Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   MGH System (Martingale Grid & Hedging) (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/497448-mgh-system-martingale-grid-hedging)

Paracelsus Aug 12, 2014 10:12am | Post# 421

Just a quick update on my EurUsd 50 pip grid. You might notice a small modification... {image}
Going with the trend today...?

Paracelsus Aug 12, 2014 10:13am | Post# 422

Today's trades +60 pips {image} regards
Good to see that keeping the TP in place has worked out nicely today.

spyderman Aug 12, 2014 10:23am | Post# 423

{quote} Going with the trend today...?

Yes...and some TP mods too...

alllivemind Aug 12, 2014 6:25pm | Post# 424

Hey guys I have a very simple question: Is anyone making consistent money with a defined grid system for more than 2 months? If so I would love to study what they are doing.

yczzd Aug 12, 2014 8:49pm | Post# 425

Who can recommend it, we now learn which version is better, the original? Or modified?
very thanks.

hanover Aug 12, 2014 9:01pm | Post# 426

Excellent observations and very true quotation, David. Thanks. I totally agree about its validity for "trading systems".
Paracelsus,

I just wanted to acknowledge your post. I don't have any suggestions on how the grid can be improved, and the OP has asked that the thread doesn't evolve into a martingale discussion, so there's nothing really constructive that I can contribute.

Anyway, good luck, I believe that you're asking the right kind of questions, and I hope that you find some worthwhile answers.

David

yczzd Aug 12, 2014 10:09pm | Post# 427

Hi, Ata.
How is your flowchart, very much looking forward to your work.

And GoldenEA:
your EA further perfect? We want to test it.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

gridmaster Aug 12, 2014 11:35pm | Post# 428

Hey guys I have a very simple question: Is anyone making consistent money with a defined grid system for more than 2 months? If so I would love to study what they are doing.
EXPERT4U.COM

gridmaster Aug 12, 2014 11:37pm | Post# 429

If we replace tp by breaceven then it will be become trand multiplayer

gridmaster Aug 12, 2014 11:44pm | Post# 430

5 Attachment(s)
I HAVE FIND SOME EA RELATED TO TREND MUTIPLYER .http://www.mql5.com/en/code/10576
MLTrendE (1).mq4
MLTrendE_V2 (1).mq4
MLTrendE_V2 (2).mq4
MLTrendE.mq4
MLTrendE_V2.mq4

Kfx Aug 13, 2014 5:40am | Post# 431

Hello Master Kfx! You are the real Mentor, Helper, Leader & above all A NICE PERSON. We all should HATS OFF for you For your great work, your time & Effort. And the best thing is that you are Sharing your work with NO COST. I appreciate some others too like Ata-Turkoglu, Spyder-Man, Golden EA Xlcharly., I cannot write all names here. Can someone SUMMERIZE the whole Thread in one IMAGE/CHART. This would be very helpful for me The other new comers too. Take care guys. LoveandPeace
Thanks for you kind words loveandpeace.

Kfx Aug 13, 2014 5:43am | Post# 432

Kfx i think the problem is the 10 pip grid. It's just too susceptible to news spikes, etc. don't think a larger grid would be as bad. Could be wrong though
I think not the 10 pip grid but the adaptation of the grid size to the pair or volatility.

Kfx Aug 13, 2014 5:48am | Post# 433

Hi Fellows, I have new questions to find out the details for "Hedge x4" and "Hedge x4 Inside Grid" (I have to admit even asking questions for this system is tricky, because so many variations.) Happy Trades {image}
Ata, in all the scenarios you must to wait for x1 trades get TP, and then wait price drops one more level to start with "Hedge x4"

Kfx Aug 13, 2014 5:51am | Post# 434

Hi Folks, Thanks to spyderman for answering the first part of my question.. here the further part of my question regarding to "Hedge x4" Happy Trades {image}
The spyderman reply is correct.

Kfx Aug 13, 2014 5:58am | Post# 435

Some "brainstorming" ideas for further experimentations: 1. First batch entry is in "trend direction": Buy: When price comes from BELOW and touch a grid level (level 1) Sell: When price comes from ABOVE and touch a grid level (level 1) Reasoning: To keep "friendship with the trend" starting from Level1 of Original Batch. (All further "H" Level entries are in "trend direction", so why not first one, too?) 2. Not moving original TP levels when Level2 and Level3 trades are activated. TP: Next level (10 pips) If the price drops 10 pips, add a buy (level...
Hi FxMasterGuru.

Thank you for your own efforts on improving the system.

In the past, I also tried an higher TP and enter in the trend direction, but not both together.

Although I have never thought of running the original system (against the trend) and your mod (for trend). I think that we can get good ideas from here.

Kfx Aug 13, 2014 6:08am | Post# 436

One more time ... As I have continue reading I have seen a very good ideas and I want give thanks specialy to Ata, Spyderman and FxMasterGuru.

I think run double grid (original and mod by FxMasterGuru) it wouldbe works great, but it is hard to study the worst scenario. A complete EA will help a lot.

Kfx Aug 13, 2014 6:13am | Post# 437

{quote} If I may attempt to read between the lines, you're attempting to devise a system that is capable of surviving, despite its having a martingale component. Price movement is pretty much random, hence you must assume that if you trade for long enough, you'll encounter every conceivable price pattern; or put another way, all price patterns are equally likely to occur, albeit in an unknown sequence. Grid systems are especially vulnerable, in that they don't perform analysis specifically...
Yes hanover thanks for your opinion, I totally agree with you.

kaczucha11 Aug 13, 2014 6:18am | Post# 438

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all

News ruined my yesterday's and today's trades. I think that I have to use bigger grid 20 or 30 because 10 pips is too small for manual trading.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYM5.png
Size: 49 KB

Properly EA will help

regards

Kfx Aug 13, 2014 6:21am | Post# 439

I agree to concentrate our efforts more on risk and money management than technical issues, as it seems that small modificiations (incl. entry direction at round numbers and First Batch targets) do not really matter. Each Martingale strategy has a "Death Pattern" or "Death Trail", i.e. a series of specific market moves which lead to the death of the account. Similarly to an imaginary "Death Labyrinth", which has thousands of paths to safe exits, except for one, which leads to a death trap. I call this one path the "Death Trail" which we should avoid...

Hi Paracelsus.

I'm agree with the point 1, but not in point 2. I am in favor of accumulating as many profit as possible for when we lose the stipulated percentage of our account (as you named "Death Pattern"), we have overcome several times with positive profit.

kaczucha11 Aug 13, 2014 6:26am | Post# 440

1 Attachment(s)
Present EA works great for now, only I do not know how to set up a opening positions on 00 levels. Thanks GoldenEA.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYM15.png
Size: 57 KB

regards

© Forex Factory