Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   MT4 calendar indicator link request (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=479391)

Devart Apr 10, 2014 5:27am | Post# 1

MT4 calendar indicator link request

Hello

Should someone provide me the name (and possible the link to download it) of an indicator that shows on MT4 (build 625) the calendar ?

I'm searching something like this:
Inserted Video

I don't need and EA. Simply an indicator that shows on the graph when the the new is going to arrive.
Obvious I need to select the currencies that I want

Thank you

P.s. The indicator must be freeware

fxdaytrader_ Apr 10, 2014 7:05am | Post# 2

2 Attachment(s)
I have uploaded it some time ago, it should work on the newest mt4 builds also.
You may adjust the "offsethours"-parameter ( compare it with the times on http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php ), alerts are also implemented ...

it is an indicator, not an ea.
edit: see screenshot pls. (soundalert xyz minutes before news is available)
FFCal.Alerts.ex4
Click to Enlarge

Name: ff_calendarindicator_usdcad-daily.png
Size: 39 KB

Devart Apr 10, 2014 8:54am | Post# 3

Thank you dude
It's work well !!

Devart Apr 10, 2014 9:32am | Post# 4

4 Attachment(s)
I have a problem on some currencies.
Using "ReportAllForUSD = true" I don't get the calendar of the cross on which I am.
For example on EURCAD
I got as calendar CAD and USD

So I set "ReportAllForUSD = false".

I got as calendar CAD and nothing.

The image are with: "ReportAllForUSD = false".

Secondly I don't understood how "OffsetHours" works.
I live in Italy.
I tried this parameter with values from 0 to 3 and the calendar is not correct :/

For 10 minutes all worked well after boom
Click to Enlarge

Name: Untitled 1.jpg
Size: 657 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Untitled 2.jpg
Size: 303 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Untitled 3.jpg
Size: 316 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Untitled 4.jpg
Size: 250 KB

fxdaytrader_ Apr 10, 2014 10:18am | Post# 5

I don't understood how "OffsetHours" works. I live in Italy. I tried this parameter with values from 0 to 3 and the calendar is not correct :/ For 10 minutes all worked well after boom {image} {image} {image} {image}
I think it refers to the servertime. Play around with some settings, 0, +1, +2, +3, -1, -2, -3, and so on ...

symona Apr 10, 2014 11:07am | Post# 6

Hi fxdaytrader,

Is it possible to add the forecast and previous data to the push notifications?

if so, please post source code so I can make minor cosmetic changes to other features.

Thanks a lot.

Devart Apr 10, 2014 11:09am | Post# 7

{quote} I think it refers to the servertime. Play around with some settings, 0, +1, +2, +3, -1, -2, -3, and so on ...
I'm trying

fxdaytrader_ Apr 10, 2014 11:24am | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
Is it possible to add the forecast and previous data to the push notifications? if so, please post source code so I can make minor cosmetic changes to other features.
yes, it is possible (but I will not do it), maybe you can do it by yourself

see attached pls.
FFCal.Alerts.mq4

symona Apr 10, 2014 12:38pm | Post# 9

1 Attachment(s)
DONE:

Added data to alerts.
FFCal.Alerts.ex4

symona Apr 22, 2014 10:41pm | Post# 10

Hi Fxdaytrader,

How are you? How does the FFCalAlerts indicator notify for AUD NEWS? For example this evening's CPI numbers were announced at 9:30pm but did not register at all. (Marked as High Impact on FF Calendar.)

Please let me know...

fxdaytrader_ Apr 23, 2014 2:42am | Post# 11

If I remember right you have to attach the indicator to a chart with an AUD-symbol

diehard Apr 23, 2014 2:49am | Post# 12

can this or and news indicater shows on chart in past there was a news. means suppose 10 day before a news come about and pair . that today indicater shows a point that indicater it movement on that time due to news

symona Apr 23, 2014 4:39am | Post# 13

If I remember right you have to attach the indicator to a chart with an AUD-symbol
Thanks buddy. I will try that...

fxdaytrader_ Apr 23, 2014 12:59pm | Post# 14

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Fxdaytrader, How are you? How does the FFCalAlerts indicator notify for AUD NEWS? For example this evening's CPI numbers were announced at 9:30pm but did not register at all. (Marked as High Impact on FF Calendar.) Please let me know...
Hi, I had a quick look and I think it is possible to add other pairs also. Experimental, pls. try -> I have added extern parameter ReportAllForCustomPair .
Set it to TRUE and enter for CustomPairName = AUD , I think it will work
FFCal extended.Alerts.mq4
FFCal extended.Alerts.ex4

symona Apr 23, 2014 1:30pm | Post# 15

{quote} Hi, I had a quick look and I think it is possible to add other pairs also. Experimental, pls. try -> I have added extern parameter ReportAllForCustomPair . Set it to TRUE and enter for CustomPairName = AUD , I think it will work {file} {file}
I knew you would eventually fix it...in the meantime I opened an AUDUSD chart and added the indicator, like you suggested and it worked.

Thanks again for your attention and time fxdaytrader.

symona Apr 23, 2014 1:45pm | Post# 16

I guess the only mod needed to perfect this calendar would be to incorporate the Actual data as soon as it is announced.

As a push notification would be useful.

grin Apr 26, 2014 8:06pm | Post# 17

{quote} Hi, I had a quick look and I think it is possible to add other pairs also. Experimental, pls. try -> I have added extern parameter ReportAllForCustomPair . Set it to TRUE and enter for CustomPairName = AUD , I think it will work {file} {file}
It does not seem to work on build 625.

New TimeGMT structure comes into conflict with the same named structure in the indicator. With simple name changes it is possible to get around the problem and compile it.

I could not get the indicator to work after compilation on b.625 though. It fails to download data from FF. This system call to fetch data from website fails as debug mode shows:

hInternet = InternetOpenUrlA(hSession(FALSE), strUrl, "0", 0,
INTERNET_FLAG_NO_CACHE_WRITE |
INTERNET_FLAG_PRAGMA_NOCACHE |
INTERNET_FLAG_RELOAD, 0);

Has anyone figured out how to solve the problem?

fxdaytrader_ May 4, 2014 4:09pm | Post# 18

{quote} It does not seem to work on build 625. (...)With simple name changes it is possible to get around the problem and compile it. I could not get the indicator to work after compilation on b.625 though.
It is <build 600 mql4 syntax, so you must compile that indicator with the build 509 editor (download). After compilation use the .ex4 file only, do not copy the .mq4-file to indicators-directory because this will not work

grin May 9, 2014 8:13pm | Post# 19

{quote} It is <build 600 mql4 syntax, so you must compile that indicator with the build 509 editor (download). After compilation use the .ex4 file only, do not copy the .mq4-file to indicators-directory because this will not work
I have been trying to move forward to compiling in b.600+. While it compiles, the call fails at run time. I guess, I will have to wait until someone figures it out.

fxdaytrader_ May 10, 2014 6:27am | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
I guess, I will have to wait until someone figures it out.
What is the problem to compile the file using the build 509 editor (or download the .ex4 above?)?
But only copy the .ex4 to mql4/indicators folder, NOT the mq4 (this would not work, so if you copied the .mq4 also, please delete it).

It works, tested some minutes ago with build 646, pls. see screenshot
Click to Enlarge

Name: ffcal.test.png
Size: 11 KB

© Forex Factory