Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading is as simple as ABCD (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=486543)

devontrader Aug 18, 2015 9:20am | Post# 8121

No, it was not. Maybe there is some ex4 version with different name?...
yes it has cos its.my indicator and ive given it to clive.look again my friend

devontrader Aug 18, 2015 9:30am | Post# 8122

Look at post 7531

its mq4 file....put in your folder and it will work.
mt4 will make the ex4 automatically.

to be honest too mant lazy people want it given instead of making an effort.

im happy to help anyone but no longer to those who wont make effort themselves.

im sure harry and others will agree

Piofx Aug 18, 2015 9:37am | Post# 8123

Hmm... you're right - there is one:-) Long time ago - 23 Jan. Thanks. Is it the same Clive is now using?...

Piofx Aug 18, 2015 9:50am | Post# 8124

Look at post 7531 its mq4 file....put in your folder and it will work. mt4 will make the ex4 automatically. to be honest too mant lazy people want it given instead of making an effort. im happy to help anyone but no longer to those who wont make effort themselves. im sure harry and others will agree
Devontrader,
I do not think everybody here is so skilled as you in all those mt4 Staff... Thanks anyway.

devontrader Aug 18, 2015 9:55am | Post# 8125

{quote} Devontrader, I do not think everybody here is so skilled as you in all those mt4 Staff... Thanks anyway.
it is all basic stuff....all part of.mt4...if you dont know.this you wont and cant trade with mt4

devontrader Aug 18, 2015 9:58am | Post# 8126

Hmm... you're right - there is one:-) Long time ago - 23 Jan. Thanks. Is it the same Clive is now using?...
clive is using the same ..if you read my PM they are the same indicator.alsoif.you read the thread like you said you.would know.....atipin the thread there is a paper clip...click it and it will show all.attachments in the thread.alsoclick the persons name it.will.get you to there profile....look.under files they posted and you see all attachments that person has posted in forex factory

Piofx Aug 18, 2015 12:40pm | Post# 8127

hey gang...need some help forward testing these two ea's....its based off of my arrow indi which is based off of the TMA bands and CCI being ob/os areas. they do great in strategy tester so if anyone with a free demo account would be kind enough to help me out forward it would be great. 1.3 takes trades on the 5 min band, 1.2 takes trades on the 15 min bands. you need both arrow indis in your data file for them to work. "arrow" files go in indicators folder, the others go in your experts folder. thanks in advance. {image} {image} {file} {file} {file}...
Hi XxLessoxX,
I'm testing your indy "arrow#2" on live account and have quite good results, so tell me, please, what's the best way to use EA's - both together on chosen pair?
Which one is more effective in your opinion?..
Thanks.

clivepackham Aug 18, 2015 2:31pm | Post# 8128

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go my friend would of posted it when you first asked if I'd been around but work is getting in the way a bit nowadays...

This is suppose to be a none repainting version but I'm not convinced and haven't had the time to really test it going forward but have had plenty of good signals trading it in real time so fairly happy its working well.
Super_Indicator_V2 nrp.mq4

SeaTheStars Aug 18, 2015 4:42pm | Post# 8129

{quote} Here you go my friend would of posted it when you first asked if I'd been around but work is getting in the way a bit nowadays... This is suppose to be a none repainting version but I'm not convinced and haven't had the time to really test it going forward but have had plenty of good signals trading it in real time so fairly happy its working well. {file}
It seems as if the arrow remains on the chart if it is printed. However, if you refresh the indicator or template, many more arrows will appear in the past. You can see this in the strategy tester. Actually, you can guess its either doing this or repainting, since all signals seem very very good if you just scroll back. I have yet to see a arrow that did not make at least 5 pips.

handy148 Aug 18, 2015 4:47pm | Post# 8130

If it looks too good to be true then it usually is.

SeaTheStars Aug 18, 2015 4:51pm | Post# 8131

If it looks too good to be true then it usually is.
Well, those arrows that are printed seem pretty good. You simply cannot put the indy on and expect all arrows to be good. Clive said, he had good entires.

clivepackham Aug 18, 2015 7:11pm | Post# 8132

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} Well, those arrows that are printed seem pretty good. You simply cannot put the indy on and expect all arrows to be good. Clive said, he had good entires.
I've got to admit I'm not sure about it myself I think you could be onto something with the resetting of the templates because my TTindy is automatically opening the charts and sorting them into order it constantly reloads the templates and so could at the same time be repainting the super indicator by refreshing the template...

So the courts out on the super indy but I have definately seen them appear at the right time as I'm watching for my CCI to signal one will often appear around the same time. So maybe we could say an arrow could be used to qualify which CCI signals to take??? Just a thought will watch it going forward for signaling at the actual time of trade..

However lets put the super indicator to one side for a moment and just concentrate on our CCI signals which never repaint... I have been messing about tonight with my CCI indicator and setting it to 8,14 and 20 again like I use to in strong trends to see which period gives us the better signals and of course its the old dilemma. The more sensitive you go eg an 8 period the more signals you get but also the more unreliable they become and again if you go too long to say the 20 CCI you never get a signal over your levels so what do we do???

How can we have the best of both worlds? Good signals without the false ones? Well look at my chart below I've put all three CCI periods on an 8, 14 and 20 to see how they compare?? Now to qualify as a tradable signal it must first go overbought in a downtrend or oversold in an uptrend so the levels important for our overbought/sold level. I'm using 150 nowadays just to ensure its truely a deep pullback against a strong trend. The further it pulls back then hopefully like an elastic band being drawn back it will go with a ping!!! Giving us a nice safe entry leaving our initial stop untouched.

I've marked all the best signals and there doesn't seem to be much in it really. The arrows appear to be catching all the better signals and the deeper the pullback the better the resulting trade...

If I had to make a call on it I'd probably say best signals with consistency are on the 20 CCI with clearer signals and some very nice lead ins too. Must wait for any of them to go overbought so over the 150 level to qualify and if this channel can be trusted then into the upper half of the channel, the nearer to the upper band the better and lastly the red arrows appear to be a nice additional confirmation for the entry..

I've got that down as about 8 winners and one loser where it signaled just over the middle band..but it didn't give us our confirming red arrow..

Click to Enlarge

Name: Comparing CCI periods EURAUD.png
Size: 124 KB

much the same result on EURJPY too...

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYM1 much the same.png
Size: 119 KB

And yet again on GBPCAD ..

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPCADM1 and again on GBPCAD.png
Size: 121 KB

So the system is the same strong downward sloping middle band on your 5 min channel then sell the overbought (150 level) 20 CCI signals the deeper pullbacks into the upper half and confirmation with a red arrow if its not repainting when chart refreshes.. Opposite for a strong upward sloping middle green band..

Gonna stick with my 20 CCI for a bit longer as a bit more reliable than my old 8..

last thing to mention had a good session with my mentor Martin the other day and learnt so much its not true, firstly we sat there for 3 and a half hours and took one 6 pip loser. Just didn't setup for martin with his setup so no trades and don't even think he would of taken the one he did if i hadn't of been there... What a lesson in trading, just have to wait for your setup and if it doesn't come you don't trade, simple as that...

second lesson I learnt from Martin was on most of my entries I will get a small pullback just after entry and if I move to break even too quickly every chance it will knock me off at BE and fly away without me. Looking at some of these trades today thats exactly what happens so I'm gonna place my 10 pip stop and leave it until the first pullback has passed then move to BE and see how I go...

Well thats about it from me lets see how tomorrow goes...

clivepackham Aug 18, 2015 7:39pm | Post# 8133

1 Attachment(s)
Forward testing this super indy and just took this little green arrow soon as he appeared..

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPNZDM1 took the little green fella.png
Size: 95 KB

So it seemed to work that time ok, will monitor and see how we go, took 10 pips out of it so time for bed as an early start tomoz...

Smartboi Aug 19, 2015 12:42am | Post# 8134

1 Attachment(s)
Clive, have a look at this currency slope indicator that I use to confirm the trend direction. See from midnight CAD and NZD begin to weaken and EUR and GBP begin to strengthen. Look at how GBPAUD, GBPNZD, EURAUD and EURNZD start moving upwards smoothly.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZDM30.png
Size: 34 KB

clivepackham Aug 19, 2015 2:04am | Post# 8135

1 Attachment(s)
Clive, have a look at this currency slope indicator that I use to confirm the trend direction. See from midnight CAD and NZD begin to weaken and EUR and GBP begin to strengthen. Look at how GBPAUD, GBPNZD, EURAUD and EURNZD start moving upwards smoothly. {image}
Hi

Yes I see, so you would trade the currency pair where the slopes are in opposite direction so from your post which in this case around midnight last night it shows EUR strengthening and CAD weakening so we should have been looking at EURCAD as per chart below...

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCADM1 eur weakening cad strengthening.png
Size: 73 KB

Hmmm looks very interesting and what I like most about it reading the guys thread is it based on TMAs so very much in line with my thread here..

Can you post the indy???? Meanwhile I'll see if I can download it myself...

clivepackham Aug 19, 2015 2:17am | Post# 8136

3 Attachment(s)
First trade today might be a bit early as Frankie hour ...

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUDM1 first trade.png
Size: 95 KB

EURJPY moving up nicely but theres that hrly upper band again but the signals look decent enough..

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYM1 bit late to party here but good signals.png
Size: 81 KB

Got stopped out on GBPAUD which is a shame as its gone 40 pips now ...

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPAUDM1 stopped out at BE.png
Size: 87 KB

Martins first pullback got me yet again, gonna have to develop a bit more belief in my own system...

clivepackham Aug 19, 2015 2:25am | Post# 8137

Looking at my GBPAUD two charts posted above you can see how much the upperband has moved even in those few minutes and now looks like a perfect signal but at the time it was a tad higher upperband so something to bear in mind. Also I see the red arrow has mysteriously appearred on my 2nd chart where there was none at the time of trade, interesting how sometimes it does appear and sometimes its after the fact....

Goes back to the original idea, find a strong trender then just look for the overbought CCI signal which will be somewhere around the upper half of the channel if the arrows there its a bonus...

Its more about finding strong trenders and trading the CCI signals than trading from the actual bands....treat them as zones to trade from not exact pionts...

Would probably avoid CCI signals on the lower bands in this instance...but lets see how we go...

clivepackham Aug 19, 2015 2:28am | Post# 8138

1 Attachment(s)
Quick dash here to the hrly upper band for 13 pips with a bit of luck...
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYM1 quick dash for 13 pips.png
Size: 80 KB

clivepackham Aug 19, 2015 2:38am | Post# 8139

1 Attachment(s)
Out at BE last time but its setup again so lets give it another shot playing it safe going to BE quickly...

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYM1 maybe this time.png
Size: 78 KB

Notice the green arrow has mysteriously appearred again after the fact compared to my last eurjpy chart but the CCI was there , good old faithful... Super trender your days are numbered...

clivepackham Aug 19, 2015 2:41am | Post# 8140

Yep got my 10 there ok....

© Forex Factory