or higher. But you're welcome to give it a try.

If it doesn't work, then I'm afraid I can't help.
RSI dashboard.ex4

mindfreak87 Aug 6, 2014 4:53am | Post# 3

Shall I thank you enough! Many many thanks!! It's working!!

Ck87 Aug 6, 2014 7:11am | Post# 4

I found the attached indicator in my archives. It was created before the build 600 debacle, hence it might not run on build 600 or higher. But you're welcome to give it a try. If it doesn't work, then I'm afraid I can't help. {file}

Hanover, I use a mac, and it seems a lot of these indicators just show a text file for mac download. Is there any way around that?

hanover Aug 6, 2014 5:20pm | Post# 5

{quote} Hanover, I use a mac, and it seems a lot of these indicators just show a text file for mac download. Is there any way around that?
When you say 'mac', is that an Apple computer? If so, I have never used one.

From what I've read, it's possible to run an Apple Mac in 'PC emulation' mode. Then I assume it's possible to run all PC compatible software, including MT4, and to download and use indicators.

Ck87 Aug 6, 2014 5:25pm | Post# 6

{quote} When you say 'mac', is that an Apple computer? If so, I have never used one. From what I've read, it's possible to run an Apple Mac in 'PC emulation' mode. Then I assume it's possible to run all PC compatible software, including MT4, and to download and use indicators.
Yes and yes there's programs like crossover.

But sometimes when I DL indicators they work with no problem on mac…. such as Sonicr indicators…. weird.

Been using stochastic for a while and it just seems RSI is way better but would love to have an indicator alerting me on signals.

hanover Aug 6, 2014 5:49pm | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Yes and yes there's programs like crossover. But sometimes when I DL indicators they work with no problem on mac…. such as Sonicr indicators…. weird. Been using stochastic for a while and it just seems RSI is way better but would love to have an indicator alerting me on signals.
It just occurred to me that the problem might not be mac-related.

A similar problem (files being downloaded as text files) was reported maybe 2-3 years ago, if I recall correctly.

The solution was to download the file by clicking on the 'paper clip' icon at the top of the thread page (see screenshot).

Might be worth a try, if you haven't already done so.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image 134.png
Size: 42 KB

Ck87 Aug 6, 2014 6:04pm | Post# 8

{quote} It just occurred to me that the problem might not be mac-related. A similar problem (files being downloaded as text files) was reported maybe 2-3 years ago, if I recall correctly. The solution was to download the file by clicking on the 'paper clip' icon at the top of the thread page (see screenshot). Might be worth a try, if you haven't already done so. {image}
Still doesn't work..

Don't know why it happens, the indi's that work for me they will appear in MT4 after I drag them into the indicator folde and reopen MT4… find them under Indicators --- custom… but the one's that don't just never appear for some reason.

Ck87 Aug 6, 2014 8:49pm | Post# 9

{quote} It just occurred to me that the problem might not be mac-related. A similar problem (files being downloaded as text files) was reported maybe 2-3 years ago, if I recall correctly. The solution was to download the file by clicking on the 'paper clip' icon at the top of the thread page (see screenshot). Might be worth a try, if you haven't already done so. {image}

You used to develop EA's….. you ever make one that automatically bought/sold when RSI went to certain point? I gotta get someone to make me that…. not an EA in the sense that it has a TP SL and enters on its own…. just the entry on its own would be perfect and I manage the trade myself. I know you clearly state you don't do it anymore but was wondering.

So for example RSI hits xx and the program would auto sell xx lots.

How hard is it for a programmer to make something like that on MT4?

hanover Aug 6, 2014 9:25pm | Post# 10

{quote} You used to develop EA's….. you ever make one that automatically bought/sold when RSI went to certain point? I gotta get someone to make me that…. not an EA in the sense that it has a TP SL and enters on its own…. just the entry on its own would be perfect and I manage the trade myself. I know you clearly state you don't do it anymore but was wondering. So for example RSI hits xx and the program would auto sell xx lots. How hard is it for a programmer to make something like that on MT4?
That sounds like an easy enough job for a competent programmer.

You could try posting in one of the "I code your EAs for free" threads.
Or if you're willing to pay, then you could try something like this or this.

Ck87 Aug 6, 2014 9:26pm | Post# 11

{quote} That sounds like an easy enough job for a competent programmer. You could try posting in one of the "I code your EAs for free" threads. Or if you're willing to pay, then you could try something like this or this.
Thanks han, you're a gem.

TrialAndErrr Jul 12, 2016 9:35pm | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
I found the attached indicator in my archives. It was created before the build 600 debacle, hence it might not run on build 600 or higher. But you're welcome to give it a try. If it doesn't work, then I'm afraid I can't help. {file}
I have been looking everywhere for this! I know your very busy and I'm not even sure if you even own and can modify this code but I have a few questions. First off how does the refreshing periods work? It says +0 is default but can you change that? Next and most important is are you able to make it so that i displays soley currency pairs that you want and not every currency pair possible? For example if I put in the input "AUD,USD,NZD" it gives me every possible combination of the three but maybe I don't want NZD and AUD displayed. There is a bug it seems as well where some of the pairs just show a green 0 in the weekly and monthly values. Ill attach a screen shot. Also is it possible to add decimals to RSI values or will that take up too much space? Lastly why do the currencies pairs themselves light up on the far right red and green sometimes (See EUR/NZD in attached pic)? What does this indicate? And are there alerts able to be added?
Click to Enlarge

Name: audchf-m1-international-capital-markets-2.png
Size: 144 KB

mbisson Oct 27, 2016 4:00am | Post# 13

Do you remember where you got this dashboard from? I like it but it has a few bugs id like to get fixed so I am looking for the mq4 files if you have it.

hanover Oct 27, 2016 10:01am | Post# 14

1 Attachment(s)
I am looking for the mq4 files if you have it.
Found the attached, not sure if it's the same indicator/version. Looks like it also needs these libraries and the build 509 compiler.

I'm not even sure if you even own and can modify this code
Sorry, but I am no longer doing any coding, you could try one of the "I code for free" threads on this forum or Google MT4 programmer for hire.
RSI dashboard.mq4

mbisson Oct 27, 2016 1:16pm | Post# 15

{quote} Found the attached, not sure if it's the same indicator/version. Looks like it also needs these libraries and the build 509 compiler. {quote} Sorry, but I am no longer doing any coding, you could try one of the "I code for free" threads on this forum or Google MT4 programmer for hire. {file}
Thanks you! That is exactly what I was looking for.

javad.111 Nov 22, 2016 12:01am | Post# 16

Hello hanover
This is perfect display but it does not work mt high version as you say,
Do you have new version or not yet ?
Thanks

hanover Nov 22, 2016 1:38am | Post# 17

2 Attachment(s)
This is perfect display but it does not work mt high version as you say
Attached version with default settings generates screenshot below. Using Pepperstone MT4 build 950. Use .ex4 file only (delete .mq4). Price data must be present for all pairs/timeframes that you want to be displayed.
Attachment 2073054
RSI dashboard.ex4

javad.111 Nov 22, 2016 4:43am | Post# 18

{quote} Attached version with default settings generates screenshot below. Using Pepperstone MT4 build 950. Use .ex4 file only (delete .mq4). Price data must be present for all pairs/timeframes that you want to be displayed. {image} {file}
Perfect
That was better if it was unlocked , for modify to CFD use too.
Anyway Thanks dear hanover

javad.111 Nov 27, 2016 10:57pm | Post# 19

{quote} Attached version with default settings generates screenshot below. Using Pepperstone MT4 build 950. Use .ex4 file only (delete .mq4). Price data must be present for all pairs/timeframes that you want to be displayed. {image} {file}
Dear hanover ...Do you see any mt4 to mt5 convertor ? I need this dashboard you attached for mt5 ...
In a other question is that possible mt4 to mt5 convertor ?

hanover Nov 28, 2016 12:55am | Post# 20

Do you see any mt4 to mt5 convertor ? I need this dashboard you attached for mt5 ... In a other question is that possible mt4 to mt5 convertor ?
At this point I don't have any plans to upgrade the MQL4 indicators that I've shared to MQL5. Too much work for zero return. If MetaQuotes' business agenda has created a problem for traders, well that is not my fault.

As for a converter, you could try this one, but it was written back in 2010, and while it might convert some of the basic syntax, from what I've read it only does part of the job. That makes sense, because there are potentially an infinite number of ways that a programmer can combine statements to construct an app, and the programmer who writes a converter can't possibly anticipate all of them. And (for example) the order create/SL/TP/close paradigm in MQL5 is completely different (explained here). Differences like these are conceptual rather than merely syntactic, making it extremely difficult (I'm not quite bold enough to say impossible!!) to write a fully automated converter. I haven't used MT5 but these maxims hold good for any computer language transliteration.

For better or worse there is now a lucrative business opportunity for programmers to manually convert the thousands of indicators and EAs, that are considered indispensable by individual traders, worldwide. I don't know exactly if/when MetaQuotes plan to cut off the MT4 feed, but that would be the death of MT4, and br0kers will be forced to offer other products (MT5 or whatever). Meanwhile, you can find more info in threads like this one.

© Forex Factory