Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading is as simple as ABCD (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=486543)

clivepackham May 26, 2014 11:45am | Post# 1

1 Attachment(s)
****Just to let you know theres been some changes made to this strategy so please read this post first but then feel free to jump to page 416 post 8309 http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=8458835#post8458835 where the current version resides.

The earlier post are fine and tell the story of how I found my way but the basic strategy is on page 416 ****

Latest Version for 2015 now here at page 416 post 8309 http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=8458835#post8458835

Hi Guys

First of all just a little bit about me and why I've decided to start my own thread.

I've been trading now on and off for about 5 years. I've tried all the usual stuff training course, following traders here and loads and loads of research and self taught stuff too. I've done all the usual stuff too, doubled my account one day then lost the lot the next day!!! You know all the same old story, but now its different, now I am starting to understand what its all about and I've been having some relative success trading my demo account recently so thought well now its time to try some real money.

So here I am and I am gonna give it another go to see if I can crack it once and for all. The system I am about to share with you is all my own work, its personal to me, sure its got a little bit of someones system here and there but very basically I've broken the whole forex trading game down to its simplest form and I believe I 've cracked it!!

Its nothing new , in fact its all been done before , but its exactly fits me and my personality, its exactly how I see the market and how to trade it. Hopefully some of you guys will enjoy it too. I'm sure there will plenty who don't but thats cool we all have to find our own path in life and forex trading is no different.

But before I share my system with you all I just want to share something else, the reason I've come back to give it another go. My father. My Father died recently 23rd March 2014 and left a massive hole in my life, he was beyond doubt the biggest influence in my life shaping me to be the man I am today. He was one of the kindest, most loving, inspirational man I've ever known. He was without doubt a super, super human being.

Well to cut a long story short about 10 years ago I was struggling to make ends meet, facing bankruptcy and on the verge of giving up all together, when my father pushed a bit of paper in my hand and said thats for you son don't you ever give up, one day you'll make it. I read that piece of paper that day and it kept me going and helped me along my way.

Well I didn't think much more about it, never even read it for another 10 years, not until he died then strangely enough I remembered it and carefully unfolded the crumbled paper and read it again. It inspired me to give Forex another go and do you know what??? I think I can beat it!!!

Here's what he gave me that day, I think his message is very relevant and hopefully will help you all become succesful Forex traders.

William Packham

13th July ‘24 – 23rd March ‘14

If you think you are beaten, you are

If you think you dare not, you don’t

If you like to win, but think you can’t

It’s almost certain you won’t.

If you think you’ll lose, you’ve lost

For out of this world we find

Success begins with a person’s will

It’s all in the state of mind.

If you think you’re outclassed, you are

You’ve got to think high to rise

You’ve got to be sure of yourself before

You can ever win a prize.

The battles don’t always go

To the stronger or faster man

But sooner or later the man who wins

Is the one who thinks he can.

Thanks Dad I will love you forever. xxx
William Packham.docx

Yana May 26, 2014 12:17pm | Post# 2

Hi Clive,
He was certainly a very wise man. I am really sorry for your loss.
But wishing you much success with this thread!
Peace and Love,
Yana

Winston Reed May 26, 2014 12:31pm | Post# 3

Looking forward to your method.

clivepackham May 26, 2014 12:46pm | Post# 4

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay but my text box is not working very well and I can't add stuff I need to describe my strategy. In fact I don't have a edit toolbar whatsoever which means this is all gonna look a bit plain and boring. Plus I can't seem to upload some of my drawings I've done to explain it all.

Oh well I will make a start and see how I go.

Well first of all I want to say that in my honest opinion Forex trading, any trading for that matter is not complicated. Lets face it guys price can only go up or down, it can't be that complicated can it??

All we have to do is decide which way its gonna go, up, or down?? How hard can that be??? Its not exactly rocket science is it now??? So lets cut through all the crap and strip it back down to basics, how can we look at a chart and decide which way its gonna go or more to the point which way I we gonna put our money on???

But of course the problem is price doesn't move in a straight line does it? No, it moves in waves, price is constantly waving up and down across the page. This appears to confuse us all and sends us scurrying for our fib calculators, Indicators , moving averages, Elliot waves, upon elliot waves,Crystal balls, lie detectors, lobster potts and Great Aunt Sallys bloomers and anything else we think will help us!!!

But hey guys its simple, every chart we've ever looked at is made up of the very simple ABCD move as shown below. This is all we need to trade forex succesfully, as hopefully I will demonstrate over the coming days, weeks and months.

Hey sorry but I can't get my images uploaded so gonna call a halt here until i can resolve the problem with Admin, have logged a report so hopefully it will soon get sorted.

But more importantly my lovely lady wants me to take her out for a meal so gotta go but will be back asap.

I will be attaching a live explorer account too soon as I can and I will be trading every London and New York open and posting charts as I go.

Sorry about this delay guys will catch up soon.

Forex Girl May 26, 2014 1:00pm | Post# 5

I am really sorry for your loss!

Beautiful and Strong Words.

whatfx May 26, 2014 1:14pm | Post# 6

Hi Guys Sorry for the delay but my text box is not working very well and I can't add stuff I need to describe my strategy. In fact I don't have a edit toolbar whatsoever which means this is all gonna look a bit plain and boring. Plus I can't seem to upload some of my drawings I've done to explain it all. Oh well I will make a start and see how I go. Well first of all I want to say that in my honest opinion Forex trading, any trading for that matter is not complicated. Lets face it guys price can only go up or down, it can't be that complicated can...

hello clive,

long time no see. sorry to hear about your loss. we all have to go one day, its difficult, but life has to go on.

i thought you were doing swell, with your 1 min scalping method ? what happened to that ?

clivepackham May 26, 2014 1:20pm | Post# 7

{quote} hello clive, long time no see. sorry to hear about your loss. we all have to go one day, its difficult, but life has to go on. i thought you were doing swell, with your 1 min scalping method ? what happened to that ?
Thats how I use it my friend but my strategy works on all time frames just as well. I just love my 1 min stuff!!

zarkon May 26, 2014 2:10pm | Post# 8

my respect

Intrepidpips May 27, 2014 3:49am | Post# 9

Hi Clive I'm subscribed, already incorporating some of your ideas (14 x 15= 210).

Sorry about your Dad, but glad for the inspiration he left.

Knez May 27, 2014 4:09am | Post# 10

{quote} Thats how I use it my friend but my strategy works on all time frames just as well. I just love my 1 min stuff!!
Please continue with your thread and your trading method.

Thank you.

clivepackham May 27, 2014 5:50am | Post# 11

{quote} Please continue with your thread and your trading method. Thank you.
Still having probs uploading stuff and no Toolbar still but will continue thread just as soon as I have some time probably this evening.

Problem is everytime I post it just loads up as a load of continuous text and I have to edit it immediately after every post. driving me mad!!!!

Please be patient will resume thread soon as I can.

Many thanks to all the kind words about my Dad , much appreciated.

Rooi May 27, 2014 6:42am | Post# 12

{quote} Still having probs uploading stuff and no Toolbar still but will continue thread just as soon as I have some time probably this evening. Problem is everytime I post it just loads up as a load of continuous text and I have to edit it immediately after every post. driving me mad!!!! Please be patient will resume thread soon as I can. Many thanks to all the kind words about my Dad , much appreciated.
Will be stopping by from time time to check in and see how it is going.

Subscribed and wishing you all the best with your system and turning this into a business.

Rooi

ontheup May 27, 2014 6:55am | Post# 13

R.I.P. William Packham - wise words which I will remember.

Thank You

guilherme May 27, 2014 7:26am | Post# 14

Joined the boat !!!! Wish you all the best !!!!

Psp777 May 27, 2014 8:24am | Post# 15

Good day to all! Condolences from all my heart ... I also buried his father a year ago, it's no loss vospolnimaya ... The best thing that we can do for our fathers is to remember and honor. Man on forever until it is remembered.

lucariga May 27, 2014 9:54am | Post# 16

Condolences. Subscribed

clivepackham May 27, 2014 10:33am | Post# 17

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys
Thanks again for all the supportive comments its very much appreciated.

I am going to carry on with my thread today despite posting problems so bear with me when I first post as I will have to go in after posting and edit it to make it readable, but can't wait any longer to resolve these posting issues. So carrying on from post 4 above:

But hey guys its simple, every chart we've ever looked at is made up of the very simple ABCD move as shown below.

This is all we need to trade forex succesfully, as hopefully I will demonstrate over the coming days, weeks and months.

As you can see this is the very simple ABCD pattern and its all we need to trade forex successfully as it is the building block of all the charts we ever look at.

It starts on the tick chart and goes right through all our charts 1min, 5 min etc right through to the weekly charts. Master trading this pattern and you have mastered Forex.

But before we start trading this pattern lets look into why it appears all over our charts with such astonishing regularity, once we understand just what is going on then maybe we have half a chance of trading it successfully.

First of all our trader, Fred, decides to buy at price “A” price then moves nicely up the page say 10 pips to point “B”.

Now, here’s a question for you? Has our trader Fred made any money when price reaches point “B” ? Well the simple answer is, no he hasn't. So what has he got to do to make his money?? That’s right he has to bank his money and to do that he has to sell.

Now Gladys also bought at “A” and she too is looking to bank her profits and just like Fred wants to sell too at “B”.

Now this sudden selling pressure results in the price dropping back to point “C” a typical retracement of about 50% of the initial move up.

Now Fred and Gladys have made a nice little profit on the first move and have some money in the bank ready to buy back in when the price is right and lo and behold when price reaches point “C” they decide to buy back in and price promptly flys back up the page past the old high at point “B” all the way up to a new high at point “D” where Fred and Gladys promptly sell again banking some more profits and the whole cycle starts again.

Now that my friends in a nutshell is how the market works and why there's ABCD moves all over our charts, its the constant buying and selling, no matter what timeframe you trade.

So the burning question is how do we make use of this information and how do we trade the ABCD moves??

Well before I answer that question one thing I should of mentioned before is that Fred is the head trader at the Bank of Japan and Gladys is the head trader at the European central Bank. So one thing is for sure you don't want to be the other side of their trades.

In fact you want to be trading with them not against them. So how do we do that?

How do we trade the ABCD move? Well all you have to do is buy and sell at the same time as them , so you have 2 choices you either buy at point “C” as price pulls back to it ,my preferred method, or you buy as price breaks above point “B” , the breakout entry.
Click to Enlarge

Name: abcd.png
Size: 21 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: how to trade the abcd move.png
Size: 29 KB

clivepackham May 27, 2014 10:40am | Post# 18

That last post took me about 2 hrs to post as I had to copy paste and upload everything about a hundred bloody times, its driving me insane.(emocion pulling his hair out!!)

I've more to say about my trading strategy but its just taking so long with this posting problem so I will have to get it sorted out with Admin asap before posting any more, sorry but I can't sit here for hours doing one small post its crazy.

Admin please help me with this have emailed you 3 times !!!

Donika May 27, 2014 11:43am | Post# 19

Thanks Clive good one

And sorry for your loss sons are blessed to have admirable fathers. Some dont .

aje6767 May 27, 2014 12:45pm | Post# 20

Hmmm! Dust to dust. Sorry for that.That is the way of the whole earth.But thank God for his life.May his soul rest at the bosom of the LORD. Subscribe.

© Forex Factory